Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Under the Mistletoe ❯ ...I am waiting... ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything from Yu-Gi-Oh…but does a Duel Monsters deck that I own count? ^_~

Sharem: Anyway, this story was inspired by "To Make the Season Bright" by Tsukino no Kodomo…it's one of the best Christmas stories that I have read…maybe that's why it's on my favorite stories list at Fanfiction.Net…^_^

Under the Mistletoe

Chapter Two - …I am waiting…

Friday - Day 9 and counting down…

The next morning, Yugi got up a little early and realized that he did not have any classes at all. He stretched for a moment before getting out of his bed and smiled as he spied his new Dark Magician plushie. He giggled for a moment as he gave the toy a quick hug and stripped off his pajamas and went into the bathroom to take a shower. He turned the hot water on and waited for it to steam up the bathroom before stepping into the shower. As he put some shampoo in his hands and started lathering his hair with them, he began thinking about his wonderful gift.

'I wonder who sent me that plushie,' the teen thought to himself as he rinsed the shampoo out of his hair. He then started washing his small frame with soap. 'I suppose that it could be just about anyone…but could it be a guy? I would have never thought of that if Mai didn't say anything about it.'

During his ruminations, Yugi thought he heard the door to the bathroom open but he just dismissed it as his imagination. After rinsing his hair one more time and rinsing his body free of the soap, he turned the water off and opened the shower curtain. He shook his head for a moment and some of the water dripped into his eyes. The young duelist grumbled slightly as he had to keep his eyes shut and fumble around for his towel. His hands reached out and touched something…something smooth…something warm…something…long…

"I see that you are looking for a towel," an amused voice stated in a deep, rich tone. "However, the towel wasn't what you grabbed."

Yugi blushed furiously as he realized what he had touched and instinctively jumped backwards. He tripped on a bath rug and braced himself to fall onto the floor when a pair of arms circled around his waist and shoulders. He felt a warm body pressed up against his and kept his eyes closed, not daring to look at the face of his 'rescuer'. The teen felt something soft and fluffy dry his face so he slowly opened his eyes. He blushed even more when he saw the crimson orbs of the spirit of the Millennium Puzzle.

"I…I…um…thanks, Yami," Yugi stammered as he wrenched himself free from the spirit's embrace and immediately wrapped the towel around his midsection.

Yami chuckled as he raised an eyebrow at the smaller teen. "You're welcome, Yugi, but next time make sure that there isn't anyone else in the bathroom with you," he remarked, some unidentifiable emotion raging in his eyes.

Yugi just nodded as he dashed back to his bedroom. As soon as he closed the door, the tri-color haired teen leaned up against the door and breathed quickly. His heart was racing after seeing Yami in the bathroom…and his face flushed as he realized that the ancient Pharaoh was nude…wondrously, gloriously nude. His form was slender, but still had a muscular definition to his body. And the part of the spirit's body that Yugi touched…that just made the teen sigh and think.

The young duelist always had an appreciation of the female form. He found most of them attractive and nice to be around. And now that he saw his darker half naked, he knew that he was attracted to him…and other males. He blushed even more when he made that realization. He sighed softly and began rummaging through his closet and drawers to find something to wear. He groaned as he realized that tomorrow was laundry day and all he had left to wear were a couple of pairs of black leather pants, a black leather vest, and two shirts. One was an amethyst colored silk button-up top and the other was a plain white t-shirt with a cartouche of his name in hieroglyphics printed on the front.

Shrugging his shoulders, Yugi decided to wear a pair of the black leather pants and the t-shirt with the cartouche on it. He poured himself into the leather pants (they were rather tight…^_^ ;) and was about to put the t-shirt on when he heard a knocking on the front door. He ran out of his room with the shirt in his hands and ran down the stairs to answer the door since Yami was still in the bathroom. When he opened the door, there was a postman holding a small package waiting.

"Are you Yugi Mutou?" the postal worker asked as Yugi hurriedly pulled his t-shirt on. The teen nodded as the postman handed him a paper in a clipboard and a pen. "I have a package for you and I need your signature."

Yugi signed the paper and was given the small package. The postman nodded and left, leaving the tri-color haired duelist to stare at the parcel for a moment. There was his name and address, but there were no other names on it. The box was quite small and it did not make much noise as he shook it. Slightly confused, he just walked back inside and went to the kitchen. He set the box down on the counter and proceeded to make breakfast. As he was cooking some pancakes, his darker half entered.

"Good morning, Yugi," Yami replied as he saw his light making breakfast. He chuckled inwardly as he noticed Yugi's face become slightly pink. "I'm sorry about earlier…I should have let you know that I was in the bathroom."

The teen nodded as he put a plate of pancakes in front of the ancient spirit. "I…Um…that's okay, Yami," he stammered lightly as he sat down at the kitchen table. He had a full stack of pancakes in front of him as well. "It's nothing…that I couldn't handle."

The Pharaoh chuckled softly as he sat down. He was about to take a bite of his meal when he spied the small parcel Yugi got on the counter. "Yugi…what is that?" he asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

The tri-color haired teen looked up at Yami. "Huh? Oh, you mean that small box," he answered as he got up from his chair. He went over to the counter and picked the box up and walked back to the table. "The postman made me sign for it."

Yami narrowed his eyes for a moment as his hikari handed the parcel over. He examined the box thoroughly to make sure that there wasn't anything wrong with it. "I don't see a return address on it, aibou…"

"Oh Yami…why are you so suspicious?" Yugi moaned, his amethyst eyes rolling in exasperation as he took the box out of Yami's hands. "I don't see anything wrong with it. People sometimes forget to put in the return address when mailing things out."

"You are too trusting sometimes," the spirit mumbled as he finished eating his pancakes. He then gazed upon the teen; his crimson eyes had a questioning look in them. "Yugi, what are your plans today? You're certainly dressed to go out. It's a good look on you…especially the t-shirt."

Yugi blushed lightly and smiled shyly at Yami. The cartouche top was a gift from his darker half a couple of months ago. "Thanks," he answered softly as he finished his meal. "Oh…well, Mai wanted to come by and talk to me about getting Joey to notice her."

Yami just raised an eyebrow as he looked at the teen. When Yugi was about to put the dishes away, he stopped him. "No, you cooked so I will clean. But first, I would like to see what some stranger sent you."

The young duelist sighed and nodded as he gingerly ripped the brown paper off the parcel. His eyes went wide for a moment as a jeweler's box was revealed. He carefully opened it and gasped as he saw what was inside. It was a delicate silver chain that seemed to shine brightly under the kitchen lights. Hanging on the chain was a Dark Magician pendant done in silver filigree. It was a fragile-looking piece of jewelry that was also quite expensive. The name of the jewelry store was on the box and it was from one of the most expensive stores in Domino.

"By Ra…" Yami exclaimed softly, his crimson eyes never leaving the pendant. "It's beautiful, Yugi…Who could have sent it to you?"

Yugi shook his head, silently letting the spirit know that he doesn't know either. Just as he was about to put the jewelry box away, a folded piece of paper fell out. He picked it off the floor and put it in his pocket because Yami could see it. He just knew the note was from 'Christmas Angel' and he wanted to read it in private. What he didn't know was that the spirit did see the teen's actions and frowned slightly.

"I'm going to wear this," the young duelist remarked as he clasped the delicate necklace around his neck and let the Dark Magician pendant dangle gently over his shirt. Yami had to admit that it looked very nice around the pale skin of Yugi's neck. "If you have any plans today Yami, I'll just keep the game shop closed for today. I know it's only Friday but I have no classes today and I'd like to spend the day outside. It's nice for a change…"

The ancient spirit glanced at Yugi curiously, his eyes narrowing slightly as if trying to figure out his light's motives for the day. He wondered if it had anything to do with the pendant…and the note that he saw the teen pocket surreptitiously. "No…I don't have anything to do today," Yami remarked slowly as he watched the teen make his way to the living room. "I'll mind the store…you go and have some fun. Just…be careful, aibou."

The tri-color haired teen gave his darker half a huge smile and ran back into the kitchen to give the spirit a hug before going back to the living room. He picked up his cell phone and clipped it to the belt around his leather pants as he went to the front. He hurriedly put on a pair of regular black boots and put on a heavy winter coat before stepping outside.

The day was bright and sunny as Yugi began walking alongside the street. He smiled as he thought of the pendant that was now around his neck and that reminded him about the note that he jammed in his pocket earlier. He carefully pulled the paper out of his pants pocket and unfolded it to see the familiar elegant calligraphy scrawled upon the parchment and began reading it eagerly.

'Dear Yugi,

I hope that you have received my latest gift to you. I hope that it appeals to you. You may regularly wear the golden Millennium Puzzle around your neck, but to me, your beautiful skin would look so much better in silver. It also goes well with the lovely shade of your eyes. They remind me of finely hewn amethysts sparkling like the stars on a crystal clear night. I know that I could lose myself forever in them.

By now, I am sure that you are curious as to my identity. I'm afraid that I will have to disappoint you…I won't tell you. But I'm sure that you would have figured out by now that you can try and figure out who I am. I suppose…that I can give you a clue with each gift starting with this one.

Since I know that the Dark Magician is your favorite card, it could mean that I'm a duelist. Then again, that fact about you is well known throughout the world of Duel Monsters and those who follow it. However, here is the true clue…I am not one of your female friends. Yes, I know who your friends are. I know a lot about you, Yugi, and I love you for what I have learned and seen.

Until the time we meet under the mistletoe, I bid thee farewell.

Love,

Christmas Angel'

"Wow…" Yugi murmured as he read the note over and over again. It was another sincere message that pulled at Yugi's heartstrings. He stuffed the note back in his pocket when his cell phone began to ring. "Hello?"

"Yugi, I'm glad that I caught up with you," the voice on the other line replied. "I called your house and Yami said that you already left. Anyway, I was hoping we could meet at the arcade to talk about Joey. We could get something to eat there and maybe have a friendly duel in the process."

"Sounds great, Mai," the young duelist answered, a smile on his face. "And I got something to show you when we meet…"

"Alright, Yugi, I'll see you in about thirty minutes," Mai responded on the other end. "Bye for now."

"I'll see you soon," Yugi said as he turned his cell off. He couldn't wait to show Mai his latest gift…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Oh my God!" Mai exclaimed, drawing the attention of several people in the arcade. She didn't care as she grinned at the petite teen. "Whoever gave you that silver pendant has EXCELLENT taste. I'm so jealous, Yugi…"

Yugi giggled slightly as he pulled the note from his pants pocket and handed it to her. "You should read this too," he replied, a huge smile brightening his innocent face. He smiled even more as the blonde duelist took the letter and read it, her eyes going wide for a moment as a wistful sigh escaped her lips.

"Whoever is doing this really cares deeply for you," Mai commented as she handed the paper back to her friend. "I was wondering…maybe I could do something like this for Joey?"

The tri-color haired duelist thought for a moment and then nodded. "I think that would be the best way. And I know what sort of presents you could get for him."

The blonde woman smiled warmly at Yugi and gave him a huge hug. "Thank you so much, Yugi!" she replied, her eyes shining with happiness. "It's almost lunchtime and I'm hungry. Let's get something to eat…I'm buying."

Yugi laughed as he returned the hug and chuckled. "You know…if you told Joey that you would be buying lunch for him, he would be all over you, especially if it was pizza," he teased, knowing his best friend's 'addiction' to pizza.

"Ha ha…very funny, short stuff," Mai rejoined, the tone light and friendly. "Come on, the place I'll take you to is just across the street. And then afterwards, I want a rematch from the duel we had earlier."

"Deal," the young duelist agreed with a smile as they both exited the arcade. Both of them were unaware of a set of eyes watching them closely.

The person who belonged to the eyes sighed for a moment before tightening his coat around him and pulled the hood over his head. He was in the arcade just to play a few games and keep his mind off of a few things when he spotted the amethyst eyed angel enter the arcade and meet up with Mai Valentine. He had gotten a fit a jealousy when he saw them together and then he noticed the silver chain and pendant hanging around Yugi's neck.

"He was wearing my gift," the person thought to himself, a satisfied smile on his face. "That means he likes it…I hope he will like me when he learns of my identity."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sharem: Woo! Another chapter finished…and I think it's longer than the first one…^_^ I just want to thank ACIDFLOWER for helping me with ideas for this chapter. Without her help, I don't think this chapter would have come out until much later…^_^ So, THANK YOU! Also, color me surprised with whipped cream and chocolate syrup when I saw all those reviews for the first chapter…you guys are great. And yes, this story will be yaoi/shonen-ai…^_^

Another note, the naming of the chapters was inspired by the way the chapters were named in "In My Arms" by Seth here at AFF…^_^ I think that it fits.

Oh! I need help in thinking of more gifts '<i>Christmas Angel</i>' could send to Yugi…if you have any ideas, don't be afraid to email me…it's in my profile…the email address, that is…^_^;