Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Virtual World: Rebellion (Re-Editted) ❯ Digitalization Flawed ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Virtual World: Rebellion (total re-edit)
 
Author's Note: I would just like to make one thing clear, and that is that all OCs are the works of other authors know through mediaminer.org and fanfiction.net. But this is not an interactive story, this is a simulation of Dungeons & Dragons where the Dungeon Master, that's the author typing this now, decides what goes down and how. I thank you for taking the time to read this and hope you enjoy the humor and humility of what the OCs are in for.
 
 
Chapter 1 - Digitalization Flawed
 
Everything went black.
Previously the computer monitors where two friends have been instant messaging each other were becoming cluttered with pop-ups, specifically about Kaiba Corp. Both became rather furious because they thought their comps were acting up…rage ended when they found out they were both getting it at the exact same time.
One of them concerned herself, going up and down the computer wiring to see any weak connections and even going to the home Internet network to see if anything was amiss with that. She had accepted the position of home's technician, commonly working out the wiring on the electrical appliances.
The other fought through the pop-ups to do a reboot on her laptop in her dorm. But hitting control-alt-delete couldn't bring the laptop computer to a system restart. She dreams to follow in her idol's footsteps to as far as being his highest secretary, even if it meant breaking into his office and mummify him in duct tape after knocking out every guard, just to say hello.
By now, the instant messaging program was disconnected with promise of return. Both of them have done all they can. The college student beginning to worry about the owner of the pop-ups; the home girl returning to her computer and was about to do a manual shutdown. They blacked out without warning, and no sign to recover consciousness.
What seemed like an eternity of darkness would soon shed some light. “Ge….Mira…” a voice harshly whispered with intervals of silence fading. “Gema…Miranda… Gema! Miranda! Wake up!” The demand followed with hard kicks of an iron boot to one arm each. One rose up to her knees first, rudely awakened by the one calling, the other lying on the ground next to her twitched after she was kicked again in front of the one awake.
“Stop that!” She demanded through a fabric sass that covered her mouth and pulled it away from her face. Her teeth gritted tightly at the caller before she nudged the other awake. “Miranda? Wake up.” The soft voice made Miranda relax and she got one arm under her with black scaly wings just in between her shoulder blades and spinal column.
“Gema…what happened?” Miranda asked as her consciousness slowly returned.
“I'm…not sure…” Gema answered, looking slightly startled at the wings and tail lining her friends back. She looked up to the one calling them earlier. No skin exposed anywhere; instead a white mask with two slits for eyes were connected to a decorative armor of gold from head to shoulder and draped in fine robes of green with gold embroidery and a red cape. “Who are you!” Gema demanded while they both got to their feet. Miranda standing on black talons.
The masked representative sighed under his armor; “I am Marths, YOUR commanding officer.” He emphasized. “We were on our way to meet His Majesty to discuss our next move when you two collapsed.” Gema and Miranda stared at him with uncertainty. Marthis turned around and began to proceed in a direction. “Follow me, you two. I shouldn't be seeing this from my two highest marshals. And His Majesty has very short patience.” He said coldly. Without any much of a choice, they followed him down the hall.
Faint voices sounded familiar, one that snapped Gema into a huge smile. Miranda was more worried about Gema's weapon strapped to her back, a large, jagged flamberge with a crescent cut out near the end of the blade. One edge lined with sapphire cut to slash without a mess. Gema looked to see Miranda growing nervous, “Miranda?” she asked and felt a handle standing over her shoulder. Gema pulled it forward and stared in awe of the weapon she held for combat. On it they saw their reflections.
Gema's hair was worn down and the color almost like a piece of white-gold jewelry, and her warm blue eyes were glazed with an odd look of confusion. Her blue sash hung loose around her neck over an outfit coordinate of blue and white. White tank top and skirt over a full-body cover of blue. A streak of jagged white ran down her left leg and concluded with a pair of soft-sole shoes and pads of armor covered her knees, forearms, and shins.
Miranda was curious of her own image as well. Her short hair of brown and red streaks ruffled in a mess with two black horns jutting from behind each ear and one more pair close to her hairline. Further down, her normal eye color was replaced with fiery red irises and extensive fangs. Her dominant attire color is black; a black shirt began with a bare back to extend her wings and several pieces of obsidian armor ended at human hands with longer nails. Black, boot-cut stretch pans ended with black dragon talons replacing her feet and a black segmented tail trailed for about four feet. It was all concluded with a red stone hanging on a thin black chain.
“It…looks like you're a Red-Eyes Black Dragon…” Gema stared at Miranda's reflection.
“And you look like…a ninja that's too brightly colored. Where's the black?” Miranda gazed at Gema's reflection.
“If you two are done beautifying yourselves, His Majesty and the captain of the Imperial Guard are waiting for us.” Marthis said, standing in front of a doorway. Gema and Miranda hurried towards the doorway he was at and stopped in their tracks. Gema's blue eyes glistened at the sight of her idol, waiting at a table with his cold gaze and uniform of white leather, sleeveless trench coat and black coordinating shirt and pants. Miranda watched nervously at Marthis as he approached another awaiting face, and older face. Skin a shale gray over aged skeleton with purple draping robes and a headdress to match.
“Took you three long enough.” He scowled. “But as I was saying, the Resistance grows in various areas of Rondeval. I need to be assured that my best Marshals can put these peasants to rest and the Resistance out to pasture. Kaiba, you're leading the Imperial Guard forces to Maryah-Denn. Take what you need, Miranda and Gema will accompany you.” Putting Kaiba in charge made Marthis question otherwise.
“But your Majesty, surely you know that Kaiba is unaware of what he is doing.” Marthis advised.
“I'm aware I'm about to break that mask open like an egg and rip your tongue out.” Kaiba fired back, making Marthis jump but the girls to giggle. “I know what I'm doing, until I find a way out of Gursaburo's trap, I'll play this stupid game.” He took a glance to Gema and Miranda, “You two better stay out of my way.”
With some though, the king spoke up again. “Marthis, you go along with them and report to me if anything goes wrong. You're all dismissed, I want you out to Maryah-Denn in one hour.” With that, they all left but Marthis. Kaiba walked out through another corridor with Gema and Miranda behind him, Gema barely containing herself from exploding in excitement.
“Kaiba you're so awesome!” Gema cheered after they were far from the room they were in. Kaiba turned on a heel and scanned the two with an upheld glare.
“You two seem strong enough, the reason I'm letting you two tag along with me is because I've seen your teams of monsters.” He said, they answered with the repeated question of the phrase “teams of monsters.” Kaiba rolled his eyes, “apparently you two got thrown into this as well, but with how you dress, I can't tell if you're humans or part of the program. Looks like Gozaburo did succeed.”
“Gozaburo?” Gema asked. Miranda answered before Kaiba did.
“Gozaburo Kaiba, he used to be the head of a military organization company. When he fell to his death from suicide, Seto Kaiba took hold of the company himself and changed it to a gaming company, mainly in the game of Duel Monsters and advances in holographic technology.” Kaiba blinked for a moment.
“Saved me the breath to answer. If you knew that, then you two must be human. But it puzzles me how you ended up like that, a ninja and a dragon.” He sighed. “But you've forgotten that Gozaburo succeeded. After his suicide, Gozaburo had his brain downloaded into a computer where he succeeded to digitize the world. Every electrical device that is connected to the Internet and affected anyone whom was nearby. I would imagine there'd be a few glitches because I was sent her by a virtual pod that connect the human senses.” He explained.
“While we got here without any special equipment…” Gema muttered to herself. “So there would be more like us, but what determined how we got like this?”
“It could be a number of reasons. Mostly based around the system that sent us here.” Miranda answered.
“That's more than likely the case.” Kaiba had a moment to think for himself, “You two seem a shade higher than that Marthis. You're almost on my good side.” The compliment made Gema spring again.
“So what's this about our teams of monsters?” Miranda asked while Gema daydreamed. Kaiba led them further down the hall that looked like it led outside.
“Here, we are called Marshals, we decide the war's outcome. Other than us, Mokuba, Haysheen, and Marthis are Marshals as well. We each have a trio of monsters based on compatibility.” Kaiba began and stopped at a set of wide gates. Two green Cyclops monsters, Hitosume Giants, pushed the doors open, blinding the girls for a moment. Their eyes adjusted when a large dragon reflected sunlight with white scales approached Kaiba. “I have my three Blue-Eyes White Dragons of course, Ibris, Djibril, and Azreal. Gema, yours are over there.” Kaiba pointed out to another trio.
All of them were female. The first an angelic figure with short ginger hair and dressed in glimmering white and gold fabrics. The other two were twins, one with a lighter skin tone with purple marking over her eyes and dressed with turquoise colors. She had long sleeved gloves and a dress to her mid-thighs with white fluff bordering. Her sister darker with green skin dye on her forehead; she had a little less coverage than her sister did with one purple glove on her right hand, and gold band wrapped on her left arm, and purple boots and dress that ended at her knees. Gema's astonishment was evident. “Gemini Elf and Guardian Angel Joan. THANK YOU KAIBA!” Gema cheered like the fangirl she was and hugged Kaiba quickly before she met her monsters.
Kaiba's anger appeared and looked to Miranda. “Believe me, I won't do that. She's a bigger fan of you than I am.” Miranda tried to justify. Kaiba pointed to another group of monsters, indicating they were Miranda's. All of them were from her Amazoness Deck. An Amazoness Paladin stood in attention with her sword in the ground in front of her and eyes as serious as Kaiba's. Next was an Amazoness Swords Woman, one of the more ruthless of the Amazoness with the ability to fire back damage that could be done to the user. She had a jagged sword set over her shoulder. Finally, the Amazoness Tiger rested peacefully even though it had a scar down its left eye.
Miranda bowed, “Thank you Kaiba.” She said before hovering to her team. Lastly, a child rushed up with the biggest smile. His long black hair was messier than Miranda's and had the attire of a yellow vest over a blue-marine-striped shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes. “Seto! We're almost ready to head out to Maryah-Denn.” He informed, and looked to Gema and Miranda distracted by their teams.
“You two, stock up! We leave in one hour.” Kaiba commanded and the girls scattered to see what they could do.