Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ To Tell You ❯ Saturday ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everybody, here's the last chapter. I hope you enjoy and….

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE NEXT FIC PLACED AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER!! Thank you.

~~

Yugi awoke early the next morning to the sound of someone knocking lightly on his window. Looking over he was surprised to see Malik waving at him enthusiastically. He hurried over as quietly as he could and looked on the ground and saw Ryou also waving up at him when he was seen with an innocent smile on his face like always. He looked back at Malik to see him pointing at the front door before the Egyptian jumped down from the tree he was in to meet him.

The teen rushed downstairs silently and opened the door for his friends, all traces of sleep had seemed to vanish.

Malik smirked. "We've got a lot to do today, Yugi. What are you doing still asleep in bed? Let's go." He pulled Yugi by the arm outside and dragged him down the street. Ryou only shook his head at his friend's antics and closed the front door for Yugi. The way Malik was acting about their whole plan he could tell he wasn't going to remember any time soon that Yugi was only clad in pajamas bottoms at the moment. He gave one last chuckle before running to catch up with them.

Only half an hour later Yugi was once more being dragged to the game shop by an still ever enthusiastic Malik and a giggling albino following after him. Malik gave him a light shove up the stairs while he moved into the kitchen to place one of the notes they'd prepared for Yami at his place.

"Go get some better clothes on. Seriously, Yugi, did you really want to tell Yami you love him in nothing more than pajamas?" Malik scolded.

Yugi was about to argue but a shake of the head from Ryou had him moving up the stairs silently. He grabbed some clothes as quietly as he could and went downstairs to change into them.

Malik grabbed his hand once he emerged from his grandpa's bedroom and pulled him towards the door. "The note's setup in the perfect spot for Yami to see it. Let's hurry before he wakes up and sees us here."

~~

Yami woke about an hour later and was surprised to see that Yugi wasn't still asleep. `He usually sleeps in on a Saturday. He must be watching cartoons or something downstairs.'

He went downstairs after dressing into warmer clothes and easily noticed a folded piece of fader on the table. He picked it up and unfolded it, immediately noticing it wasn't Yugi's handwriting, but he decided to read it anyway just in case.

"Answer the riddle

And go where it says

To find your surprise

We'll start with something easy:

What's black and white

With writing all over?

To relax on the green

With trees all surrounding?" Yami read.

Yami looked at the riddle once more, knowing the first answer was easily a newspaper. He thought harder on the second question and the only thing he came up with was a bench in the park since there were trees and other greenery all around. He pulled on a jacked and stuffed the note in a pocket before heading out and locking the door.

Ryou smiled from behind his bush and pulled out his walkie-talkie. "Yami's left the game shop. I'll follow him to make sure he goes to the park."

"Good, we'll be watching from behind the oak tree." Malik answered back, his voice full of static.

"Okay." He stuffed the walkie-talkie back into his bag and hurried after the yami.

~~

Yami ran into the park and looked around before he saw the one thing that must've been waiting for him: a park bench with a newspaper sitting on it, a brick covering it so it wouldn't blow away.

He looked around to see if something else would happen, but when nothing did he picked up the brick to see if there were an article or something he was supposed to read. Before he could start looking though another note came into view underneath the brick. He picked it up and it read:

"What comes out at night

But can be seen in the day

with help from a ray?"

Yami thought for a second before coming to the conclusion that stars and the moon obviously came out at night and also some animals as well. He didn't know how a ray could help find animals unless it was the ray of a flashlight, but he decided to think a bit longer.

Thinking a bit harder he remembered a trip he took with Yugi and his science class a couple years back and they went to an auditorium. It had a huge telescope and they used rays too look at the stars during the day.

Yami snapped his fingers and ran for the auditorium, curious to find out what his little Yugi and possibly his friends were up to.

Malik smirked when he saw Yami snap his fingers and start running. He looked around for Ryou and saw him wave before running after Yami.

"I'll make sure he finds it." Ryou's voice crackled over the walkie-talkie.

"Good. I'll head over to the last spot to see how Yugi's holding up then." Malik told him before stuffing the talkie into his bag and running off in a different direction.

~~

Yami gasped for breath as he entered the large auditorium. He met up with Bakura and Marik inside and he demanded to know what was going on.

The two yamis just laughed at him and handed him another note. Grumbling, he opened it and read what it saw:

"You're at the last test

And you've come this far,

What has one eye but

No nose or mouth?"

Yami looked around for a minute before realizing he'd heard a riddle that sounded like another he heard of the answer being the Mississippi River. He thought again and then the answer was obvious to him: river; a river had one `eye' but no nose or mouth.

He smirked and ran out the door, nearly running into an old couple, and headed towards the river. He headed towards the bridge and came to a stand still, not seeing anything that would resemble a surprise to him. Nobody was there to meet him and there wasn't another not to read either.

He nearly jumped when he heard somebody behind him start to recite another riddle.

"What I give to you

is something read

and had its own holiday.

Celebrated once a year

In the third of winter."

Yami turned around to face Yugi. He repeated the riddle in his head, but all that came to him was Valentine's Day since it was the third month of winter and it's celebrated once a year. `But if the answer was Valentine's Day than that would mean that the thing that's red is a heart. But why would Yugi give me a heart?' Not understanding, he asked if it was a heart and Yugi nodded, a small blush covering his cheeks.

"Yes, Yami. I give you a heart…my heart." Yugi swallowed painfully. "See Yami, you've had it all along actually. I gave it to you because….because I love you." He whispered the last part, his blush deepening.

Yami swallowed around the large lump in his throat and slumped on the ground, not caring if dirt got all over him. "Could you repeat that?"

Yugi nodded and repeated what he had confessed.

"You love me?"

Yugi nodded. "I've been trying to tell you all week, but something's always happened or got in the way. Malik and Ryou came up with all this," he gestured his hand around for emphasis, "and we set up the notes after they came to wake me up at about five this morning. I've been waiting here for you since about 5.30 figuring out how I was going to say this to you."

Yami stood up and smiled at Yugi. "Wow, Yugi. And all this time I've been….well, I…. I love you too, Yugi. I never knew how to tell you so I just kept my mouth shut and have been waiting for any sign that you've felt the same."

Yugi blushed and looked up to Yami to see him leaning down.

The new couple's lips came together for the first time and they definitely knew that it wouldn't ever be the last time either. Just the first for a long line of loving kisses to come.

~~

Well there's the end. Just like I told you at the beginning it was only going to be seven chapters. Also, as I said in the beginning, this was based on a true story so yes, those riddles actually happened and they were originally written like that. I thought it was really sweet.

I want to thank my two friends, the adorably sweet couple who I won't mention their names since they didn't want me to, for letting me put up their kawaii story. You guys are adorable together!!!!

Well, I guess you all know what this means too. Voting time!!!

Unexpected Love - Marik's jealous, Bakura's lonely, Ryou is saddened and confused, and Malik can't see this because he's trying to find out if he really loves Ryou or not

It was just a Game - Yugi is just a regular teen going through the regular problems. He's got great friends and a girlfriend he would never give up. What happens when his world is turned around by an unexpected visitor and in a weird arrival? It was just a game until a strange power surge made one of the characters in Yugi's favorite game a reality

Out at Sea - Inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean; Bakura's a captain of his ship, The Sennen, along with his two top mates, Marik and Yami. Bakura kidnaps Ryou in order to keep from being killed from Ryou's father, the governor of the island, and Yugi and Malik follow for their own reasons.

Train Ride - Story kind of like the movie On the Line

Love is Unexplainable - Yami and Yugi are twin brothers who get separated when they're babies. They meet up again in high school and they fall in love with each and are very happy with each other until Yami's parents (both of their parents) tell Yami he can't date Yugi anymore and they tell him that Yugi's really his twin brother that he was separated from when they were babies.