Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ To Tell You ❯ Thursday ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi woke to his alarm the next morning and he could think of nothing better to throw it against a wall, but chose against it and shut it off instead. He grumbled tiredly as he shifted under his covers before rolling out of the bed and throwing on his school uniform, packing up his homework into his bag afterwards.

Yami met him downstairs for a quick breakfast before they headed out to school. And, as usual, met up with their friends at the front gate. At their locker Yugi decided it was either going to be now or never. "Yami…could you…." Right as the words left his mouth the PA system called his name and told him to go to the office immediately.

Yami chuckled and ruffled his hair, wishing him good luck before leaving.

He nodded and watched out of the corner of his eye as Yami started walking away with a few friends Yugi didn't know.

Yugi felt like screaming, but once again he thought better against it. Everything was against him. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be that he tell Yami that he loved him.

He dragged his feet all the way to the office. When he opened the door the secretary smile apologetically at him.

"I'm sorry, dear. It was a mistake. You were at your last class yesterday and somebody said you had ditched it."

Yugi nodded as his eye twitched in complete irritation and he left for the bathroom. Making sure nobody was in the stall he locked the door and put his backpack to his mouth, sucking in a deep breath and screamed as loud as he could.

He left the bathroom a few minutes later, in time for his class just as the bell rang.

After the class he met Yami at his locker, but the spirit of the puzzle couldn't talk long because he had to ask one of his teachers something before they left for a doctor's appointment and a sub took their spot.

Yugi walked slowly to his next class and didn't pay attention to what the teacher said as he wallowed in his own self-pity. He got the homework assignment from somebody next to him before he left. He was like that all day and at lunch he stared out the window of the barren classroom looking for Yami. He found him, but he was surrounded by a bunch of girls who claimed they loved him and were going to marry him someday.

Sensing somebody behind him he turned around and looked up to see Malik and Ryou looking at him sympathetically.

"What's up, guys?" He asked with false cheerfulness.

Malik sighed at Yugi's obviously fake attitude. "Cut the crap, Yugi. Our yamis want to talk to you and you better not try anything stupid like you're doing with us."

Yugi was a bit taken aback, but nodded unconsciously at them.

Malik turned and called for Bakura and Marik to come in then. Malik and Ryou then left the room to leave their darker selves to their own devices with their friend.

Marik smirked at him and sat himself down on top of Yugi's desk, Bakura took the desk next to Yugi and nodded a small hello with the same sadistic smirk that was always was on his face. The spirit of the Ring's eyes glinted evilly and Yugi instantly became nervous at seeing it.

"Our hikaris have informed us of some very interesting news, young Yugi. It seems as though you have fallen in love with the high and mighty Pharaoh, but every time you try telling him something else always ruins it. Is that right?" Marik smirked mischievously.

Yugi blushed and stole a glance out the window and the two yamis instantly looked over too. Bakura chuckled with the confirmation that their hikaris were right. Yugi nodded.

Bakura ruffled his hair playfully and Marik chuckled. "Well, that's why we're here. Yugi, we're going to help you."

Yugi's eyes widened and he shook his head quickly. "No! I don't want your help! No offense, guys. I know you probably mean well but in all honesties you'll end up making it a big mess. You know Yami still doesn't get along with you very well and I don't want him getting suspicious over it or anything like that."

The two yamis looked at each but nodded just the same, knowing the youngest hikari was right. "Well, we wish you luck then." They grabbed their bags and walked out of the classroom silently.

Yugi sighed and silently thanked them for their offer anyway.

~~

After school Yugi and Yami walked home together.

"So what did the office want, Yugi?" Yami asked about halfway.

Yugi shrugged. "Nothing, it was just a mistake. They thought I wasn't at my last class yesterday."

Yami laughed. "Those people in there are a bunch of bakas." Yugi agreed.

Arriving home the duo went upstairs to finish off their homework. Yugi knew that if he finished first he could wait for Yami to finish and then he could tell him how he felt; he didn't think it would be a very cool way to tell him if he was still doing his homework after all. As it was though, Yami finished first and went downstairs to cook something for them to eat.

At dinner Yami looked up at Yugi suspiciously. "Why have you been so quiet?"

Yugi opened his mouth and the telephone rang. He stood and silently made his way over to the phone, ready to kill who was on the other line. "Hello?"

"Did you say anything yet?" An excited Marik asked on the other side.

"No." He drawled, annoyed that the insane yami had the nerve to ask something like that. He hung up before Marik could say anything else. When he returned to the kitchen the table was cleared and water upstairs had just started; Yami was taking his shower.

He slouched and dragged himself over to the couch and plopped down on it. He picked up the remote and turned the TV on.

"No, don't leave me Johnny! I love you too much!" A girl screamed.

"I have to Cherry." The man name Johnny told her. "The world needs me. Don't wait up for me, sweetheart. I'll probably end up dying anyway."

Yugi changed the channel.

"Darla, could I please have the honor of kissing you?"

"Oh, Charlie!" A girl threw herself onto the man.

Yugi growled and changed the channel once more.

The girl was crying as she watched the man who was kneeling on down on one knee with a ring held out to her.

"Clarisse, would you please Mary me?"

Yugi pushed the off button and threw the remote onto the floor. It seemed like every channel had something about love and romance on it. He stood and stomped upstairs in irritation. He hurried into the bathroom when he saw that Yami was in the bedroom and took his own shower before going to bed.