Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ True Caos ❯ Rebecca's and Yugi's time before the tournament ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Foot note:) Rebecca is about Yugi's age.

It had been two weeks since the teams for the newest tournament in Domino Duel Monsters Tournament had been announced. The teams planned night and day. Yugi and Rebecca had spent all the time possible perfecting their decks. Yugi ran his infamous Dark Magician deck, while his teammate ran some type of a Dark Female deck.

"Yugi, does you or your grandfather have a Dark Magician Girl card I could trade for?" Rebecca was searching through her collection for cards Yugi'd want.

For 3 months, Yugi and Rebecca had been getting close. She came over frequently playing duel monsters. Every weekend they went out together, a movie here, a game arcade there. It was no major problem with the gang, because she had definitely matured in the last year. She was still short, but her beauty became that of a young woman.

"Yeah I have one, what will you give up for it?" Yugi had just dug out one of his most prized cards.

It would be the second Dark Magician Girl to leave his possession. The first was still sealed in a pack, which Yugi had bought specifically for Tea. Now he was going to trade it to his girl friend. "I wonder… am I destined to give away every Dark Magician Girl I own?"

The thought faded as soon as he saw his choices for trade, a Tribute to the Doomed, an Axe of Despair, or a Mega Morph.

"I'll take the Tribute to the Doomed." He had chosen that for his grandfather. Rebecca happily took her new Girl and added it to her already powerful team of women. It had been a pretty good week for Rebecca; it consisted mostly of perfecting their strategy.

But Yugi made plenty of time for them to go out. The biggest place they had gone to was a new card shop. The two cleaned house they defeated everyone even the store champ, the store owner's son, Jeff. Rebecca had been the one to take care of him.

~last week~

He was about sixteen, about six feet tall, had blue eyes and hair. He'd been wearing a pair of kaki zip off jeans, with a black tee-shirt with an eastern style Chinese dragon. She had seen him end his last duel, with a Chaos Ridergustaf. Jeff had three and he was seeking out opponents.

"Challengers, anyone that wants to take on me and my Chaos Rider step up." "I'll take you on and I bet one card from my collection." She was already on her way up to the dueling platform. The store owned an old Duelist Kingdom platform and reprogrammed to keep it up to speed.

"A girl, ok you're as good as anybody else." His smile was shining; you could tell he was trying to impress people. "You're the challenger, so you start."

They had each drawn five cards; know Rebecca had drawn her sixth. She carefully picked out her starting move, "I use graceful charity." A beautiful woman appeared, she was holding three cards towards Rebecca, and she examined them with all her skill and discarded her two.

"I'll get rid of Marie the fallen one and Wingweaver." The two ladies appeared then exploded into many little shards of glass she ended her turn setting one card on the field.

"Ok, I play my own graceful charity." The same lady showed three cards to Jeff, quickly he discarded two magic.

"I summon Chaos Ridergustaf and remove two magic cards, boosting him to two thousand attack points." The menace on the motorcycle soon had a boost in his muscles; he had become quite the formidable monster.

"Attack now with chaos charge." The biker peeled out and raced straight towards Rebecca.

A sly smile Rebecca slipped her fingers under her face down card, "I reveal wobaku." A bright light shown from the card, it revealed three women dressed in green dresses. The dresses were covered by a light blue cape. The front woman was holding a wand with dragon wings sticking out; it had a black jewel in the center. Jeff merely grumbled and ended his turn.

She now drew her next card. "First because of Marie the Fallen one I receive 200 life points, now I'll play Thunder Nyan Nyan."

First a little ball of energy floated from the field up into Rebecca, her life points went up. Then a red haired, gold horned, female demon came out of the card. She wore a tiger striped shirt, gloves, and blue tiger striped pants. Floating around her was a set of three drums and one cymbal.

"Now I'll play luminous spark, which will boost up Nyan's attack power by 500." A light as bright as the sun shown upon the two chaos ridergustaf was blinded, while Thunder Nyan Nyan bathed in it powerful rays.

"Now let him feel it, with your thunder strike." The demon played a quick set of beats, releasing powerful strikes of lightning. This brought down Jeff's life points to 3600. Jeff growled,

"You'll pay for destroying my monster, with my Archfiend Soldier, and my Sword of the Deep Seated." A purple fiend stepped onto the field; it held its forest green cloak in his left hand. In his right he held a giant sword, similar to the Flame swordsman's sword, except this one was blackish purple. He had purple horns and purple spikes sticking out from his shoulders. The fiend almost looked excited at the chance to fight. Rebecca was a little scared for her monster.

Now faced with an equally matched monster, Rebecca had to rely solely on the Heart of the cards. But she wasn't at all surprised; she drew a card that could possibly help. "Once again I gain 200 life points, and then I'll set one card face down, ending my turn." She just clinched her teeth hoping to stall for one more turn.

Yugi just merely stood and watched. He couldn't figure who had the advantage. They each had a powerful monster; Rebecca has a card face down, but its Jeff's turn. This could go either way.

Jeff on the other hand, was very confident. He just drew the equip card Mage power, it'd boost up his monster to 3400 attack points. "I'll play Mage…" he was cut off by Rebecca's move.

"Well know I'm going to play Fairy's Hand Mirror, thus allowing me to equip my Thunder Nyan Nyan with your mage power." She was smiling, as her Nyan was given power from the three magic cards on the side of her field.

Sulking Jeff just quietly switched Archfiend soldier to defense position, ending his turn.

With pride Rebecca drew her next card. "As before my life points increase by 200, I then summon Hysteric Fairy in attack mode." On the field appeared an angel, she looked like a librarian. Pushing up her glasses, her body glowed bright taking in the light.

"Now Hysteric Fairy attack his Archfiend soldier, then Nyan attack him directly." Hysteric Fairy ripped off her glasses, as she did her eyes began to glow. Without warning a burst of light shot out of her eyes, it tore apart the soldier. Thunder Nyan Nyan then did a drum roll on her trap set, ending with a loud bang on her cymbal. The bang released a thunder storm on Jeff's exposed body.

Falling to the ground, ten feet from the platform, Jeff laid unconscious. Taking initiative, Rebecca went over and picked up his deck. Shuffling through it she found her prize, a Fairy Meteor Crush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

"Hey Yugi, do you think we can win?" Rebecca face showed doubt.

A little troubled, Yugi hesitated to answer. "I'm not for sure; everybody has changed since Battle City." Pausing, Yugi had to search for words. "Because Jou and Mai have been winning money to improve their decks, my cousin has been helping Tea, Kaiba just recently had his Blue Eyes White Dragons stolen, plus you and me have also grown close."

Rebecca was happy to hear those last words, she really liked Yugi. "You're right it's a toss up, all we can do is trying hard."

"You can't be anymore right." Yugi gave Rebecca a large hug, then the two went out walking.