Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Malik's Return ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do NOT own Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its characters.

Seto watched her from the shadows, sitting out in the sun, her face slightly upturned to catch the rays, which latched on to her skin and burrowed in, so it seemed as if she glowed with the fire of the sun. She positively glistened with it.

Or maybe it was the sun screen.

What was it about this woman that made him wax poetic, like some kind of mush minded fool?

Was he turning into Joey?

She was like some kind of pagan idol brought to life. Hell, she even had the name.

Isis.

Beautiful, sweet goddess.....

*SPLASH*

"Hey! Kaiba! You look a little overheated." Joey announced, pouring a bucket of water over his head. Seto growled and spun to hit him, only to be stopped by the laughter of the others as they lounged around the public pool.

WHY had he agreed to come on this reunion? He didn't even *like* these resorts. He avoided them like the plague, though Mokuba had been bugging him to take a vacation for a while.

Isis turned her head to him and held up the sun screen. "Could you get my back?"

Oh yeah. That was why.

Seto shrugged his shoulders, pulling of his now soaked coat and laying it out in the sun. "Sure." To took the bottle, determined to look cool and confident as he squirted the lotion into his hand and crouched behind the gold skinned goddess. She moved the straps of her modest emerald bathing suit off her shoulders to give him full access. He felt her shiver as he touched her shoulder with the lotion. Her skin was smooth and soft, like silk. He smoothed the lotion over her shoulders slowly, taking his time to enjoy the feel of her warm skin beneath his hands. More than a few of his dreams of late had involved very similar circumstances.

He dug his fingers into the spaces between her vertebrae, spreading the lotion out with his palm. He got close enough to smell her hair. Jasmines.

"Whoo-hoo! Score one for Kaiba!"

"Joey Wheeler!" *thwap*

"Owwww! I didn' do nothin', Mai!"

Seto let his hands drop into his lap, and he handed the bottle back to Isis. "Thank you." she said quietly, pulling the straps back up.

"So, where has your brother gotten to?" Seto asked lightly moving so that he was sitting beside her, just out of reach.

"He's gone off on some kind of vision quest. He wanted to find himself. I got a postcard from him a few weeks back from Brazil. Before that, it was Alaska." She shrugged her shoulders, much to Seto's enjoyment. "He seems to have picked up a traveling companion."

"Your brother? Someone would willingly spend time with.... him?"

A shadow fell over them, and a certain bronze skinned blond chuckled. "I like to think I've changed a bit since the last time you saw me." Malik said with a smirk, folding his arms across his chest. Seto managed a polite smile and a nod.

"I didn't think you'd come." Isis said, looking up at her brother. The large black dog at the young man's side yawned, snapping its massive jaws at them. Seto had no doubt that the dog could easily take a hand off, if it wanted to. It was a predator, like its master.

Malik knelt down and dug his fingers into the dog's shiny black coat, much to its clear enjoyment. "I thought I would see for myself if you could get the others to come back. This is Kaminari, by the way." The black dog's tongue lolled out of its mouth.

"Heeey! Malik got himself a puppy dog!" Joey launched himself out of the pool, walking right up to the dog and giving it a pat on the head.

"She's not a dog." Malik said, a smirk creeping back onto his face. "She's a wolf."

Seto's spine stiffened as he gave Malik's companion a second look. He could have sworn he saw the wolf wink at him before she snapped at Joey's hand, much to Malik's (and Seto's) amusement. The dueling monkey jumped back and screamed like the wolf HAD bitten him. Isis frowned as her brother chuckled and clucked his tongue at the wolf.

"I think perhaps its time I checked in." Malik said dryly as he watched Joey hop around, clutching his hand.

"You do that." Seto watched Isis' full lips turn down in a slight frown as he watched her brother and his pet walk off.