Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Three Duelists ❯ Prelude ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Hello, this is Shorea Tashinnaku. I would like to say that this is my first fanfiction, so please so easy on me.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or the Three Musketeers. If you think I do, then I suggest you should see a doctor to get your brain examine. You know who own it, so don't sue me because I'm poor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

"Oh man, dere goes my weekend plans," Joey complained as he placed his hands behind his head.

It was Friday afternoon and the gang decided to grab some snacks. Usually everyone should be happy about the weekend's coming, but not Joey. Something somehow stopped Joey Wheeler from having fun.

"Don't worry, Joey. I'm sure you'll finish it before tomorrow," said Yugi.

"Easy for you to say. I have to write a five pages book report and I don't have a clue about dat book she assigned," said Joey.

"Well, you wouldn't do it if you weren't fallen asleep." Tristan spoke as he slurped his drink.

"Say what?" Joey shouted as he raised his fist. Yugi grabbed his arm to keep him from fighting.

"Tristan's right. If you pay attention in class, you wouldn't have to do a five pages report. Besides, you had two days to finish it." The tri-color haired boy smiled.

"Maybe, but I was so looking forward to spend time wit my sista. I haven't seen her since Battle City and I can't wait to see her."

"Well, maybe we can help you. I mean how hard can a five page report be?" Téa smiled.

"You really mean it?" Joey jumped out of his seat. It made Joey's spirits up. He couldn't count on anyone except his friends. With his friends' help, maybe his weekend plans with Serenity will go as plan.

"So, what's this book you have to read about?" Yugi questioned.

"Well, it says The Three Musketeers here. So wit yer knowledge, I'm sure we can finish." The blond boy grinned.

However, he saw his friends looking at different directions, trying to hide their disappointments from him. "What?!" Joey shouted.

He couldn't believe it. He had been sticking with his friends through thick and thin. His friends had supported him through his duels and now they bailed him on an English assignment. This made Joey disappointed and low.

"Sorry Joey, but we haven't even read that book," Téa apologized.

"Hey, it's no hard feelings man. I'm sure you could finish it soon," said Tristan as he took some of Téa's fries.

"Geez, danks for da support." The blond boy grimed.

Yugi patted on his back. "Hey, don't worry about it. We're sure you could finish. You've pull your way up to the finals in Duelist Kingdom and Battle City, and you can do it. Just believe in yourself."

"Yugi's right. You've never give up to the end and you gonna do it." The brunette girl cheered.

"Yeah, just think of it as Duel Monsters." said Tristan.

"Yeah." Joey exclaimed, soon he began rubbing his head. "Except its English I have to battle and instead of Duel Monsters cards, its pencil and paper. Also wit spelling, vocabulary, grammar, punctuation….. Ah, I can't take it!"

Joey slammed his head on the table, knocking the drinks down. Tristan jumped out of his seat while the drinks spilled on Téa, Yugi, and Joey.

"Augh! Joey, be careful next time." Téa shouted as she cleaned herself with some napkins.

"It's useless. I'm never gonna finish it," Joey mumbled.

"Yes, you can. All you have to do it's believed in yourself. You believed the heart of the card and your sister always gave you support. I know you can," said Yugi as he wiped himself with napkins.

"Danks….. I dink," Joey replied as he got up from his seat and walked out. The gang watched Joey walking miserable until he was out of site. Disappointments spread through their bodies.

"Poor Joey, he lost his hope and wouldn't believe in himself," said Téa, looking down.

Tristan looked at Téa. "Of course he won't believe in himself. This is English we're talking about."

This surprised Téa. "How could you say that? Joey's our friend," she yelled with her eyes wide.

Tristan placed his hands behind his head. "Look Téa, I know Joey is our friend. But you have to admit it; he's slacking off through English. I mean, it's not a life or death situation and besides, he can see Serenity some other times. He maybe behind his grades, but hope wouldn't get him through. It's the motivation he needs."

"Hmm? Maybe you're right, Tristan. He doesn't look motivated about the assignment. I think we should go and help him," Téa smiled as she got up from her seat. However, Yugi stopped her.

"Maybe we shouldn't help him." The tri-colored boy spoke.

"Yugi…… Why?"

"Oh, let's just say he'll pull it through on his work." Yugi smirked. As he spoke those words, his Millennium Puzzle glowed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

A/N: There you have it, the prologue of the story. So will Joey be able to finish his homework to hang out with Serenity? Is the gang going to help him or ditch him? Find out next in the next chapter. And please, review me.