Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Power of Love ❯ The Abused Slaves ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Things had returned to normal for a little while in the southern kingdom. But good things don't always stick around no matter how much you want it. The servant Pomidaeus was actually a spy from the northern kingdom, waiting for the right opportunity to take out Yami permanently. She almost succeeded, but an angel of Ra merged with Yami. Now Yami is an angel of both light and shadow.
' is thoughts






Chapter 3: The Abused Slaves

Seven years have passed since Pomidaeus's attempt to assassinate Yami. Pomidaeus almost succeeded in killing Yami, but an angel of Ra merged with Yami. That action not only saved Yami's life, but it also made him and invincible immortal. Now, Yugi really had the best source of protection, his father.
Speaking of Pomidaeus, she was still in the palace dungeon. Even after seven years of being a prisoner, she still didn't learn anything. She had killed some of the guards in attempt to escape, but Seth had stopped her chance of escape short by summoning the Shadow Realm. Seth was in charge of making sure that no prisoner escaped. None had ever escaped during Yami's rule, and Seth would make sure that none did.
Yugi was now 8-years old. He also now had Shadow Magic in him. Since his near death experience when he was a year old, Yami, his advisors, Mystio and Mystia had made sure that Yugi learned Shadow Magic. Yugi started learning Shadow Magic at age 5. Yami and the others made sure to do it slowly of course. They decided to take it in levels. When Yugi got comfortable with one level, then he moved to the next.
Yami had taken it upon himself to train Yugi to summon Shadow Monsters. That way, Yugi could have someone to protect him when his father or advisors wouldn't be able to. Yugi had learned pretty quickly. How quickly Yugi learned it even surprised Yami, and many things don't surprise Yami. So Yugi's quick learning in this area was a huge accomplishment, and Yami was very proud.
"You are doing very well in your Shadow Magic training my son. I'm very proud of you," Yami said.
"Thanks daddy. I never thought that it would be this easy," Yugi said.
"Actually, it's not easy at all Yugi. Except for me and you, everyone who has Shadow Magic now had a very difficult time learning it," Yami said.
"It was easy for you too?" Yugi asked.
"Yes it was," a new voice responded.
Yami and Yugi looked to see Bakura. They smiled at him.
"How are you today?" Yami asked.
"Fine thank you," Bakura said smiling. "The others and I always said that Yami had a knack for things. Learning Shadow Magic and how good he is at Shadow Games proved that. Like him, you're a quick learner Yugi. You're learning Shadow Magic just like he did when he was 5-years old."
"You were only 5 when you learned Shadow Magic?" Yugi asked his father.
"Yes Yugi, I was only 5. I had a similar experience as you did when I was a year old. I wanted to spend some time with my father, but he was in the throne room. Like you, I didn't know that the power of the Shadow Realm radiated through the room. I too almost died in the throne room. So my father decided to train me in the art of Shadow Magic like I decided to do with you," Yami responded.
"Can we go flying daddy?" Yugi asked.
Yami smiled. "Sure Yugi. Let's go," he said. He and Yugi walked outside before he picked Yugi up. Then he spread his wings and flew off into the bright sky. He was soon over the kingdom.
Yugi loved flying with his father. Whenever Yami wasn't busy, he always took his son flying. If he was busy, then Drago took Yugi flying. Yugi just looked down over the now tiny kingdom due to how high in the air that he and his father were.
"I always love when we do this," Yugi said.
"I do too my son. All you have to do is ask. If I'm not busy, then I will take you flying. You can also summon my Shadow Monsters," Yami said.
Meanwhile in another area of the kingdom, there was a slave camp. Although in saying this, the slave masters at this camp were very friendly people for the most part. There were a few that tried to be "Mr. or Ms. Superior", but the others respected their slaves. The slaves in turn respected the slave masters.
However, there were three unfortunate slaves who had conceited slave masters. These three slaves were Joey, Malik and Ryou. They were abused almost constantly. They did their chores the best they could, but it always wasn't good enough to their slave masters. The other slaves and slave masters don't even know how Joey, Malik and Ryou manage to put up with their slave masters. Joey was 14 and so was Malik. Ryou was only a year younger at 13. They had been slaves since they were only 5-years old.
"You think that our slave masters will ever respect us?" Ryou asked.
"As conceited as they are, I'd be surprised if they do. No matter what we do, it's not good enough for them. Even trying to escape didn't do us people for who they always found us. I hope that somethone who respects people for who they are will buy us. I don't know how much more of this I can take now," Joey responded.
Then Joey, Malik and Ryou felt whips tear into their backs. They screamed out in pain as the whips tore into their skin more times. The whips stopped at 15, meaning that they each got 15 lashes.
"Maybe that well teach you that we are your superiors. Don't even think about escaping again. We always find you, and your death will be assured if you try to escape again," a very dark-skinned slave master said. His name was Lortheus.
"The other slave masters may respect you, but you aren't under their supervision," a tan-skinned slave master said. His name was Portheus.
"If you were to do the job the way we want it, maybe we would respect you," a light-skinned slave master said. His name was Mortheus.
Meanwhile, Yami flew on through the air. He was coming up on the slave camp and decided to see how the slaves were doing. He slowly descended on the camp.
"Why are we landing?" Yugi asked.
"I want to see how the slaves are faring up. Not all the slave masters are friendly. If I see evidence of slave abuse, then I bring those slaves to the palace," Yami responded.
"You can do that?" Yugi asked incredulously.
"Yes Yugi. Before my father, the pharaoh or official had to pay to remove the slaves from the camp even if the slaves had signs of abuse. When my father took power, he changed that," Yami responded. He soon landed on the camp.
One of the friendly slave masters was surprised upon Yami's sudden visit. "Greetings my pharaoh, it's a surprise to see you here," he said.
"I was just taking my son flying. We came across this area so I decided to stop by. How are all the slaves doing? Are there any that have been abused?" Yami said.
"All the slaves except three are doing just fine. I feel sorry for those three poor slaves," the slave master said.
"Who are these slaves?" Yugi asked.
"Their names are Joey, Malik and Ryou. They have been abused for no reason. I'm amazed that they've been able to put up with Lortheus, Mortheus and Portheus for this long," the slave master responded.
"How long have they been slaves?" Yami asked.
"Since they were 5-years old," the slave master responded.
Yami's blood boiled upon hearing that. Abusing slaves for that long for no reason was highly unacceptable. He would be sure to take those slaves to his palace. He placed Yugi down, and they went further inside the camp. They decided to split up since the camp was pretty big. But Yami didn't worry about Yugi too much. Yugi knew how to defend himself when in danger.
Yugi soon came across a dark room. 'I wonder what's in there,' he thought. He went into the room to find it as dark as a tomb. 'A little magic will brighten things up,' he thought as his hand glowed a golden-colored light. He explored the room with his now lit hand. He wished that he didn't light up the room because there was dry and wet blood all over the floor and walls.
Yugi followed the trail to find the source of the blood. The blood came from three boys. The boys were currently resting. Yugi looked over them and gasped in horror. He saw the whip marks all over the boys' bodies. He couldn't understand why someone would do something this horrible for no reason.
'I better find daddy. He'll want to see this,' Yugi thought. He whipped around when he heard the door creak open. He knew that he had no time to teleport or hide.
Portheus, Mortheus and Lortheus came in the door to see someone else there.
"Who are you and why are you in here?" Portheus asked.
"That is none of your concern," Yugi responded authoritatively.
"What makes you think that you can talk to us like that?" Lortheus asked.
"You might be a slave master, but I am a lot higher in rank than you are," Yugi responded.
"And what rank might that be?" Mortheus asked.
"He's my son," a deep voice responded.
Lortheus, Mortheus and Portheus looked back and saw Yami standing at the door. Yami did not look happy upon seeing the three boys on the floor.
"Nice of you to join us daddy," Yugi said.
"Please mighty pharaoh. Let us explain," Portheus said bowing.
"I don't need to hear an explanation. One of the other slave masters told me what you do. You know that I don't accept hearing about slaves being abused for no reason. And to do it since they were only 5 is totally unaccpetable. From this day forward, you are no longer slave masters," Yami said before snapping his fingers, sending them to the dungeon. He then looked at the three wounded slaves. "Joey, Ryou and Malik will be coming with me," he added. He walked over to them and healed them using his light powers.
Joey, Malik and Ryou regained consciousness and sat up. They were very nervous upon seeing Yami.
"Don't worry. You three are safe now. You will be coming with me to my palace. You'll be respected there," Yami said.
Joey, Malik and Ryou were overjoyed upon hearing that. They would now be under people who would respect them. Yami led them out of the camp and summoned Drago. Joey, Malik and Ryou got about Drago's back, and Yami picked up Yugi. Then Yami and Drago flew back to the palace.
"You're going to love being in the palace," Yugi said.
"We're just glad to be away from our slave masters. It was like going through hell and back with them. I'm Malik by the way," the tanned boy said.
"I'm Joey, and the white-haired boy here is Ryou," the blonde one said.
"My name is Yugi, and this is my father Yami," Yugi said.
"It's a pleasure to meet you prince, pharaoh," Ryou said.
"Please, just Yugi will do. I really don't like the formality bit," Yugi said.
"I don't either. Just call me Yami," Yami agreed.
Joey, Ryou and Malik were shocked to say the least. They wouldn't have believed it if not for hearing it with their own ears. Yugi and Yami preferred to be called by their names. That was pretty unusual for royalty. But then the three slaves smiled.
"All right Yami, Yugi," Malik said.
Yugi took a closer look at Ryou and Malik. "Daddy, isn't it incredible how Ryou and Malik look like Bakura and Marik?" he asked.
"I know. The resemblance is almost uncanny," Yami responded.
A little while later, Drago and Yami landed at the palace. Yami put Yugi down, and Joey, Ryou and Malik dismounted Drago. Drago returned to the Shadow Realm, waiting for when he would be needed again. Yami and Yugi led the three slaves inside the palace. Joey, Ryou and Malik were amazed to say the least. They felt like they had just entered a paradise. The sun glinting off of the golden kingdom was incredibly beautiful.
"Did I die and go ta heaven?" Joey asked.
"I know what you mean. This place is amazing," Ryou and Malik said together.
Just then, Seth and Bakura came out of the palace. Bakura and Seth gasped upon seeing Ryou. Ryou, Joey and Malik gasped upon seeing Bakura.
"You look like me," Ryou and Bakura chorused together.
Bakura came up to an arm's length of Ryou and looked him over more closely. He and Ryou could see the small differences. Bakura's eyes looked sharper than Ryou's. Ryou's hair wasn't as spiky as Bakura's was.
"My name is Ryou sir," Ryou said bowing.
"My name is Bakura. You don't have to be formal with me. I never did like that because it made me look like "Mr. Superior". I'm trying to steer clear of that," Bakura said.
"Okay Bakura," Ryou said smiling.
Just then, Marik and Isis came out. Malik and Marik gasped upon seeing each other. So did Seth, Ryou, Bakura and Joey.
"You look just like me," Malik and Marik chorused together.
It was true. Malik and Marik could've easily been mistaken for identical twins. The only thing telling them apart was the difference in clothing.
"My name is Malik," Malik said.
"You can call me Marik. This is my sister Isis," Marik said.
"Pleased to meet you. And who is this young one that look like you Bakura?" Isis said.
"This is Ryou," Bakura responded.
"My name is Seth. Who are you?" Seth asked the blonde boy.
"My name is Joey," Joey responded.
"Are Joey, Malik and Ryou slaves?" Isis asked.
"Yes they are. I brought them here because a slave master told me that their slave masters abused them for no reason. What's even more unacceptable is that they were abused since they were only 5-years old," Yami responded.
The others gasped upon hearing that.
"Where are those jerk slave masters?" Bakura asked angrily.
"I put them in the dungeon," Yami responded. "It will be a long time until they come out."
"So what are we to do now?" Malik asked.
"Do you want to work as personal servants?" Seth asked.
"As long as it's to you, Marik or Bakura," Ryou responded.
"Very well then. Ryou, you will be Bakura's personal servant. Malik goes to Marik, and Joey will be Seth's personal servant. Bakura, Marik, Seth, will you take these three into the palace and get them changed out of their blood-stained clothes?" Yami said.
Bakura, Seth and Marik nodded, and they led Joey, Ryou and Malik into the palace. This was the start of a new life for Joey, Ryou and Malik. They had been mistreated for most of their lives, but now things would start to get better for them. But unknown to anyone, Pharaoh Rameus himself was nearby.
'If I'm to take over this kingdom, I'll have to get Yami and his little son out of the way. They stand between my conquest, and me,' Rameus thought. Fortunately, he didn't know that an angel had merged with Yami yet.
The peace would soon be over for Yami and the others. Rameus returned to the northern kingdom. The need to protect Yugi would soon shoot through the roof. Rameus was now busy plotting his next attack on the southern kingdom. He wanted to kill Yami and Yugi in this attack.
'You just spent your last day in the sun Yami. For tomorrow morning, I attack. This time, you and your precious son will perish, and I will take control of your kingdom,' Rameus thought.



Well, here's the next chapter of this story. Preview for Chapter 4: The Second Attack: Rameus strikes the southern kingdom again but with more force than the last time. But Yami is away helping out a kingdom in Rome. Will the southern kingdom of Egypt hold out with Yami in Rome? Or will Rameus be successful? You'll have to keep reading to find out.

As I mentioned in another story, this is one of two chapters to two different stories. The first chapter to my new Digimon story will definitely come tomorrow. I will be really getting ready to go to Vegas with my parents on Friday, and I want to only be focused with preparing for the trip because we leave early Saturday morning. I'm really excited because I can gamble now that I'm 21.