Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Power of Friendship ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6. An Unusual Twist of Fate

Yugi awoke to the dreadful sound of his alarm clock. He banged the sleep button with his fist and struggled to sit up. He was still weak from his battle against Bakura. He got dressed into his school uniform, put his millennium puzzle around his neck, sat back down on his bed and looked at his Dark Magician card.

"Do you really think we can trust the spirit to leave Bakura be?" Yugi asked Yami.

"I'm not sure. With his ways I'd say we shouldn't. It'd be best if we just kept a close eye on Bakura for now."

Yugi then herd the doorbell ring. His Grandpa answered it and called him down.

Tea greeted Yugi as he came limping down the stairs. "Hi Tea. Where are Tristan, Bakura, and Joey?"

"Tristan slept in, Joey's still not feeling up to going to school, and Bakura... I honestly have no idea." Yugi looked concerned. It had been three days since they had fought Bakura and Joey was still to badly injured to go back to school.

"Don't worry Yugi." Tea said softly placing her hand on his shoulder. "Joey will be back to his normal self in a little while." Yugi nodded his head. *I hope you're right.*

Tristan ran into the classroom just as the bell rang, trailing him was Joey. The two took their seats. Yugi smiled, he was relieved that Joey was all right. The only one missing from the class was Bakura. It hadn't even been an hour before the class was disrupted by Joey mumbling something about a Giant Taco followed by a loud snore.

***

*I really should thank Joey, he's given me a wonderful idea, although I was so damn close to having Yugi's puzzle and Necklace. The god cards aren't a big deal but still...* Yami Bakura lifted a blanket off the top of a box in Bakura's room revealing the Millennium Eye and Rod. Disgusted he through the blanket back over the box. "Wheeler will pay for what he's done!"

***

Tea, Tristan, Joey, and Yugi stood on Joey's front porch watching Serenity and one of her friends duel, well Tea, Tristan and Joey anyway. Yugi had his mind on other things and seamed to be in a completely different world.

"Earth to Yugi!" Joey lightly punched him in his shoulder. "You here or in la la land?" Yugi laughed. "I think I'm in both."

"Yugi...Yugi!" They her Mokuba's cries as he ran up Joey's driveway.

"What is it?" Yugi placed his hand on Mokuba's shoulder.

"It's Seto...Bakura broke into his house and demanded Seto to duel him. He said if Seto didn't duel then he'd send us both to the shadow realm! He also stole two of Seto's Blue Eyes. I managed to get away but Seto is loosing the duel.

"So much for Yami Bakura keeping his promise. That backstabbing idiot! Joey said as he thought back to the promise Yami Bakura had made to him.

"Come on we have to help Kaiba!" Yugi said as he followed Mokuba.

Kaiba wiped the blood from his face and looked at Yami Bakura. At that moment Yami Yugi, Joey, and Mokuba ran into the cloud of the Shadow Realm. Neither Kaiba nor Yami Bakura noticed.

"You break into my house, Steal two of my Blue eyes, Captured my brother, then forced me into a stinking duel! What do you want from me!?" Kaiba demanded.

"I want your last Blue Eyes and I was hoping your brother would flee and bring Yugi here." Bakura looked at Yami. "Looks like I got my wish."

Kaiba also looked towards Yami. "Yugi?" He shook his head then looked back at his cards. *300 measly life points left, I'm standing up against me Blue eyes, and the strongest damn card in my hand is Sword stalker.* He drew his next card. Kaiba clenched his teeth. "I'll play this face down in defence mode and end my turn."

"You sound disappointed Kaiba. I play another letter of the destiny board and I'll have your precious Blue Eyes attack your defence monster. The blast destroyed Kaiba's defence monster, Saggi the Dark Clown, and the impact knocked his to the ground.

"Yami there must be something we can do to help him." Yugi said.

"All we can do is cheer Kaiba on." Yami replied. Kaiba drew his last card and looked not only disappointed but there was also a look of fear in his eyes. "There's nothing I can do." Kaiba laid a monster in defence mode and ended his turn. Yami Bakura laughed. He turned and looked at Yami. "I'll make you one final deal Kaiba...If Yugi hands over his puzzle I'll not only give you back your two Blue Eyes but also let all of you go free, except Yugi of course. What do you say?" Yami looked at Bakura as if he knew what Kaiba was going to say. "Oh and if Yugi doesn't argue with me about this I'll also let Yugi's little friends go unharmed.

"Leave them out of this! Your problem is with me not my friends!" Yami yelled to Bakura

"So Kaiba what's your decision?" Bakura taped his fingers on his duel disk. "This battle was between you and I, it had nothing to do with Yugi or his friends..." Yugi looked up at Kaiba confused. "Here's my end of the deal, you can send me to the shadow realm if you release Mokuba, Yugi, and his friends.

Yugi, Joey, and Mokuba were shocked. *Is this really Seto Kaiba talking?* Yugi wondered Joey and Mokuba were thinking the same thing. Yami looked up at Bakura, he seamed to be struggling with himself to make a decision. "Fine, I accept your offer. My shadow magic could use some more power."

"Bakura stop this! Leave Kaiba out of this."

"Shut your mouth Yugi!"

"If you want my puzzle then duel me but leave my friends alone!"

Yami Bakura looked at Kaiba. "Seto Kaiba you've got yourself a deal!" Kaiba's soulless body dropped to the ground.

"Kaiba! Joey and Yami yelled" "Seto!" Mokuba ran over to his brother followed by Yami and Joey. I swear you'll pay for this Bakura!" Tears dripped down Mokuba's cheeks then he handed Yugi Kaiba's third Blue Eyes. "Yugi you have to win against Bakura... Bring my brother back. Use his Blue Eyes to help." Yugi nodded his head and accepted the card. "I promise you Mokuba that I will do everything that's within my power to stop him."

Chapter 7. Tea's loss

"Kaiba!" Yugi shot up in his bed breathing heavily. He dropped back down. What had happened that day was still fresh in his mind. *Why did Kaiba help me?* That question continued to run through his head. He looked out his window.

"Is something wrong Yugi?" Yami asked concerned.

"I can't stop thinking about what happened today. Kaiba risked his life for me... It just isn't his way. Also Bakura could have said no to Kaiba's deal, he would of had the puzzle." Yugi opened a drawer on his nightstand. He picked up his god cards and his millennium necklace. Suddenly he saw Tea leaving the restaurant she worked at, Bakura approached her and challenged her to a duel. Next he saw Her lying on a stretcher. He dropped the necklace, quickly through on a jacket and put the millennium puzzle around his neck.

"What did you see?" Yami asked.

"Tea's in trouble, we have to find her before Bakura does." He allowed Yami to take over and they quietly, so not to wake his Grandpa, snuck out.

***

"I swear I'm going to quit this job. Just because the cleaning staff is on vacation doesn't mean I should have to clean up the stinkin' restaurant." Tea locked the door behind her.

"Oh Tea stop complaining. It's a little extra cash." Tony lit a cigarette. "Want one?"

"Very funny, you know I don't smoke."

"Oh yes your too good for cigs."

"You're right I am." The two began to laugh. "And you should be too. Have you ever though about quitting?"

"Na, I'm hoping this'll kill me a bit faster. C ya later Tea."

"C ya Tony." They went their separate ways.

Tea looked at her watch. "Is it really 12:30 already." She yawned.

"Hello Tea." She heard Bakura's friendly voice say.

"Oh hi Bakura. What are you doing out so late."

"Just taking a walk I guess. Tea would you like to have a quick duel?"

"With the way you've been duelling lately I think I'll pass." The spirit of the Ring took over Bakura.

"Don't you like my duelling?" He chuckled as the Black Cloud of the Shadow Realm surrounded them.

***

Yami arrived just to see people lay Tea on a stretcher and put her in the ambulance.

*Were too late...* Yami walked over the crowd of people surrounding the ambulance. He shoved his way through to see Tea. *We better get back and call Joey and Tristan and tell them what happened.* Yugi took back over and they headed home.

Chapter 8. Three down.

Joey sat in his seat cracking his knuckles; he was waiting for Yugi to show up at school. The bell had rung five minutes ago and Joey was beginning to wonder if maybe Bakura had stopped Yugi on his way there. Yugi walked in the classroom breathing heavily and took his seat.

"Where you been bud? You're never late for school." Joey whispered to Yugi.

"I was up all night then dozed of this morning." Yugi scratched the back of his neck and noticed that he wasn't wearing his millennium puzzle. He slammed his face down on his desk. "Shoot!" He said quietly to himself then turned around. "Joey have you seen Bakura yet today?"

"Na he never showed up for school. He's lucky he didn't cause I swear I'm gonna..."

"Joey, what happened to Tea wasn't his fault."

"Yeah I know but..."

"Joey, Yugi, Tell me, what's so important that it couldn't wait until after class?"

Joey placed his hand on the back of his head and grinned. "Nothing Ma'm."

Their teacher shook her head and went back to the lesson.

Yugi and Joey both left to go to Yugi's Grandpa's game shop.

"Hey Tristan, you comin' with?"

"No, sorry guy's I've gotta run home."

"Alright C ya later then."

"C ya."

*I've got a bad feeling about this...* Yugi thought as he waved to Tristan.

"Somethin' the matter Yug?"

"No it's nothing."

Yugi should have listened to his instincts for that night he was informed that Tristan had been trapped in the shadow realm. Tristan wasn't the only one that night. Yugi herd the phone ring and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Yug..." It was Joey and he sounded as if he was panicking.

"Joey, calm down. What's wrong?"

"Well I was headin home when I saw a crowd of people around an ambulance... Bakura did the same to Mai as he did to Tristan, Tea, and Kaiba."

"What?"

"Anyway I've gotta go." Joey hung up.

*What is Bakura up to?*

Chapter 9. Suicidal attack

It wasn't long before Yugi herd the news of another person being sent to the Shadow Realm by Bakura. This time it was Mokuba. Joey and Yugi met in the restaurant Tea worked at.

"What are we gonna do?" Joey asked.

"I'm not sure."

"Bakura's gotta be stopped."

Yugi was silent for a while.

"Yug do you have any ideas?"

"Yes one..."

"What?"

"Stay away from Bakura."

"Yeah but then we can't help our friends!"

"I don't mean we both stay away, just you. Bakura seams to be striking all of you before he duels me."

Joey shook his head. "Were in this together Yug."

Unfortunately, Joey spoke to soon.

***

"Bakura?" Bakura walked into his house to see is father standing there waiting for him.

"Where have you been? It's been three days!"

"I'm sorry..." Bakura answered. He couldn't understand what his father meant. *Three days? I just went out a few hours ago.* Bakura was completely oblivious to what was going on.

*Fool, I have better things to do then sit here and listen to this screaming.* Bakura herd the spirit of the Ring say to him.

*What better things?*

*Destroying Yugi and getting his millennium items.*

*What!?*

"Bakura answer me. Where have you been!?" The Spirit of the Ring then took over Bakura.

"It's none of your concern, now prepare for a long trip old man."

"What are you talking about." Without answering he sent Bakura's father to the Shadow Realm.

*NO! What have you done!?* He felt Bakura fighting him. Bakura clenched his hands against his head and fell to his knees.

"You bloody fool what have you done!?" He cried. Joey, who had been walking past Bakura's house at the time, heard Bakura's screams and ran up to his house to see what was going on. The door was open so he walked right in.

"Bakura!" He ran over to him and knelt down beside him.

"Are you alright?" He looked up to see Bakura's father lying on the floor.

"Yes I'm fine but you're not." Bakura began to laugh.

"Bakura?"

He didn't even challenge him to a duel. Bakura sent Joey's mind straight to the Shadow Realm.

***

Yugi slammed his fists against the wall. He couldn't believe it, first Kaiba, then Tea, Tristan, Mai, Mokuba, and now Joey. "It's not right! Who is he to mess with my friends? Darn it!" He shook his head, got dressed, and left for school.

Yugi sat in his seat and placed his face in his hands.

"Hey Bakura Where've you been?" He heard one of his classmates say. He lifted his head to look. Bakura approached him.

"Yugi I am so sorry. I don't know what the Spirit of the Ring has planned. I tried to ditch the Ring last night but he won't let me."

Yugi didn't answer, he didn't know whether to trust Bakura or not.

It was the end of the day and the only ones left in the building were himself and maybe a teacher or two. He looked at himself in the mirror in the bathroom.

"I've harmed so many. It's because of me that all of Yugi's friends are in the Shadow Realm. I'm so sick of this Spirit taking over my body!" He placed his backpack on the table and unzipped it. "Maybe it would be best if I was no longer in the picture. The Spirit of the Ring would no longer have a body to hide in." He reached his hand into his bag. "I hate myself for what I've done..." He pulled a knife out and placed it to his wrist.

*Bakura don't do this!* The Spirit yelled. Bakura ignored and he began to cut his wrist, there was nothing the Spirit could do. The blood spilled from his arm and he closed his eyes. It would be far easier to do it if he was not looking. The pain was worse then he had anticipated. He laid the knife to his other wrist and closed his eyes once again. Just as he began he felt someone's hand grab his arm.

"Bakura don't do this! It's not worth it!" Bakura turned his head to see a blurry figure standing beside him.

"Yu...gi?" Bakura dropped to the floor.

Chapter 10. The Fateful Night

Yugi couldn't sleep that night, not with everything that had happened.

*Yami what are we supposed to do?*

*What do you mean?

*Well, I know the Spirit will be after us but if we duel him we may end up harming Bakura.*

*No matter what the cost we must stop him. Think of what he's done to everyone, think of what he could do.*

*Yes but... there must be a way to stop him without harming Bakura. There just has to be.* Yugi snuck out of his house to go for a short walk to get his mind of things.

***

Bakura awoke in the middle of the night to fins himself in a hospital bed. He laid his hand on his forehead. "Where am I and what...what happened?"

*You're stuck in the damn hospital after nearly killing yourself! Tell me, what was the purpose of that?*

*To stop harming everyone. It was because of you I did it.*

*Because of me? Without me you would be nothing Bakura, don't try to shut me out. I've made you powerful.*

*Yes you've made me powerful, a powerful killer!* Bakura griped his hair.

"Just get out of my head!" He ripped the ring of his neck and tried to through it out the window but was stopped by the spirit who took over his body.

"You're far to weak to fight me. This is my chance to fight Yugi and win his Puzzle!"

***

"Yugi!" Yugi herd a familiar voice call his name. This was the voice of the one man he could truly say he was jealous of. He shuddered to hear his voice. Just the thought of that dreadful day, the day that 19 year old tall man with short brown hair and shimmering blue eyes, showed up and asked Tea to be his girlfriend before Yugi ever said a word to Tea about how he felt about her. Yugi wondered that day if he would ever have the chance or the guts to ask Tea out. The sound of Tony's voice always brought that memory back to Yugi but even though he was jealous he never said a word to anyone about it nor did he act it.

"Yugi I'm glad I found you, Bakura really needs anger management or somethin cause he just left a shitload of doctors unconscious at the hospital."

"You mean he's out!?"

"Yeah he muttered something about a millennium puzzle as well. Any idea what's going on?" Tony had never heard of the millennium items before. He didn't know that Yugi and Bakura both owned one. He had always thought that Yugi just thought it was cool to wear an upside down pyramid on his neck.

"Yes I think I do." Tony lit a cigarette and the two walked for a little while. Tony explained all that had happened, the question finally came up.

"So what's this Millennium puzzle? Do you know?" Yugi held up his puzzle.

"Oh, so then Bakura's after you?"

"It's not Bakura who's after me, it's the spirit of his Millennium Ring."

"Huh?" Tony was completely confused.

"Hey is that..."

"Bakura!" Bakura was leaning against a wall, clutching his injured wrist.

"Are you all right?" Yugi asked

"Yugi stay away from him!" Tony cried out as he stepped back.

"Bakura..." A sharp pain struck the side of his neck; he fell to his knees and held his neck. He took his hand away and looked at the blood he then looked at Yami Bakura holding a bloody knife, scowling.

"Yugi!" Tony ran to his side. Yugi allowed Yami to take over but because of the loss of blood, he passed out.

Chapter 11. The Pharaoh's Return

Yugi awoke to find himself in an ancient Egyptian chamber. He stood up and looked at the scripture on the wall. His neck still throbbed in pain but was no longer bleeding.

*Yami, what is it?*

"This all seams so familiar... I know I've seen it before. Could it be...?"

Yami Bakura stood in the hallway watching Yami, he snuck in behind him and stood on a stone box that was sitting in the middle of the floor. Yami didn't notice he was too interested in the scripture he saw.

"Look familiar Yugi?" Yami turned to see Yami Bakura.

"Welcome to the Pharaoh's Tomb." Yami couldn't believe what The Spirit told him it was hard form him to believe that inside that stone box lay his original body.

"Of course this is just an image created by the Shadow Realm."

"Why did you bring me here?"

"I have my reasons. So Yugi are you ready to duel me?" He through Yami a duel disk.

"Let's duel!"

The two drew their cards. The Spirit of the Ring was hoping that bringing Yugi here would cause him to be distracted during the duel.

"Oh I must tell you Yugi, There are two different rules in this game. There is no longer a need to sacrifice monsters to summon stronger ones and certain cards you play will not obey you. Best be careful. Are life points will still set at 4000."

The duel began with Yugi playing Kuriboh in defence mode and lying one card face down.

Chapter 12. The Outcome

The life points were now 750 (Yugi) to 1500 (Bakura). , Yami and Yami Bakura had a Blue eye's on the field, it was Yami Bakura's turn, he drew the magic card brain control.

"I'll play my second blue eyes and Brain Control to seize control of your blue eyes. Next I'll use polymerization to combine the three creating the Blue eyes Ultimate Dragon! Blue eyes attack Yugi's Life Points directly!"

"Did you forget my face down card? Spellbinding Circle, it ensnares your ultimate Dragon!"

"Lucky break Yugi."

Yugi drew the Winged Dragon of Ra. *This card will win me the duel but...* "I play this card face down and summon The Winged Dragon of Ra! Attack his Ultimate..." He was cut off by Bakura's voice.

"Yugi stop your attack!"

"Quite you fool!" The spirit took control of Bakura once again. "It's to late anyway he's called his attack!" Yami looked confused then he saw the Winged Dragon Turn on him and begin to fire its attack. "Ha, This duel is over. I told you certain cards would not obey. The God cards had no masters 5000 years ago therefore they will not obey, instead they turn on their summoner!" He laughed as Ra attacked but Ra somehow disappeared off the field.

"I had a feeling it was the God cards that wouldn't obey, so I placed The Monster Recovery card on the field." Yami said as he shuffled his deck and drew five new cards. He then reviled another face down card he had on the field.

"Swords of revealing light!"

Bakura drew the Red Eyes Black Dragon; he now had all of Yugi's friend's cards in his hand. Mai's Harpy Lady, Tea's Magician of Faith, Tristan's Cyber Commander, and Joey's Red Eye's. He laid the Red eyes in attack mode and ended his turn.

The three turns were up and Bakura had all of Yugi's friend's monsters on the field. Yugi had the dark Magician powered up by The Book of Secret Arts.

"I'll lay one last card face down and end my turn." Yami said, strangely calm.

"You make it sound like you've won this duel."

"I have."

"We'll see." Bakura drew. "I play the Magic card Remove Trap to free my Ultimate Dragon. Blue Eyes attack Yugi's Dark Magician!"

"That's just the move I was counting on!"

"What!?"

"Take a look at your Ultimate Dragon." The Blue Eyes had turned around facing Bakura as well as the rest of his monsters. "Like you said not all monsters will Obey."

"What's going on?"

"Once you played Remove trap and freed the Ultimate Dragon all of my friends favorite Monsters and my Dark Magician were reunited. Friendship is far stronger then any tricks you have. I don't even have to attack to win this duel for you have no more moves."

"No! I don't believe this. How could I lose? No...No this can't be!"

"Bakura it's time for your mind to be freed! Spirit of the Ring, now you can know what it's like for my friends!" Yami sent The Spirit to the shadow realm, let Yugi take over, and ran to his friend's side.

Chapter 13. Reawakening

Joey, Tea, Tristan, Kaiba, Mai, and Mokuba all woke up simultaneously. Kaiba jumped out of the bed and left the room. The only thing he cared about was seeing Mokuba who, at that very same moment, meet with his brother in the hall.

"Seto!"

"Mokuba!" The two brothers gave each other a friendly hug. "Mokuba what happened?"

"I'm not sure all I know is Bakura went totally crazy, soon after you were sent to the Shadow Realm Yugi's friends were and I was too."

"Are you all right?"

"I'm fine."

"Do you have my third blue eyes?"

"I lent it... to Yugi."

"You What!?"

"Sorry Seto but I thought he might need it to bring you back."

Kaiba just shook his head. "Come on let's get out of this place."

Mokuba nodded in agreement and the two went down to the main entrance. Kaiba wanted to know exactly what had happened and a small part of him wanted to make sure that everyone was all right.

Tea looked down at the end of the bed to see Tony asleep half on a chair, half on the bed. Tea wished that it were Yugi there instead. She liked Tony, she really did, but not like she liked Yugi. Tony just wasn't the right one but for the moment she wouldn't tell him. She nudged his shoulder.

"Tony wake up."

"Huh... What?... Tea! You're awake."

Tea nodded

"Tea I don't want to worry you but I think Yugi may be in danger." He told her what he had seen and the two of them joined their friends in the main entrance.

***

Bakura and Yugi both started towards the hospital to check on their friends. Bakura took one last look at his Millennium Ring and through it in the trash.

"Yugi I can't face them, not after what I've done."

"But it wasn't..."

"I know it wasn't my fault but still."

"All right I'll see ya later then."

Bakura and Yugi took their separate ways but as soon as Yugi was gone Bakura walked back to the trashcan and retrieved his Ring.

Yugi walked in the doors to see everyone huddled in a corner. He walked up to them.

"Would you guys like your cards back?" He said holding out their cards.

"Yugi!" Every one of them said at the same time.

"I can't believe it..." Tony looked confused.

Yugi smiled. "Is every one all right?"

"Yeah were fine, what about you? Tony told us what happened." Joey said as he picked up his Red Eyes followed by everyone else.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just a scratch. Kaiba there's something I wanted to ask you... Why'd you risk your life to save mine?"

Kaiba new this question was coming. "It was my duel, it had nothing to do with you. Just consider it payback for the few times you've helped me." He walked away followed by Mokuba.

"He'll never change." Joey said. "Now Yug you have to tell us what happened."