Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Three Duelists ❯ The Road to Paris ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: O_O What?! No review?! This made me feel disgrace. But what do you aspect from someone who is new authoress? Anyway, I was thinking of having the characters of Yu-Gi-Oh to reply the review. But since I have none, then I guess I have them do the narration at the end. So enjoy. ^_^

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh or the Three Musketeers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

It was 9:30 at night and Joey was reading the book the third time. Every Friday he would be watching TV about the Duel Monsters Battle, not reading a book in his room. His eyes are tired and he was getting a huge headache. He looked at the book to see where he left off.

"And Bonacieux realized that he had missed an opportunity to learn some information which might be useful to the Cardinal."

Reading this part made Joey frustrate. It reminded himself of him, not paying attention to the teacher. Joey rubbed his head, screamed. "Gwak, I can't take it anymore! It's giving me a migraine!"

He picked up hi book and threw it across the room. Unfortunately, his book fell onto his baseball bat, which was attached to the glove, making his bat as a seesaw. In his glove was a baseball, which flew across the room and smacked Joey in the face. Joey fell off his chair and became unconscious.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

As he opened his eyes, he noticed it was daytime. Rubbing his face, Joey got up to his sitting position. "Man, I shoulda watch where I'm throwing. Huh?"

Joey saw that he wasn't in his room, but in a field surrounded by forest. He looked behind and saw a little cottage house. Cold chills crawled down his back. "Ah! Where am I?!" Joey freaked.

He reached his hand to get his shoes, but grabbed a pair of boots. Joey questioned, "Hey, what happen to my shoes?"

Looking down, he noticed he wasn't wearing his own clothes. What he saw was a loose white shirt, which shows his chest and a leather pants. This shocked Joey even more. "AH! I've been robbed!"

"Joseph? Joseph, where are you?" A voice called.

Joey looked to see if anyone but he was here. There was no one except himself. Somehow, the voice sounded familiar to him. As it grew louder, he noticed who it was.

"Hey, its Yugi's grandpa!" Joey exclaimed, "Maybe he can help me."

He wore the boots and began to run down the field. Outside the cottage was Yugi's grandpa. Solomon called out his name as he looked for the blond boy. Joey waved his hands, "Hey! I'm ova here!"

Solomon looked up at him, "Joseph, where have you been? I've been calling you for an hour."

The blond boy stopped and rubbed his head. "Sorry, I kinda got clouds in my head. So, what do you want me for?"

Solomon gave Joey a deck of cards, a duel disk, and a letter. Joey took them, "So, what dis for?"

The old man looked at him, confused. "Joseph, don't you remember? I'm sending you to Paris so you can become a duelist."

"What?! But I'm already a duelist!" Joey frowned. "I mean sure I'm a beginner duelist. But I made it to da finals of Duelist Kingdom and Battle City."

Solomon blinked. "Joseph, what are you talking about?"

"Whaddya mean what I'm talking about? I'm talking about myself here. You taught me da heart of da card."

The old man smiled and said, "Yes, I did teach you the heart of the card. But Joey, you're not a duelist yet. You're just a miller's son. However, your father knew you were good enough to become a duelist. And as a retire duelist, I have taught you well enough. Here, take this card."

Joey looked at the card and was surprised. It was the Red Eyes Black Dragon. He always counts on Red Eyes whenever he's in trouble. Joey handed the deck of cards back to Solomon. "Keep dem, I have my own deck here. See? Huh?"

He checked his pockets and noticed he had nothing in it. Joey began to panic. "AH!! What happen to my deck?!"

Solomon tried to calm down the blond boy. "Calm down, Joseph. Your deck is in my hand. I don't know what's gotten into you."

"Whaddya mean what's going on? I'm in a strange land, I'm wearing some strange clothes, and I had no idea what's going on!"

Solomon looked concerned. "Joseph, maybe you're getting sick. I think you should rest."

"No, I'm fine. Look." Joey began to push-up, sit ups, and running up the hill. This made the old man more concern. "This disease is getting worse than I thought. We should get you a doctor."

Joey tripped when he heard what Solomon said. "But I'm fine. You have to trust me. I mean it, just ask me a question."

"Okay….. What year is it?"

"Easy. It's da year 2004."

"I'm afraid not, it's 1627."

"What?!" Joey shouted. I can't believe it. I musta travel back in time. That's explaining everything here. But if I traveled back in time, how the heck am I gonna get home? He thought.

"I must take you back inside. A sick child like you shouldn't be outside," said Solomon as he tried to get the blond boy up.

Ah!! Gotta think fast before they sent me to the loony bin, he thought. He quickly got up to his feet, rubbed his head while waved at the old man. He laughed, "No, I'm fine. Really, I just got da jitters. Yeah, dat right, I was so nervous, I couldn't dink straight."

Solomon blink, "Are you sure?"

"Of course, I'm fine. In fact, I dink my jitters are gone."

Solomon gave him a hard look to see if Joey really meant it. Soon he started to relax and gave the blond boy the deck. "Very well then, I hope you've made your way carefully and remember, Joseph. No matter what the outcome is, always believe the heart of the card."

"I will and I'll be sure I'll make it," exclaimed Joey as he started to walk off. When he reached the hill, he heard Solomon cried.

"Wait, Joseph! Paris is that away!"

Joseph stopped and looked at the old man. "What? You gotta be kidding me?"

"Well, you'll not become a duelist if you're going in that direction."

"Argh!" Joey yelled as he went down the hill. When he came down, Solomon handed him an old horse.

"Here, take old Jean with you. He knows the way to Paris."

"Oh no, I'm not gonna ride an old horse to Paris. I'll be a laughing stock." Joey protested.

Solomon put his hands on Joey's shoulders. "Joseph, it doesn't matter what it looked like or how weak the horse is. It's all about faith and trust. This horse may not be strong or perfection, but it contained wisdom within, just like I am. So if I'm good enough to be your teacher, then this horse is good enough to travel."

Although Joey hated to admit it, he knew that Solomon's right. If it wasn't for his training, he would never reach to the finals without his guidance. The blond sighed.

"Alright, I'll take da horse. Besides, I owe you for my training. Without you guidance, I might be having trouble how to play it. So, don't you worry, once I come back, yer gonna see da number one duelist." Joey smiled.

With that, he mounted the horse and rode off. He turned around and waved goodbye to Solomon. The old man waved back. Joey continued to wave to the old man till he was out of site and into the forest, heading straight to Paris.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

Hello, this is Solomon Motouh. I just wanted to say I'm proud how Joey turned out after all the training I put him through. So with new adventure waiting, will Joey be able to get home? Who will he run into along the journey? But most importantly, will he be able to finish his homework? Well if you want to find out youngster, than stay tune for the next chapter. Oh, and don't forget to drop by my shop. We got boxes full of brand new Duel Monsters cards.