Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The World Seen and Unseen ❯ Tale of Chaos ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu-Gi-Oh, alright?   A/N: Wow…I didn’t think people would like this very much!  Thanks!   World Seen and Unseen   Chapter 3: Tale of Chaos        “Now if you’ll permit me High Priests, I shall tell you what I know of Chaos…” the lady began, relaxing into her chair and motioned for her high priests to get more comfortable as well, seeing as how it would be a long story, “As I have told you, the world cannot exist without Chaos, so sealing it is all we can do…just as the world cannot exist without time.  However, time follows rules of its own as you know I do and time waits for no one, it must always keep moving, and freezing time as a whole, even for a short while can cause trouble.  As such, as time follows rules Chaos does not.”      “How can it?” High Priest Yugi asked as he gripped his brother’s arm, “How can Chaos not have rules?”      “Because that is the nature of Chaos…” she said, “Chaos has no bounds, no rules, Chaos just is…”      “I see…” he said, “Um…you can continue…sorry…”      “No, you all have a right to ask questions and I should not stop you because of the task I ask of you…” she said and he nodded.      “Thank you,” High Priest Yugi said and she nodded.      “Now…to continue…Chaos used to not be as bad…but as the world grew…expanded and people gained newer technologies…it grew bigger…as more as Chaos thought was needed to keep balance in the world.  I couldn’t control it…and so a fight began… countless towns and villages, destroyed…cities turned to ruins,” she said, and it almost seemed a tear was coming to her eye, “You were too young to understand…all of you, barely awakening to your own potential…”      “I remember the village I grew up in, destroyed,” Katsuya said softly, “Rebuilding took so long…”      “Yes, that happened…and so many lives were lost,” the lady said, “I was forced to awaken all my abilities for a long, hard, struggle against Chaos.  Our battle began…and Chaos struck first…”   FLASH        “NO!” she exclaimed, barely slipping into the fabrics of time as Chaos spread a wave of power across the plains, destroying everything, “This has to end!”      “What can you do?” Chaos asked, “Time does not control my realm…die!  Your reign is done…all that shall remain is ME!”      “I cannot allow that,” she said, “I should have done this a long time ago…”      “And that was your own fault…you foolish child!  I have existed long before you!” it crowed and she dug her hand into her shoulder, feeling blood wet her fingers.      “Of which I give, I give freely, BLADES OF BLOOD!” she exclaimed, sending an attack fiercely towards it.  It dodged and laughed a deep…maddening laugh that flooded her senses.      “I existed without time before…do not fear, I can do it again!” it exclaimed and shot another wave towards the lady and she could not block it or escape in time!  Her breathing grew shorter as she felt life leave her… ‘No…I cannot give up yet…I must…’   FLASH        “What did you do?” High Priest Seto asked, “How did you seal Chaos?”      “I weaved a spell…a spell I could only use once…I tapped into the cosmos…the planetary alignment…a spell that was my last hope…the power of eternity…” she explained.      “The Eternal Crystal…” High Priest Yami said, eyes wide, “I thought…”      “That it was only a legend?” she asked, “No…it was not…but I could only use it once and it cost me my sight…”
     “M’lady?” they all asked in unison.      “You knew that I was blind…this was just the cause…” she said, not a hint of sadness in her voice, “I gave up little in my opinion for Chaos had been beaten…sealed within the fabrics of time…unable to affect all but some of life then…people sowed new fields, towns were rebuilt…and slowly this world recovered from its loss…”      “I remember…smoke and ash…and fire,” Seto said, “My village lay in ruin…nothing I could have done… I had not been strong enough to protect it!”      “You saved a few…” she said comfortingly.      “If my training had been any farther I could have saved them all!” he exclaimed, standing and putting a hand on his head, “So much death…”      “So now you know…” she said and lowered her head, “Will you still continue with the task I have assigned you?”      “Chaos will not be allowed to destroy anything again M’lady, you may bet on it!” Katsuya said with a grin on his face, “I’m not going to let it do anything!”      “We’re with you,” High Priests Yugi and Yami said in unison.  Ryou and Bakura nodded in agreement as did Seto.      “This has to end…I won’t allow any villages of mine to go to ruin,” he said, a determined note in his voice.      “Then go and start planning…preparing…and come back to me in five months time, I believe that should be enough…” she said, “Chaos still cannot do much…but time is precious…as it always has been…”      “Do you wish the avatars…?” High Priest Yugi began.      “They will return with you,” she stated, “They may be useful...they are quite smart in their own way…”      “Perhaps,” Seto said, “But we are meant to watch over them…returning without them would break the covenant we made with the protectors…”      “I am certain that you two…” the lady said, glaring specifically at Marik and Malik, “Will do your best that until Chaos has been sealed you will behave yourselves…”  She particularly emphasized ‘until Chaos has been sealed’ partially because she knew that she couldn’t stop them fighting completely, only for a certain period of time.      “As you wish, we shall try,” both replied in unison.      “Then I shall call your avatars out…” she said, “And I wish you the best…may the protectors be with you…”   TBC   A/N: Well, I’m keeping the chapters short to give a small sense of drama…that and I don’t want people to loose interest!  Anyways, review please, just don’t flame!