Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Two Worlds One Destiny ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Worlds One Destiny

Chapter One

Summary:"Seto don't do this!" He shouted. With a few hand strokes, a portal opened, he was shoved in. The portal had opened in an alternative realm landing him with another Yugi and Atemu.

"What do I have to do around here to get answers!? Wear a grass skirt and grab your brother to do the hula?"

---Malik Isthar

Senso no Seikai- World of War

"RETREAT!" The commanding voice shouted over the roaring of battles. The youngest fighter obliged after emptying the last of his shells in his gun. He looked towards his fallen allies and his eyes widened.

"Hakuryu!" He shouted, not daring to use the real name of his head in battle.

"Koryu run! He betrayed us!" The man shouted. The youngster named Koryu ran as he was order to, but he was quickly knocked down by Hakuryu to dodge the burst of shadow energy sent towards him. Koryu's eyes widened at the injuries Hakuryu sustained.

"Shit, you're hurt." He quickly attempted to pull him up, but the older man waved it off.

"It's impossible for you to get away with me injured like this." He hissed.

"I'm not leaving you here if that's what you're telling me!" Koryu snapped. The older man reached down his own shirt and pulled out a card locket before quickly looping it around the youngster's wrist. The youngster recognizing the meaning of this quickly tried to untie the necklace from his wrist.

"Escape now and survive." The cobalt eyes demanded.

"Seto, I'm not leaving you here!" The younger argued.

"Not your choice. You have to live through this, I won't have it any other way." He growled before he started chanting. Koryu fought even harder to free himself from the card locket necklace.

"Seto don't do this!" He shouted. With a few hand strokes, a portal was opened. Koryu was shoved into the portal before it had quickly closed. "SETO!"

Mou Hitori no Seikai- The Other World

A field of electricity crackled above the Domino high school. None had noticed the energy, however, a certain tri colored haired teen did. The change of lighting in the orange haze of sunset worried him, he quickly rushed up towards the roof. No one had stopped him, seeing that school had ended at least an hour ago. His friends were long gone with their own activities for the day.

<Yugi, I'm taking over. Shadow energy.> Was all Yugi had heard before his body was taken over.

The spirit, now in full control of the body pushed the door open and rushed out. A black portal opened five feet in the air before something had fallen out. Seeing it was a human, the possessed Yugi ran to catch him before any serious injuries could be caused. The portal closed moments after, leaving no trace of magic being used. Curious, the real Yugi appeared in an astral form next to his real body. His eyes widened at the sight of the one in his arms.

<_Mou hitori no boku, what's the meaning of this?_> Yugi's rubbed his eyes unbelieving to what he was seeing. His other bit the bottom of his lip.

"Kage no unmei. You remember what that is right?" Yugi looked at him before turning his attention back to the boy.

<_Destiny of Shadows._> Yugi answered but confusion was over his face. <_But what does that have to do with Mokuba?_>

"He's not Mokuba." Yugi blinked. "At least not the Mokuba we know."

<_Who is he then, Atemu?_> Yugi asked as Atemu shifted the youngster from his arms to his back.

"We'll know when he wakes up, but until then, let us leave this place. Wherever he might be from, appearing here unconscious is not a good sign." He noticed this Mokuba was slightly older then the one they have known. Probably by a year or two judging by the height. The baby fat on his face was gone and his body was slightly muscular from what he could feel by carrying him. "Any suggestion to where we take him? I doubt carrying an exact replica of Kaiba's ottoto-chan will not draw any attention." Yugi floated closer to look at the youngster's face.

<_Well, we could probably tie up his hair and throw our jacket over him._> Yugi quipped.

Atemu sighed before lowering the sleeping youngster to the ground before shrugging off his jacket. Taking off one of the many bands around his arms, he proceeded to tie up the mop of raven hair. While fighting the Mokuba replica's hair, he found sets of needles and other small weapons hidden in the long black locks. Opening Yugi's bag, he tossed in the abnormal amount of weapons into the bag before finally tying the boy's hair and pulling him onto his back.

"It's strange... Why does he have so much weapon in his hair?" Atemu wondered before he stood up. "Where to, aibou?"

<_Ji-chan probably would ask what are we doing with Kaiba-kun's ottoto. So that rules out on taking him back to the shop._> They had reached the bottom as they discussed where to take the youngster. However, their answers were solved when they heard a car honk.

"Oi pharaoh!" Both Atemu and Yugi turned the familiar voice and found Malik waving at them from a red convertible.

"Malik?" Atemu said as he watched the Egyptian teen jump out of the car and jogged towards him. "What are you doing here? I thought you and your family was going to stay in Egypt." The Egyptian waved it off.

"No time to explain, just get in the car. 'nee-san had a vision." Malik said as he grabbed Atemu's arm and dragged him towards the car and ignoring the youngster on the pharaoh's back. Risid was on the driver's seat, he gave a nod as a greeting.

"Vision? But the items were all deactivated after I have regained my memory!" Atemu growled. Malik opened the door for Atemu to climb to the back, before climbed into the front seat.

"But you still kept yours active. A lot of things could go wrong with one little activation." Malik answered. "Risid, back to the apartment."

"Unless... It had something to do with him appearing." Atemu said offhandedly. Malik blinked before glancing at the mirror. His eyes widened at the sight of the person with his head on Atemu's lap.

"Kaiba's little brother!? What the hell is he doing here?" Malik asked.

"Not Kaiba's brother." Atemu said calmly, both Egyptians were surprised, but Risid kept his eyes on the road. "I'm sure the two of your remember the prophecy after I have regained my memories." Malik's eyes narrowed.

"The destiny of shadow." He murmured. "Your present task has been done, your past is clear, though you chose your future amongst the world of the living. Time not your own, you disrupt. A new life, through another, your new task will yet come. Relive as its shadow and fulfill the new quest."

"Good memory as always." Atemu commented. The Egyptian snorted. The car had stopped at the traffic lights of an intersection.

"I have a memory carved onto my back, what do you think?" He asked sarcastically. Atemu smiled sadly, Malik noticed it back looking through the mirror. "It's not your fault. Forget about it." This time he earned a full chuckle from the pharaoh.

"We must stop with these ridiculous puns." He said. Malik nodded as Risid drove off at the turn of the light. "But... what could the prophecy mean by sending him to us?"

"I said 'nee-san had a vision, she didn't tell us anything when she dragged us here." Malik said. Atemu looked at him in surprise.

"She hasn't told you?" Atemu asked. Malik gave a shrug.

"She was acting... strange. Not sure how to explain it, but you'll see when you see her again." Malik's eyes held a distant look. The rest of the ride continued in silence while Atemu returned to his soul room to converse with Yugi.

<I think its imbalance.>

<_Eh? Imbalance?_> Yugi asked as he leaned back on the wall next to the door of his soul room with his arms behind him. Just looking from the corridors, you could noticeably see the change in Yugi's mind and soul. Though, there were still many childish toys flung amongst his room, the numbers has lessen from the original. The brightly lit room was now in a few different shades of color.

<From my memories, I was studying about realms, dimensions and parallel universes.> Yugi scrounged up his face.

<_They have that stuff during your time?_> Atemu gave a shrug.

<Not sure, but there were always rumors and myths about them, now lets get back to our original topic.> Yugi nodded. <It'll probably be better if I had a diagram to explain this. Let's go to my room.> Yugi pushed himself off the wall before following the pharaoh into the darker room.

Upon entering the room lit up in a eerie glow, but Yugi didn't feel disturb by it. The room was considerably darker then the corridors. Strands of light appeared before it wrapped itself into a ball of light. Atemu waved his hands making it change into a sphere with longitude and latitude. Yugi pocketed his hands as he watched his other half work. Moments later, the glowing sphere was in different shades of color for each of the latitude lines. Yugi grinned before leaning his weight on his other leg.

<_Looks like something from history class._> He snickered. Atemu gave a sigh.

<Aibou.> Yugi rolled his eyes.

<_Hai, hai, I'll be serious._> Yugi said before wiping the grin off his face. Atemu turned back to the sphere, but not before giving one last glance at his lighter half.

<This is our realm.> He pointed at the second line above the equator. <These are the events that are supposed to balance our world.> He pointed at the longitude lines. Yugi nodded waiting for his other half to continue. <And lastly, these are the other dimensions and parallel universes to ours.> A glow covered their faces as over a million glowing latitude lines appearing. Not waiting for Yugi's response he continued. <Usually our dimension is separate from the other due to the differences in the reality. For example, I could have lived in another dimension after sealing the items, or you never solved the puzzle and etcetera, etcetera.>

<_This sounds like a sci-fi movie._> Yugi commented dryly. Atemu gave a chuckle.

<Or you can think of it that way.> Atemu replied before returning to his original topic. <My theory is that my choice of staying here with you have caused an imbalance in our world, causing a rift to open and sending this Mokuba over.> As he said this, another line crossed with their current realm line. <Or something might have happened in his realm and he needs help.> Yugi noticed the other realms slanting towards their realm.

<_Mou hitori no boku, what does it mean when the other realms slants towards ours?_> Yugi pointed. Atemu waved his hands around again making all the lines parallel to one another.

<Think of it this way, aibou. If something is wrong with one realm, it'll affect the other realms as well, if the problem isn't solved and it continues to get worst...> Atemu left his words there before waving his hand. The lines started to cross one another until it was hard to differentiate it. Yugi watched the lines each begins to snap as the center expands. Soon the whole ball exploded leaving them in the darkness of Atemu's room and the faint light from the corridor. <Then more then one reality will disappear.> Yugi looked slightly worried, but Atemu grinned and patted him on the head. <But not to worry, realms always collapses and reforms, but I have no intention of letting our realm collapse.> Yugi smiled faintly.

"Pharaoh! Get up, we're here!" Malik's voice rang out from the corridor. The two walked out to the corridor before Atemu stopped.

<Aibou, I still have some thinking I want to do, why don't you take control for a while?> Yugi nodded.

<_I'll see what Isis-san has to say about this. You just think of how to reverse this._> With that, the two gave one another a high-five and Yugi returned to his physical body.

"Pharaoh!" Malik stopped when he noticed the change.

"Konnichiwa Malik-kun." Yugi said sheepishly.

"Oh, it's you Yugi, what happened to the pharaoh?" He asked.

"Mou hitori no boku says he has some thinking to do." Yugi said, Risid has left the driver's seat to pick up the raven-haired youngster next to Yugi. Malik pulled Yugi out once his legs was freed from playing pillow.

The three walked into an apartment not too far from the museum. Risid made sure to cover the youngster with Yugi's jacket so no one would notice he was a replication of the young Kaiba. In just moments, they were facing Isis at the door. Malik was correct when he had said she was acting strangely. She was not dressed in her loose Egyptian garbs, instead was dressed in very conservative clothes. Her face was much paler then her usual bronze tan.

"Konnichiwa Yugi-san." She said with a bow. "I'll explain everything as soon as you settle down your... guest." She said slightly hesitant before turning to reenter her apartment.

"Take him to my room, we could let him sleep there for the time being." Malik said before grabbing Yugi's arm and dragging him towards the living room. "Yugi and I have some questions for 'nee-san." The shorter of the two didn't protest as the Egyptian dragged him off. After the adventures in Egypt, he couldn't find any reasons not to trust the Egyptian teen... Other then the psychotic half that was bent on murdering him, but since he's gone, there really isn't any reason.

"Yugi-san, may I talk with the pharaoh please?" Isis asked as soon as he sat down. Not surprised by her request, his eyes glazed over before Atemu took over.

"Is there any reason why you can just talk to Yugi? You know I could hear you too." Atemu said. Isis grasped tightly to her arm.

"I don't think I could speak to Yugi, the vision..." She bit her bottom lip. Both Atemu and Malik noticed her discomfort.

"What did you see?" Atemu asked. Isis trembled, Malik left his seat next to Atemu and went to give his sister a reassuring hug.

"The realm where the young Kaiba has come from." She whispered. "The occurrences in his world are just too horrifying. Death around each corner, blood stanching the air, flames burning away the corpses, the cries of children and..." Isis screamed in horror before grasping tightly to Malik's shirt as he tightens his embrace on his sister. Risid had run into the living at hearing Isis's horrified scream.

"How did he get here?" Atemu asked trying to ignore the woman's obvious fear of the vision.

"His brother... item... portal." Atemu was truly confused, but then he noticed Isis's eyes. They glazed over.

"Shit." Atemu cursed before quickly moving over to Malik's side. "Where's your rod?" Malik looked confused.

"In my room, but why-" Atemu quickly pulled Isis out of his arms.

"No time, go get the rod." He ordered before the sennen eye appeared on his forehead. Noticing the seriousness of the situation, Malik quickly ran off to his room. Atemu laid Isis's body down on the couch.

"Is there anything I can do?" Risid asked. Atemu scanned Isis for a moment before turning to Risid.

"Where's her tauk?" He asked before a glow emitted from his hand.

"I'll retrieve it for you." Risid said before hurrying off towards Isis's room. Malik ran pass him as he came back.

"So what's the rod for?" Malik asked as he knelt down next to Atemu with the rod in his hand.

"Go into her mind, pull her out of the memories of the vision. She has stayed there for too long. If she stays any longer, she'll go insane." Malik eyes widened before he quickly raised the rod towards his sister. In a flash, Isis's trembling body calmed down before her eyes closed and she rested peacefully.

"I never seen 'nee-san ever act like that. What was in that vision?" Malik asked.

"Pharaoh-sama, the tauk." Risid handed him the tauk.

"We'll see why now." Atemu murmured before he grabbed the tauk and the sennen eye appeared again. However, instead of a vision, he was met with an electrocution. Fighting the paralyzing feeling from the shock, he threw the item aside before grabbing his wrist.

"Pharaoh?" Malik asked. Atemu slumped down to the ground before closing his eyes and leaning back. The young Egyptian was about to place a hand on his shoulder, but the sight of Yugi in Atemu's place stopped him. "Yugi? What happened?"

"The tauk refused to let him access its powers. He's locked in his soul room right now." Malik raised an eyebrow.

"Locked?" Malik questioned. Yugi gave a nod before his eyes drooped.

"I can't explain much now..." Malik noticed Yugi has fallen asleep. Giving a sigh, he hauled the young teen onto the other couch.

()()()()()

The endless sound of typing filled the office. The only other sound occupying the room other then the typing was the sound of a video game and the swift clicking from the controller. As the sun has its last rays a hand from the keyboard swiftly moved and tapped on a switch, the room was lit up seconds later. Neither occupants noticed nor bothered with the change in lighting.

"What do you want for dinner later Mokuba?" Seto asked, his vision never leaving the screen. Same to his brother, Mokuba's eyes didn't leave the T.V screen either.

"I don't really care as long as it's not pizza again. We've been having that stuff for a whole week." Mokuba scrunched up his face in dislike. Seto let out a throaty laugh, but suddenly stopped. Mokuba expected the sounds of typing resuming, but there was none. "Hm? Daijoubu ka 'nni-sama?"

No response, Mokuba paused the game and turned his head back. Seto was staring at something with his eyes widened. Curious to what his brother was looking at, he pushed himself up and strode over. At first, he was surprised the drawer of his brother's desk was glowing. Looking at his brother then back to the drawer, he decided to open it. When he met with no resistance from Seto, he reached into the drawer and pulled out the glowing object.

"ACK! It's the millennium eye!" He quickly dropped it when he felt the sennen eye symbol. The glow was too bright for him to see clearly. "What's going on 'nni-sama? Why is the eye..." He trailed off when he noticed his brother getting up to pick up the item. He noticed Seto's face was covered in a layer of sweat. The items stopped its glow when he touched it.

"Mokuba..." Seto murmured. The raven-haired boy only blinked in confusion. "Do you still have the numbers Yugi-tachi gave you?" The young boy was surprised by the question. Why would his brother want that information? He never took a liking towards Yugi.

"It should be in our computer." Mokuba answered. Seto returned to his seat and quickly searched for it.

()()()()()

"Ugh." The raven-haired youngster groaned as he placed a hand to his head. "Seto, I'm going to kill you when I get back." He muttered.

"Wondering how long you were going to sleep, heck even Yugi woke up before you did." Malik said with his arms crossed and leaning on the doorframe.

"Yu-gi?" The cobalt eyes widened before he jumped up and pulled out two shotguns from the hidden holsters on his back. "Who the hell are you and where the hell is Yugi?" He growled. Malik blinked, neither from surprise nor from shock. He was simply... curious.

"You want me to get him?" Malik offered. The raven-haired youngster raised a gun at him.

"I don't trust you." He hissed. "Raise your hands and turn around." Malik gave a sigh of boredom before complying. He raised his hands before turning around.

"You Kaibas are such paranoiacs no matter where you're from. Why do I even bother?" Malik muttered as the raven-haired boy searched him. A gun was raised to Malik's head.

"Say that again." He growled. Malik gave a sigh.

"Why do I even bother?" Malik said dryly.

"No before that."

"No before that." Malik repeated. The Egyptian teen was slammed into the wall after the mockery, the gun right below his chin and one arm twisted behind his back.

"Tell me who the hell you are and what do you know about the Kaibas." He hissed. Malik gave a sigh.

"Malik Isthar." He answered. "And I know squat about the Kaibas, except..." He gave a thought. "They all have a stick up their asses." The younger boy slammed him into the wall again.

"I don't believe you. Who the hell are you and what relation do you have with the Deorc?" Malik winced slightly.

"Deorc? What are you talking about? Yeesh, if I knew you were going to be this violent, I would have left Risid stayed in here." Malik said. He could feel the boy freeze. "Ah, so you recognize Risid." "Damare." He growled.

"What do you want? I told you who I am, you don't believe me, I try to find out something about you, you try to kill me. What do I have to do around here to get some answers!?" Malik grumbled. "Wear a grass skirt and grab your brother to do the hula?" The raven-haired boy stopped to think. "Wait, you're not really expecting me to do that are you?" A smirk.

"As amusing as it might be to me, I have other things to worry about. You say you're Malik Isthar, what proof do you have?" He shoved the arm back further. Malik gave a hiss of pain.

"The pharaoh's memory." Malik bit his lower lip. The raven-haired boy looked at him disbelieving at first, but then he lifted the back of the white shirt Malik wore. On he back was the carved scar of the pharaoh's memory, judging by how it's scarred, he could tell it was quite old. Reluctantly he released Malik. The Egyptian teen rubbed his sore arm.

"Who else is in this house?" Malik gave a sigh.

"Rude little gaki." Malik muttered. "Onee-san is still sleeping, Risid went out for some groceries." He watched as the cobalt eyes widened.

"Masaka..." He whispered. Malik raised an eyebrow.

(Knock, knock)

"Malik-kun, is everything alright, I heard-" Yugi's voice came through as he opened the door. The raven-haired boy quickly lifted his guns and pointed at Yugi who had just entered the room.

"Kisama-" Yugi gave a bewildered look.

"Mokuba-kun." He said in surprise before looking over to Malik. "Malik-kun, did something happen?"

"Don't you dare call me Mokuba! The name's Koryu to you." Koryu snapped, his breath heaving slightly. Yugi tried to walk towards him, but Koryu raised the gun towards him. "I have a shot gun, the initial shot won't kill you, but the shards from the shells definitely will."

"Moku-" Yugi stopped at the glare. "Koryu-san, look, I'm just trying to help." Koryu growled.

"Help!? You betrayed 'nni-sama and the rest of the Protegere and you say you want to HELP!?" Yugi was about to take another step, but his eyes glazed over and Atemu took over.

"That's enough Koryu, put down the guns." He ordered. Koryu's mouth dropped open at seeing Atemu. His hands shook before the guns fell to the ground. Fortunately, the safety was on and no fires went off. Koryu took a few steps back before shaking his head.

"Masaka-" He shook his head fast. "Masaka! You shouldn't be here!" He said. Atemu's eyes narrowed.

"Why is that?" Atemu asked.

"You left us... You went back to your own time and left us to die!" Koryu shouted, surprising Atemu whom hadn't expected that answer.

()()()()()

A/NL Of all the alternative parallel dimension stories, I never saw a character not from the original dimension to a different one. I'm experimenting with the other way around. Also, there aren't many stories with a war theme going on either. This is an experimental story, if I stole something from you, I'm sorry, tell me and I'll add a disclaimer. And for those that haven't gotten use to the Japanese usage in fanfiction.net, I'll leave a translation at the end of the story. Feel free to criticize my work. It would be helpful for my growth in writing.

Translations:

Hakuryu: White dragon. Haku and Ryu are separate, just break them apart.

Koryu: Little dragon. Ko being little and Ryu being dragon.

Senso: War

Seikai: World

Mou hitori no: The other

Boku: me (usually used more often by guys)

Kage no unmei: Destiny of Shadow. Kage as shadow, unmei as destiny.

Aibou: Partner

Ottoto-chan: Little brother

Ji: Grandpa

Oi: Hey!

Onee: Sister (anewai is another version of older sister)

Konnichiwa: Hello or good afternoon (usually used during midday)

Sennen: Thousand years

Hai: Yes

Onni: big brother (Anki is another way of saying older brother)

Tachi: Group or company (EX: Yugi-tachi: Yugi's group)

Damare: Shut up (very rudely)

Gaki: Brat

Masaka: Impossible

Kisama: You (very hatefully, there's also temee)

Honorifics:

Kun: Usually used for guys and equals. (But the Japanese degrades woman, so it's rarely used for females)

Chan: Usually used for someone very close and/or you think are inferior. Like a younger sibling and because of Japanese culture of degrading woman, chan is most likely used at the end of the name.

San: Mr. Mrs. Ms. A semi-formal way of talking and for people you don't know very well.

Dono: This is rarely used, mostly before the Meiji Era, but it very respectful.

Sama: Used for only the most respected people or... your boss. ^__^ (Mokuba worships his big brother, he often uses onni-sama instead of onni-chan or onni-san.)

Explanations:

Hakuryu is obviously Seto Kaiba if any of you haven't noticed yet. Seeing that he loves his blue eyes white dragon so much, but blue eyes were too overused for my taste. So I chose the ending name of his ever so popular dragon. For Mokuba, I wasn't sure what his favorite was, but seeing he's always behind his brother like a little cub, I imagined him as a smaller dragon.

Mou hitori no boku, a.k.a Yami Yugi or Atemu. This is used mostly by Yugi, I'm trying to get their personalities and mannerisms as close as I can to the Japanese series.

Ok, I'm sorry, not much info on Senso no Seikai in this chapter, but I'll give you info on the other stuff going on. Judging by how Seto reacted in the story, I'm making them all seventeen, the final year in high school, in Japan anyways. Seto only asked Mokuba for the numbers because most of the others had moved out of their parents' house at one point, their numbers would change. Though, most of them didn't like Seto, they liked Mokuba so they kept in contact with him.

In the manga, Atemu had left Yugi after the last duel they had together. Since I liked having Atemu around, I'll twist that ending a bit. As for Isis... Let's just say knowledge is similar to a drug. Due to the power of the tauk, it allowed her to see the present and the past and some of the future. Having the power to know everything is addictive and because of the use of Shadow energy to use these items, she's reacting similar to a person taking ecstasy pills. At least, that's my theory. Her reaction towards Yugi will be explained later.

For the alternative version of Mokuba-Koryu. His distrusting personality is created through the times of war. Hey, if you don't believe me go jump into a battlefield or go into politics. There bound to be someone that wants to kill you. o_o0