Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ torn...... ❯ the lovers ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

AN: yes, another bad story from me. This story will take place in past egypt, where yugi is the pharaoh and seto's the high priest name seth.

The dark night blackened the land and the moon is the only light that touched the Earth. In the highest balcony, she stood alone. Her face shone brightly with its ethereal glow. Her hair flown swiftly as the wind blew by, whispering her name. She never loved him. She only considered him as a great pharaoh and a friend, nothing more. Her loyalty bounded her to him, but she feel neglected. Her loyalty destroyed her dream of happiness.

"We shan't…" she whispered.

She pulled herself away from the arms that wrapped around her. She turned around and faced the tall figure. His brown hair flew lightly; his blue eyes penetrated into her mind. His handsome look made her feel weak. Yet, under that beauty, she can still see the pain hidden within. She tried to hold back the tears as she pulled away from him.

He nodded, trying to keep a cool composure. It killed him to be in this situation, to be torn between his pharaoh and his lady. She was the pharaoh's wife. She was the queen, he was just the high priest.

"You're right…" he closed is eyes, " We can't betray the pharaoh…my friend"

He turned to walk away. She pulled his hand…

"Seth…" she pleaded, " promise me that you will never forget me…" Tears fell from her eyes.

He looked over his shoulder, " I will never stop loving you…" and walked away.

She didn't want to let him go. She loved him too much to lose him.

"Wait!" she called out to him. He paused. She ran out and held his hand. He turned around and looked at her.

"My queen…" he said coldly, in an emotionless manner.

She hated that tone. She couldn't stand to have him be so cold to her.

"Please don't call me that…" she walked closer to him. Her lips met his.

He closed his eyes as he began to wrap his arms around her. She did the same, encircle her arms around his neck.

They kissed passionately. The night sky shone above. That night, they declare their love for each other, knowing the inevitable truth that as soon as the sun touched the horizon, they would be separated forever.

------------------------------------------

The sun touched her face. Her eyes flutter as they began to open. She began to get up from the bed. She looked around.

He was gone.

She sighed as she pulled herself up. She knew that he would be gone before morning came. She accepted the truth although she despised it to the core.

A servant came in and bought her some water from the Nile to wash her face. The water was as cold as the day around her. She felt so alone. Ironically, she was constantly surrounded by the royal.

She dressed her gown and began to go toward the court. She would meet her husband and face whatever chores a queen of Egypt has to face……

AN: how was it so far? Bad? Good? I won't know if you don't review.