Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Troubles of Chibi Proportion ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Troubles of Chibi Proportion

By Hwoarang Girl

/Summary/ When a spell goes wrong, Dark Magician is transformed into a chibi; but whilst the other duel monsters attempt to find a cure and keep the truth from Yugi and Yami, the knee-high mage is determined on making it far from easy for them…

/Disclaimer/ I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh.

/Hwoarang Girl's Notes/ Chapter dedication this time goes to the latest people who have this story on their favourites! (I'm afraid I'm behind on pen name changes and will state them as I find 'em, also, if you've added me to your faves and I haven't given you a mention just let me know!)

This is for you: -

person

Blade Liger

Lil-Pink-Mew

Dragon Angel

Chibi and Yami C

no sense in contradicting me

Kaori

Chapter 3

Yugi blinked as he watched the brown-haired boy run off with a smile on his face, before turning round having heard his name being called.

"Yug!" the tall blonde shouted as he slowed his run to a walk, as he neared the other, "where ya been? We were gettin' worried 'bout ya!"

Yugi smiled at the concern of his friends, "Oh, I was arranging some duel. That kid," he explained motioning towards the parting figure, "wanted to have a duel against me tomorrow, for his birthday, down at Kaiba Land. He said he's never seen his creatures as huge holograms, and I couldn't deny him it, especially on his birthday…"

"Ah," Joey stated, as the rest of the gang caught up with them, "that oughta be interesting. Now," he said, grabbing hold of Yugi's arm and beginning to drag him along, "let's get going down to them arcades…"

* * * * * *

"Where are you flying to?"

Summoned Skull frowned as the sickeningly sweet voice addressed him, and growled as a delicate smile greeted him as Change of Heart flapped her mismatched wings in front of him.

"It's none of your concern," he hissed, ushering her away with a quick push and flying onward.

The petit blonde giggled and soared past the other beast, spinning round so they were face to face. "But I'm curious," she said, blinking her large blue eyes innocently.

Summoned Skull scoffed at her, and flew on.

Change of Heart giggled, tilting her head as she continued to fly along, "You might want to listen to me,"

Summoned Skull growled in frustration as he snapped at her, "I think not! Leave me alone!"

Change of Heart stopped and pouted, watching as the other monster flew off. "That wasn't very nice," she said to no one in particular, "and he's going the wrong way. Oh well, perhaps I should go to that adorable chibi and tell the others that Summoned Skull was looking for them," she blinked, considering this for a moment, " Yes, I believe I will."

And after one more round of giggling, she happily flew in the other direction, a mischievous plan developing in her mind.

* * * * * *

"Chaos…oh Chaos…Chaaaaaoooosssss!" the blonde mage sung, having been bored of sitting and doing nothing except twiddling her hair for the past twenty minutes after her trail of thoughts grew tedious.

The other mage looked up, sighing as the seemingly endless chorus continued, Dark Magician Girl using tones he didn't even know existed. "What?!" he finally snapped, tearing his attention away from the pile of books in front of him to the blonde.

She smiled prettily, "If I were to, say…read this," she reached out and took the first book she could, opening it on a random page, "but changing the 'oh' and 'us' sounds to 'ai' and 'ili' sounds, would something still happen?"

Magician of Black Chaos regarded her oddly, "No. I don't have time for stupid questions, so be quiet."

Dark Magician Girl raised a slender eyebrow, "so you wouldn't have any problems if I read this out making those changes?"

"Yes, now keep your mouth shut."

"But if it wouldn't work, why would you have a problem with it?" she continued thoughtfully.

"Are you quite contempt making my existence a misery?"

"Actually, I think you'll find you do a pretty good job of that yourself… so, explain!"

Chaos furrowed his brow and sighed, "Just do it then if it will make you that happy," he growled.

"Yay!" she cheered, beaming as she cleared her voice, before attempting it.

And of course, it sounded absolutely ridiculous, and apparently made no sense what so ever, yet once she was done a familiar flash occurred.

"It is really beginning to annoy me how you can do that," he glanced around, feeling shock as everything was registered as normal, "now, to find out what that so-called 'spell' of yours has actually d--"

His eyes quickly averted away from the open doorway and Dark Magician Girl's focus immediately went there.

And she gasped.

Then blinked.

Then continued to stare, a blush rising on her cheeks.

"Close your mouth and stop drooling," Chaos commented, not looking back.

A pair of large familiar eyes looked around, set in a face of milky flesh. Long, silver hair draped over a bare back with the exception of two falling locks that framed the long face and hung down, conveniently blocking the view of more pale flesh as the figure stood on all fours.

The figure tilted his head, his lips slightly parted and his canine fangs glimmering as they caught the light.

"I believe," Chaos began, as the blonde mage continued to watch as the figure blinked, turned round and began to crawl off, "that was Silver Fang. Only in human form."

"Uh-huh," Dark Magician Girl said, paying no attention to the other whatsoever.

"Explain to me one thing," Chaos sighed, knowing that he was going to end up having clear up more mess, "why did anyone allow you to come anywhere near magic?"

* * * * * *

Okay, so the first thing he noticed was it was cold.

He couldn't smell as well either.

Everything felt different… strange… and his hands and knees were beginning to ache.

'Wait…!'

Since when did he have hands and kneecaps? And since when did he think about such things? Silver Fang blinked his large eyes as he stopped on the spot, before scanning himself over.

'Oh…I knew something wasn't right…' he blinked.

After a bit of consideration, he straightened up, and shakily rose onto his feet, taking a wobbly step forward.

"Ooh…"

* * * * * *

"Bless," soul Release sighed as she watched the indigo-haired chibi run as fast as his tiny legs would allow him up the grassy hill and pause, to look down in wonder before lying on the grass and rolling back down with a joyful giggle until he could go no further on account of Mystical Elf's legs.

The blonde elf blinked, and bent down to give Dark a hand rising to his feet.

"Having fun?" she questioned with a smile.

Dark nodded his head vigorously, messing his hair up even more, "Yup!" he exclaimed, flailing his small arms for enthusiasm.

"That's all very nice, little one," Soul Release said as she walked over, "but I will not understand how you could make such a green grass stain on clothing that is dark purple!"

The child shrugged, smiling adorably, "'cause I special!"

"That you are," she continued, giving Dark a pat on the shoulder, "but perhaps you should concentrate your energy into something other than rolling down the hillside," she glanced over at the worn, flattened grass trail leading down, "you're beginning to leave a clear 'roll' way on the landscape."

"Oki…" the chibi sighed, before his large blue eyes perked up as he watched Celtic scale a nearby tree with ease, jumping light-footedly from branch to branch until he found a suitable one and sat perched upon it.

He smiled innocently at both females before toddling off.

Mystical Elf clasped her arms and she watched him move, before turning her attention to the rainbow-haired other standing beside her. "I'm beginning to fret," she said, " he hasn't gotten himself into any real trouble yet,"

"I concur… We had better keep a close eye on him…there is one main fear that shadows my mind yet I can't place it…" Soul Release shrugged it off, "But what can we do except watch and hope?"

Dark, meanwhile, had finally reached the tree and was staring up at the long, thick, gnarling boughs. "Celty!" he called, "me up too! Pease?"

The elfin warrior leant forward from his place on the branch with a smile, "You sure? You're not afraid of heights are you?" he questioned light-heartedly.

"Me no afwaid! " the chibi retorted, attempting to show just how brave he was by standing as tall and straight as his little form could, "me go up now?"

Celtic quickly jumped down a few branches and off of the tree, bending down next to Dark. "If you climb on my back, and hold tightly, I'll take you up as long as you don't let go, okay?"

"Yup!" the chibi exclaimed, just as Soul Release walked over.

"I hope you'll be careful up there," she addressed the little mage, "and before I forget, I have something to give you both when we get back."

Large blue eyes sparkled with intrigue and Dark jumped on the spot, "What? What?"

"Pink and orange dye. But if anyone questions I did not give it to you, okay?"

"Oki!" the mage squeaked with excitement as Soul Release bent down so Dark could give her a cuddle, "Myst and myself are heading back now, so you're looking after Dark," she lifted her gaze to the elf's, and waited for a nod of acknowledgement before turning her attention back to the chibi, "and you'll need to look after him. He's troublesome, so if he gets too adventurous you have permission to tell him off, okay?"

Dark giggled, watching as Celtic pulled a face, "Oki!"

"Bye," she finished as she straightened up and gave a little wave before walking over and joining with the other retreating figure.

"Chaos look good when done! Yay!" the chibi exclaimed as he leapt onto the other's back and clutched onto the long elfin ears, "We go up tree now!"

"Okay, okay," Celtic laughed, "be patient,"

…Some time later…

The elf raised an eyebrow at the chibi he had held in his arms as the sat, perched on a thick branch resting against the trunk of the tree. The chibi giggled as he put another leaf on Celtic's head, inspecting it closely.

"And just what are you up to, mister?" the elf said as one arm wrapped around the chibi holding him safely as he used the other to tickle the little ribs, extracting numerous giggles from the now squirming mage.

"I--I!" Dark managed to spurt out in between giggles before the elf stopped his attack, " "Leaf nearly same colour of your hair," he finally said breathlessly, "I check."

"Oh, indeedy?" Celtic questioned poking the mage's nose.

"Ideedy-do!" the little one giggled in response as he pushed away the other's hand.

Abruptly, Celtic's attention shifted from the chibi sitting on him and noticing this, Dark turned around. After spending a few seconds scrutinising the newly appeared monster hovering in the air, Dark nestled in closer to Celtic and began to whisper to him, "Why that lady have diffwent wings? And why she dark on one side?"

Change of Heart looked darkly at the pair, and tilted her head as Dark stared at her with anxious curiosity, locking her eyes with the chibi's for a brief moment. Dark whimpered and buried his head into Celtic's chest, who drew him arms around the little mage protectively.

"What do you want?" he demanded, the softness in his tone and expression fading out quickly, as he noted that the darker side of the monster was in control and was scaring Dark considerably.

"I was searching for Soul Release and Mystical Elf, but they appear not to be here, though it is my guess they're not too far from here," Celtic shot her a warning glare as her eyes lingered over the tiny form clinging to the elf in his arms, "…interesting…"

A muffled whimper escaped from the chibi, and the elf continued his hostility with Change of Heart. "Perhaps you should go and find them then, if your search has brought you this far," he hissed.

A sneer etched onto the woman's face, and she turned her back to the pair, looking back over her shoulder, " Perhaps," she said in a chillingly soft tone, before flying along.

A few seconds later, a tiny voice finally spoke out, "she gone yet?" and a head of indigo hair slightly turned, so one little rounded cheek rest against the elf's chest and the large blue eyes were revealed and looked up anxiously.

"Yeah, she's gone Dark," Celtic said softly and offered the chibi mage a smile, loosening an arm from round the small body to soothingly stroke the little one's silky hair.

Dark relaxed his death grip on the other's top and leant into the touch, silently sitting there with shaky breaths.

"It'll be okay," Celtic said softly as he noted the behaviour, "you don't need to fear big meanies like her, do you know why?"

The large saddened blue eyes lifted and met with a warm amber gaze, "why…?" the chibi asked quietly.

"Because," the elf soothed, letting the hand that had been running through the little one's soft strands drop, "I'll always be here to protect you from them."

The large blues eyes brightened, and a small smile graced Dark's lips as he lay back against the other, pulling the arm that had stayed around him with him as he did so. "Promise?" he asked, his voice and face filled with hope.

"Promise." The elf confirmed with a nod and a warm smile, taking a little hand into his and giving it a gentle squeeze, 'it's the least I could do for you, my best friend, after you have done the same for me for so many millennia.'

Suddenly, hearing a gasp of awe and sensing a tingle on his hand clutching Dark's, Celtic looked down and blinked as realisation hit him.

A faint dark purple surge of magic had flowed throw the chibi mage's arm.

'A chibi with magic… this could mean trouble...'

The elf then blinked again as the chibi giggled mischievously.

End of Part 3

… To Be Continued …