Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ YGO Fic Cliche: Vampires ❯ Vampires ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
* * *
YGO Fic Cliche: Vampires
by Edmondia Dantes

Disclaimer: Not mine, don't sue.

* * *

He stood lazily, arms folded, lounging beneath the overhang of a small grocery store. Midnight in the bad part of town - but then, what part of Domino wasn't bad? At least the nightlife was exciting - or it would be, if it weren't pouring down rain.

He took a long drag from his cigarette and slumped back. Hunger was gnawing at his belly, but the nicotine was helping to stave it off. If someone didn't come along soon, he wouldn't eat tonight.

The young man sighed and blew a lock of damp platinum hair from his eyes. He'd gotten caught in the downpour halfway here, and his immaculately done hairstyle - he knew it made him look dangerous and attractive - was now a multichromatic mess draped over his shoulders. He made a halfhearted effort to work out the tangles with his fingertips, then gave up.

A low, velvet rumbling caught his attention. He glanced out into the rain-slicked streets, then had to leap out of the way with a yelp and a curse when a sleek limosine ripped by, right through a huge puddle of filthy water.

Grumbling, he settled back against the wall, pulling his short leather jacket more tightly around his slim torso. Dammit, if nobody came along soon, he was just going to go home and forget about it. He'd just starve. He shoved his hands into his pockets and stared moodily down at the tips of his steel-tipped boots. So much for feeding tonight.

Pat-pat-splash-patpatpat.

He glanced up again, eyes narrowing as a slim shape melted out of the darkness - a boy?

Splash-splash-patpatpatpatpat.

Yes, a young boy, wearing a Domino High uniform, running with his head bent against the storm, a gold something clenched in his white-knuckled hands. But why was he running?

Splash. Pat.

"Get the fuck back here, you little shit!"

...well, that explained a few things.

The boy kept running, head low, and now he could make out the three figures that pursued him.

Intervene and get dinner? Or let the thugs have their way and use them instead?

Patpatpatsplashpatpatpat.

Slim little figure in blue, boots muddied, hunched over whatever was in his arms. He couldn't see his face, but the messy hair trailing down his shoulders gleamed gold and black in the neon lights.

Curious. He waited until the boy was almost in front of him before moving.

"Oi!" he called softly, "You!"

The boy's head snapped up, and he slowed, casting wide eyes out into the darkness. He couldn't see the color, but he was certain they were beautiful.

"Come here, I'll hide you," he invited, and slipped out from the shadows and into the rain.

The boy stared at him for a long moment. He offered the boy his most attractive smile, was rewarded with a touch of pink to his pale cheeks.

"Come into the shadows?" he purred.

The boy examined his outstretched hand for a long moment as the thugs drew closer, then slowly clasped cool fingertips around his hand.

He yanked him back under the protective awning of the store, and thrust him up against the doorway, slipping in next to him and quieting him with a slim finger pressed to his wet lips. "Hush," he whispered against the boy's ear, and delighted to feel him tremble.

"Where the fuck did he go?"

Splashing and cursing, dark shadows of men slipping past. He pressed the boy more firmly against the glass and tilted his head down, nosing his cheek. A few strands of dark hair clung to his skin where they touched, and he found he liked the sensation. The boy was slightly smaller than he, pale-skinned, his flesh cool to the touch - no doubt he'd been running in the rain for a long time.

He let a smirk curve his lips. He'd enjoy playing with this one before he ate.

They were still searching, but no one could ever find him when he wanted to remain hidden.

"You all right?" he breathed against one shell-shaped ear, letting his hands fall to the boy's slim waist.

A hitched breath. "Y-yeah..."

"Good," he murmured, and brushed his lips deliberately against his earlobe. "Why are you out so late at night, babe?"

The boy tensed in his arms. "None of your business."

He chuckled and gave his pale skin a lick. "'Course not, babe. And it wouldn't have anything to do with that pretty gold thing in your arms."

He could sense the slight smirk that curved those pretty cold-pale lips. "Of course not." The boy shifted a little, stance melting so he was lounging against the storefront. "And why are you out so late?"

"Touche," he acknowledged, pulling away to look into his eyes. The light was dim, and his lashes were long and damp and very black.

"Your eyeliner is running."

The boy smiled like an angel. "So is yours."

The curses and shouting grew more distant while they regarded each other in mutual bemusement and a bit of wonder. The boy couldn't be more than seventeen, eighteen at the most - a pretty thing, cheeks still curved with youth, hair long and heavy where it fell over his shoulders.

The boy reached up and twined a strand of blond hair around his finger. "Are you my long-lost twin?" he inquired, raising a thin eyebrow.

He tilted his head and smirked. "Are you mine?"

The boy-angel smiled again. Heaven in darkness? "I'm Yugi."

"Atemu."

"Nice to meet you," he said, and swayed forwards, tilting his pretty face up. His eyes were violet.

"Agreed," Atemu purred, and tilted his head down and kissed him.

* * *

Yugi was slim and pale and pretty, and his body was still damp and chill from the rain. Atemu hoped he'd managed to warm him enough.

They lay tangled in sheets that were damp with sweat and rainwater, and he sat up and stretched sore muscles, yawning.

Yugi rolled onto his back lazily and smiled up at him.

"What big teeth you have."

Atemu opened one eye and smirked at him. "Growl."

Yugi giggled and sat up, crawling over the bed to his side. Atemu watched him lazily, a satisfied smirk on his lips. Such a pretty conquest, skin like porcelain in the dim light, eyes like eternity and a smile the Seraphim would envy.

He almost felt bad about what he was going to do.

Yugi kissed him softly, mouth firm and cool and wet. He pulled away and leaned over the side of the bed, fumbling for some pants.

"Sorry babe, no can do."

Bright violet eyes blinked inquisitively at him. "...huh?"

Atemu smiled softly, if a little sadly, and fished out Yugi's wallet from the pile. "I charge extra for cuddling."

That pretty little mouth parted, but no words came out. He looked away, not wanting to see the realization in his eyes. "...I really like you, you know," he murmured, concentrating on fishing the yen out of the soaked leather. "I wish things didn't have to be this way, but a man's got to eat."

Slim little hands settled on his shoulder, and he froze when Yugi pressed his face against the back of his neck.

"...so you're a whore?"

He tilted his head down and pretended that he wasn't ashamed. "Yeah, and...?"

"...I really like you too." Yugi slid out from behind him and sat next to him, turning to face him. "Atemu, I really do like you a lot."

He glanced at him. "Hn."

Yugi leaned forward, that same angelic smile curving his lips. "I understand, Atemu," he said softly, and took his hands. "I understand completely. I'm not going to judge you."

He blinked slowly. "...you?"

Yugi leaned forward and kissed him tenderly. "I understand," he whispered against his mouth, pulling back a little to look him in the eyes. "You do what you have to so you can survive."

"...you don't mind?" He hated the weakness in his voice.

"I don't mind. I'll even pay extra - or would you like to come with me?"

He blinked rapidly. "What?"

Yugi stroked his hands gently through his hair. "Come live with me. Be with me. I'll make it so you never have to do this again."

He stared at him. "...how?"

Yugi smiled angelically. "Just relax," he whispered, and kissed his nose, his lips, his cheek. "Just relax, Atemu, my pretty lover... I'll make everything better for you."

Atemu blinked sleepily at him, slumping back onto the bed. "...uhn?"

Yugi leaned over him, expression soft. "You'll never be hungry again," he whispered with a gentle smile, such a pretty fallen angel. Atemu reached up to touch him, but slim hands pressed his wrists back to the damped bedsheets.

"Just hush," Yugi whispered, "Everything will be all right."

He smiled up at his precious beauty, feeling sleepy and content. "Promise?"

"I promise you, lover," Yugi whispered, "You'll never go hungry again."

And Atemu didn't even scream when sharp white teeth ripped into the delicate flesh of his throat.

* * *

AN: Written because this fandom makes it way too easy. And because I like fucking with things.

RAWR! >:-L

Back to Fanfic
Back Home