Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Power of Love ❯ The Miracle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: The southern kingdom of Egypt rejoiced in the birth of Prince Yugi. But an attack cut the celebration short. Nina died as a human shield for her infant son. It was a sad moment, but everything was rebuilt and life moved on. Yugi wandered off from Mystio and Mystia and into the throne room. If not for his father Yami, Yugi would've died in the throne room because the Shadow Realm's power reinforced the room.
' is thoughts






Chapter 2: The Miracle

The night was peaceful for the people in the southern kingdom. No one had tried to make trouble during the middle of the night. The next morning, everyone awakened to the new and very beautiful day. In Yami's room, Yami awakened first. He got out of bed and stretched.
"Come on Yugi. It's time to get up," Yami said.
Yugi slowly opened his eyes and sat up. He giggled when he saw his father and stretched his little arms out. "Dada, I want uppie," he said.
Yami smiled at his son. "All right then," he said before picking his son up. "Well, we need to get washed up."
"I know. Piddy back wide, piddy back wide," Yugi said happily.
Yami chuckled a little bit. Yugi still couldn't pronounce some words properly, but Yami knew that Yugi would be able to pronounce them in due time. He placed Yugi on his back, making sure he had a firm grip on Yugi's arms. Yugi held onto Yami's neck, and Yami let go of Yugi's arms to now hold onto Yugi's legs.
"Let's go," Yami said. He made his way down the long hallway to the washroom. When he arrived, his and Yugi's clothes were waiting for them. He also saw that the water had been drawn, ready to wash in. He kneeled down so Yugi would have only a short jump. "All right Yugi, time to get off," he said.
Yugi jumped off his father's back and got undressed. Yami also got undressed. If a woman just happened to walk by, she would have swooned. Yami looked like he could've actually been a god. His body was tanned and muscular, but lean. And if you looked deeply into his eyes, you could see a strong sense of power and authority as well as a strong sense of love, trust, wisdom and respect.
Yami went over to the bath pool and descended the steps and into the warm water. "Come on in Yugi. The water's fine," he said.
Yugi on the other hand looked pretty skeptical. He was afraid of drowning since he didn't know how to swim yet. Yami saw his son's look and understood right away.
"Don't worry Yugi. I won't let you drown. I'll hold you up," Yami said.
"Otay," Yugi said. He made his way over to the bath pool, and Yami picked him up.
Yami brought Yugi into the water, making sure that Yugi''s head was above the water. He washed Yugi first. After washing Yugi up, he placed Yugi out of the water and told him to dry off with a towel. Then Yami washed up and dried off when he was done. They got dressed and left the washroom.
"Let's head to the banquet hall," Yami said.
"Otay!" Yugi said happily. He ran ahead of his father.
Yami smiled and laughed to himself. 'I'm surprised that Yugi can run better than he can walk(A/N: My parents told me that this was the same case with me when I was a year old. I could run before I could walk),' he thought. He then ran to catch up to his son. He soon caught up to Yugi and scooped Yugi up. "Whoa, what's your hurry?" he asked, continuing his way to the banquet hall.
When they arrived, the advisors were already in the room eating. Yami put Yugi down and sat next to Seth. Yugi ran over to Yami and held his arms up. Yami smiled and picked Yugi up. Yugi wasn't tall enough to reach the chairs so Yami put Yugi in the chair next to him. Then they ate as well. Yami saw that something was troubling Marik.
"What's bothering you Marik?" Yami asked.
"I just can't shake the feeling that there's a traitor in the kingdom," Marik responded.
"It's highly possible. We'll just have to be on our guard," Bakura said.
"But who do you think could be the traitor? It can't be one of us," Seth said.
"I don't know. It could be one of the other officials. It could even be one of the servants. But I would never betray this kingdom for anything," Marik said.
"I wouldn't either," Seth said.
"Neither would we," Isis, Bakura and Shaadi added.
Marik didn't know that he was really onto something. He was right about his feeling. He and the others would soon find out that there was a traitor in the kingdom. The traitor was living in the palace, posing as one of the servants. This person's name was Pomidaeus, and she was a spy sent from the northern kingdom.
After the attack on the southern kingdom, Rameus had Pomidaeus got to the palace. Her instructions were to become one of the servants, blend in with them, and to kill Yami when the right opportunity came. Choosing for her to be one of the servants really kept her from her true mission, which was to kill Yami. That was because she wasn't assigned to be Yami's servant, but Seth's.
But Pomidaeus was very patient for a spy. She knew that all good things came to those who wait. She would wait as long as needed for the opportunity to arise. She guessed that Marik would have a feeling about a traitor so she lay as low as she could so Marik wouldn't suspect it was she.
She had gotten along with the other servants quite well. But the others had no idea that she was really a spy from the northern kingdom. She was always taught to gain an enemy's trust before striking. That was because the attacks mostly came from enemies posing as friends and then turning on you when the right opportunity arises.
The northern kingdom had done some extensive research. The idea of how to kill Yami was to poison him, but have it be a poison that there was no cure for, and was so strong that even magic couldn't help. After years of research, they finally found one. This was the only poison that didn't have a cure and couldn't be cured by magic. This poison was known as Fatality's Tears because of how fatal and powerful it was. The poison took half an hour to work, but it did its work every time. Every unfortunate person that happened to get it in his/her body always died within half an hour's time.
Pomidaeus had a vial of the poison in her bag. She also had a small dagger in it. She planned to dip the dagger in the vial and then stab Yami in the heart with the poison-covered dagger. 'Your luck will run out Yami. Seth is planning to make me one of your servants. When he does, your life will be over,' she thought wickedly.
She was one of Pharaoh Rameus's most loyal and skillful spies. Rameus had made her one of his advisors in addition to a spy. In other words, she was Rameus's right-hand woman. She swore loyalty only to Rameus. So anyone other than Ramues had to watch his/her back unless Rameus told Pomidaeus to stand down. But she was right about the transfer. Seth and Yami had talked about making Pomidaeus Yami's personal servant. Neither of them knew that that would be a jeopardizing move. Yami's life would be in real danger if Pomidaeus were to become his personal servant.
Speaking of Yami, he and Yugi were out flying around the kingdom on Drago's back. Yugi laughed when Drago did some aerodynamics. Yami made sure to have a good grip on Yugi. Yugi was having a lot of fun riding Drago's back.
"Can we do this moroe pwease?" Yugi asked.
"Of course my son," Yami said.
Meanwhile, the gods had planned on how to prevent Pomidaeus from killing Yami. They had told Mystio and Mystia about Pomidaeus's plans from the start and told them to play along until she struck. They knew the great power of the poison and made it hard to find. Until this point, no one had been able to find it. The gods would not have Yami die so quickly. Yami was their most loyal servant, and they had promised him a long life. They intended to keep that promise. They also knew that Yami would be Yugi's best source of protection.
Time was running out fast because Seth had just told Pomidaeus that she would be Yami's personal servant. This was was just the opportunity she's been waiting for over a year now. Yami would die tonight. she would make sure of it. One thing about her is that she was the master when it came to stealth. She could creep into a room and kill without the person even suspecting it.
It was mid afternoon when Yami and Yugi returned to the palace. Drago had gone back to the Shadow Realm. Yami entered his room to find Pomidaeus there. She sat on his bed awaiting orders while secretly planning her strike.
"Ah Pomidaeus, would you be as kind to fetch some fruit?" Yami asked.
"Yes my pharaoh," Pomidaeus responded. She left and came back with the fruit. She didn't poison any of it because she wanted to kill Yami herself.
Yugi didn't like Pomidaeus and started crying. He could feel that something was very wrong about her. "Make lady go away. Make lady go away," he said while still crying.
"You can leave now," Yami said.
Pomidaeus nodded and left. When out of hearing range, she cursed out loud. 'That annoying little brat. Maybe I'll kill him after I kill his father. I can't have him spill the beans and reveal me,' she thought.
"It's okay Yugi. She's not in here now," Yami said, rocking Yugi gently.
Yugi quieted down and relaxed in his father's embrace. But he felt that something was terribly off with that Pomidaeus lady. Even though he was only a year old, it seemed as though he already knew who was trustworthy and who wasn't. Night came sooner than anyone thought.
Yami had a suspicion that someone would try to something tonight. For safety reasons, he had Yugi sleep with Marik. Yugi had gotten along very well with all of Yami's advisors. Whenever Yami and his Shadow Monsters were busy with something, Yugi would be taken to one of Yami's advisors. Marik was the one with the freest time, so Yugi hung around him a lot.
It was Yami's suspicion that would keep his son safe this night. About three hours later, the whole palace was asleep. Well everyone except Pomidaeus. Pomidaeus quietly snuck down the hall to Yami's room. When she got there, she very slowly opened the door so she wouldn't make any noise.
'It's your time to leave this world Yami. My master will be thrilled to hear about your death,' Pomidaeus thought. She had dipped her dagger in the fatal poison and slowly crept towards Yami. She was soon over him and raised the dagger. She was about to bring it down when something blasted her backwards.
"Oh no you don't Pomidaeus!" a voice shouted.
Pomidaeus looked up to see Mystio standing next to the bed.
"The gods told Mystia and me about your sinister plot from day 1, but told us to play along with your charade," Mystio said.
"You really shouldn't have expected that we would all be clueless about you," a female voice said. Mystia then came out of the shadows.
"I didn't know that it would be you. But I did know that someone would try to assassinate me. I summoned Mystio and Mystia after I put Yugi with one of my advisors," Yami said.
"Oh but I will assassinate you. Soon your kingdom will also belong to my master," Pomidaeus said.
Just then, Seth, Isis and Bakura burst in to the room. They saw Pomidaeus holding a dagger and immediately knew what she intended to do. Pomidaeus got up again, the dagger still in her hand. Bakura then caught a whiff of something in the air.
'That smells like poison. It must be coming from that dagger,' Bakura thought. "Be careful everyone. She dipped her dagger in some kind of poison," he said.
Pomidaeus lunged for Yami this time. Yami quickly rolled out of bed and stood up to evade the dagger. Mystio tried another Dark Magic Attack, but Pomidaeus was ready this time and dodged the attack. Yami snuck into the shadows of his room. He didn't make a sound. Now he had the chance to fight back. He was the best when it came to fighting in the shadows.
Pomidaeus barely got out of the way of a black beam that seemingly came from out of nowhere. But she knew who fired it. "So you've taken to the shadows Yami. I love a good challenge," she said maliciously.
"You won't win this night Pomidaeus. I might go easy on you if you surrender now," he said.
"How foolish you are indeed Yami. I have never lost a fight, and I don't plan on losing one tonight," Pomidaeus said. "You might as well come on out where I can see you because I'll find you anyway."
"We'll see if you can," Yami said. He then summoned the Shadow Realm in his room.
Pomidaeus instantly realized her mistake. She might have been a spy, but she didn't have Shadow Magic. She knew that she had to make this quick or else she would die before killing Yami. "The Shadow Realm won't work this time Yami. I will get you before it gets me," she said.
"It already sounds like it's getting to you. Can you really get to me before you die?" Yami challenged.
Pomidaeus knew Yami was right. He could be anywhere in the darker shadows, and she felt the strain of the Shadow Realm on her. Meanwhile, the others were outside the Shadow Realm's space and could only watch, hope and pray. When Yami summoned the Shadow Realm, his advisors couldn't enter no matter how hard they tried. Yami clearly only wanted himself and the person that posed the threat to be in there.
'I've got to find this guy,' Pomidaeus thought.
'I don't want to kill her. I only hope for her to give up,' Yami thought. "What is your decision going to be?" he asked.
Yami's voice sounded like it came from every direction Pomidaeus couldn't locate it. She was really feeling the strain now, but her king told her that once the Shadow Realm was summoned, it would remain there until there was a winner or the one who summoned it was too weak to sustain it.
'If I could just get this dagger into him, the Shadow Realm will dissipate,' Pomidaeus thought. She then walked around, aware of what was around her. She then saw a dim flash of light. She followed it.
Soon, the light fiercely began to circle around her. She started slashing the dagger around wildly. It was a stroke of sheer luck that she nicked Yami on the arm. She heard the hiss of pain and slashed again. Another hiss of pain came. Then she saw the Realm begin to fade. It faded enough for her to see Yami right in front of her. She smirked and plunged the dagger into his heart.
The others could hear the cry of pain. They immediately knew that it was Yami. When the Shadow Realm completely faded away, they could see Yami lying on the ground with Pomidaeus holding a now bloodied dagger.
"Murderer!" Seth shouted, lunging for Pomidaeus.
Pomidaeus wasn't prepared for the lunge. Seth grabbed her and forced her to drop the dagger. Bakura picked it kup and threw it into the air. Mystio then destroyed it. Pomidaeus made the mistake of bringing her back with her. Bakura quickly went through it and found the vial of poison. He threw that up in the air, and Mystio destroyed that too.
The northern kingdom found the fatal poison, but only made one vial of it, figuring that one vial was all they needed. Now that the poison was destroyed, they would no longer be able to use it. But the damage had been done. The pharaoh of the southern kingdom lay dead on the ground in a pool of his own blood.
"The pharaoh is dead. Now my master will rule upper and lower Egypt," Pomidaeus said smirking.
"That will never happen," a voice said.
Everyone looked up to see a glowing angel. The angel hovered over Yami's dead body. Marik had come into the room after hearing Seth's outburst. The first thing he saw was Yami lying lifeless on the floor. But then he saw the angel over Yami.
"Who are you?" Marik asked.
"I am an angel of Ra. I was sent to help the pharaoh," the angel responded.
"There's nothing you can do," Pomidaeus spat at the angel.
"You're wrong spy of Rameus. One thing to never do is to underestimate the power of the gods," the angel said.
Everyone gasped when the angel said who sent Pomidaeus. Then the angel's light became a little brighter. She closed her eyes as she flew down closer to Yami. Then something very unbelievable happened. The angel merged with Yami. Yami was then encased in the same white light as the angel.
Yugi woke up because the light had reached Marik's room. He went to see what it was about. He saw his dad glowing on the floor and ran to him. "Dada, pwease wake up," Yugi pleaded. He sat next to his father's unmoving body.
Then the body began to lift into the air. The light then got very bright. Everyone had to shield his/her eyes. If not for the light's bright intensity, they would've been able to see Yami's wounds closing. As the wounds closed, the poison in his system dissolved away. Yami then opened his eyes as shining light gray-feathery wings sprouted from his back. Soon the light died down.
Everyone saw Yami and gasped. Yami's wounds were gone and he now had wings. Yami touched down on the ground, and Yugi ran to him.
"Dada, you're alive!" Yugi said, still running to Yami.
Yami smiled and kneeled. Yugi ran right into Yami's open arms and gave Yami a big hug. Yami returned the hug, careful not to squash his son.
"But now can you be alive?" Pomidaeus asked.
Yami ended his hug with Yugi and faced Pomidaeus. "The angel merged with me. Since angels can't get sick, get hurt or die, the poison in me was obliterated. You or anyone won't be able to kill me again because once an angel of Ra, it is permanent," he said. "Your pharaoh's chance of killing my son has just gotten slimmer. Lock her up in the dungeon and throw away the key. If she tries to escape, summon the Shadow Realm until she gives up," he added.
"It would be my pleasure," Seth said. He dragged Pomidaeus off to the dungeon.
"So you're a full angel now?" Isis asked.
"Not exactly Isis. True an angel merged with me, but my Shadow Powers now balanced out her light powers," Yami responded.
"So what would that make you?" Marik asked.
"That would make me an angel of light and shadows," Yami responded.
"Dada's an angel. Dada's an angel," Yugi chanted happily.
"What was that poison anyway?" Bakura asked.
"That was known as Fatality's Tears," the voice of Ra responded. "Before the northern kingdom, it was used for much needless killing. The other gods and I made it hard to find. But when the northern kingdom found it, it made us realize that the real solution was to destroy it. So we destroyed the Fatality's Tears plants so the poison can never be used again," the voice added.
Yami waved his hand, and the blood on the carpet vanished. He picked up Yugi and placed Yugi on the bed. "I think we've had enough excitement for one night. Get some rest everyone," he said.
The others nodded and went back to their chambers. Yami put the sheets over Yugi and sat on the bed next to his son. Being an angel of both light and shadows, just being an angel for that matter would take some getting used to. But Yami knew that he would be able to handle it. The gods had performed the ultimate miracle to save his life, and he would not let that miracle be in vain. He knew that Rameus would really stop at nothing to kill Yugi. But Yami would try his best to always be prepared.


Well, here's the awaited second chapter. I'm very sorry for making you guys wait, but things were pretty busy for me this past month. I've had papers due, tests and finals to take and a speech this past month and a week. But I got out of school on Wednesday the 5th and am out for the summer. So that means faster updates now. I will do my very best to update my stories faster now that I have a lot of time to work on my stories now. Moving right along, preview for Chapter 3: The Abused Slaves: It is absolutely intolerable to abuse slaves in the southern kingdom. But three young slaves recieve a beating everyday for no good reason. Will these three slaves ever get away from their abusive slave masters and to someone who will respect them? You can guess if you want. I'll make sure to congratulate you if you guess who the three abused slaves are correctly.

Oh, and I forgot to mention something at the end of chapter 1. All villains in this story will be OCs. I thought what if all the Yugioh characters were good guys, so that is why all the Yugioh characters in this story will be good guys.