Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Three Duelists ❯ Duelists vs. Duelers ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Alright, ladies and gentlemen. This is Mokuba Kaiba and we are going to have the best duel in the century, whatever century it is? Okay, in the right corner, we have Joey Wheeler and in the left corner, we have- Hey, wait! I'm not finish-

A/N: Sorry, readers. I know it's been like a month to update this, but it just that I was having trouble figuring out how to finish the duel. Either that or I just lazy. Anyway- Hey! Mokuba, I'm not finish-

As I was saying, in the left corner, we have Yami- Hey! Give me the mike!

No! Not until the readers finishes the stor- Hey! You are not allow to do it-

I'm calling my big brother! Now give me the mike!

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh or the Three Musketeers. Mokuba! Give me the mike! Oh, hi Kaiba (smile weakly to the Seto Kaiba.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

It was nearly noon and Joey rushed off to Carmelite Convent. Luckily, Mokuba was with him to guide him through the streets of Paris. Man, I hope it's not a duel to da death. He thought. As Joey arrive his destination, Yami was leaning against the wall, shuffling his deck. Yami looked at Joey with a glint of determination.

"Ah, you're here. I was about to have my doubts about you."

The blond boy rubbed his head, "Hey, no sweat Yu- I mean, Yami."

"Very well then, before we begin our duel, I would like to wait for my seconds to arrive."

"Yer seconds?" Joey questioned.

"Yes, my seconds. I needed someone to witness our duel and if I fall, my seconds will take my place."

"Gak! You didn't say anything about seconds!"

"Why should I? Everyone knows that whoever duels must have seconds."

Wanting to show how great his dignity is, the blond boy fibbed, "Uh yeah, I knew dat. But it just dat I don't have a seconds. Yeah, dat's it. I don't have seconds because I just arrived here today."

The tri-colored haired boy blinked at Joey. He wasn't quite sure whether Joey lied or not. But when Yami look at Mokuba, he decided that Joey must be telling the truth.

Yami smiled, "No need to worry, my friend. I will have my seconds witness the duel. But if I fall, I will carry it with honor for dueling against you."

"Uh, danks......... I dink." Joey answered. He felt uncomfortable. He didn't want to duel against his friend. From all the duels that he had fought, battle against Yugi was the toughest. And even though he doesn't know Yami very well, Joey still felt a bond of friendship with him.

Yami turned his direction to the left and spoke. "Ah, here come my seconds. You know, if we don't have a duel, I'll say we would become friends."

"Yeah..........," Joey spoke quietly.

"Before we duel, I would like to know your name. It would be shameful of me if I duel against a nameless duelist."

"Da name's Joey Wheeler," said Joey as he raised his hand. Yami looked at his hand for a moment before shook it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Monsieur Wheeler."

"Hey, call me Joey."

"Alright then Joey, I want you to meet my seconds."

As Joey turned around, three boys were surprised to see each other. Somehow, Yami's seconds are Tristan and Duke. They spoke in unison, "You!"

"What are you doing here?" The brunette boy questioned Joey.

"Uh....."

Yami stepped up and spoke, "He's here to duel with me."

The Dice Duelist pushed Tristan and protested. "No way, the blond boy owns me a duel!"

Tristan disagreed, "You! Forget it, dice boy! He humiliated me and I'm gonna duel him!"

Duke turned his attention to Tristan. "Humiliated you? All he did was spilled a drink on you, that's not embarrass. However, he humiliated me in front of the ladies, so I'll get the pleasure to duel him."

"Forget it, I'm dueling him!"

"No, I'm dueling against him!"

"No, I'm-"

"Enough!" Yami interrupted. The boys turned their attention to the tri-colored boy. Yami cleared his throat and spoke, "Since its noon and we're at the Carmelite Convent, I'll duel against him. No more, no less."

He turned to face Joey and asked, "So, are you ready to duel?"

The blond boy gulped and nodded. Yami walked and stopped ten feet away from Joey. He turned around with a smirk on his face. Winds began to blow to the east. Joey felt his hair pricked up at the back of his neck and sweats pouring down on him. Duke leaned against the wall with his arms crossed as Tristan stand to watch the duel. The tri-colored hair boy made his first move.

"Alright, I'll place two cards facedown and summon Celtic Guardian in attack mode."

As he placed the cards on the duel disk, two cards appeared facedown. Then Celtic Guardian emerged out of thin air in his fighting stance. Yami crossed his arms and smirked. Joey drew a card and looked at his hand back and forth, from his hand to Yami. Okay, no need to worry, all you gotta do is place a monster in defense and a trap card. He thought. As he looked up to the tri-colored boy, Yami gave Joey a glint of mischievous. Nervous crawled on the blond boy's back.

"Oh boy," Joey murmured. He placed one card facedown and summoned Axe Raider in defense mode. The tri-colored boy chuckled, shook his head. Somehow, Yami sensed that Joey placed a trap for him since his monster is weaker than Joey's. He drew a card and looked at his opponent.

"It's my turn and I play this card," Yami shouted and placed the card in the slot. A card appeared and revealed itself. It was Monster Exchange.

"I exchange Celtic Guardian with Curse of Dragon."

Celtic Guardian disappeared as Curse of Dragon appeared. Although Yami hated to fall into a trap, he knew it was the only way for Joey to waste his trap. "Curse of Dragon, at-"

"Yami, forget the duel! Duelers are coming!" Tristan interrupted. As Joey turned around, he saw many duelists headed toward them. Some had summoned their monsters. Tristan and Duke came to Yami's aide, eyeing on every duelist stand in sight. The tallest stand in front of the other, Joey gasped. The blond boy had never forgotten the cheater of the entire duelist he fought, Bandit Keith. The Machine Duelist smirked.

"Well, well, look what we got there. Duelists are having a duel against the Cardinal's law. According to the law, you guys are under arrest."

"Hey, we didn't even duel. So, ya can't arrest us." Joey explained.

"Oh, but I'm afraid it is. So therefore, we're placing the Duelists under arrest, including you dweeb."

This ticked Joey off. "Oh yeah, well I place my monster in attack mode."

"What do you think you're doing? Call back your monster!" Tristan shouted.

"And let dis jerk arrest us for nothing. I don't dink so!"

"You idiot, there are seventeen of them and only four of us! What makes you think we could beat them?" Duke questioned.

"I dunno, but my guts telling me to fight on."

"Well if Joey believes in himself, then I believe him."

Tristan and Duke couldn't believe their ears. Tristan shouted, "Yami! Don't be such a fool! There's no way we could defeat them!"

"Hey, dere's no worry Tristan. All you gotta do is believed in da heart of da cards."

"Heart of the cards? What are you talking about?"

"Hey, dat's what Yug- I mean, Mr. Motouh told me. Believe in da heart of da cards. And believe me, it really pull me out of da jam."

Bandit Keith laughed. "Oh, you think so? Well from the look of this, I don't think these 'heart of the cards' helps you. So I suggest you should give up or I'll take you by force."

Yami stand next to Joey. He spoke in determination. "We'll never surrender to the likes of you. And as the King's Duelist, we shall never fall into the Cardinal's hands. So I suggest you should leave us or feel the wrath of my Curse of Dragon."

"Well then, suits yourself. I summon Machine King," Bandit Keith shouted as his monster appeared in front of him. Duke stepped forward, next to Yami.

"I'm not sure whether or not you're crazy. But if you believed we could win this, then I guess I might help you out Yami. So I summon my Strike Ninja."

Duke's monster appeared next to the Dice Duelist. This lightens up Joey's spirit as he felt a hand on his shoulder. The blond turned and saw Tristan standing by his side.

"Look, man. If we fall, this will be your fault. So you've better pray before we battle." The brunette spoke as he summoned Cyber Commander. His word doesn't sound encouragement and it didn't make Joey happy.

"Geez danks for the compliment, Tristan," Joey scorned.

"Okay, enough talking. Let's duel. Duelers, CHARGE!!" The Machine Duelist ordered. The Duelers' monsters and his took charged. Duke stepped back.

"There's too many! There no way we could stop them at once!"

Duke's right. Dere are too many monsters to fight. How do we stop dem? Joey thought. Suddenly, something caught Joey's attention. Behind his Axe Raider was a card facedown. He had forgotten about his trap card when Bandit Keith and his goons arrived. Now was the perfect time to activate it.

"Not so fast!" Joey shouted as he activated his trap card. His card flipped up to reveal. It was a Fissure card. A pit hole appeared and every Dueler's monsters fell in. The Duelers, including Bandit Keith were shocked in disbelief. Tristan and Duke were astounded from his move.

"Good work, Joey." Yami congratulated. The blond boy smiled as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Aw, it was nothing."

"Yeah, that was a smart move."

"Who would have thought that an amateur could pull it out?"

"Watch it, Duke."

After seeing what had happen, this made Bandit Keith angry. No one dare beat him, not even an amateur and he wouldn't allow it. The Machine Duelist interrupted their conversation. "That's it! No one makes a monkey out of me, especially the blond dweeb. Duelers, ATTACK!"

The battle raged on for hours. Monsters attacked monsters. Trap cards were triggered. Life Points were dropping down to zero. Most of the Duelers had fallen, yet others forfeited and ran. All that left standing was Bandit Keith with 300 Life Points. This doesn't look good to him. Joey and the Three Duelists have their Life Points from 700 to 1200. Five cards were facedown and four monsters in attack mode, which were the Dark Magician, Red Eyes Black Dragon, Orgoth the Relentless, and Super Roboyarou. All Bandit Keith had in the duel field were his trap card and his Dragon Barrel. Joey gave a hearty laugh and pointed to the Machine Duelist.

"Look like you don't have any good ones to pull yer scheme tricks."

"Oh, we'll see about it," Bandit Keith growled as he drew a card. When he looked at it, his frown turned into a sinister smile. It seemed that his luck had change and he couldn't wait to get rid of them. He turned his attention to the opponents.

"Well, it looks like Lady Luck is on my side. I hope you feeling lucky because you won't be so lucky once I'm about to crush you. First, I play the magic card, Pot of Greed."

As the Pot of Greed card appeared, Bandit Keith drew two more cards from his deck. Looking at his cards, it made him smile even more.

"Alright, I play Reborn the Monster to bring back an old friend of mine, Machine King."

"Boring, yer dinks yer Machine King could stop us. I mean come on; our monsters are stronger than yers."

"Oh you won't find it funny once I play this card," the Machine Duelist smirked as he placed a card into the slot. Once the card appeared, it began to flip to reveal its Clockwork Night. Joey and the others' monsters were turned to machines, having their attack points reduced 500. Tristan shook his head.

"Haven't you forgotten that my monster is a machine? And since you play that card, it raises my monster attack point 500."

Bandit Keith laughed. "So what if you monster received 500 points? It's still not strong enough to beat my monsters. And not only did my monsters received 500, but also my Machine King received 100 points for each machine monsters in the field."

"Aw man, I forget about that."

"That's right. With 3200 attack points, my monsters could easily clobber your monsters. Machine King, attack Super Roboyarou!"

As the Machine King launched its attack, Tristan activated his magic card; Wabaku. The Machine Duelist was disappointed at first, but quickly recovered with a smirk.

"Well, that was a lucky fluke. But once it's my turn again, I'll make sure I wipe your monsters and your Life Point."

"About time, now it's my turn." Joey uttered as he drew his card. In his hand, he drew a Sword and Shield card. Aw man, dis card is useless. Dere's no way I could beat his monsters if I play dis card. Joey thought.

The blond boy turned his attention to Bandit Keith and spoke. "Okay, here goes nothin'. I activate my magic card, Graceful Dice."

Once he said the name of the card, it revealed itself. Soon the little person appeared out of the card and tossed the die. The die hit the ground and began to bounce. All the duelists watched as the die bounced up and down, one at the time. C'mon, I need a two or more, Joey thought. Slowly the die began to roll and stop with the number five on top. The blond boy raised his fist in the air.

"Oh yeah, it looks like Lady Luck has switch sides. Since I had a higher roll, my Red Eyes gets 9500 points, mean that my dragon is way stronger dan yers and I can easily blow yer Life Points with one blow. Okay Red Eyes, at-"

"Not so fast, blondie. You activate my trap card, Gravity Bind."

"WHAT?! No fair!" Joey shouted. Anger grew in his veins as he waved his fist at the Machine Duelist. "Yer coward! I woulda clobber ya by now!"

"Joey, that's enough!" Yami shouted. He drew a card and look.

The tri-colored hair boy announced. "Alright, I place a card facedown and have my Dark Magician in defense."

Then he turned his attention to Joey. "No need to throw your temper. We will defeat him, no matter what. It's what you said before; believe in the heart of the cards. So as long as we have faith in each other, there's nothing going to stop us."

Although Joey wanted to beat the Machine Duelist himself, he knew that Yami was right. He knew that a duelist must keep their temper cool, even when situation gets worse. After Yami's turn, Duke and Tristan had their monsters in defense. Bandit Keith laughed as he drew a card.

"Well, it looked like I got the upper hand in this duel. It's too bad you won't win this cause once I win this, you Duelists would be spending time in jail. Now Machine King, attack the dweeb's dragon!"

The Three Duelists were shock. They realized his monster is in attack mode which will bring his Life Points to zero. However, the blond boy smirked and said, "Not so fast, you activated my trap card."

"What?!" The Machine Duelist startled.

"Yer heard me. You fell right into my trap. Reveal facedown!"

The facedown card turned up and revealed Skull Dice card. Once it activated, the die began to fall and revealed a two on the top. Joey grinned.

"Look likes yer wrong about who's winnin'. Since my Skull Dice rolled a two, yer monster attack point just went down to 1600. Meaning dat yer attack had just been cancel. Now if you excuse me, it's my turn." Joey smirked as he drew a card.

Looking at his card made the blond boy grinned. Sweet, it's da Pot of Greed. Now all I have to do is play dis baby and hope it's da right card I need, Joey thought. He placed the Pot the Greed into the slot and spoke, "Alright I play Pot of Greed, giving me two cards from my deck."

As he drew his cards and look, his grin became even wider. Alright! Dis is even better dan one card, he thought. The blond boy turned his attention to the Machine Duelist with a confident smile like he had won the duel.

"It seen yer plan is about to change because first, I activate Giant Trunade to get rid of yer Clockwork Night. Then I sacrifice my Red Eyes to bring out Jinzo to get rid of yer trap card too."

Bandit Keith stepped back, "What?! It can't be!"

"Too bad cuz it's too late," the blond boy gloated as he wagged his finger. The Clockwork Night had disappeared, changing the monsters what they were supposed to be. Jinzo appeared where the Red Eyes stand before and destroyed Gravity Bind. Bandit Keith stared in disbelief as the Three Duelist congratulated Joey. I can't believe the dweeb destroy my best cards. How can an amateur beat one of the best Duelers? He thought.

"Joey, shall I take the honor?" Yami asked. The blond boy smirked and gave him a thumb up, ready to see Bandit Keith about to lose. The tri- colored boy nodded as he drew his card and turned his attention to the Machine Duelist.

"Alright, your duel ends here. I activated my facedown card, the Book of Secret Arts. Thanks to Joey, your Machine King's strength had fallen to 2400. And with your Gravity Bind gone, I'm allowed to finish you off. Dark Magician, Dark Magic Attack!"

"NO!" Bandit Keith echoed as the Dark Magician attacked him. His Life Points had gone down to zero and he fell to the ground, groaning. Joey and the Three Duelist celebrated their victory. Mokuba came up and congratulated them. This made the blond boy smiled even broader.

"Aw geez, danks," said the blond boy as he rubbed the back of his head. Joey felt a hand placed on his shoulder. As he turned around, Joey saw Yami and the others smiled at him.

"Come with us. We must celebrate this victory at Tréville's headquarter. I'm sure Monsieur Tréville and the King would be very please of your courageous fight."

"Really?! I mean sure Ryou would be happy about dis, but da King? No way!"

Duke came up and slapped his hand behind Joey's back. "Of course, the King would be proud. He would love to see the Cardinal's face when the Cardinal learns we defeated one of his best men."

"Yeah, who woulda thought dat?"

"Well what are we waiting for, let's go. Last one had to pay the fifty pistoles for the drinks." Tristan shouted as he run into the streets of Paris, followed by the others.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

(Mutter to herself) I can't believe I have to do this. Well folks, it seems that Joey had finally have his friends back. So will Joey have another adventure waiting for him? Will the Three Duelists help Joey get back home? And I bet you wonder why I'm doing this? Well, it seems that Kaiba tried to sue me for having a little fight with Mokuba. But no need to worry, I got everything clear up with Kaiba, so I didn't get sue. In other words, Kaiba own fifty one percent of my story. (Pretend to cry) How horrible it is? Anyway, I'll try to update it as soon as I can. That is if I'm not being a lazy authoress or stuck in writer's block. So huh? For me? Well, let's see. (Open the letter and read) O_O What?! I'm being sue for taking Kaiba's microphone without his permission?! I didn't even take it from Kaiba Corp.! You can't sue me for borrowing a mike if it my friend's! I demand to speak with Kaiba at once! (Chasing after Kaiba's lawyer.)