Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Nightmare Before Christmas ❯ Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claws ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yuri: Hi guys! So, yeah, quick update for this story this time. I'm tryin to get it finished as soon as possible so I can focus on my other stuff. And, just so you all know, the citizens of Halloween Town refer to Santa Claus as 'Sandy Claws.' Just so no one thinks I'm just a retard who likes to spell it that way. Sorry if this is not my best work. Look for an update of Disturbia soon as well.
Enjoy!
...Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claws...
Nervous violet eyes glanced side to side as Yugi slowly inched closer to Ryou who was waiting with him in a line of about three dozens creatures inside of the town hall. True, Yugi had been here for some time but he didn’t think that he was quite comfortable with everyone in Halloween Town. At least, not yet. The purpose of this line was for Yami to assign each creature a job to help prepare for Christmas. Luckily, they had been near the front so they wouldn’t have to wait too long. Dr. Valon, who Yugi had recognized as the person who had given Yami all of the experiment equipment was now currently engaged in a conversation with the ruby-eyed youth. Yugi leaned forward slightly in an attempt to hear the two.
“Dr. Valon. I’m glad you could make it,” Yami greeted before picking up a book and opening it to a page that was littered with several reindeers. “I need some of these.”
Dr. Valon squinted at the odd portrait, a smug smile coming to his face. “Their construction should be exceedingly simple, I think.”
Kaiba, who was standing beside Yami, smirked. “How horrible our Christmas will be.”
“No,” Yami corrected quickly. “How jolly!”
“Oh,” Kaiba replied, uncertainty seeping into his voice. A commotion in the front caught his attention, a gasp escaping his lips when he spotted three very familiar figures. Noticing that Yami was still engrossed in a conversation with the doctor, Kaiba walked towards the entrance door, a harsh glare painting itself on his face as he eyed the newcomers suspiciously.
“What are you doing here?” the mayor inquired, the disdain evident.
A tall girl with flowing red hair and bright green eyes smiled. She was a ghoul, just like a brother. “Yami sent for us,” she said.
“Specifically,” the white-haired demon beside her smirked.
“By name,” A tan vampire behind them clarified.
Kaiba scowled at the three before him but nevertheless led them to the front where Yami had just bid goodbye to Dr. Valon.
“Yami, it’s Oogie’s boys,” Kaiba said, ignoring the snarl from the red-haired girl.
Yami turned to the new arrivals, a small smirk on his face. “Ah! Halloween’s finest. Serenity, Bakura, and Marik.” Yami beckoned the three to come closer. “The job I have for you is top secret. It requires craft, cunning, mischief–“
“And we thought you didn’t like us Yami,” Serenity purred.
Yami resisted the urge to roll his eyes, instead just continuing where he had left off. “Absolutely no one is to know about this, not a soul,” Yami warned and his next words came out in a whisper meant only for the three in front of him to hear. Kaiba, who had taken the hint, leaned off to the side until Yami finished.
“And one more thing,” Yami said, his voice raising just enough for everyone in the room to hear. “Leave that no account Oogie Boogie out of this!”
Serenity smirked. “Whatever you say, Yami.”
“Of course Yami,” Marik bowed.
“Wouldn’t dream of it Yami,” Bakura added, a devious smile appearing on his face.
With a quick wave of the hand, Yami dismissed the three, not failing to notice the suggestive wink Bakura tossed in Ryou’s direction, the petite doll glaring at him in return.
The moment the three had stepped outside, the scurried off to the graveyard until they reached an abandoned house in the back. Once they were all standing in front of the house, Serenity turned to the other two, sinister smile lighting up her pretty features.
“Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claws?” Serenity said, repeating what Yami had told them earlier.
“I want to do it,” Bakura demanded.
Marik shook his head. “Let's draw straws!”
Serenity groaned, opening the door to the house before wandering off to the corner of the main room. “Yami said we should work together.”
“And what do you suggest?” Bakura inquired, leaning up against the wall, the shadows hiding some of his features.
Serenity turned to face him, her eyes shining with excitement. “I say we kidnap the Sandy Claws, lock him up real tight. Throw away the key and then turn off all the lights. First, we're going to set some bait inside a nasty trap and wait. When he comes a-sniffing we will snap the trap and close the gate.”
Marik laughed, the sickening sound resonating throughout the dimly-lit room. “Wait, I've got a better plan to catch this big red lobster man. Let's pop him in a boiling pot and when he's done we'll butter him up.”
Bakura tilted his head in thought before forming his own plan. “I say we kidnap the Sandy Claws, throw him in a box. Bury him for ninety years then see if he talks.”
Watching Serenity pull out several daggers from a drawer, Marik voiced a new plan. “I say that we take a cannon, aim it at his door and then knock three times and when he answers, Sandy Claws will be no more.”
Green eyes narrowed profusely at the platinum-blonde vampire. “You're so stupid; think now, if we blow him up into smithereens, we may lose some pieces and then Yami will beat us black and green.”
Serenity listened intently for any movement from the lower floor, knowing very well that Oogie Boogie was eavesdropping on their conversation. A smile reappeared on her face. “We're his little henchmen and we take our job with pride. We do our best to please him and stay on his good side,” she said to no one in particular.
Walking over to a closet to pull out a few more weapons, Serenity scowled when Bakura and Marik began to toss knives at each other, causing a small disturbance. “I wish my cohorts weren't so dumb,” she whispered to herself but loud enough for the other two to hear.
“I'm not the dumb one,” Bakura scoffed.
“You're no fun,” the vampire teased.
Serenity growled deep in her throat. “Shut up!”
“Make me,” Bakura hissed.
Serenity ignored the comment before walking up to the two. “I've got something, listen now. This one is real good, you'll see. We'll send a present to his door upon there'll be a note to read. Now, in the box we'll wait and hide until his curiosity entices him to look inside and then we'll have him!”
Marik nodded in agreement but Bakura still wasn’t convinced. “I say we kidnap the Sandy Claws, beat him with a stick. Lock him for ninety years, see what makes him tick.”
Serenity passed their weapons out and shook her head. “Kidnap the Sandy Claws, chop him into bits. Mr. Oogie Boogie is sure to get his kicks.”
Marik shrugged. “Kidnap the Sandy Claws, see what we will see.”
“Lock him in a cage and then throw away the key,” Bakura added, the entire room vibrating with insane laughter as the three made their exit, following the directions that Yami had given them that led to the forest. Once they closed the door, a dark shadow appeared on one of the walls, the light casting a crease where a smirk had appeared.
“Sandy Claws, huh?” said the menacing voice before disappearing into the shadows again.

“Yugi,” Yami purred, the moment he laid eyes upon the small doll. Taking the other’s hand in his, Yami led Yugi to the far wall, Ryou following in suit while at the same time keeping his distance from the two tri-colored haired youths.
“I need your help more than anyone’s,” Yami said, approaching a small chest and burying his face inside of it as he searched for another portrait. Yugi, who had, at this point, decided that it would be best to tell Yami about his premonition, bit his lip nervously.
“You certainly do, Yami.” Yugi looked down at the ground, swallowing the lump in his throat. “I had a terrible vision.”
“That’s splendid!” Yami replied, only partly listening to Yugi’s words as he began to toss irrelevant objects from the chest in order to find the one he needed.
“It was about your Christmas,” Yugi continued, hoping to clarify his previous statement. “There was smoke and fire!”
Yami looked up, surprise shining in his alluring ruby orbs. “That’s not my Christmas. My Christmas is filled with laughter and joy. And–” Yami pulled out a portrait of himself dressed in his usual black suit and then lowered a second page, which changed his attire into one that Yugi recognized as Santa Claus’ clothing. “This,” Yami finished, pointing to the picture. “My sandy claws outfit. I want you to make it.”
Yugi’s eyes went wide the moment he realized that the other was just not getting it. “Yami, please listen to me! It’s going to be a disaster!” Yugi practically shouted.
Yami smiled at Yugi’s exasperated look. “How could it be? Just follow the pattern. Ryou can help you. This part’s red, the trim is white.”
Yugi shook his head vehemently. How dense could Yami be!?
“It’s a mistake, Yami,” Yugi said, pleading for the other to just listen.
“Now don’t be modest!” Yami assured. “Who else is clever enough to make my Sandy Claws outfit?”
“Next,” Yami heard Kaiba announce, knowing that he had to hurry if he wanted to give everyone their job tonight. Brushing Yugi’s bangs to the side, Yami bent down and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. “I have every confidence in you, Yugi,” Yami said before lightly shoving Yugi back in Ryou’s direction. “I’ll see you back at the house tonight.”
Yugi watched as Yami began to talk to someone else, a look of utter helplessness in his usually bright eyes. “But it seems wrong to me,” Yugi whispered to himself. “Very wrong.”
Noticing the distress in his young friend’s face, Ryou grabbed Yugi’s hand, deciding that he would walk him home since Yami was obviously going to be busy for the night. Yugi let himself be dragged out of the town hall, wishing more than anything that Yami would just come home with him. To just be with him.
About an hour after Yugi had left, Yami was brought from one of his conversations by several voices calling out for him.
“We got him! We got him!” Serenity said as she approached Yami, gesturing to the large black bag that Bakura and Marik were dragging behind them.
Yami’s eyes doubled with excitement. “Open it up!” he ordered, walking up to the bag. “Quickly!”
Bakura and Marik did as told, though reluctantly, and Yami nearly fell over in shock when a rather large pink rabbit hopped out of the bag, a basket of eggs in one hand, and a yellow slash across its shoulders that read, ‘Easter.’
Yami looked at the rabbit, his face twisting in confusion. “That’s not Sandy Claws.”
“It isn’t?” Serenity inquired, slightly disappointed.
“Who is it?” Bakura snapped suspiciously.
The pink animal bounced up to Kaiba and began to sniff the brunet, who only snarled in response, causing the bunny to squeak and jump right back into the bag. Yami’s confusion was immediately replaced with annoyance and frustration.
“Not Sandy claws,” Yami repeated, motioning towards the shaking bag. “Take him back!”
Serenity frowned. “We followed your instructions.”
“We went through the door,” Marik added, a small hint of defiance seeping through his tone.
“Which door?” Yami growled. “There’s more than one!” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a sugar cookie decorated like a Christmas tree. “Sandy Claws is behind the door shaped like this!”
Serenity’s expression instantly hardened as she walked over and slapped Marik upside the head. “I told you!”
Marik retaliated by shoving Bakura to the side. “And I told you!”
In a blink of the eye, Bakura had tackled Marik to the ground. Yami, at this point, lost all of his patience. His skin immediately vanished into thin air, revealing nothing but a scowling skeleton. Yami leaned over the two and pulled at his mouth with his fingers, stretching the corners of his mouth until his grin was twisted and horrifying before releasing a loud growl that resonated from his throat, bringing all movement in the room to a screeching halt.
Once he had realized that he had everyone’s full and undivided attention, Yami’s skin reappeared and he walked over to the shivering bag, leaning down gently to poke at the rabbit inside. “I’m very sorry for the inconvenience sir,” Yami apologized, shooting another glare at the three creatures beside him.
“Take him home first!” Yami demanded, pointing to the bag. “And be careful with Sandy Claws when you fetch him. Treat him nicely.”
Serenity nodded while Bakura and Marik dragged the bag back to the door. “You got it. We’ll get it right next time. Don’t you worry,” she said and then, when they were all back outside, added with a smirk: “We’ll treat him real nice.”

To Be Continued...

Reviews are appreciated as always.