Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Under the Rose ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! nor any of its characters. I make no money from the writing of this fanfiction.

Under The Rose
By ratcatfish
A Yu-Gi-Oh! Fanfiction
Main characters: Seto Kiaba and Jounouchi Katsuya
Possible Puppyshipping in later chapters

Summery: Sub Rosa. Under the rose. A secrete among secretes. Something never to be spoken of. Not to be known by anyone, even those who lived it. Something one cannot even allow the vaguest hint of reaching another that the information even exists. Two sworn to secrecy under the rose. Their story is about to come to light.

Chapter 0: Prologue

Fate traveled over the path of her chosen, checking over each and every twist and turn, bend and points of intersection. She scrutinized the areas where paths overlapped and merged, traveling together before slitting apart once again. She went over every grain of sand, spec of dust, particle and atom until she was satisfied. Well, almost satisfied. There were to separate paths that had major roles in the success of her chosen, but the two who walked them were soul dead.

Curious, Fate chose one of the two paths and began to follow it after it separated from that of her chosen. She was surprised to the path was soon joined by the other soul dead one. She was not surprised to the two paths end almost as soon as they joined. Intrigued by the double suicide, Fate followed the path she was backward, to before it crossed that of her chosen. She wanted to know if the two knew each other from before. They had never before met until joined by her chosen.

An idea forming in her mind, Fate followed the path all the back to its very origin. Neither had even the slightest idea the other even existed, and yet their souls called out to each other. They were soul mates. For them to recognize their soul mate while soul dead showed that their bond must be old and deep and very strong. Such a bond should not be prevented from coming into bloom. Knowing Destiny would be mad at her for what she was about to do, Fate began to manipulate the two paths anyway. She couldn’t not take on such a task. They needed to meet before their souls broke beyond repair and withered away.

When Fate was done only two points of contact were locked. One with each other, the other with her chosen. Otherwise, their paths were their own, she had made sure. No one, not even her or her sister Destiny, could decide where those two paths lead. No one could even predict it because she had not set the paths on new course but completely freed them from manipulation from the higher beings. The only thing that guided their paths was to be the choices they would make throughout their lives. Fate had made sure of it.

>Critics are welcome. Flames are not. I’m used to writing one-shots that never get posted, not multi-chapter stories, so I apologize in advance if this get kind of weird or confusing from chapter to chapter.