Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Wandering Samurai ❯ The Unwanted Meeting ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Yugi had the first night of true peace at Mai's house.  He also enjoyed his first relaxing bath there.  Then that afternoon, he and Yami started out on their way.  They had the misfortune of going through a forest haunted by evil spirits.  One tried to possess Yugi, but Yami easily dealt with it and took out a few more as well.  It was then that Yugi learned that Yami could see and sense spirits and about why Yami's staff was able to take out the evil spirits.  They then found themselves in the Sun clan village.  It wasn't entirely peaceful because an intruder from the Fire clan tried to kill Yugi.  But Yami dealt with the intruder.  Now Yami and Yugi are sleeping in the woods.
' is thoughts






     &n bsp;                                   Chapter 3: The Unwanted Meeting

Yami and Yugi slept on through the peaceful night.  The next morning, they had woken up to the sun shining in their faces.  Yugi sat up and stretched.  Then he undressed and bathed in the nearby pond.  Yami then handed him a towel before undressing, revealing a muscular but lean body.  Then he bathed in the pond, washing his robe as well.  The robe dried off half an hour later, and Yami put it back on.  Then he and Yugi folded up their quilts before Yami put them back in the bag.  Then they had a quick breakfast.  Half an hour later, the fist training session began.

"All right Yugi.  The first rule is to always try to just walk away.  But there will be certain situations that you're going to have to do something in order to be able to walk away.  I will show you the basic things as well as some moves that will help you get away in those situations.  The first thing you have to know is the proper way to make a fist," Yami said before holding out his arm and closing his fist.  He had his thumb across his other four fingers.  "See how my knuckles are all showing?  It's important to have your knuckles showing because it's your knuckles that should hit the attacker."

Yugi then held out his left arm and closed his hand into a fist.  He just about had it.  There was a small mistake though.  His thumb was covering two of his knuckles.  He looked at the fist he made before looking back to the one Yami made.  He quickly corrected his mistake and soon made a proper fist.

"Very good Yugi.  The next thing you need to know is how to stand and where to position your hands when you're defending yourself.  In other words, a stance," Yami said.  He then stood with his right foot behind his left foot.  His had his feet shoulder width apart and perpendicular to where he was facing.  He then had his left arm bent like someone holding a baton in a marching band, with his fist at eye level, and his right arm bent in a 90 degree angle across his stomach; his right arm was about several inches away from his stomach.  "This is known as a fighting stance.

You don't always have to have your right foot in back.  In cases with a group of people trying to hurt you, you'll have to switch your feet around to be able to defend yourself better," Yami said before switching so that his left foot was the back foot.  His right arm was now the arm in the front.  Then he switched again so thathis right foot was the back foot again.  Yugi imitated what Yami did.  But when he tried to switch, his feet slid into each other.  He would've had a nasty collision with the ground if not for Yami catching him.  Yami then set Yugi straight up again.

"That didn't go too well did it?  Are you all right?" Yami asked.

"I'm okay.  Thank you," Yugi responded.

"Let's try it again," Yami said before going back into the fighter's stance with his right foot as the back foot.

Yugi then went back into the stance.  Yami then switched twice again.  This time, he did it in slow motion.  Yugi saw exactly how Yami did it.  This time, Yugi switched without losing his balance.  He then switched again.

"Why is it important how I have my arms?" Yugi asked.

"I'm glad you asked that.  Having your arms like this is important because you'll be able to quickly block a punch or kick that someone tries to throw your way," Yami responded.  "Come to about your arm's length with me and throw a punch at my face," he added.

Yugi thought Yami was crazy.  "I don't want to hurt you," he said.

"Trust me Yugi.  You won't hurt me," Yami said.

Yugi was still skeptical.  He came up to his arm's length of Yami's face and threw a punch.  Yami quickly moved his left arm to an upside-down 90 degree angle, blocking Yugi's punch.  Yugi just stood there with his mouth hanging open.

"I told you that you wouldn't hurt me Yugi.  But you got to be careful.  You left yourself wide open.  Never leave yourself open when you're defending yourself.  Your entire body was opened to me.  If were an enemy, then I could've punched and/or kicked you in the stomach.  I could've also punched and/or kicked you in the face, or aimed for your lower body.  One then about people who have ill intentions is that they will do whatever it takes to bring you down, even if it means to go for your lower body," Yami said.

For an hour, Yami had showed Yugi some blocks as well as a few punches and kicks.  Yugi had a pretty tough time with the kicks.  But that's normal for a beginner.  He would get it in due time.

"This is pretty hard," Yugi said.

"This is only your first time Yugi.  It will get easier the more you do it.  You're doing great so far," Yami said.  "We'll continue later.  I can see that you need to rest," he added.

Yugi nodded and sat down right were he was.  He was pretty tired.  But he knew that he would get the hang of learning to defend himself in a matter of time.  He would train for as long as necessary.  But he would have some much-unwanted company in the near future.  His parents, or should I say his ex-parents, felt that disowning Yugi was a mistake on their part.  They were now looking for him.  But the reason was far from a good one.  When they found Yugi, they were going to literally beat him to death.

"I'm sorry dear.  You were right in the decision to give that annoying little brat the beating of his life," Mrs. Motou said.

"All is forgiven my dear.  I just want to hear that little runt scream when I beat him with my whip," Mr. Motou said.

But they wouldn't have it easy.  Especially when they find out that their former son has the Wandering Samurai for a traveling partner.  They had never believed in the stories about a samura who helped just out of the goodness of his own heart.  To them, a person like that didn't even exist.  But this was coming from the minds of two people who don't have much respect for others.

Two hours later, Yugi and Yami were on their way again.  Now too long afterwards, they were surrounded.  About a dozen members of the Fire clan had spotted them on their way to attack the Sun clan.  Yami had joined the halves of his staff together.  This time, a bright light didn't shine out of the staff because there were no invisible spirits to deal with.  Two of the men had lunged for Yami.

One of them tried to spear Yami.  Yami blocked every lunge of the spear with his staff before whacking the guy in the head and taking the guy's legs from under him.  The guy found himself face up on the ground.  Yami then dodged to the right.  The second guy had a dagger.  Yami used his staff to disarm the guy.  Then he punched the guy in the face before whacking him with the staff as well.  The guy was unconscious on the ground.

"Anyone else want to try me?  I'm not in the mood for this," Yami said irritably.

Another guy of the Fire clan managed to snatch Yugi away.  But he didn't get too far.  He soon found Yami right in front of him.  Yami's speed had greatly surprised Yugi.  Yugi didn't know that Yami was that fast.  Just as quickly, Yami knocked the guy out with a roundhouse kick to the face.  He then gave a defiant look to the rest of the clan surrounding him and Yugi.  He then spun his staff while moving it between his hands before he held it behind his back.  He looked to the other clan members, daring them to try something.

The clan members still conscious took the hint.  They took their unconscious members and fled as quickly as they could.  When they were out of sight, Yami separated his staff and put the halves on his belt again.  He then turned to look at the still stunned Yugi.

"How are you that fast?" Yugi was able to ask even though he was still pretty stunned.

"That is a story for another time Yugi.  But we have a longer journey ahead of us now.  The next village is the Fire clan's village.  I know a way around it," Yami responded.

"I don't care how long it takes.  I don't want to see another one of those people," Yugi said.

Yami led Yugi down another path in the woods.  When Yugi got tired, Yami picked him up and quickly ran through the woods.  That way, they made faster progress.  They had stopped near a lake a couple of hours later.  At nightfall, Yugi and Yami had eaten from some fruit trees that were nearby.  Yami had climbed the tree and picked some fruit out of it.  A couple of hours afterward, Yugi just fell asleep where he was.

Yami then joined the halves of his staff together and let it float from out of his hands.  In addition to destroying evil spirits, the staff also served as a method of protection.  The staff had created an invisible force field over Yami and Yugi.  Yami then went to sleep himself.  Some more members of the Fire clan did try to attack, but the staff prevented any attacks.  The clan members gave up and returned to their village.

The rest of the night was peaceful.  The next morning, Yami woke up and took his staff.  The protective field disappeared, and Yami separated his staff.  Then he awakened Yugi.  Then they bathed in the lake.  After drying off, they ate some more of the fruit.  Then they continued on their way out of the Fire clan's area.

By midday, they were out of the Fire clan's territory and into another forest.  But this forest wasn't haunted like the other one was.  After resting for a few hours, Yami continued to train Yugi.  It was a review of yesterday's training in addition to Yami showing Yugi some new moves.  Yugi had gotten the hang of a few kicks that he learned yesterday a little.  Btu he overall still didn't have it down yet.  An hour and a half later, Yugi rested again.

"When will I learn how to use my staff?" Yugi asked.

"Patience Yugi, I will teach you to how to use your staff in due time.  But it's more important that you learn to use your body to defend yourself first.  In the case that someone disarms you, you'll need to know how to defend yourself using your body," Yami responded.  "I had to learn how to used my body as a means of attack and defense ebfore I learned how to use weapons."

Meanwhile, Yugi's former parents were slowly making progress through the terrain.  His ex-parents knew how to survive in the outdoors because their jobs had them in the outdoors.  It was just a matter of time now before they finally found Yugi.

Back with Yugi and Yami, Yugi had practiced the moves that he had been taught so far.  After resting for an hour after training with Yami, Yugi decided to practice the moves he was taught so far on his own.  He nearly fell every time he attempted the roundhouse kick.  But Yami kept preventing the otherwise assured nasty collisions with the ground.  The reason why Yugi kept falling is because he was kicking out at his face level.

"You're trying to kick too high.  That's why you keep losing your balance.  For now, just kick parallel to your stomach level.  You'll be able to kick at face level without losing your balance in due time," Yami said.

Yugi nodded and did as Yami said.  He had no more trouble with balance.  It didn't take too long for him to get the hang of the roundhouse kick.  Then he moved on to the other moves.  After an hour, he rested again.

"You're doing well Yugi.  You still need a lot more practice, but you're getting better.  That's enough training for today.  We'll resume tomorrow," Yami said.

Yugi nodded.  Then Yami took out the quilts for them to rest on.  Yami then went to the lake and unsheathed his sword.  He then used it like a spear.  He ended up catching five salmon on his sword.  He then pulled his sword out of the lake and took the now dead fish off before cleaning his sword and sheathing it.  He found some twigs nearby and put the fish on them.  Then he started a small fire.

Then he and Yugi cooked the fish on the fire.  They had fish and some more fruit for dinner.  A few hours later, they went to sleep again.  But the night wouldn't be entirely peaceful again.  This time, the danger would come from an animal of the forest.  Yugi and Yami had unintentionally invaded a black bear's territory.

Any kind of bear was protective of its territory.  Yugi and Yami awoke to a low and menacing growl.  Yami quickly stood up and picked up his staff.  He then joined the halves together.  He had his staff at the ready position in case he needed to strike.  Soon, the bear charged for Yami and quickly slashed at him.  Yami evade the slash but was disarmed of his staff.  His sword was still on the ground.

Thinking that Yami was now defenseless, the bear swiped at him again.  Yami simply caught the bear's paw in an iron grip, but he didn't leave himself open for the bear to attack.  The bear tried to wrench its paw free, but Yami had the stronger grip.  Yami then kicked the bear in the stomach before easily throwing it twenty feet.  That had surprised Yugi even more.

But that move had also seemed to only anger the bear more.  It stood up again and lunged for Yugi.  Yugi was too scared to move.  He suddenly felt a gust of wind, as the bear was only about two feet away from him.  Yugi looked down to see the bear far below him now.  He then felt the wind in his face as well as familiar arms holding him Bridal style.  He looked up into the familiar eyes of Yami.  He then looked between Yami and the ground about ten times.

"Y-You can fly!  But how?" Yugi was finally able to say.

"Don't worry Yugi.  All will be revealed when the time is right," Yami said.  He then looked down to see that the bear had left.  Then he landed and placed Yugi back down on the quilt.

Luckily, their things were still unaccounted for.  So as not to take any more chances, Yami's staff floated upwards and created the protective force field again.  He and Yugi went back to sleep and slept peacefully the remainder of the night.  The next morning, the protective field disappeared, and Yugi and Yami had a quick bite to eat.  Then they got their things together and moved on.  They found themselves in another village in a couple of hours.

"What is this village?" Yugi asked.

"This is the village of the Moon clan Yugi.  The Moon clan is like a sister clan to the Sun clan.  The members of both clans get along exceptionally well," Yami responded.

The clan leader then came out.  The clan leader of the Moon clan was a woman.  She had pale skin, long flowing white hair, and crystal blue eyes.  Although she had white hair, she was a young woman.  She was wearing a very dark blue kimono.  Her kimono had an imprint of the moon and stars on the back.  She felt honored to have the legendary warrior visit her again.  She then walked towards Yami and Yugi.  Yugi spotted the woman first.

"Who is she Yami?" Yugi asked.

Yami looked up and saw the woman approaching.  "That's Hikari(A/N: Not Kari from Digimon), leader of the Moon clan.  She's very nice and has a gentle personality," Yami responded.

Soon, Hikari was upon Yami and Yugi before Yami bowed.  "It's an honor to have you visit us again Yami," she said bowing.  She had overheard Yugi's question to Yami.

"It's good to see your and your people again.  Hikari, I would like you to meet Yugi," Yami said.

"Nice to meet you," Hikari said with a bow.

"Nice to meet you too," Yugi said bowing.

"Would you like to play with the other children?" Hikari asked Yugi.

"I would love too," Yugi responded before another clan member led him to where the other children were.

The other children stopped what they were doing when they saw Yugi.  They saw how much he looked like the great warrior that always filled their dreams.  Yugi then introduced himself before he began to play with them.  The children's parents smiled as they watched their children play with their new friend.  But his playtime would not last much longer.

A couple of hours later, Yugi's ex-parents found themselves on the outskirts of the Moon clan's village.  They wasted no time in getting the information out of the memebers.  Yugi's ex-father had his whip at the ready.  Because the clan didn't fight whatsoever, they were forced to tell them where Yugi was.

Half an hour later, Yugi's ex-parents found Yugi playing with some other children.  Yugi just happened to look up. He paled in fear when he saw the two people that he never wanted to see again.  Noticing Yugi's expression, the children and their parents knew that he did not want to go with these people.

"We finally found you ya little runt.  Prepare for the beating of your life," Mr. Motou said.

"I refuse to go with you," Yugi said fearfully.

"Oh, but you'll have no choice.  We are your parents.  We disowned you but now we have come to take you back," Mrs. Motou said.

Mr. Motou then tried to grab Yugi.  Yugi tried to get away, but his parents blocked his path.  Then he got into a fighter's stance just like Yami showed him.  Mr. Motou then lashed the whip and Yugi, but Yugi caught it.  But that wasn't a really good thing because Mr. Motou was stronger.  He pulled at the whip and soon had a tight grip around Yugi.  Yugi tried to scream, but his mouth was quickly covered.

"There's nothing you or anyone can do now," Mr. Motou said as he and Mrs. Motou left the village with an unwilling Yugi.

When Yugi's ex-parents were out of hearing range, one parent said to her child," Find Yami."

The little child nodded.  She then ran through the village.  The village was a large one.  Yami was in the center of the village talking with Hikari.

"So, how did you meet Yugi?" Hikari asked.

"It wasn't on the lightest of notes.  I rescued him from a gang of thugs.  He was badly hurt so I took him to my best friend Mai's house.  Mai is a healer," Yami responded.

Half an hour later, the little girl made it to the center of the village.  "Yami!  Yami!" she shouted out of breath.

Yami and Hikari turned and saw the little girl.

"There's...a...big...problem," the little girl said between pants.

"Whoa Small One, you need to catch your breath.  Then tell me what the problem is," Yami said.

It took half an hour for the little girl to completely catch her breath because she had been running as fast as she could.  Then she said, "The other kids and I were having a great time with Yugi when two people I never saw before came up to us.  The man had a whip in his hand.  It appeared that Yugi knew them.  The fear in his eyes was like none I've ever seen before.

The woman then said that she and the man used to be Yugi's parents.  Yugi tried to get away from them, but they blocked him.  The man tried to lash out at Yugi with the whip, but Yugi caught it.  But the man was stronger and easily took Yugi.  Then they left."

Yami's blood ran cold upon hearing that.  "Oh no," he said worriedly

"What is it?" Hikari asked.

"I found out firsthand about Yugi's former parents.  Several days ago at the marketplace in the Imperial Kingdom, I saw Yugi getting some groceries.  But he wasn't prepared for the suddden storm.  I had my parasol and secretly dropped it in front of him because I really don't use it anyway.  Then I secretly followed him how in case someone tried to attack him.

When he was safely inside his house, I prepared to leave.  But my instincts were telling me that something bad was about to happen.  My instincts have never been wrong so I stayed for a while longer.  They proved to be right again because I watched Yugi's former father beat up Yugi with a whip for no good reason," Yami responded.

"Well there's no time to lose then.  You must go now," Hikari said.

Yami was off into the sky the second after Hikari said that.  Hikari and the clan members that saw Yami take off  just stood there in shock and amazement.

'Hold on Yugi.  I'm on my way,' Yami though as he flew on to find and rescue Yugi.

Meanwhile, Yugi's former parents had taken Yugi deep into the forest.  They were deep in the forest, but a good distance away from the Fire clan.  Yugi's wrists and feet were bound tightly with a thick rope.

"Now you'll get the beating that I've waited to give you.  And no one is going to do anything about it," Mr. Motou said.  He then snapped his whip twice before lashing out at Yugi with it with more force than he would normally do.

The increased force of the whiplashes tore away at Yugi's clothing.  Yugi screamed in intense pain as the whip left deep gashes in his now bare skin.  His former parents just smirked in pleasure in hearing Yugi's screams.  They wanted to hear Yugi scream until he forever couldn't scream anymore.  It was now a race to save him.

Meanwhile, Yami was getting closer to the area where Yugi was being mercilessly beaten.  He was determined to stop Yugi's former parents.  About half an hour later, he could hear Yugi's cries of pain.  Hearing those excruciating cries only increased his anger.  He looked down and saw that he was right over the area where Yugi was being beaten.  He landed right behind a tree that was a few feet away.  Yugi was now fighting to stay conscious.

Yugi's former father was having a field day.  He was about to deliver the blow that would kill Yugi.  He reared back the whip, but he couldn't lash it out.  He tried tugging on it, but something held it back.  He looked back and into Yami's angry glare.

"Who the devil are you?" Mr. Motou asked.

"My name is of no concern to a heartless monster like you.  You're the one who's the devil," Yami responded angrily.

Mr. Motou treid to get the whip back from Yami, but Yami's grip was much stronger.  Yami ended up taking the whip from Mr. Motou.

"You won't be doing anymore harm with this," Yami said before throwing it up.  He quickly unsheathed his sword and sliced the whip in half as the whip came down.  He then sheathed his sword again

The halves of the now damaged whip fell to the ground.  Mr. Motou just looked angry with Yami.

"You'll pay for that you punk," Mr. Motou said, charging for Yami.  He only succeeded in running right into Yami's now extended fist.  He doubled over in pain because the fist was aimed at his stomach.  He recovered though and tried to punch Yami back.

Yami simply ducked or blocked all Mr. Motou's punches.  He didn't notice Mrs. Motou take Yugi and climb up the tallest tree in the forest.  She then sat on the edge of the branch.  Yami then removed his staff from his belt and joined the halves together.  Mr. Motou then took out a dagger and lunged at Yami with it.  Yami simply showed great skill and either dodged or blocked the dagger.

Yami then disarmed Mr. Motou yet again before delivering some quick justice on the man.  He first poked the monstrous man in the stomach before whacking the man in the face.  To finish the job, Yami planted his staff in the ground like a pole-vaulter would and kicked the man in the face.  Mr. Motou was on the ground unconscious.

"That takes care of him," Yami said.

"And I'll take care of the run," a female voice said.

Yami looked up.  Mrs. Motou was a little too high for him to see her.  But he could hear her loud and clear.

"Don't try to climb if you don't want me to drop the little runt.  With the injuries that he got, he'll die for sure when he hits the ground," Mrs. Motou continued.

Yami only smirked.  The woman was in for a big surprise.  He lifted off the ground and flew up towards where she was holding Yugi hostage.  He soon made it to where she was.  For a while, Mrs. Motou could only look in shock.  She wasn't expecting that Yami could fly.

"How are you able to fly?" Mrs. Motou demanded.

"You've lost your marbles if you think that I'm going to tell a demon like you," Yami retorted.

But Mrs. Motou would have herself to worry about.  She had unfortunately chosen the weakest branch on the tree to sit on, and it was starting to break.  She heard it first and mentally smirked.  Then she left Yugi on the branch and started climbing down the tree.

'What is she trying to do?' Yami thought.  He soon found out because then he heard the branch breaking.  Before he could react, the branch completely broke, sending Yugi plunging to the ground below.  "Yugi!" he cried.  He dove after Yugi and soon caught him Bridal style.  Then he landed on the ground.

Mr. Motou had regained consciousness and now had one half of the whip in his hand.  "You're going to pay for humiliating me you punk," he said before rearing the whip back.

Even though the whip had been sliced in half, the half was still long.  Yami unwrapped an arm from under Yugi's knees and held it straight out.  A small beam of aqua energy began to form.  Mr. Motou then lashed out the whip half.  A small beam of energy came out of Yami's extended hand and obliterated the whip half; then Yami destroyed the other whip half.  If Yugi had the energy, then he would've gasped after seeing that.  Yami then destroyed the dagger before Mr. Motou could pick it up.

Then Mr. Motou picked up Yami's staff and tried to pummel Yami with it.  But Yami expertly dodged every attack, making sure that Yugi didn't get hit either.  A few minutes later, Yami had had enough and front kicked the staff.  The staff fell out of Mr. Motou's hands.  Then Yami picked it up before separating it and putting it back on his belt.

In desperation, Mr. Motou lunged at Yami.  Yami did a reverse turning roundhouse kick at the man's face.  Mr. Motou went flying into one of the trees.  He wouldn't be regaining consciousness for a while.  Mrs. Motou didnt he first wise thing of her life by not doing anything else against Yami.

"This was only a warning.  Don't let me catch you anywhere near Yugi again.  He doesn't deserve to be related to you.  He deserves much better.  I could've done worse than I did already.  My samurai training taught me to control my emotions.  You should be thankful to my training because I showed you the one thing that you really don't deserve to be shown, especially after what you've done to Yugi, and that is mercy.  But if I find out about you doing something like this again, I might not be so merciful," Yami said before wrapping his arm back under Yugi's knees and flying into the air.

He flew swifly and made it back to the Moon clan's village in half an hour.  Hikari was waiting for him when he landed.  She was extremely worried upon seeing Yugi's broken and bruised body.  Yami gently laid Yugi on the ground before using his sword to remove the bloodied rope around Yugi's wrists and feet.  Then he gently lifted Yugi up again.

"Let's get him into my hut.  I have some healing herbs there," Hikari said.

Yami nodded and followed Hikari into the hut.  He then put Yugi down on the floor and let Hikari and some of the other clan members tend to Yugi.  Tears that he held back in his eyes were now falling freely.  'If I were a few minutes later in arriving, Yugi would've been killed.  I wasn't able to protect him this time,' he thought.

Hikari looked over and saw Yami crying.  She instructed the others to continue before walking over to him.  "What's wrong?" she asked.

"I wasn't able to protect him.  I gave him my word that I would.  But his former parents almost killed him," Yami responded through tears.

"You did protect him," Hikari said.

"How did I protect him?" Yami asked incredulously.

"You said it yourself.  They almost killed Yugi.  People are going to get hurt Yami.  But you didn't let those heartless people kill Yugi, and that is the ultimate way of protection," Hikari responded.

"Y...Yami?" a weak voice then asked.

Yami was immediately by Yugi's side.  I'm sorry for letting this happen to you.  I wasn't in time to protect you," he said.

"It's...not...your...fault...Yami.  You...saved...me.  My ex-parents...would've killed...me if...it wasn't...for...you," Yugi said weakly.

Yami smiled and gently hugged Yugi.  Yugi returned the hug as best he could in his current state.

"You...did...protect...me," Yugi weakly added.

"Save the little energy that you have.  It will take a while for you to completely recover," Hikari said before setting up a futon for Yami.  "You can stay here in my hut for the night.  Two of the clan's healers will stay in here as well."

"What about you?" Yami asked.

"I'll sleep in someone else's hut.  It really doesn't matter where anyone sleeps in this village," Hikari responded.

Yami nodded before gently placing Yugi back down.  'I'll make sure that this doesn't happen again.  When you're completely better Yugi, I'll start teaching you how to escape an attacker that has a grip on you,' he thought determinely before just watching over Yugi.



Well, here's the end of chapter 3.  Well, it appeared that Yami and Yugi had trouble on all sides didn't it?  Now you know what was the worst unwanted cause of trouble, Yugi's own former parents.  You will see more of them as the story progresses.  Moving right along, preview for Chapter 4: The Possessed Clan:  Yugi continues to recover from his almost deadly meeting with his parents.  Meanwhile, the most gentle clan in the country is the Wind clan.  But half of the members unknowingly venture out into another place that is infested with evil spirits and are possessed.  The possessed members of the Wind clan then attack their otherwise good friends of the Moon clan.  How will Yami be able to deal with this problem?  Stay tuned to find out.