Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Two Worlds One Destiny ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Worlds One Destiny

Chapter Three

Summary:"Seto don't do this!" He shouted. With a few hand strokes, a portal opened, he was shoved in. The portal had opened in an alternative realm landing him with another Yugi and Atemu.

"Alright, do whatever you want, but don't do things that might lead me to burning my bed."

---Malik Isthar

Mou Hitori no Seikai

"Mai! Doko ka!?" Varon shouted as he ran through the streets. Even though, it's summer, Russia's cold weather never fades.

"Varon no baka!" Amelda's voice came after him from behind before a jacket was thrown over his head. "You're going to get sick running around like that in this weather." Amelda growled. Varon wasn't paying attention. He had quickly pulled off the jacket and looked frantically for Mai.

"Amelda, she's gone!" He snapped.

"She probably just walked into one of the stores." Amelda tried reasoning with the frantic young man.

"All the stores are closed!" What if something happened to her?" Varon threw his jacket into the air before running off to search for Mai. Amelda growled before jumping to grab the jacket. He ran after the brunette a moment later.

"She could take care of herself!" He shouted, but Varon was running too quickly. "At least wear your damn jacket! I don't want to hear your whining if you get sick again!" The two did a sharp turn around the corner. "Why did we choose to live in Russia of all the places!?" He grumbled.

Varon ignored him as he continued his search. Mai might have rejected his marriage proposal, but she was still a close friend to him. They passed by an alleyway without noticing a faint golden glow. Once they were out of range, the sounds of boots crushing snow were heard. The wind blew roughly, as a figure walked out of the alleyway with a frown. The billowing sound of a cloak was heard before the figure quickly walked the opposite direction.

()()()()()

"Isis-san?" Koryu questioned cautiously. "How much did she see?" Malik gave a shrug.

"Shi rei nai. 'Nee-san went crazy after a while. How bad are the wars in your world?" Malik asked before the sound of a click caught Koryu's attention, he quickly dropped to the ground and pulled out the two shotguns. Atemu's eyes narrowed.

<I thought he left those back in Malik's room.> Atemu watched as Malik twirled his rod quickly before pointing it at Koryu.

A flicker of light was in his eyes as the reaction was almost instant. Koryu was seen fighting against the rod's control. It had surprised the Egyptian when he had broken free. Out of anger, Koryu turned to Malik and raised his guns at him. The sound of groceries dropping to the ground was heard when Koryu was suddenly tackled to the ground and the gun facing away from Malik. The young Kaiba quickly flipped Risid over in a swift maneuver. He knelt down on the older man's chest and placed a gun to his throat. All this had happened in a matter of seconds.

"Yamero Koryu!" Atemu bellowed. "Risid is not your enemy, nor is Malik. They're just trying to protect their love ones. Now calm down and release Risid." Koryu glanced over to Atemu and noticed his stern glare. He reluctantly slipped away from Risid.

"War instincts." He murmured backing away from them, but his other senses were still high from the adrenaline rush. Malik had jumped over the island separating him and Risid to see if he was alright.

"Daijoubu ka, Malik-sama." Risid asked as Malik helped him up.

"I told you stop using sama. There's no need for it." Malik said with a faint grin. Risid nodded before silently moving to pick up all the groceries he dropped. Malik glanced over to Koryu. "Tell me..." The pharaoh and the raven-haired boy turned to the young Egyptian. "How did you break free from the powers of my rod so easily?" His playful voice was gone. Atemu noticed the Egyptian is not going to play with the matter any further then he would himself.

<An act of sweet innocence and kindness.> Atemu gave a mental sigh. <Maybe it is getting too peaceful here. I almost forgot the web of lies one could knit.>

<_It's never too peaceful mou hitori no boku. It's only the calm before the storm as they say it... Though... Kaiba-kun would probably say only imbeciles would believe there's a time of peace... Or something more insulting._>Yugi sweat dropped at his own impression of Seto. Atemu laughed lightly at Yugi's confusion, drawing attention from both Malik and Koryu.

"Yugi made an interesting imitation of Kaiba." Atemu answered noticing their questioning gaze. "Actually I would like to know how you did you free yourself from Malik's control. I know his rod doesn't have as much power as it use to, but knowing Malik..." He trailed off at this point, giving Malik a knowing look. "He's quite an actor at times, but when it comes to serious matters, I'm sure he does not hold back using his powers even if he has to exert himself."

At this, Koryu's shoulders shook. Malik and Atemu stared at him questionably. Their eyes narrowed when the young raven-haired boy started laughing. His laugh was not filled will joy and humor, but with a cold and bitter tone. The laugh could almost rival the tomb raider himself. Risid had noticed the dark laughter of the young Kaiba, but he had said nothing. He had experience with people that laugh psychotically. The best way to deal with it is to wait until they're done. Malik lifted his rod and pointed threatening at the Kaiba.

"Nani o okashi?" Malik said monotonously. Koryu shook his head before letting a frightened smile cross his face. His smile tried so hard to hide his obvious fright, but it was no use.

"You're not trained for war." He whispered darkly. "Even if you were, you weren't trained by Katsuya." He released a shaking breath. His eyes glazed over for a moment not really looking at the others.

<Katsuya? I don't remember anyone calling Jounochi-kun that.> Atemu watched as Koryu slowly slipped away from his deep thought. <He looked exactly like Kaiba during the duel on Pegasus's castle.>

<_You mean the time Kaiba-kun threatened us with his own life right?_>Yugi was cautious now. He knew the Kaibas well enough to tell that something was wrong with them. <_Mou hitori no boku. Let me take over._>

<Nani!? Demo, aibou-> Atemu was cut off.

<_I know he has weapons, I'll be careful. Just let me talk to him._> Atemu was reluctant to let his lighter half to face this obviously unstable version of Mokuba.

<Be careful.> Atemu said before relinquishing his power over the body to Yugi. The lighter half took over slowly not to alert Koryu, but the raven-haired youth had already noticed him.

"Yugi." He growled. Yugi held up his two hands in a sign of surrender and peace.

"I thought we've gone pass the part that I'm not the Yugi you know." Yugi said with a tone frighteningly similar to Atemu's. Koryu growled at him nevertheless. "Malik-kun, please lower the rod and may I borrow your room? I would like to speak to Koryu alone." Slightly surprised by Yugi's request and tone, he lowered his rod, but it didn't stop him from an outburst.

"ALONE!? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Malik snapped. Yugi returned him with a glare making the young Egyptian back away in surprise rather then fear.

"I don't think distrusting Koryu would make it any better. If we don't trust him, what makes you think he would trust us? So may I borrow your room?" Yugi asked more politely then the first time after his outburst. Malik nodded after he lost his internal war on trying to protect Yugi. He's not purposely trying to protect him, but it was more of an instinct. "Koryu if you may?"

"I'm keeping my weapons out." Koryu said as his grip on his guns tightened. Malik was about to raise his rod but Yugi raised a hand. He wasn't looking at the young Egyptian. His attention was focused on Koryu.

"Leave them out if you wish." Yugi answered. His face showed seriousness that did not suit his innocent looks. Malik frowned but gave a sigh afterwards. He knew it was a losing battle if he went against either Yugi or Atemu.

"Alright, do whatever you want, but don't do things that might lead me to burning my bed." Malik commented. Yugi's seriousness disappeared as a blush covered his face.

"Malik no hentai!" Yugi snapped with an adorable glare, much different from the one before. Malik gave a grin relieved that Yugi was not acting so similar to Atemu.

"You first." Koryu said with a distrusting tone. Yugi showed himself to the room while Koryu followed him with a gun to his back. Risid watched the whole exchange with worry in his eyes.

"Malik-sa-" He caught himself in time. "What's wrong with Yugi? He's acting like the... Pharaoh." Risid said. Malik gave a sigh as the teasing grin disappeared from his face.

"I'm not sure... But it has something to do with Koryu's world... I just know it."

()()()()()

"That's strange... Yugi-kun usually wouldn't walk this way." Ryou murmured as he followed the ring's direction. He has already passed the school and the stores that go the opposite direction to the kame game shop. He had almost walked pass the arcade when suddenly his other half spoke.

<-Ryou, stop.-> Ryou stopped at his other half's voice. <-Look over there.-> A snicker. Curious to what his other half was implying, he turned to look inside of the arcade. Seto had just sneezed. Covering his mouth in a giggle, he saw the CEO glared at anyone coming near him. Mokuba excluded.

"Maybe we should help him? He was looking for Yugi." Ryou whispered under his breath, not feeling like using his mental link with his other half.

<-... Whatever you want. I won't stop you.-> His answer was delayed, making Ryou worry for his other half. The albino boy walked into the arcaded with the ring grasped tightly in his hand.

"Kaiba-kun!" Ryou shouted. Seto and Mokuba turned to his voice in surprise.

"Bakura? What are you doing here?" Mokuba has asked. Ryou lifted up the ring.

"Looking for Yugi. The way your brother sounded on the phone was as if Yugi was going to get killed." Ryou said almost cheerily, but knowing Seto, it was better not to joke around.

"You can find him!? Why didn't you tell me?" Seto snapped. Ryou only grinned.

"You hung up before I could say anything." Ryou studied Seto closely and noticed him trying to quickly hide his embarrassment. If he weren't looking for it purposely, Seto would have easily pulled it off.

"So how are you going to find him?" Seto asked. Ryou waved with the ring, the pointers clanged as it hit the metal ring.

"It could locate anything. I thought it was just for the millennium items and directions, but it works for missing socks too." Ryou said earning a sweat drop from both Kaiba brothers. Before either of the Kaiba brothers regains composure, there was a loud shout from the arcade's entrance.

"EH!? KAIBA, BAKURA!?" Katsuya's loud voice brought their attention away from Ryou. Seto gave his usual arrogant smirk as the blonde ran towards them.

"Well, if it isn't the mutt." Seto said dully. He had expected Katsuya to reply angrily as he usually does, but to his surprise, the blond did no such thing. Instead, he was met with a glare, not one with annoyance, but with caution.

"Why are you looking for Yugi? And I know it's important or Bakura wouldn't be here!" Katsuya held up a threatening finger at him. "Also, I know you never believed in the millennium items even after Atemu regained his name. Now you're asking Bakura for help! There's definitely something up there." Ryou quickly grabbed onto Katsuya's arm.

"Jounochi-kun! I offered to help!" He whispered loudly trying not to draw attention. "And if we waste more time something might actually happen!" Ryou hissed. Katsuya reluctantly turned away and grabbed Ryou's arm. "Then what are we waiting for!? Let's go find Yugi!" His mood swings worried the albino boy slightly, but it had reassured him that something serious was occurring.

"Jounochi-kun, matte!" Ryou protested before he was dragged out of the arcade. Seto gave a growl of annoyance before running after the two with Mokuba following behind.

<Everyone is so tense today. What's going on?> Mokuba wondered as he struggled to keep up with his brother's pace.

()()()()()

"I just want to talk." Yugi stated after Koryu closed the door. "It's obvious that my other self in your realm is much different from me, but would you at least listen to my reasoning?"

"I'm listening." Koryu said as he watched Yugi closely.

"You told me in your world, Atemu had returned to his time right?" Yugi asked. Koryu nodded slowly not understanding the reason for the question. Yugi gave a faint smile. "I've always gotten into trouble even before Atemu had appeared. I must have gotten into trouble in your world too..." He trailed off for a moment.

"What are you implying?" Koryu asked suspiciously. Yugi sat down on the bed cupping one hand on the puzzle with a smile, his eyes drooped slightly.

"It must have been hard for him to have lost Atemu." Yugi traced the eye fondly. "I remembered when we came back, everyone had gone their separate ways in life. Kaiba-kun and Mokuba had went off to America to continue the expansion of Kaiba Corporations. Honda and Jounochi were busy with trying to catch up with their credits while Anzu was always off doing part time to save up money to go to New York. Bakura-kun... well... I never really talk to him much. I was always alone if it wasn't for Atemu."

"What does all this have to do with what we're talking about!?" Koryu snapped. Yugi remained unresponsive towards him and continued his sleepy droning.

"The bullies returned to their old targets." Koryu's attention perked up at the mention of bullies. Yugi's eyes seemed to have glazed over. "Jounochi-kun and Honda-kun were always busy so neither would notice the bullies, since they were no longer bullies themselves." A faint smile. "I wouldn't have fought back if the bullies had attacked me. If Atemu wasn't there to deal with the bullies, I would have probably become bitter and distant, though I would probably never show it." An understanding flashed through Koryu's face.

<Aibou, what were you trying to tell him? He seems to understand now.> Yugi only continued his effortless smile.

<_How his Yugi have turned on them._> Atemu flashed question marks all over Yugi's mind. <_I gave a thought on what my reaction would have been if you weren't there... It wouldn't have been positive, especially when I no longer have anyone to really rely on._>

<Aibou! How can you think that? You know you can always rely on your friends!> Yugi stopped tracing the puzzle's eye.

<_It's different..._> Yugi left his thoughts at that. Koryu had lowered his guns.

"I... Understand." Koryu said awkwardly as he returned the guns to his holsters.

"The first priority I had was to get you to trust me." Yugi said truthfully before resting his chin on the back of his hand. "The second priority is to get you home, if things are as bad as you told us back at your home, then you must go back immediately." Yugi said, but a strained look crossed his face. "But how?" Koryu studied Yugi for a moment while the older teen was in deep thought or probably conversing with his other half.

"Ano..." Yugi snapped out of his thoughts and quickly placed his attention on Koryu. "Maybe Bakura would know. After all, he was the one that helped 'nni-sama charmed the locket. I'm sure he probably would know how in this realm... This place does seem to have a lot of similarities to my world." He muttered. Atemu noticed something from Yugi's side. He had came out in his astral form.

<Aibou, he's hiding something.> Atemu said, noticing the hands twining around the locket around his neck. Yugi hushed him mentally.

<_It's not important now. He just wants to go home._> Yugi snapped.

<But-> Atemu was not allowed to protest.

"Bakura? But I'm not sure if he would do it. Since... ano... Let's just say we're not on the best terms." Yugi said sheepishly giving a nervous laugh.

(RING, RING)

"MALIK!?" Koryu and Yugi turned to the loud shout from Katsuya. Yugi was surprised, but Koryu seemed horrified at the sound of the blonde's voice. The raven-haired boy had quickly backed away from the room's door.

<Aibou, I think-> Atemu was met with Yugi's glare. <Ok, I'll be quiet now.>

"Koryu? It's just Jounochi-kun. He won't do anything... well... He would probably scream and run around like a chicken without its head." He laughed nervously again, when he noticed Koryu wasn't responding.

(Knock, knock)

"Oi Yugi, I hope you're not doing something on my bed!" Malik shouted.

"MALIK NO HENTAI!" Yugi growled. The laughter of the Egyptian teen could be heard.

"Get out here. Your cheerleading ground is here." A loud smack was heard and something hit against the wall. "ITAI! TEMEE KAIBA!"

"Damare! Yugi!" Seto's voice came through as he tried to open the door. Koryu's face lit up at the sound of Seto's demanding voice.

"'Nni-sama." He whispered. Yugi noticed Koryu's longing look. He walked pass the raven-haired teen and unlocked the door.

"Koryu, please stay here for a moment." Yugi said, but quickly opening the door and allowed himself to slip out before anyone outside caught sight of the young Kaiba.

()()()()()

"This is such a pain. Service here is horrible!" Rebecca heard a familiar voice near the entrance of the plane. It was her second transfer plane before Japan. She looked up from her monthly duel monsters magazine. Her eyes widened at the person she saw.

"Is that..." She was about to get out of her seat, but her grandfather Professor Hawkins had already taken the seat next to her. "Oji-chan, I have to-"

"Rebecca, sit down, that plane is about to take off." The elderly man said.

"Demo-"

"No buts, sit down. You can get up after the plane has taken off." Rebecca frowned at her grandfather's request, but her gaze was not taken off of the other familiar passenger. She noticed the flight attendant. She was acting quite peculiarly.

<What's going on?> Rebecca wondered as she looked around. No one seemed to have noticed the flight attendant standing in the middle of the walkway. <Maybe something happened to Yugi darling?> She wondered.

"ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS, WE WILL BE LIFTING OFF SOON. PLEASE BUCKLE IN YOUR SEATBELTS AND DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SEAT ANYTIME DURING TAKE OFF. WE'LL ANNOUNCE WHEN YOU CAN TAKE IT OFF WHEN IT'S SAFE. THANK YOU AND ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT."The speakers roared.

"Dear lords, how long will this plane ride be?" The one Rebecca was studying intensively was complaining. The flight attendant didn't seem to have noticed the announcement from the pilot, but she clearly heard the other.

"Roughly four to six hours." She answered, the other groaned.

"You're joking right?" The other whined. The flight attendant shook her head.

<Something is definitely going on here. The flight--> Rebecca stopped in her thoughts.

<(Don't worry honey, just go to sleep.)> Before Rebecca could protest, she had lost control of her body.

()()()()()

"You're telling me my brother..." Yugi nodded. "From another universe..." Another nod. "Is here?"

"That's what I said." Yugi said as Risid placed down drinks for everyone. Mokuba noticed amongst his brother's cool and impassive exterior, there was a vein pulsing at the side of his head.

"Ano... 'nni-sama." Mokuba started nervously.

"Do you take me as a fool!?" Seto snapped.

<Hmm... Should we tell him?>Atemu said in amusement.

<_Atemu!_> Yugi glared at the pharaoh sitting next to him in his astral form.

"Mataku, Kaiba-kun doesn't take anything with the millennium items seriously... Neh?" Malik gave a cheeky grin while Seto glared at him. "Ma, I better go get the other Kaiba... That is if he doesn't kill me first." Malik pushed himself off the side of the wall and walked towards his room.

"Knock-"

(cling, cling)

"First..." Yugi's warning came too late as he watched Malik run into the room deflecting some kunai and shurikens that were thrown at him. "Ano... You'll have to ignore that... Koryu is trained for war..." Yugi said sheepishly when he saw Seto shoving Mokuba behind him and using his own body to protect his little brother. Katsuya on the other hand was in a discomforting position with many of the projectiles pinning him to the wall.

"Malik." Koryu's hate filled voice growled from the hall. "I thought I told you to not attempt in controlling my mind. I will kill you if you try it...again..." His cobalt eyes widened when he walked in. "'Nni-sama." He whispered, he had forgotten Seto's presence after Malik's attempt in mind controlling him. Mokuba peeked out from behind Seto and blinked in surprise.

"You're me?" Mokuba said, drawing his attention from everyone. Koryu nodded slightly, feeling quite strange seeing his younger self. Mokuba gave a grin. "Man, do I look good when I grow up." Everyone in the room face faulted at the comment. Koryu took a longer time to react, but he laughed good heartedly. Yugi smiled faintly at seeing Koryu relaxing in the presence of his younger self.

()()()()()

A/N: I know, it's a bit short compare to what I write for school, but I'll add an unhealthy dose of explanations for you all.

Translation:

Doko: Where, used with or without the ka as a question mark.

Baka: Idiot, stupid, etc. You should see this used a lot in anime. When used with no in the beginning it's implying it to someone. Often no baka is used by girls. Baka itself is used more freely with guys, but seeing Yugi is slightly effeminate, I couldn't resist.

Shi rei nai: I don't know. (seriously, it means that) Not sure if it's spelled that way, but it's my most favorite verse in the whole series. It's used most often by Bobosa in the Egyptian arc.

Yamero: Stop. This version is more of a command. Yame nasai, yamette, chotto matte and matte kudasai are the more polite version

Nani o okashi: What is so funny? In this case, I'm not sure why the ka is not used, but it does sound very intimidating when used monotonously. But oddly, okashi could also be translated as strange.

Nani: What. Depending what the case is, ka is not necessarily used.

Demo: But. There's another way of protesting, but it's most often used.

Hentai: Pervert! Ah, this very delighting word. Often used with no and mostly girls. I really don't see why guys would use it, but as a joke, I liked to see Yugi say it.

Eh, ano: This is not really a word, but more of an expression. It's similar to our uh, huh, er and some other incomprehensible sound. Though, Chinese uses aiya or um.

Itai: It hurts. This word should also be easily recognized. In any anime, the characters will get hurt one way or another.

Mataku, (ma): This could be translated as troublesome, though there's another word for that. I just couldn't get it down in words because Shikamaru says it in a bored and dragging voice. (Shikamaru is from Naruto) As for ma, it's used in a quick and sharp way. No dragging. It could be describe as well, or doesn't matter. If you watch Ranma ½, you'll notice him using it after having a strange discussion with himself and brush it off with ma and some reassurance to himself afterwards.

Explanations:

On the earlier chapter, I explained how closely bonded Mai is with her housemates. Varon is pretty much similar to Katsuya in the show, quick, rash and sometimes too daring. So he would sometimes act like an idiot, a lovable idiot, but an idiot no less. Come on people, he PRO-POSED! (sighs) All right, it doesn't mean anything to those that doesn't like sappy guys. Now Amelda, I said is was semi-serious and he is. He cares for the well-being of the people close to him. Mai, don't worry about her, she's a big girl, she'll be fine! You'll see her in another chapter or two.

Why is Koryu able to break free from the rod and why is he afraid of Katsuya? Training, go to military school and add psychology along with other mental tortures and wa-la, you get someone with a phobia. Malik, I said he does have his serious moments. Is that serious enough for you people!? Risid... He's not important, he's one of those side characters you wouldn't really care unless you have more time then me. Yugi is acting strange in this story and Malik is half right about being something related to the Senso no Seikai, but you wouldn't have to worry about this matter until later.

Seto sneezing, yes I find that hilarious. Sneezing is part of a superstition of someone talking bad about you. Most commonly believed by Asians of the southern area, meaning people from China and Japan. Yugi was saying how Seto likes to belittle people, if you translate it into blunt terms. Why is Ryou's other half acting so strangely, think of it as a midlife crisis, just only a bit different. Seeing that he is over three thousand years old and he suddenly lost his purpose in life/afterlife. Katsuya could be seen as overly protective along with Malik. They have good reasons to be protective. After all, Yugi had a few attempts on his life and some psychotic maniacs after his puzzle.

Rebecca, my most favorite female character right next to Mai. I never have seen her in many stories and since her other self in the other realm is quite important, I'll let her play a part. She's a lovable character once you get pass the first meeting with Yugi and the demands for the blue eyes white dragon.

Finally, Koryu's openness towards Mokuba and Seto... It's his brother and a younger version of himself. I'm not really sure how you're supposed to act if you're in that type of situation, but knowing me I would probably try to find some humor in it to reassure myself. Koryu is tense and cautious of everyone. I'm just trying to make him feel better before I do something worst to him later on.

A/N: I hope you guys would REVIEW and comment on the story. It wouldn't matter if it were bad or good. Anything would help me. The other thing... I'm not very fond of reading my works over more then three times after writing and it's hard for me to beta it since I have the tendency to skim when reading. I hope you're not bothered by that fact. I like to update as quickly as possible, so getting a beta reader would only annoy me because I have to wait until they're done editing. I sure none of you like to wait too long for a chapter. And I'm dreadfully sorry to those who read this story before.

Responses:

Cm Aeristhe Queen of Insanity: ALRIGHT I GET IT! DON'T HAVE TO KILL ME WITH EMAILS!

lilmatchgirl007: Sorry to you too! I'll try to get the next chapter up soon