Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ To Save An Angel ❯ Your hired ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Your Hired!

~Seto's P.O.V~

I watched as she ran up to her room. The news hit hard the reaction was that of when a relative died. She had sat down asking why the two of us looked so miserable. I didn't want her to know, I wanted to protect her from something like this like I had done last night but that wasn't possible. Once the news had been told she had froze just froze. At first I thought she had passed out but that wasn't true for she suddenly stood tears pouring from her eyes and ran upstairs. I looked at the old man not quite sure what to do he returned my look and said, "You should go and talk to her she trusts you." I nodded my head I walked up the stairs after her.

She was in her room head buried in her pillow with the kitten lying next to her looking confused at what had just happened. "Please go away…I don't want to `talk' right now." I looked at her feeling worse then I had ever felt. I sat down on the edge of the bed and took the kitten in my arms and began to stroke it behind the ears. "What's its name?" I know it was a stupid question but it was all I had. She was still sobbing and figured she wasn't going to answer me when she turned over on her side and stared at me with her big sad green eyes. "Schwartz" she said in almost a whisper.

I put the cat down and lay down next to her, wrapping one arm around her waist and using the other to stroke her cheek. She looked up at me then snuggled closer resting her head on my chest still crying. And we stayed like that for about half an hour her safe in my arms and me keeping her from any evil that might hurt her. "Your grandfather and I talked and we decided that it would be safer for you to stay with me at my house for a while, just in case he decides to come after you." She looked up at me, she had stopped crying but she might as well have been her eyes were still sad and scared and she still whimpered once in a while.

"Are you sure you want me to I mean what if he tries to hurt you our your brother? I would die if one of you got hurt because of me and I just can't stand…" I placed my finger on her lips to keep her from talking. "Look no ones going to hurt anyone I promise. I promise you…my angel." I couldn't believe I had said that!!! She was going to think I'm a complete dork now god I hate me and my feelings I hate them all darn… "Really Seto? I'm your angel?" she was smiling now her eyes seemed to have more of their life back in them. I smiled, I had put the smile on her face I had brought the sparkle back into her eyes…it was me all me. I smiled down at her nodding my head "Yes you're my angel and nothing will ever hurt you like he has again." I felt her relax in my arms then jump out of them and begin to scurry around the room. "What are you staring at silly? I have to pack don't I?" I smiled at her "That was a quick recovery."

~Janie's point of view~

I walked around the room, Seto had taken me out to lunch and during that time he had had his crew design her room. It was a beautiful color of pale green that went with my eyes. I twirled around till I fell onto the soft and fuzzy shag carpet that was pearl white. I smiled remembering the peaceful little lunch I had had with Seto.

He had taken me to a quiet little café on the corner where we had eaten outside and watched as cars drove by and couples passed giggling amongst themselves. It had been absolutely charming and so was Seto. In one day I had seen him change completely, he smiled more, spoke kindly, and laughed I mean really laughed. It wasn't cruel or insulting it was happy and sweet and made me smile like an idiot. Why couldn't be like that more often? I mean why didn't he let people see how nice he really was…

Bring! Bring! I walked over and picked up the phone. "Hello." I said sounding way to cheery but hey I was cheery. "I need to speak to mister Kaiba little girl so if you would tell him to answer the phone now then I can get back to work." Said the woman on the other line. She spoke through her nose and used no kindness at all. "Well would you hurry along twerp I don't have all day!" That was it no one insulted me and got away with it! I smirked and gave her my reply. "You know ma'am it's funny how someone so rude could be working for someone like Seto. In fact he's mentioned you before says your just awful, that you can't do your job to save your life." "I have had quite enough from you, you little wench. I'll just call his cell!" "No that won't be necessary, you see there's been a slight change in the program you see you've been let go." She was silent I almost burst out laughing. The bitch got what she deserved and I got the satisfaction of giving it to her. "Toodles!" I said in my cheery voice and hung up.

I smiled to myself feeling very triumphant. Then it hit me…I had just fired someone who didn't even work for me! What was Seto gonna say? I was way screwed. Suddenly in walked a grinning Mokuba. "Man you're in for it." He said his smirk still plastered to his face. It took a minute for everything to register but once it did I smirked right back at him. "You little snoop you were listening in." "Yep and might I say bravo on your part. But how ya gonna tell Seto." I looked at him and gave the only answer I could give… "I'm gonna to say exactly what happened and apologize." "Well then you better have your speech ready cause dinner is served."

Screw…

~Seto's point of view~

I had been sitting there for 5 minutes and still no one had come down for dinner. "Hey Seto!" I smiled looking up at Mokuba who was followed by a very nervous Janie. "Hello Janie that top looks very nice on you." It was the Blue Eyes White Dragon shirt that I had bought specially for her on our way home. She looked great in it but the flush on her face looked awful. As we sat down and began dinner I looked to Janie. "Hey Janie are you feeling okay? You look like you're about to be sick." "Um well I kinda did something and um well Seto…"

"Mr. Kaiba there's a Ms.Foss here to see you." I rolled my eyes god didn't that woman have a life that doesn't just consist of ruining my day? "Tell her that I'm eating and that I'll be at the office tomorrow so whatever it is can wait." "I'll tell her- "Where is he! I demand to speak with him!" She stormed into the room obviously pissed and completely and totally red. I turned to Janie who looked like she was about to pass out right into her soup. "Ms.Foss I don't have time right now and your little rage is disturbing Mokuba and Janie." The minute I said Janie's name she turned her beady little eyes right at her. "That's the little bitch that fired me!!!" "Ms. Foss you will shut your mouth and stop insulting my guests. Now what's all this about you being fired?" "That little bitch got her panties in a knot and told me I was fired!" "Ms. Foss don't make me say it again. I will not let you insult my guests. And well about this whole fired thing, I turned to look at Janie who was panic stricken then back at that pig of a women, I've been meaning to get around it and I have already found your replacement so that was her first job. Now if you will go clean off what was your desk and leave my house and not come back then you will receive your paycheck shortly."

"I'm fired?" "Yes you are, now leave so that I may continue on with my dinner." She just stood there frozen barely even blinking. "Jason would you assist her in getting to the door?" "Yes sir." I then returned to my soup waiting for Janie to say something. "Um…Seto?" "Yes Janie?" "Did you just hire me?" "I think I did. I mean I hate going through interviews so I figured I'd just hire you. That's not a problem is it?" she smiled right at me her eyes gleaming with that hint of mischief. "That works just fine. Now I can hire and fire and not feel guilty." "And you two can kiss and make out anytime you want!" said Mokuba who then ran out of the room giggling all the way.

~Normal point of view~

The room went silent and the two teens just stared at each other blushing madly. "Um well I better iron my clothes for school and um thanks for the t-shirt it's really cute. Toodles!" And with that Janie bounded out of the room still blushing.

Seto sat there in silence for a couple of minutes not sure of what was going on. To think that only a couple of days ago she was just another annoying peer who didn't know the meaning of shut up, and now as he sat there it finally registered…he couldn't live without her. He needed her there smiling, laughing, chatting mindlessly, and most of all making him feel all warm inside. She made him complete, she made him better.

And now more then ever he wanted to be close to her. closer then he had ever been to her. Because he Seto Kaiba had fallen in love.

Well that's it for chapter four hope ya'll liked it! I'm already working on chapter five so be patient. And please R&R :D!!

~Kogas_lover~