Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tomb-Scape ❯ Tourising ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Equilla: Last time on Tomb Scape
Mokuba: Marik and Yugi head to town, so Yugi could go to the doctors, while Yami and Malik stayed behind to look for Ryou and Bakura.
Equilla: and now the story countinues
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
Yugi watched the scenery go by interested in all the different buildings and tourist attractions go by as they travelled to the near by city. Marik shook his head laughing lightly at his friend's enthusiasm in the scenery that had become so normal to him.
“I can't believe that Yami grew up with this in it's peak,” Yugi gasped watching it all pass by.
“Some of this would have been under sand when he was alive,” Marik replied reading a book.
“I hope that they are ok without us,” Yugi mused looking back towards Marik.
“I'm sure they will be fine,” he reassured, about to say something but stopped seeing a boy approach them on the bus.
 
The Egyptian male was not much taller then Marik, and his tanned young face looked like that of a boy in their late teens.
“Excuse me,” the boy asked in a broken English, “could I sit with you. Other seats on the bus are taken?”
Yugi nodded with a grin, “of course, I'm Yugi and this is Marik.”
The boy nodded sitting, “Yes, I see Marik working around, you are one of those who arrived today.”
“Yeah that's us,” Marik said a little put off that the boy knew more about them they knew about him, “I don't remember seeing you much.”
“I am one of the hired helpers,” the boy replied bowing his head in respect, “My name is Khalid Re…'akire.”
Khalid had paused in the middle of saying his last name looking back at the brunette who was furisously, and loudly typing away at the back of the us.
 
Marik looked over his shoulder and rolled his eyes, “that's Kiaba, don't worry he is always like that. Actually I kinda forgot Seto was here he has been staying so out of the way.”
Yugi nodded also looking back at the concentrating CEO before turning back to their new friend, “why are you heading into town?”
“Work has stopped, and I was hungry,” Khalid replied simply.
“How about you come to lunch with us,” Yugi perked, “I'm sure Marik would like companionship when I'm getting my arm looked at.”
Before Marik protested about Yugi's use of the word `companionship' Khalid agreed to spend the day with him.
 
As Yugi had his arm looked at, the waiting room contained an unsettled silence. Marik watched Khalid, who was engulfed in reading a magazine on local news. Marik didn't mind that Yugi had invited Khalid to go with them, he knew it meant that it was even less likely that Yugi would be sold fake items when Marik was distracted. But he was looking forward to be able to be his friends' tour guides, at least he would still be able to be Ryou's guide, when he was able to be found again.
 
“So,” Marik commented breaking the silence, “where do you live?”
“In the apartments, low priced area,” Khalid replied placing down the magazine, to which Marik nodded not really understanding the area of housing, having moved into a nice sized house with his brother and sister in the cooler northern area of eygpt.
“Where you going to show Yugi around the tourist area of the city?” Khalid inquired.
Marik nodded as Yugi came out smiling from the doctors office.
“What did they say?” Marik asked noting that Yugi's arm remained only wrapped in bandages, now also with a stiff wrist guard on it.
“Only badly sprained,” Yugi chirped happily, “Should be off in less then a month.”
 
“Yami you have checked that place from top to bottom, face it they are never going to be seen again,” Malik sneered enjoying Yami's stressed looking.
“Maybe they are in the shadow realm,” Yami musesd thinking as he looked around the now empty chamber.
“For crying out loud, will you at least give it a break if we look there,” Malik moaned, half sick of having to follow the pharaoh around, as he got scolded everythime he didn't.
Yami nodded disappearing from view, and Malik soon followed after him.
 
Marik and Khalid raced after Yugi from stall to stall in the tourist packed streets. Having escaped fro their watchful eyes once again, Yugi was gazing amazed at a small statue of a pharaoh sitting on a thrown, wondering if Yami would appreciate it for a gift.
“It is an original piece and is bound to bring good luck to the single who buys the beautiful exact replica of a statue kept away from public eyes in the cairo museum,” the shop keeper proded Yugi, in hopes of getting the boy to buy the over priced clay item.
Before Yugi could reach his purse Khalid found him and picked up the statuette, “you say that this is a replica from a statue in the museum.”
The shopkeeper nodded nervously, not liking having someone nose in on his business transaction. Yugi looked to Khalid, hoping that maybe he would have actually finaly found something worth buying, as Marik came up behind them.
Khalid shook his head putting the statuette back down and ushering Yugi away from the stall, “the clothing isn't that of a pharaoh, and the crown is in the wrong context with the descriptions.”
 
As Marik and Khalid walked Yugi back to the more trustworthy shops the stallkeeper glared at them, before turning to pull in a new customer.
“You know a lot about the ancient art styles,” Marik commented.
“Well, working around the dig site you start to pick up on thing, especially with the way that all the foreign archaeologists talk about things,” Khalid replied with a smile causing Marik to laugh slightly.
Yugi looked from one to the other, not understanding it completely, “where did Seto go?”
 
“Pharoah he isn't around here, give up already,” Malik moaned already sick of Yami's search in the shadow realm, having already checked up on the souls he had trapped in the shadow realm.
Yami turned glaring on Malik, “you are pathetic. You get along with Bakura the most, I thought your would at least try to be finding him so you can torture me together.”
Malik scoughed and looked towards the sound of a strange noise. Hearing it as well Yami started carefully towards the direction of the odd sound. Out of pure curiosity Malik followed and stopped shocked next to the pharaoh, as they stared at the same strange occurrence before them.
 
The shadow realm was twisting and turning, wilting away from the brown fog growing with great intensity and sending out a strange sense of doom from it.
“This definantly can't be good, we have to find Bakura,” Yami commented to the still open mouthed fellow eygptian, who nodded in complete agreement dumbly.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bakura spun around glaring through the dim light. Moving forward he growled as he walked face first into a wall, spouting off several insults, and deciding to blame it on Yami. Pulling back he traced his hand along the rough rock, his fingers slipping into an unseen engraving. Following the lines around he quickly pulled his hand away feeling the engraving turn smooth and move under his fingers by itself. He took a few steps back listening to the hiss like noise, as it slithered away.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Equilla: well there is a bit of Bakura, keeping everything on track.
Mokuba; it's going to get cryptic again isn't it
Equilla: shush up and do your job
Mokuba; ok ok, well JM and TR, here is the next update for you two, also please don't give her the idea of using ninjas