Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Virtual World: Rebellion (Re-Editted) ❯ Differences Between CPU and 1P ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2 - Differences Between CPU and 1P
 
Kaiba beckoned one of his dragons to lower its head and let his kid brother Mokuba climb on just in front of the dragon's shoulders. He called for another and mounted on himself; looking to Gema and Miranda. He ignored Miranda on the aid of transport since she had, and already knew how to use, her wings. “I'm assuming you'll need a lift?” He asked Gema. She was speechless when spoken to but climbed on anyway.
Marthis was already aboard a Sky Dragon, a giant four-winged, purple eagle concealing dangerous blades in its wings. “Shall we head off? The more we wait, the larger the Resistance will become.” He said in a shaking matter. Kaiba returned with his cold glare, making Marthis shrink in his decorative attire.
“Kaiba?” Miranda asked for his attention while she looked about the monsters that can only levitate or walk. “What do we do about the monsters that can't run or fly fast enough?” Kaiba snapped his fingers and the levitating and earthbound monsters transformed into cards in their owners' hands. They didn't look like normal Duel Monsters gaming cards; they were more like info cards. Including the normal bio of the monster with added information. The girls were impressed of the effect while skimming the cards in their hands.
Gema was especially amazed to see that all of her monsters had special abilities. She read the ability of her Guardian Angel Joan. “Halo Gift: Affective throughout the battle, affects all monsters on own team. All damage done to opponent monsters become HP to the attacking monster.” She read to herself, grinning widely at the fantasies unimaginable come to virtual reality.
“May we please go now? The threat of the Resistance grow by the second.” Marthis panicked, even the Sky Dragon he mounted looked about frantically. The four of them replied with glares, even muttering from Gema and Miranda asking how Kaiba wound up with Marthis. Another moment and Kaiba hinted his dragon to take flight, Mokuba, Gema, and Marthis followed, Miranda brought up the rear and quickly flew into rank.
Just under the clouds' level, Kaiba led his dragons with Marthis right behind. Miranda pulled up along side Marthis, she felt a cold gaze and dodged a swipe of wing blade. Another evasion before she pulled herself up next to Gema, looking at Marthis with disgusted sights.
Marthis demanded, “Miranda, Gema, you are my soldiers and stay with rank with me! I don't care if you're on one of Kaiba's dragons!” Kaiba shot his glare over the shoulder.
“I can blast you clear out of the sky if I wanted to, Marthis. Gema and Miranda will follow my orders, do I make myself clear?” He said coldly, Marthis mumbled and fell back from the White Dragons. The rest of the trip was silent except for random questions on how Gema and Miranda got to the positions where they were.
“So this Noah kid, he had the idea first to connect all the computers around the world? Hasn't that already been done, say Internet?” Gema asked after hearing Kaiba's back-story.
Kaiba continued, “It goes farther than that, Noah wanted to connect the users across the globe-not just the computers. Gozaburo took that one step further, and transported our minds here, yours through a different method as we've clarified previously, which seems to me you two will be unstable here.”
“Unstable?” Miranda repeated.
“If my theory is correct, it won't be long before your bodies are found unconscious in front of your computers and your senses will jump between the virtual world and the real world. You'll begin to hear voices of those that find you, brief visionary flashes, maybe even feel what's being done to you in the real world.” He resumed, making both Gema and Miranda wince at the probable truth. “I need to find Gozaburo, he's putting everyone here he transported through the electrical currents of the Internet in high risk of more than just virtual appearances. I've no idea what the long term effects are of mind downloading and I don't plan to find those out when it means a lawsuit from every Internet user around the world.” Both of them tried to take it all in while flying around a high mountain peak.
“And what about Noah?” Gema wondered.
“I suppose I owe him some gratitude for trying to stop Gozaburo before he succeeded in digitizing the world. He tried to make our exit but Gozaburo succeeded, scattered the data of the Virtual World we were previously in, and here we are. And right in the middle of my Battle City Tournament…” Kaiba grimaced in hidden rage, “as if Kaiba Corp didn't take enough of a financial beating from my back-stabbing councilmen, now this.” There was a pause again; the last one before the land below them dipped down to level ground. A vast plain stretched over a large part of the northern piece of Rondeval. They began to descend when a small territory made up of four villages connected by trails into a circle came into view.
“We land there, the castle Maryah-Denn lies to the east.” Marthis directed them towards their right. A large castle untouched even with no watchtowers active by guards. Two towers spread out to four points each near the back of the castle and surrounded by thick blockading walls. The entire fortress built from brick, the perfect defense in what seems like the Medieval Dark Ages in a computer game.
They finished descent and dismounted their dragons in a courtyard behind the guarding walls. Marthis opened up his cards to a giant blue fiend known by Zoa, and a wicked-looking flower called Dark Plant. Mokuba released a large wooden horse, a Trojan Horse; followed by a warrior with horns sprouting from his head and a twisted sword forged from a dragon's horn, a D. Human. And finally the last monster in his trio was riding a white dragon half the size of a normal Blue-Eyes White Dragon. The rider had green flesh under pieces of turquoise armor with gold trim, a Paladin of White Dragon.
Gema seemed most impressed as she called out her monsters, “Mokuba, nice team.” She complimented.
“Thanks,” He replied with the same enthusiasm as Marthis tried to get everyone's undivided attention.
“Excuse me? I have the data to our first mission today.” Marthis cleared his throat, “Now since all four of you are not yourselves, I've found an easy task. So you all should be able to complete this and show that you can do more than just drills.”
“Keep your comments to yourself.” Kaiba hissed and beckoned Marthis to get down to the mission.
“Two Marshals belonging to the Resistance are hiding out in the western village of Riz-Phonn, and they won't come out to greet us. My suggestion is we take control of one of the nearby villages: Ru-Ma-Pann to the north, or Seirauna to the south. With that, they'll do anything in their power to try and get it back.” A silence befell the group that was listening. Gema was first to answer.
“Does everyone here have the same thought as I do? I don't want to act on my own if I get a disagreement from my commanding officer.” She asked.
Kaiba paused for his own answer. “Marthis, thank you for volunteering first…you'll take Seirauna in the south. Gema, Miranda, please show him to the main gates.” Both of them grinned. Gema raised her flamberge over her head like it weighed nothing, Miranda cracked her knuckles that soon transformed into flaming fists, and an explosive WHAM could be heard as far as the mountain range south of Maryah-Denn making the tiny Fairy Dragons scatter.
A wedged cut shot through Marthis left shoulder armor, and a charbroiled crater on his right plate. A second previous he stood proud in the regal armor, now lying on the ground seemingly unconscious. The girls took a foot each and began to drag Marthis out of the courtyard, both of them curious to know why his armor hasn't separated from his body while he was being towed over the cobblestones.
After Gema and Miranda dragged Marthis out, they turned to his monsters. Miranda hissed lowly, streams of black smoke escaping her mouth as her irises lit up blood red. The three monsters paled and ran for it outside the castle, the gates being closed and locked afterwards. Marthis just regained his consciousness and climbed to his feet, feeling a few pounds lost off his armor. He didn't seem too worried of the damage, the empire was rich enough to replace it completely. Though Marthis cursed to himself under the mask for different reasons, climbed onto Sky Dragon and flew to the village not too far away.
The rest watched from the observation decks that lined the inner parts of the blockade walls, all of them sharing the look that Marthis was pathetic, it seemed he couldn't carry his own weight of armor sitting on top of his shoulders like a football quarterback. “Gema, if Marthis is correct, once he reaches Seirauna there will be a Marshal coming out of Riz-Phonn. You will undertake Riz-Phonn once that Marshal leaves his captain wide open.” Kaiba ordered while Marthis entered the village. Gema was more than eager to prove herself to Kaiba that her competence was higher than that of the pigeon that was previously sent out. “By the look of things, the Marshal sent out has a Mystic Horseman, a Kanikabuto, and a Soldier Ant. The Marshal you need to take out has a Dharma Cannon, a Ryu-Kihin Powered, and an Octoberser. I expect nothing less after you've been given Gemini Elf and Guardian Angel Joan.”
A minute after Kaiba told her what to do, he gave the signal to proceed and Gema replaced the sash over her mouth and nose before she leaped over the castle wall. She landed softly from a forty-foot drop and cut through the forest the villages surrounded. Guardian Angel Joan followed over the trees while the Gemini Elves tried to keep up with Gema's stealthy speeds.
Miranda waited next to Mokuba, tail twitching in slight impatience before she dropped from the wall decks and browsed about the gallery of remaining monsters. She had small thoughts of confusion when she got a friendly vibe from the imitating Blue-Eyes White Dragons, even the opportunity to stroke Azreal's broad head.
 
Against the laws of physics, Gema covered ground through the forest quickly. Landing on every branch and trunk without feeling the flamberge's extreme weight of iron on her back. Even with the bouncing, Gema had thoughts running through her head, muttering even able to escape her mouth. "What's going on here?” She wondered.
One of the Gemini Elves has caught up to her with unmeasured speeds, the darker Kachua. “You mean you don't know the war being fought all over Rondeval? Even when you were hired by Marthis to fight in it?” She asked, making Gema lose her footing and grab a tree limb with her hand, dangling for a moment before dropping to the ground. The other Gemini Elf Lora and Guardian Angel Joan rested nearby. Gema shook her head, confused from the question. Kachua took a deep breath and began, “This is the Sygh-Varth Empire, where Emperor Haysheen has ascended the throne. After a year, the people of Rondeval have been pushed to the point of poverty, heavily taxed just so the Empire Hierarchy can rest in the lap of luxury.”
“Recently, revolts from the people began all across the continent when their complaint of famine feel on deaf ears. The rebellions began from a band of thieves called the Black Dragon Squad.” Lora finished it. “However we have no choice but to follow Emperor Haysheen's orders. We have to quell the Resistance or we become the Resistance ourselves.”
“OK, I think I get it…” Gema tried to understand. “But I'll just stick to beat the crap out of the Resistance until something is done about how I get out of this virtual world.” The Elves and Joan looked at Gema in confusion. She shook her head and resumed cutting through the forest with her allies right behind her. In a matter of minutes, Gema reached the other end of the forest, quickly ducking back in when she sees a few moving figures leaves the village she came to, Kachua, Lora, and Joan doing the same.
An elderly man trekked to Seirauna. Behind him were three creatures. First was a Centaur-figure, holding a long scythe over his shoulder. Behind him was a giant black ant. And third a giant crab with bull horns on top of the shell and massive green claws.
“Those are the Mystic Horseman, Soldier Ant, and Kanikabuto.” Kachua whispered. Gema nodded to acknowledge it and waited until they were out of sight before proceeding into Riz-Phonn. The village is concealed behind a wall, not as secure as Maryah-Denn on the other side but enough to hold some resistance. The gates hung wide open, giving the ninja extreme suspicion; however, disappeared when seeing opportunity. They darted in and dodged sights by ducking behind crates and barrels.
Joan read the labels painted across the crates' planks. “They're Imperial supply reserves, for the soldiers that aren't Marshals.” She informed.
“And the Resistance swiped them…lovely.” Gema sighed sarcastically. All four of them heard a screaming like something was diving towards them. Kachua cried out in warning and everyone scattered as a flying stray spear made the barrels explode. Gema slid by a corner of a building to avoid the damaging explosion.
“Imperial dogs, I know you breached this wall. But I will fight you to the end!” A young man's voice cried out. Gema knew what he was in for and came out in full swing. She jumped off the stack of barrels with her flamberge held high over her head and slashed down, making the one to call her out jump back in fear. She held the tip just inches in front of his dark face. His attire was poor as Kachua described the poverty, he only had rags of cotton blends and a rope for a belt and no shoes.
“You have any idea who you're calling a dog?” Gema hissed coldly to imitate her idol, “I might have split your tongue off.”
“You may have the upper hand in the element of surprise, but you will go no further. Dharma Cannon, Ryu-Kishin Powered, Opctoberser, come forth!” He cried, and three creatures from different parts of the alley came to his call. First was a floating red machine with a random assortment of cannons, It seemed outdated to other machines Gema had seen in her database. Next was a monster she'd seen in Kaiba's earlier array during the Duelist Kingdom tournament, a purple gargoyle hovered over him with claws ready to rip Gema apart. Last a combination of sea creatures crawled in. Octopus legs and a fish for a head, carrying a spear on the hand of a blue human torso. “You fear my group now?”
“Hardly.” Gema said unfazed and beckoned her team to assemble. Guardian Angel Joan took up the middle and Lora and Kachua came to either side. “I bet I can put all three of your monsters down in two strikes.” Gema scanned all three opposing monsters to see which of them was the strongest. “Rating by speed, Guardian Angel Joan has first attack. Joan, do it! Angelic Arrow!” She commanded.
Joan began with a bow of light coming to her right hand, and an arrow formed as she drew back on the string; she made her target and fired, sending Ryu-Kishin tumbling to the ground. The damage was devastation and the gargoyle fiend vanished before it could climb up off the ground.
The opponent's jaw dropped, and his skin went sheet white of the shear power. Gema got his attention again, “I'm not done, now for hit number two. Kachua, Lora! Double Gemini Radiation!” She proceeded further. The Gemini Elves hovered in the air and spheres of magic charged in their hands. Lora's blue sphere was thrust first from her hands and aimed to Dharma Cannon and Octoberser, Kachua's overhead throw followed and made contact at the same time. The explosion of magic lit up the village, far enough for Castle Maryah-Denn to see it like an aurora borealis. The remaining monsters vanished in the wake of the attack and the boy was thrown off his feet.
Gema had her flamberge sitting just lightly on her collarbone with a serious glare, but hiding the amazement of the power her monsters possessed. It came to her that there was barely a contest: Guardian Angel Joan's base attack is 2800 and the Gemini Elves' attack could double to 3800 if they were separated with 1900 attack points each. Once the attack reached an end, Gema waited for her opponent to move. He only twitched, shaking badly from the eruption of magical energies. Gema shrugged, quoting a line she favored greatly and known all too well by the men she laid to waste before. “He had it comin'.” Quickly, the arrive guards apprehended Gema's opponent and she had permission to leave with her mon right behind her.
“Joan, Kachua, Lora, thanks for that impressive battle.” Gema complimented her team.
“It was hardly a battle.” Kachua hovered by her Marshal, Gema and the others couldn't help but to agree before they entered the forest and the Elves and ninja began their leaping spree through the trees. Joan flew overhead and keeping her name as Guardian Angel as she watched the three below through the dense forest. She saw Marthis just beginning to exit Seirauna and look back down.
“Marthis is leaving his assignment now. He must have not been able to beat that Marshal before the guards took hold of the village.” Joan said, getting a response of laughter from the girls down below and they picked up speed to reach Maryah-Denn Castle before Marthis did. Miranda opened the gates by herself with abnormal human strength as Gema came in first, holding a proud smile under her sash, and followed by a lagging Marthis. His Sky Dragon dragged its wings across the ground, proving the exhaustion of a losing fight. Kaiba had a satisfied smirk of Gema's success, and the coldest of glares to Marthis.
Marthis tried to regain his composure in front of Kaiba. “I see. Well, Gema has certainly proven her worth.” He said while his monsters dragged on and collapsed on the castle wall, even his Dark Plant ingrained itself into the ground but began to wilt anyway. “Now, the two we've captured will be executed publicly. The perfect example that the Resistance should never mess with the Imperial Guard.” Marthis chuckled following his commentary. “Next we have a reports of a massive revolt in Enno.” he was quickly interrupted by Kaiba.
“Spare the two Resistance Marshals, but take their monsters into Imperial custody.” He commanded, making Marthis jump.
“But sir! Imperial Law clearly state that all who oppose us must be punished by death!” Marthis objected. Gema, Miranda, and Mokuba soon to watch the verbal dispute between two of the higher ranks. “It has been our law for generations of the Sygh-Varths Empire!” Marthis rambled forth.
“You execute for your pleasure, not because the law demands it. You're just a program, I'm human, and as one I'm smarter than my stepfather is to create this distraction. It's smarter to keep them alive and let them run with their tails between their legs. You can't see the full extent of fear from a disembodied head.” Kaiba hissed back, his Dragons perched on the towers growled, staring Marthis like he was the next meal. “As far as I'm concerned, disobeying a commanding officer is a high military crime. Spare those two, but keep the monsters, those are direct orders.” Argued to a corner, Marthis had no choice but to follow command and give the soldiers the relayed message. “Oh, and one last thing Marthis. Gema and Miranda are free to execute for their pleasure as well.” The last note made Marthis jump higher than before. He looked to the girls whom had two wide grins and an even wider grin of fangs from the Amazoness Tiger that began to prowl around him.
“Oh you will pay Kaiba…you will pay…” Marthis vowed. Miranda pointed in Marthis' direction with a stiff finger and an unbroken glare.
“Kin, sic.” She commanded in a blank voice. The Amazoness Tiger, who was given the name Kin, pounced onto Marthis with all his strength and forced him to the ground. He could feel the Tiger's hot breath through the eyeholes of his mask before he heard fabric ripping apart. Marthis knew that it was his silk robes being torn.
They all watched as Kin had his way before going to the next mission. Again, Kaiba called his dragons and he, Mokuba and Gema got on while Miranda prepped herself to follow after. Once the monsters were called back to their cards, the Blue-Eyes White Dragons took off with Miranda not too far behind, all aimed to head to Enno. Marthis struggled to follow with an exhausted Sky Dragon flapping laboriously to tail the Blue-Eyes White Dragons.