Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Perfect Couple ❯ The 1st Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Perfect Couple

By Queen Of Curses

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh or any of its characters. And I probably never will.

Summary: <This is my first fic so sorry if it's boring> Seto Kaiba and Yugi Mutou first meet in sixth grade at Raven Jr. High. They get to know each other and a romance forms between the two of them. But who is this mysterious person who tries to break them up? Will Seto and Yugi's love for each other last or will it be shattered?

"..." - Speech

'...' - Thought

Chapter 1 - The First Day

It was the first day of school at Raven Jr. High. All of the sixth graders had to gather in the auditorium for a speech made by the principal. Just then, a short boy with spiky gold, crimson, and black hair dressed entirely of leather walked in. And he looked around to find any familiar faces.

This boy, his name was Yugi Mutou. He was the shy type and preferred to stick close to his friends. When he didn't see any familiar faces, he just took a random seat. 'I just wish Yami was here.' Little Yugi thought as he blankly stared into space. 'Too bad he had to stay home to take care of the shop since Grandpa is in America.'

Just then did he notice the tall boy sitting next to him. He was just sitting with his chin rested on his hand with his eyes closed. "Hello there. My name is Yugi Mutou. What's yours?" Yugi said in a friendly tone.

"My name is Seto Kaiba." he replied in a cold voice. 'What does this boy want?' he asked himself. He opened his sapphire blue eyes and laid them upon Yugi. 'Hmm....he seems cute and friendly, too. But who needs friends?' Seto kept thinking to himself.

"Well, hello Seto." Yugi just replied back as he finger with the chain of his Millennium Puzzle. "What class are you in?"

"I'm in class 6D." He answered in a voice without emotion. "How about you?"

"Hey!" Yugi exclaimed as he glanced between his class papers and Seto's. "We're in the same class."

"You're right." He replied and he went back to deeply thinking. 'My day couldn't get any better.' Seto thought. 'I'm in a class with a boy named Yugi who I would consider close to being my friend. And he's cute, too. He also seems innocent.' Just then a thought hit Seto. 'What am I saying?!? I just sound gay thinking these thoughts to myself.'

And the principal, Mr. Fielding, went on to start his speech. "Good morning, sixth graders. Welcome to Raven Jr. High. Here........" And the principal kept going on and on with his speech.

<><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><>< ;><><><><><><><><><&g t;<><><><><

After Mr. Fielding's very long, and boring, speech all the sixth graders went to their first class of the day. Class 6D, Seto and Yugi's class, had math first. They walked there together silently to room 225.

'Seto is really quiet. He also seems very intelligent and serious.' Yugi thought to himself. 'I just hope we become closer as friends. But there's something in me that wants to be more than friends with Seto.'

'This silence between me and Yugi is unbearable. Oh, good, we have math next. I'm pretty good at that. I'm also pretty good in science and gym. But my weak point is foreign language. Maybe I should start a conversation.' Seto thought to himself as he walked along.

"Yugi, what's your favorite subject in school?" He asked.

"Well, I sort of like foreign language. That's because I always get high grades in that subject. I'm also pretty fond of social studies and language arts. But I'm not very good in the subject of gym and science." Yugi replied.'

After that statement make by Yugi, the two boys just kept walking on again in silence.

'I just made a fool of myself.' Seto thought as he ran a hand through his sandy brown hair. 'Your favorite subject really isn't a good way to start a conversation.'

'Hmm...I sounded so stupid when I told him my favorite subjects. What person is fond of social studies?!?' Yugi thought.

And then they kept walking on in an awkward silence, heading for room 225.

<><><><><><><><>< ;><><><><><><><><><&g t;<><><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><

And the day kept going on and on. Seto and Yugi finished math class and went on to foreign language. During that class, Yugi and Seto sat next to each other. Yugi kept giggling through the class with the way Seto kept mispronouncing the words. And Seto himself giggled, which is very rare if you actually know who Seto Kaiba is.

And the period they had next was lunch. Of course, Seto and Yugi sat next to each other. For some reason, Seto was intensely staring at his sandwich as if it would burst into flames if he stared hard enough.

"Uh, Seto." Yugi said in a worried tone. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Seto replied, not breaking the lock his eyes had on the sandwich.

"First of all, you're creeping me out looking at your sandwich like that. And you're starting to worry me."

"You really shouldn't worry. Even I don't know why I'm staring at me sandwich like this." Seto replied, still not breaking eye contact with the sandwich. 'Hmm...Yugi really sounds worried. He even sounds as if he actually cares about him.

"Seto, I care about you, that's why I'm worried." Yugi said as if he read Seto's mind. Seto just broke the lock his eyes had on the sandwich and raised his eyes to Yugi's deep, violet ones and smiled.

"It's good to hear that." Seto said, with warmth in his voice.

<><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><

And the day went on and on. Seto and Yugi could be found walking together in the hallways. 4th period they had science. 5th period they had social studies. 6th period they had language arts. 7th period they had technology. And 8th period they had music.

And that was all for the school day. I have to say, anyone can tell that Seto and Yugi were reluctant to leave each other. They gave each other their phone number. And they bid each other farewell for the school day was over.

<><><><><><><><>&l t;><><><><><><><><><& gt;<><><><><><><><><> <><><><><

"Hello, Aibou." Yami greeted Yugi as his little light walked through the doors of the Turtle Game Shop.

"Hi, Yami." Yugi said in return.

"How was your first day of school?"

"It was okay. I met this guy named Seto Kaiba. And now were friends."

"It's good to hear that."

Yugi started walking up the stairs. "Yugi, I have good news." His Yami called out, stopping Yugi from climbing any more steps. "Grandpa will be back home from America tonight. And that means I can go to school with you. All I need to do is fill out some papers."

"Yay!!!" Yugi exclaimed as he rushed down the stairs to hug his Yami.

"But I'll be in a different grade. But I'll still keep an eye out for you." Yami said, hugging his little light back.

"Of course."

"Yugi, can you take care of yourself for a while? I need to go to your school to sign myself up to attend there."

"You know I can. Actually, I was thinking the same thing." Yugi said, flashing a really cute smile at his Yami.

<><><><><><><><>&l t;><><><><><><><><><& gt;<><><><><><><><><> <><><><><

So Yami left Yugi at home. He put on a helmet and hopped onto his black motorcycle and sped away, heading for Raven Jr. High.

When he got there, he chained his motorcycle to a tree. He entered the building and was greeted by the office attendant.

"Well, hello. How may I help you?" She asked in a welcoming voice.

"I'd like to sign up to attend this school."

"Okay, just fill in this paper."

Name: Yami Mutou

Sex: Male

Age: 14

Grade: 8th

What education did you have before you wanted to sign up for this school?

I had special tutoring in Egypt from my personal advisor.

Do you have any relatives in this school?

Yes and No. Long story. Depends if you count Yugi Mutou as a relative by blood.

Appropriate dressing is required. Name specific clothing you may wear to school.

Black sneakers, tight leather pants, tight belt buckle shirt, belt (around neck), and the Millennium Puzzle.

"Thank you, and have a nice day." the office attendant said as she handed Yami his class papers.

Yami left the building and unchained his motorcycle. He hopped onto it and sped away, leaving only dust, heading home.

<><><><><><><><>&l t;><><><><><><><><><& gt;<><><><><><><><><> <><><><><

Yami returned home, with Yugi greeting him with a hug.

"Hello, little light. Did you finish your homework?"

"Yes, I did, Yami."

"Well, I think we should get ready for bed."

So Yami and Yugi took a shower, got dressed in pajamas and got to bed.

"Good night, my little light."

"Good night, Yami."

And both of them drifted of to sleep.

<><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><

QOC: So, how was this first chapter? It might be a little boring, though. I'm new to this stuff. Well, it's going to take a while until the next chapter comes up. I need good ideas. R&R please!!!