Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ True Caos ❯ True Pain, Sacrifice for a Stranger ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

True pain, Sacrifice for a stranger

"Unh" Was all that Jou let escape his mouth as he was hit in the stomach. He'd spent the last morning before he would enter the tournament going to game shops, arcades, and Duelist hangouts searching out new cards and strategies. Just barely out of Otogi's game shop, Jou saw a fight going on. Been prone to violence, he went over to see what was going on. Jou was hoping he could whoop up on someone, but what he found was a fighting beat down. A huge kid was being beat on by two or three others in a back alley. The other kids were taking cheap shots at the kid, kicking him in the ribs, and things like that. This kid could probably snap them all in two, but they had his duel monster cards in their hand. Not wanting to damage them, he took the beating with out any hint of pain.

"Hey why don't I even out the odds?" Jou had already put down his duel monster cards. He clamped his fists closed; his only thought was to kill these punks.

Turning around, the ring leader smiled with a fist clinched. "Sure, but you have to wager that pretty little duel monster deck." He must've been doing this for a while, because you could see many different sets of cards. Duelists were his only target, that's why he was across the street from a game shop that sold duel monster cards.

At this two guys leapt at Jou, he countered with a few gut jabs. Always starting out, Jou seemed sluggish. He was taught to always start a fight against numbers slowly; you always needed energy at the end. Like clock work more began to leap at Jou and one after another he beat them into submission. He found that there were many more than just three, it ended up more like twenty.

It was looking on the up and up until they knocked out Jou's legs. This was done by someone tackling the back of his knees. Before he started to regain focus, he was kicked by multiple people. Bruises began to surface all over his body, bones eventually began to break. They went all out on Jou, the larger kid had just began to become conscious.

As the kid stood up, he became furious, and aware of what they were doing to Jou. He ran up behind the group, plowing through five or six of them. The next couple were picked up were thrown into the street, they hit the ground, and rolled to the other side. As this beast of a kid tore through the group, Jou laid unconscious. Being the smartest of the group, the card holder picked up Jou's cards and ran. Not bothering to give chase, the boy lifted Jou up. He hooked Jou's arms around his neck, picked up his duel monster cards, and ran with Jou to the nearest hospital.

Within the next few hours Jou was treated. A small panic went through the hospital when Jou was first brought in. His body was covered in bruises and he had a few broken ribs. The doctors weren't sure if that was it, but no other internal damage was found. They had to find some id on him, which they found in his back pocket. His sister and friends were also called, all of them were terrified. Serenity had so much going through her head as she raced to the hospital with Honda. Honda also was worried; he'd never thought Jou would lose a fight this bad. Honda was furious at Jou, he always told him to call when every he need help. But no Jou never gave him a call and he was really paying for it.

Serenity was the first to enter the room, she was speechless. Jou's whole torso was covered with bandages; she was also informed that he had a few broken ribs. As she talked with the doctor, Jou steadily woke up. Instantly Serenity broke in to tears. "Jou, you, why would you try to fight that many?"

Before Jou could say anything, the large boy who brought him in spoke up. "He was helping me out."

"Somebody your size needed help." Anger was in Serenity's voice, she was confused how someone like that would need help in a fight.

The boy couldn't utter a word; he just hung his head low. All at once; James, Anzu, Yugi, and Rebecca burst through the door. Anzu and Rebecca had been crying since they heard of Jou's injuries. Yugi to had tears in his eyes, James was the only one left without a tear in his eye. Not that James didn't care, but he just wasn't one to cry.

Mai was the last to enter, she to was crying. Mai and Jou had really gotten close, after this tournament they'd finish moving in together. Now Jou goes and gets himself hurt, Mai was very upset

In all the commotion; Jou had sat up and was a little happier now that he had his friends. "Hi guys." Everybody turned, still very worried about Jou's health.

"Brother, you need to rest we'll all get out." Serenity wanted to make sure Jou had plenty of rest.

Jou wasn't going to miss the tournament; he wanted to duel so badly. "Serenity, I'll rest for tonight but I will duel tomorrow."

"But…" Serenity was cut off by Jou's hand raised in front of her mouth.

"No buts, I'm going to duel." Jou was determined to compete, in this tournament.

"You have no deck, so that means you can't duel." Serenity was really thinking now, she was going to come up with any excuse she could.

"I will help you with a new deck, let me go grab my case."

Before he left, Jou asked him a question. "I still haven't gotten your name."

He smiled as he stopped with his back turned to the group. "Felix."

"Don't forget Jou, I can always help with your deck." As Mai said this, she leaned over hugging Jou. It felt good, Jou really cared about Mai, and even through this Mai was there to care back.

When Felix returned he was carrying a wooden case, it was about the size of the case Kaiba carried. He sat it down on Jou's lap.

"What's this, I don't need a case?" Jou was a little puzzled, Felix said he'd help him with a new deck, not get him a case.

"Inside that case you will find two of every pack of Duel Monster cards ever made." Felix opened up the case, revealing all the unopened packs of Duel Monster Cards.

Jou's eyes grew large, this was his greatest dream. Free cards. "Thanks, these will make a nice deck I'm sure." Each pack presented a new addition to his old strategy. Some cards he had seen, someone cards where unknown to him. So far out of the pack he'd, he'd found his most powerful monster. It turned out to be one known as Ultimate Obedient Fiend, it was a exodia class monster. It had the attack strength of 3500 and defense of 3000, with only one draw back. For it to attack Jou had to have no cards in his hand or on the field other than his fiend. But he had pulled other cards to counter this nasty little effect.

"Jou, I feel it's time I return this monster to you." Yugi slipped Jou's Red Eyes Black Dragon out of his deck. Jou took the card with no argument; he was in no situation to deny the card.

"Thank you Yugi, I also have a card to remember you during my duels." Jou revealed a Skull Archfiend of Lightning. It was a different version of Yugi's summoned skull.

Jou then started to open his next few packs and he pulled a really power full card, called Meteor Black Dragon. It was a powerful fusion of Meteor Dragon and his Red Eyes Black Dragon, with the stats of 3500 attack and 2000 defense. "Hey does anyone have a polymerization I could have or trade for?"

"Jou what do you need a Polymerization card for?" James was willing to give him one, if he knew what fusion monster Jou had.

"My Meteor Black Dragon, a fusion between my Red Eyes and my newly acquired Meteor Dragon." Jou was really stoked because his Red Eyes was now more deadly than ever.

"Sure you can have a Polymerization and I'll also give you a Dark Dragon Hatchling card." James would have to go back to the game shop to get the cards though.

"What does Dark Dragon Hatchling do?" Jou was racking his brains, he'd never heard of the card.

"You can send it to the graveyard to special summon Red Eyes Black dragon." James began to leave. "Everybody I think it's time we allow Jou to rest." Without a word everyone left, accept Serenity.

Serenity looked as if she'd go to tears, but she didn't. "Jou do you really have to compete in the tournament?" Serenity felt kind of stupid for asking, she already new the answer.

"Serenity, don't do this to me, now more than ever I need your support." He paused and read the expression on her face. It was a worried, but loving look. "Do I have your support Serenity?"

"What type of question is that, of course you do." Serenity threw on a fake smile and she had to fight back tears.

"Thank you Serenity, I love you." Jou hugged his sister, which made it even harder for her not cry. As Serenity turned to the door, tears silently slipped down her face. When she walked out, Honda was there to comfort her. He'd waited outside the door and listened to every word. When he saw Serenity step out, he hated Jou. He hated him for making Serenity cry, but also for being as pig headed as he is. As the two walked down the hall, Honda spoke softly to Serenity, calming her down a little. Honda couldn't speak anything, but good things about how Jou and she would alright.