Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ War of Middle Realm ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Seto: Middle Realm? Isn't it Middle Earth?

AA: No, dude. The LOTR extravaganza ended, all the movies are out and the crazed hordes camped outside the theatres 5 years in advance to see the movie on the big screen for the 7th time have finally gone home… to go buy it on DVD… you're a little behind… *takes deep breath*

Kaiba: Jesus, talk much?

AA: Shut up! I'm not weird… I'm neurotic and

Seto: *sweatdrop* ok, um yea. *Looks at notes* Hey, where am I?!?!?

AA: Here, sitting on my couch and eating my food need I remind you.

Seto: No, in the story! I stole your notes and read them to be ahead of everyone, but I'm not there!

AA: Hey, gimmie those! *Snatches notes* Well, this story you get spared of torture cuz you escape my wrath. U go bye bye.

Seto: YES!!!

AA: But if people want me to then I can write another ficcy when I finish this one bout what would have happened if you were there. Good idea, ne?

Seto: Damn!

AA: Language, language. I don't own YGO, but I do own the Middle Realm. and it's NOT a spoof from LOTR, Okies? It's all mine!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

A/N: Here's some Japanese vocab for you all that I'm gonna use. If I forget anything tell me and I'll fix it next chappy.

"Chan" is an ending to names that refers to a little girl (generally an immature, sometimes spoiled girl)

"Sama" is like saying sir or master in English, it's a sign of respect

"Yami no Game" is "shadow game" or "shadow duel", w/ever you prefer.

Chappy 2

~~Outside of the Battle Ship~~

Everyone heads for the Battle Ship, but on the way they notice Seto and Mokuba turn and head in the opposite direction.

Joey: "Say Kaiba, didja get lost on your own island? The battle ship is the other way!"

Seto: "I can find my way around on my own without a seeing-eye dog. *Glares meaningfully at Joey. Joey snarls (like a dog lol!)* I'm not spending any more time with you all. I'm headed for America for an Entertainment Convention, some "presence is mandatory or you aren't business partners with us" kind of thing and it's tomorrow. So I'm taking a jet out of here, don't want to soil my rep with my competitors." With that he turned and headed for the other side of the Duel Tower, Mokuba closely tailing after him.

Joey: "*Mumbles* Yea, we wouldn't want THAT to happen to poor Kaiba-chan." As they headed up the ramp onto the Battle Ship a tremendous roar is heard and Kaiba's jet passes over them, sending Joey's cards flying out of his Duel Disk and all over. "Damnit!" Soon everyone was scampering around trying to catch the cards before they blew into the ocean. The salty air mixed with Joey's death threats to Kaiba, whose jet was now a dot on the horizon. They eventually got all the cards and piled back into the Ship.

~~~Inside the Battle Ship~~~

The gang is hanging out in Joey's room, talking about the tournament and all that stuff (A/N: Too lazy to write it out, besides it would give away Battle City!) Yami is sitting in the corner talking to Yugi.

/Marik said that when the 3 God cards were gathered then some kind of power would be unleashed, but nothing happened./

//Well apparently they were supposed to reveal something about my past, and I still can't recall a thing.//

/You think that this whole thing was a big waste of time?/

//I don't know, but.//

/But what?/

//Nothing, it's just--// Before he could answer there was a loud crash outside and the lights flickered out. Mixed shouts and occasional curses rang out through the hallways. The lights came back momentarily, revealing a tangled mess of people. The only ones to remain calm were Ryou, who is now Y. Bakura, and Yami. They looked at each other darkly.

Honda: *From the bottom of the pile* "Boy if looks could kill..." Bakura was the first to break the stare-down and turned at Honda, growling menacingly. Honda yelped and hid in Mai's hair.

Mai: "EEEEWWW! Get your slimy paws off my hair! And I had it just the way I like it." Mai quickly began to panic because of the crisis at hand, and she jumped up, throwing everyone off her and ran for the mirror, softly cooing to her hair that it would be ok (hey, people have been known to do crazy things like lift cars when there is a crisis at hand, just blame it on Adrenaline).

Otogi: "Well. now that the "crisis" had been solved, let's look at more pressing matters. What happened just now?" Nobody answered, there were a few murmurs complaining that Kaiba Corp. can't be trusted and other things of that nature. A sold, maniacal laugh cut the conversations. Bakura was sitting on the couch laughing heartily (or whatever you call his laugh).

Bakura: "Yea, really! What happened, Pharaoh?!"*Mocking voice* "You haven't offered any explanations yet, or are you hiding something, huh?"

Joey: "You don't go and blame it on Yugi or Yami!" They soon got into a heated argument about rights of speech and laying off on Yami. Anzu shook her head in disappointment and looked around, Yami was standing at the window unmoving. Anzu approached him slowly.

Anzu: "Say Yami, what's wrong?" Yami didn't respond, his eyes fixated on something outside, he shivered slightly and wrapped his arms around himself as if he was cold. She placed her hand on his shoulder gently, "Yami?" She looked outside to see what he was staring at. "Hey Joey?" she called to Joey who was now trying to pummel Bakura with a pillow.

Joey: "Yea, what's up?" Bakura had gotten bored of Joey so he decided to switch with Ryou. Ryou was now hitting Joey back with a bigger pillow.

Anzu: "What time is it?" Joey looked her questioningly, but Anzu was watching outside the same way Yami was, her hand gently squeezing his shoulder. Joey shrugged it off and looked at his watch.

Joey: "It's 11:45 noon, why? Are you getting hungry for lunch?" Anzu glared at him, then turned back to the window.

Anzu: "If it's so early, then why is it so dark?" Everyone ran to the window and looked outside. And the sky was definitely DARK, dark like.

Otogi: "It looks like when a Yami no Game is being held." Lightning flashed across the inky expanse, causing everyone to jump. Yami backed away from everyone, brushing Anzu's hand off his shoulder and running out of the room.

Honda: "Did you guys see the look on his face? You'd think he was actually AFRAID of something."

Otogi/Joey: "Yami, AFRAID? What are you high on?!"

Ryou: "He's not any different from us, he has to get scared of something too you know." They all turned and looked at each other before taking off after Yami. They heard footsteps echoing down the long halls, and followed them all the way to the pilot's quarters. They ran in to find Yami yelling at the pilot, being restrained by the copilot.

Yami: "Don't you see the big STORM in front of us? Can't you go around it?"

Pilot: "Kaiba-sama's orders were to take this route back to Domino and drop you people off. I don't take orders from anyone else! I can't just take a different route."

Yami: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU `CAN'T JUST TAKE A DIFFERENT ROUTE' TO DOMINO?!?! IS It TOO HARD FOR YOU?!" Yami was struggling against the strong grip of the copilot and had started dragging him along the floor, moving one foot at a time, much to the surprise of the copilot. (A/N: When you get dragged around by someone that is at least a foot shorter than you it is kind of a shock to your system… its happened before)

Joey: "Um, hey Yugi [1]? Why can't we just go through the storm, its just a little rain." Yami stopped in his tracks, causing the copilot to fall backwards onto the floor. He looked at everyone, his face slightly pink from all the yelling.

Yami: "You wouldn't understand. We CAN'T go through that. I don't want you guys to-" he stopped mid-sentence, looking out the large window in front of the pilot. "Aw, shit!" With that he headed for the elevator to get onto the roof of the Battle Ship. (A/N god, he just keeps darting out on everyone doesn't he!) A tremendous flash illuminated the room, blinding everyone temporarily. Everyone opened their eyes slowly, letting the stinging feeling go away.

Joey: "Where the heck did that come from?" Honda grabbed Joey's shoulder and spun him around *he was the only one not looking outside by this time ^_^* Joey turned around and gawked, his jaw hanging open. In the middle of the sky right in front of them was a large swirling mass of purple and black, lightning crackling around it. (A/N think of a black hole charged with electricity)

Honda: "What the HELL is that!?"

Otogi: "Not good." Everyone stared at him in that "duh!" way before getting blinded by another flash of light.

Honda: "Well, so far Yami seems to be the only one who knows what's going on… again… let's go ask him." So once again the wild goose case commenced. They got outside and were greeted by an icy blast of wind.

Anzu: "Why does it always have to be COLD? I hate the cold!"

Joey: "I think the cold is the least of our worries right now." They looked around, trying to see through the black fog. They spotted Yami at the front of the Ship, surprisingly close to the black THING in the air.

Honda: "Say Yami, don't you think it would be better to stay AWAY from that, uh-"

Yami: "Portal?" He turned and looked at all of them. "Well, there isn't much point to doing anything anymore. *Runs his hand down the side of his face, frustration clearly showing* "We can't do anything to stop it from sucking up right up and landing Ra knows where. I didn't think that it would be opened up again. I suggest holding on tightly and hoping to land on something soft. Stick together and …DON'T …TRUST …ANYONE!"

Honda: "What are you talking about? You lost me."

Yami: "JUST DO IT!! I'll meet up with you guys later and explain, there's no time now." Before anyone could complain they were thrown into the air by some unknown force and drawn towards the portal. They were sucked in and the portal gave off another flash, and the whole Battle Ship disappeared.

AA: CLIFFIE (sorta). Where did I send them?!?!

Yugi: I don't care, send us back!

AA: No, it would kill my story. If you want it to continue, then R&R, at least I know that ppl are reading it ^_^… oh yeah… this thingee

[1] Everyone (in the group that is… not like the rest of the world…) knows about Yugi and Yami… except for Kaiba and Mokuba. Kiaba is still in denial about all things magical and Mokuba just follows his brother. For obvious puposes everyone decided to keep the whole Yami thing on the down low.