Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Truthfully, in My Soul ❯ Riyah ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: Riyah
 
Disclaimer: All Yu-Gi-Oh! characters belong to Kazuki Takahashi. Neferue is my character. The town of Riyah has been invented by me.
 
“WHAT?!” Neferue screamed in anger. “WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT HERE?!”
 
A servant stood kneeling and shivering in terror at the girl's feet. “He's, he's not here. He must have gone off.”
 
Neferue just growled in frustration.
 
Isis, who was nearby, watching from the balcony, could see what was going on. Mahado then walked by and saw Isis staring over the balcony. Isis alerted Mahado of this recent discovery.
 
“Mahado,” Isis began, “have you heard of what's going on? The pharaoh has gone missing.”
 
“I believe my best student, Mana, is responsible for his escape,” Mahado told her. He then sighed in frustration. “I found the guards frozen just a few minutes ago.”
 
Isis then knew what probably had ensued, but she just kept quiet…for now.
 
~~~~~~~~
 
The horse finally slowed down and reached an oasis town. Atemu dismounted from his horse, then helped Mana down. Mana looked around the oasis town. It was a nice and clean place, very well kept, and not to mention very well off, most likely because of it's location by a trading route. The sights, sounds, and smells of the town were captivating. But what was this place? “Um, ouji-sama, where are we?” she asked.
 
Atemu smiled at her. “This place is the oasis town of Riyah,” he told her.
 
Riyah? Mana wondered. I thought it was only a rumor that this town existed. Mana looked around the place. It was incredible. “How…how did you know that this town existed?” she questioned Atemu.
 
“I didn't,” he answered her. “I have only heard rumors and tales of an oasis town that was well off enough to be autonomous in its own right, and far away enough to be isolated from other neighboring kingdoms.” He stared off into the streets of the town. “One day, I found a trader who was willing to tell me how to get here. Sure enough, the trader was right.”
 
Mana stared off into the streets of Riyah as well. “So, you decided to come here to be alone.”
 
“Yes…” Atemu trailed off. “But, isn't it strange that you're here with me? We might as well be alone in this town together.”
 
Mana then giggled and grabbed Atemu's arm. “Oh, can we please go around while were here?” she asked with pique. “I love exploring new places like this.” Then they walked through the town of Riyah together and saw what this place had to offer.