Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Too bad... or not? ❯ Seto's back... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Too Bad…Or Not

Author: Himitsu/Himitsu-chan

Disclaimers: They're not mine. They are owned by Kazuki Takahashi and Konami.

Notes: set 5 years after Yugi and the gang have graduated..

[thoughts]

"speech"

(comments)

*emphasis*

Warnings: Possible OOC's and shounen-ai.

Seto was standing in front of the Kame game shop. Why did he go there? Actually he had no idea (and why it was still up and running, he wondered why too.) The reason maybe was because of the constant nagging of his little brother. Mokuba knew of Seto's dark secret since he (Seto) was in high school. Knowing that it was somewhat eating up his older brother inside, Mokuba decided to lecture the older. So now, Seto was standing in front of the Kame game shop, hoping that a certain hazel eyed blond would drop by.

[What the hell am I doing here anyway? He could have moved to another place for all I know!] Seto thought.

Actually, Mokuba, who had stayed in Domino all the time, verified that the blond did not move to another place. Seto went to America to get a college degree in business management. Not that he really needed it mind you. It was just due to the fact that more investors liked to look for more "credentials". Mokuba had said to him earlier that the blond frequented the game shop. Yugi was now the one running the game shop because his grandfather was really old now. So Jounichi helped around whenever he can (he also played some of the games too.)

Seto sighed and looked at his clock.

[It's already 8:00 a.m.! I've been standing here for an hour! Why haven't they opened yet?]

He looked at the door and noticed a note. It said:

We'll open late today (10:00 a.m.)

Stocks are coming.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

"Shit!" Seto cursed out loud. He wondered why he missed the note. He also wondered how he got distracted every time he thought of Jounichi.

After two more hours of waiting, Seto was finally greeted by someone who had a very unique hairstyle.

"Kaiba! I haven't seen you since high school! What are you doing here?"

[He's still like himself after all these years.] Seto mused then he did a double take. Yugi looked like Yami.

Yugi on the other hand felt like a laboratory specimen. He felt uneasy because of Seto's scrutinizing gaze.

[Some things never change I guess.] Yugi thought to himself.

Seto was brought out of his trance when he noticed that Yugi was fidgeting.

"Sorry about that." He said. He was sure that Yugi was shocked because the tri-colored haired teen looked like he was imitating a goldfish. Well, he was also shocked. Why was he being civil all of a sudden? Oh well, he started already. So why stop?

"Do you know where Jounichi is?" he asked.

Yugi's jaw now met the floor. Then he noticed that he was being rude so he composed himself.

"Jou? I think he'll come here later to meet with someone." He replied.

"Thank you. So you mind if I wait here?" Seto asked.

Now Yugi was really floored. Was this really Kaiba? Why was he so OOC? He then noticed that Seto was waiting for an answer so he mumbled a small "No." and staggered inside the shop, too shocked to really walk straight.

Seto felt like laughing because of Yugi's reaction, but he stopped himself because of two reasons. First, he now felt like there was something in his stomach (he didn't like to acknowledge them as "butterflies"), and second, that would be so OOC. He was already OOC as it is.

He now felt nervous. His blond angel was coming here…

[Wait, that was so gay.] [1] he thought.

Okay, change *his* Jou was coming to the shop. (He's possessive alright.)

[But didn't Yugi say that he was meeting up with someone?]

The multi-billionaire was suddenly flooded with a wave of jealousy. But then he decided to be rational.

[It could be just a friend.]

He decided to wait outside so that Yugi would not suddenly have a heart failure. He then heard the sound of stiletto heels against the pavement. He turned his head towards the direction of the sound and saw a blonde lady. He then racked his brain to find a name for the said person.

[Wait, I think her name starts with M… Ma…Mai! That's it.]

Mai must have felt someone's gaze on her so he looked at Seto's direction. Seto then nodded in greeting. Mai blinked to make sure that she wasn't seeing things. After making sure that she wasn't seeing things, she hurried into the shop to stop her head from spinning. Seto just acknowledge her? Well that was new…

Seto was now left alone outside the shop. He was currently wondering why Mai rushed inside after he acknowledged her.

[Oh well, she must have been scared off] Seto thought with a snicker.

Then he wondered why the blonde was there. He was looking for a *blond* not a blonde [2] damnit! Maybe she was going to buy some stuff from the shop. But she was too old for that right? [3] It doesn't matter though, what Mai was doing there, it was none of his business. Now where was his puppy?

Seto glanced at his watch again. It has been… ten minutes since his encounter with Mai and there was still no sign of Jou.

[Must be late as usual.] he said to himself.

Just as he was about to lift his head from his watch, the air was suddenly knocked off of him. He suddenly lost his balance and grabbed at the nearing thing he could grab. And that just happened to be somebody's jacket. The person who knocked Seto down must have been running, because the sound of heavy panting filled the air. Seto raised his head to scowl said person, when suddenly his breathe which was just restored into his lungs decided to desert him again. The person who bumped him was the same person he was looking for.

Meanwhile, Jou, who just finished catching his breathe lifted his head to say sorry to the person he bumped. But instead of saying sorry, his eyes widened in shock.

"Kaiba?" he mumbled. His voice hinting being a little unsure.

"Hai." Seto answered back. But being polite must have the same effect in Jou because Jou just stormed into the shop without even looking back.

[I must really scare them.] Seto thought annoyed.

He has been waiting for a long time and the person just leaves. Seto was about to follow into the shop when he heard voices. He recognized the voice of his puppy so he decided to listen and look through the window on the door at the same time.

"What happened to you? You look like you have seen a ghost." Mai said to Jou who still held the look of shock in his face.

"He must have seen Kaiba." Offered Yugi. Then he remembered that Kaiba was looking for Jou. He was about to say this when Jou suddenly spoke. All the shock in his face already gone.

"Yup. Kinda creepy though. Never heard him that polite before."

Jou looked like he was remembering something , but he was interrupted by the beeping of his watch.

"Shit." He cursed. "Come on Mai, well be late." He said to Mai as he took her hand in his. They waved goodbye to Yugi then they went towards the door.

Seto who had been watching the whole scene left before they reached the door. His looked like a kid who lost his puppy. (Well technically, that was correct.) He didn't even bother to hide that. He knew no one could see him. He left but he carefully schooled his features before walking towards his limo.

The pair was now out the door and they were hurrying to wherever they were going too. They were leaving in a rush so they didn't see the bewildered look Yugi was sporting. Well maybe Seto was wrong. Someone saw the sad look he had.

Author's notes:

Explanations and Translations:

An expression of someone. Don't mind…

Many people often make the mistake of using blonde to describe a male person. Well it's wrong because blond is for a male and blonde is for a female.

I'm not insulting Mai or anything. It's just that she's kinda older than the other guys so after 5 years that Yugi and the gang have graduated from high school… well I think you catch my drift.

I'm switching to Jou because Katsuya is just soooooo long to type.

What do you think? Should I continue, or not? `Coz if I don't continue this, this fic would become JouxMai and we don't want that now do we? XP

Please tell me what you think.

If you have any corrections, please feel free to tell me.