Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Through the Eyes of a Dog ❯ Names and Ages ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THROUGH THE EYES OF A DOG

By Starflower Sakura

 

DISCLAIMER: *starts humming* Guess what?!! I just got permission from Kazuki Takahashi-san that I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!! Wait… I already knew that I don't own it… -.-;;

 

To readers/reviewers: *sniffs* You are too kind! *smiles happily* Some of you wondered what kind of dog Baku-chan turned into, ne? The description is a small, white, fluffy dog! And the winner of this "Which Dog Did Baku Turn Into?" contest is… the Maltese! They're really cute!! I thought Bakura would look cute as one so… I made him one! The Maltese are also glamorous show dogs! *grins* Hmm… I wonder… I could always make Ryou make Bakura-chan enter a dog show! That'll be funny! But even if I do write it, it definitely isn't going to be in this chapter so I should really stay on task. Here's the next chapter, minna!

________________________________________________________________ __________________

 

Through the Eyes of A Dog

Chapter 2 - Names and Age

 

"So... what should I name it?" Ryou asked, petting the now conscious "pet."

 

"How about `Bak-` Ow..." Marik exclaimed as Yami nudged him hard in the ribs.

 

"What were you about to say?" Ryou asked.

 

"Err… baka! I was about to say baka!" Marik exclaimed.

 

"Baka? It's… err… a nice name," Ryou began, not wanting to hurt Marik's feeling, "But I was thinking about naming it Bakura. How does that sound?" Ryou asked cheerfully.

 

Yami and Marik laughed nervously, while Bakura used his ears to cover his eyes. Bakura was already secretly told by Marik and Yami about his predicament. He wasn't sure he was liking this. It really isn't something to like when you're in a form of a tiny dog, and you have to convince your hikari to kiss you. He tried the mind link, hoping that it would work, but it failed for Ryou was perfectly unaware that he was trying to contact him.

 

"I don't think that the Tomb Robber would like to have a dog named after him..."

 

Bakura nodded feverishly. Firstly, he would not like to know that if Ryou really ever did get a dog, he would name it after him. It was degrading! Secondly, it would bring Ryou much to close to the truth and he didn't intend to stay in this form for quite that long.

 

Ryou bit his lower lip softly in thought, "I guess you're right. So what should I name him?"

 

"I know!!" Malik exclaimed.

 

"What do you have in mind, Malik?" Yugi asked.

 

"How about Yukio?"

 

"Yukio? What does that name mean?" Ryou asked.

 

"It somewhat translates to, "Gets what he wants." And since Bakura gave it to you, it might have some bit of Bakura's personality in him."

 

Ryou moaned, "I'd rather not have him have any of Bakura's personality. One Bakura is enough, but to know that my koinu will be anything like him is heartbreaking."

 

Bakura barked in protest.

 

Well, you'll have quite a heartbreak when you find out who this "koinu" really is! Bakura thought angrily.

 

"I think he's agreeing with you, Ryou-kun," Yugi said, smiling at the barking puppy.

 

Ryou smiled, picked Bakura off the floor, and hugged him close.

 

"Well, I do like the sound of Yukio and we can call him Yuki for short. Yuki could either mean snow or luck and I think that my little Yukio reminds me of both."

 

"How so?"

 

"His fur is definitely as white as snow and I feel luckier and happier because he's here," Ryou responded with a smile.

 

"Okay, then! Now since we have the name, should we go start shopping for food and toys and things like that?" Malik asked, quite excited.

 

Suddenly Malik turned on Marik and exclaimed, "Why can't you be as nice as Ryou's yami?! I want a puppy, too! If I send you on vacation would you get me one?"

 

Marik sighed at his hikari, "No, Malik. I would not get you a puppy because I'm not leaving."

 

Malik turned away in a huff with over exaggerated anger. Marik sweat dropped slightly. Silence reigned over the Bakura household where everybody was currently in as nobody knew what to say after that little episode that just happened.

 

"Um… how about we go shopping?"

 

"I'm not going!" Marik and Yami exclaimed, remembering the last time they went.

 

It wasn't a wonderful memory considering that they were attracting lots of stares from people. Why? They still didn't know. It had something to do with the fact that you weren't suppose to go around yelling at people being rude to you since you were an Egyptian pharaoh or in Marik's case, future ruler of the world. Malik and Yugi looked at each other and agreed in their mind that they didn't need another incident like that again.

 

"Okay, you don't have to go," Yugi said.

 

"You can stay home and take care of Yuki!" Malik grinned. "If that alright with you, Ryou?"

 

"It's quite alright. We wouldn't be taking long anyways."

 

Marik and Yami exchanged unnoticed looks and stared at the glaring puppy. Then they thought about the horrors of shopping and nodded eagerly.

 

+++++++

 

"Hey, Bakura… how does it feel to be a "cute, little, puppy?" Marik asked.

 

Bakura answered with a bite of Marik's finger causing him to scream him pain, Yami to laugh hysterically and Bakura to grin cockily, or as much as a dog can at least.

 

"What Bakura means, I think," Yami started, after regaining his composure, "is that it bites."

 

Marik glared at him when he started to choke uncontrollably again. He turned to face Bakura who was sitting next to him with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Marik turned his glare onto Bakura who looked unfazed and soon seemed rather bored.

 

"Try that again and I'll tell Ryou your little secret!" Marik threatened.

 

Bakura growled low in his throat and looked ready to pounce on Marik with a "You'll-be-dead-before-you-can-tell" look in his eyes.

 

Marik raised an eyebrow at the stance Bakura was in.

 

"Sheesh, I was kidding Tomb Robber," Marik said, slowly smirking, "After all, I still need you to defeat the arrogant Pharaoh so I can take over the world."

 

"You wish. To us, you're a mere child Marik," Yami retorted, folding his arms across his chest.

 

"True. So I shouldn't call you Pharaoh and Tomb Robber anymore… You," Marik announced suddenly, pointing at Yami, grinning wildly, "could be my Great-great-great-great-great and some more greats Grandfather! Hell, both of you can! You two are ancient! No, you are prehistoric!"

 

This time it was Yami's turn to glare. He looked absolutely miffed. Who wouldn't after being called ancient?

 

"I'm not that old!" Yami argued while Bakura barked in agreement.

 

"Uh-huh… 3000 years old isn't ancient…" Marik said, positively pleased with himself that he could make the Pharaoh lose his composure over something so trivial.

 

They all promptly got into a glaring contest. Well, Bakura and Yami got into a glaring contest with Marik who was currently losing. You can't expect him to win when he has two people to glare and there's only one of him, do you?

 

"We're back!" came a cheerful voice from the door that was easily recognized as Yugi.

 

"What are they doing?"

 

"I think Yukio and Yami are glaring at Marik…" Ryou answered, wondering slightly about this weird dilemma.

 

Since when can cute, little, sweet, puppies glare anyways? The hikaris looked at each other and at the glaring contest that was currently residing in the living room, shrugged, and started chatting animatedly while making their way towards the kitchen.

 

To be continued…

________________________________________________________________ __________________

 

Okay… that was weird… *sweatdrops* I love this story, but I was more planning for the middle than for the beginning… The middle is where all the action is! Sort of… ^-^;; This is a little short, don't you think? Oh well… as long as I update no one complain! I rarely have the time anyways. Hope you liked it.

 

- Starflower Sakura