Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon a Star ❯ Project ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Akio- Hello! Sorry I haven’t updated in a while. ^-^;; Thanks for the reviews! Oh yes, there are a few questions I need to answer.

Leona Saclat: In answer to your question about Animal Farm, I chose that book because we had just finished reading that book in my English class when I wrote that chapter. I wanted to do a book that people were likely to read in high school, without doing The Odyssey or Romeo and Juliet or something along those lines. It’s depressing, I agree, and I would have rather done a different book like, oh say, Artemis Fowl or Harry Potter, but it’s more likely they’d read Animal Farm.

In response to your second question about how they have acquired separate bodies: Shadow Magic.

Disclaimer: I do not own YGO. Oh yeah, I don’t own Mountain Dew (I forgot to put that in the last chapter…I forgot to put a DISCLAIMER in the last chapter..) and I don’t own Animal Farm (if that isn’t obvious…).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryou stared in awe as he entered Kaiba’s office. There were couches and a big screen TV and a radio and a laptop and a hand waving in front of his face…

“Earth to Ryou! Earth to Ryou!” Kaiba said, waving his hand in front of his English partner’s face.

Ryou snapped back into reality. “Oh, sorry.” Ryou said, blushing slightly.

“Yeah, well, we need to get started.
“Right. What do you want me to do?”

Kaiba walked over to a closet that was in his office and opened it, revealing arts and crafts supplies. “Err, Kaiba? Why do you have arts supplies?” Ryou asked timidly.

“Mokuba had to do a project a few weeks ago and he insisted on doing it in here with me.”

‘How cute!’ Ryou thought.

“I guess it was cute in some ways, but it’s kind of hard to concentrate when someone’s slicing up Styrofoam in the same room as you.”

Ryou’s mouth hung agape. Kaiba did it again!!

Kaiba gave Ryou a questioning glance. “What’ s wrong with you?”

“Nothing!” Ryou replied quickly.

Kaiba raised a questioning eyebrow, but let the subject drop. “Ok, you make ‘Boxer’ and I’ll do the research and type up the paper.”

“…Are you sure you don’t want me to help with the paper?”

“Quite.”

“Oh, ok.” Ryou gathered up some of the supplied that he needed to make a replica of the beloved horse, Boxer. Ryou eyed the supplies wearily. ‘How exactly am I supposed to do this? Hmm…’ He examined the different shapes of Styrofoam he could work with. One was shaped like an egg. ‘That’ll make a good head…’ He also had some cylinder shaped pieces, a couple of spherical pieces, and a couple of rectangular prisms. “Now if only I could figure out how to put them together.” Ryou murmured.

Kaiba glanced up from his computer. “Did you say something?”

“Oh, no, I was just talking to myself.”

“…Ah.”

“It’s not weird or anything!”

“Yes it is!”

“It is not! It’s just thinking out loud!” Ryou protested.

“It’s weird!”

“You’re weird!”

“Nuh uh! You are!”

Ryou gaped at Kaiba. “Did you just say ‘nuh uh’?!”

Kaiba growled quietly and quickly went back to work.

“There’s nothing wrong with saying that, Kaiba,” Ryou insisted. “It was just surprising.”

Kaiba looked down. “Yeah, well… We all have our stupid moments. …Some just last longer than others. Take Joey Wheeler for example.”

Ryou smiled; Kaiba was trying to be funny! …Of course, he might have meant it… “Yeah, he does act kind of stupid sometimes, doesn’t he?”

Sometimes? Try all the time! Yesterday that stupid mutt was trying to copy off my test paper!”

“…You sit three seats behind him though, don’t you?”

“My point exactly.”

Ryou laughed. “I remember this one time we-that is, Yugi, the guys, and I-went to go get ice cream. Joey couldn’t decide what kind he wanted, so he just got them all. And all on one cone none the less! Wow, it was like, a five foot ice cream cone. Naturally, he tripped and ice cream was all over the place. …We’re kinda not allowed to go there anymore….”

Kaiba chuckled at this. “I remember at the Battle City finals when we were picking doors so we could figure out who was dueling who, Joey couldn’t decide which door to go through, so he used the potato song to pick a door. I tell you, that Wheeler is nuts.”

“Yeah, a few cards short of a deck., that one.”

Kaiba laughed. “You know, Ryou? You’re all right.”

Ryou smiled. “You too, Kaiba.”

“Seto.”

“Pardon?”

“I said ‘Seto’. As in, you can call me Seto.”

Ryou looked surprised, but his surprised quickly vanished and he smile brightly. “Ok, Seto.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akio- Sorry I haven’t updated in a long time. I’ll try to update the next chapter sooner. Well, please review!