Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ True Caos ❯ James and Anzu's time before the tournament ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

James and Anzu were quietly walking to an amusement park. Both James and Tea were tired of thinking about Duel Monsters. Everything about duel monsters began to annoy them, so Anzu had the idea of going to an amusement park.

"Here's your tickets sir, enjoy." A young woman, probably still in school, was in the ticket booth. She was thin, a nice face, and had a large smile; even though she had been in that booth since 7:40 that morning.

"Thank you, have a good day." Those words were a big shock for the young woman, she rarely ever heard thank you from a customer. Anzu was unbelievable cheery. She loved to spend time with James, it was wonderful.

James wanted this to be a fun time, a way to strengthen their bond between one another. He took full advantage of this; he slipped his arm around Anzu's arm. Anzu had started to talk about different rides, but James had lost her, he'd found a newspaper. He was easily lost in the paper, but Anzu didn't seem to notice, she was in awe at everything they could do here.

Finally snapping out of his reading comma, "Anzu, where should we go first?"

She had wanted James to ask that the second they stepped into the park. "Well… why don't we go and enjoy the water slides?" With no hesitation, the two rushed passed people towards the water half of the park

When they got out to where the slides began, they found nothing but water every where. Kids were screaming as they flew down a giant array of slides.

One that stuck out was a toilet bowl slide, one with an open top, and one closed. Anzu studied it, what it is you'd be sent down a tube. You then were hurled around in this bowl, just like a toilet. Then you dropped down a hole to a pool below. This was their first water slide. Walking calmly up the white stairs, James noticed the lack of people on this slide. As he got to the top, he figured out why. An older woman was making all sorts of trouble for the guy who stood by the tube. She had been yelling at him for the past 20 minutes, over the fact that he had kicked her son off the ride. When he noticed Tea and James, he motioned for them each to go one at a time. As Anzu went down, all she could see was black. But as she spun around clockwise, a hole began to become much more visible. After a few other slides, James found a particular one he loved.

The River of the Lost Pharaohs. It started out with a robot screaming, "turn back." They also had to first listen to some idiot yelling, "We're all going to die." Then they were slowly floated down a river and ran into a few so called Pharaohs. After a minute, they began to speed up. As they raced, a massive spiral down appeared. Going down this spiral, James was soaked by ice cold water. He had wished he could have switched place with the kind of dry Anzu. Being spit out of a tube, the float was hurled down the water. Anzu was enjoying this, including turns, twist, and even a curve in which Anzu and James rode. At the end they were greeted by the park workers.

"Woo, that was fun, were to next?" James was ready to explore the rest of the park.

She gave it a minute of thought, but then noticed an arcade. "Hey there's an arcade and I see a dance machine." Anzu wanted to test out her improved dance skills. Arm in arm the two made their way through the crowd.

"Anzu, I'm going to check out the games you warm up on the dance machine." James was like Yugi, games were his life. It was another part of James, there was the ordinary James, and then there was the James that lived solely for video games. Anzu loved both, but she had trouble with the video game James, because he was so hard to get through to get to the normal James

As he walked, he ran into Tricky, some master of tricking people. It was some unofficial title that was created by the people who went to the park. So James just pushed passed him, only to hear him shouting to someone walking away. "Thanks for your card you loser, next time get better tricks." Of all the people it was, Weevil Underwood walking away, and everybody knows he cheats/tricks with the best. This kid had to have been good to beat Weevil.

"Hey kid watch it, do know who I am?" Tricky was showing off for his crowd.

With a simple shove, James sent him to the ground. "You're a loser, being a bragger to anyone who will listen." Everybody began to laugh at Tricky's fall.

"Wrong, I'm Tricky, and I challenge you!" Getting up, tricky was furious. He never had been insulted like this ever, so he was going to make an example out of James.

"A challenge huh?" James wanted to put this boy in his place.

"I want you to trick me one time, ok simple right." Being as arrogant as he was, he felt nobody could trick him.

"What do I get if I do?" In any game like this, James had always played for stakes.

"My favorite Duel Monsters card, The Tricky." He had three, so losing one really wouldn't bother him.

"Why the hell would I want one?" James thought this was a joke.

"It is a 5 star wind Spellcaster…" Tricky didn't even finish.

"Deal, one trick." James wanted a new Spellcaster badly, his had so some of the same monster cards Yugi did, and so he wanted to surprise him.

James went right to work; his trick had to be simple but effective. First he went and bought a hand buzzer. "Anzu I'll be back in a minute."

"Why?" Anzu was a little angry that he was leaving, this was a day for them, and he was going somewhere without her.

As James walked away he called. "To go find the manager." Anzu just continued to dance, she didn't want to stop. When James found him, he talked him into letting him pull a non dangerous prank on Tricky. The manager had been very annoyed by all the problems from Tricky.

With his trap set, James took off back to the arcade. "Hey first let's shake, then race against each other." He walked up, extended his hand, hoping he could get him with something beyond simple.

Laughing, "no way are you going to get me with a simple hand buzzer, but yeah I'll race." Everybody snickered at James' amateur antics.

Expecting failure James had something else set up, "Take a seat."

"You should sit in that one." Tricky pointed to the same seat James was pointing out, but when he sat in the one James was going to sit in, it let out a disgusting "VVVRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

"DAMN!* I was tricked by a fucking whoopee cushion." Tricky was at wits end, he was supposed to be a trick master. But his ego was crushed by a simple whoopee cushion. It had an effect; it read "Discard one card from your hand to Special Summon this monster to the Field." This effect was definitely nice, because he had attack strength of 2000.

"Anzu you look tired, are you ready to go." James satisfied with his day, he continued to be in awe by Anzu's ability to dance.

"Yeah, let's go." She had worn herself out from dancing an hour straight. So she hopped down and grabbed James' arm. "You know, you're as bad as Yugi."

His stare went blank, "how do you figure?" he never had been compared to Yugi, he couldn't tell if this was good or bad.

"Easy you love games, any and every game." She just smiled. They then left the park, Tea worn out, and James with a new card.