Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ YGO Fic Cliche: Vampires ❯ Morning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
* * *
Morning
by Edmondia Dantes

Disclaimer:  Story mine, characters aren't.

A/N

* * *

"...temu?"

He drew in a slow breath, the familiar scent of sweat and harsh soap and sex tickling his nose. He didn't want to open his eyes, didn't want to be rolled over for another round, no matter how good the pay was. Everything hurt, and he pressed his face harder to the shapeless pillow, wistfully hoping that whoever it was would just go away.

"Atemu?"

His breath froze in his throat. He'd never given away his true name, never, what the fuck was he thinking, who was he with?!

Soft, cool fingers brushed his shoulder, and he flinched away when the stranger pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Wake up for me, pretty lover."

His eyes flew open. No. No, this wasn't happening, this couldn't be happening, he wasn't anyone's -

"Shh." A glint of gleaming eyes in the darkness, and his whole body relaxed as he stared up at his newfound angel. The boy - Yugi, his name was Yugi, and he was perfect and beautiful and kind, so gentle - the boy smiled softly at him and rubbed his nose against his cheek.

"I need you to do me a favor, okay?" he whispered gently. "Will you do one thing for me, my pretty one?"

The warmth that had built somewhere in his chest flickered and died. He drew back, curling into the cheap covers, watching him warily. Stupid! Stupid ignorant whore! Never should trust them, never, no matter how beautiful, no matter how soft and wonderful he was, how gentle he'd been, they always wanted something and he was a complete idiot to fall for that sort of act!

"Atemu." Fingers on his lips, soft and cool, and his voice was as soft as a dream. "Please, I want to take care of you. Will you let me?"

He recoiled further. No, no, he wasn't anybody's pet, he wouldn't be! He'd killed to stay alive and on his own, to be free from the brothels and the pimps, and even if he was a whore he wouldn't be a kept pet!

Yugi slid forward, soft and cool, and his breath hitched when he slid his hands down his chest. "Just a kiss."

Atemu's eyes slitted, and he shook his head. He wouldn't play this game, not when he'd - he'd actually thought that - no! Fool! Idiot!

"Atemu." He'd let him get much too close again, so soft and pretty in the dark. "I'll pay you whatever you want, give you whatever you need, if you'll just kiss me. Okay?"

He bit his lip. One kiss - one kiss and maybe he'd be left alone. Just one kiss...

"Thank you," Yugi whispered, and he didn't resist when he pulled him closer, just closed his eyes and parted his lips and waited for it to be done. Silence, for a long moment, and then a touch, careful, like he was something precious when they both knew he was nothing.

So soft...

It was slow and cool and gentle and perfect, and Yugi still tasted like rainwater, and he shouldn't be doing this, shouldn't be leaning into him, shouldn't be curling his hands into dark tangled hair, shouldn't be sighing and shifting and making such soft noises and touching him like that...

"W-wait..." he shifted and twisted slightly as Yugi pushed him back down onto the bed. "I - I only said..."

"Anything," Yugi whispered against the curve of his throat. "I'll give you all the money I have if that's what it takes. I'll leave you tomorrow if you want me to. I promise, I promise I will..."

He closed his eyes, trembling finely. Stupid whore. Stupid little whore. Don't fall in love. Don't agree, he's a liar like all the rest, don't believe his pretty lies...

"All right." The whisper slipped past his cracked lips, and he bit down on his lip hard enough to draw blood, fighting against tears. Stupid. So stupid.

"Atemu..." It was a soft, soft sigh, and then Yugi was kissing him again, deep and slow and sweet, and he pretended he wasn't shaking when he licked the first tears away.

Later, tangled up in sweet heat and trembling need, he bit down hard on Yugi's throat to keep from sobbing aloud. When they finally parted, he recognized the taste in his mouth and waited to be hit, but Yugi just kissed him again, like he was something perfect, like he was beautiful. Almost like - but no. That was a dream, and no matter how sweet a bedmate he was, no matter how soft and giving and gentle, he was a whore and Yugi was a client, not his lover.

He lay awake long after Yugi had fallen asleep, face pressed to his hair and crying like a child.

* * *

When he woke up in the morning, tangled into the motel's cheap linens, everything hurt, and he was starving and alone.

He managed to stagger into the tiny bathroom before he threw up bile, then glanced in the mirror and promptly threw up again.

His mouth tasted like old blood and salt, and his throat was raw and dripping. His hands were smeared with fresh blood and the remains of the ruined eyeliner that streaked his cheeks, and he couldn't see for the tears in his eyes.

Stupid, stupid little whore.

So fucking stupid.

* * *

He flinched when he heard the lock click, and cringed back against the shower wall when the door creaked open.

"Atemu? Atemu, are you here?" A soft creak as the door swung shut again, a soft thump as something was dropped on the bed, and then soft footsteps crossed the tiny room and the door to the bathroom slid open.

Yugi. He choked a little, coughing, reaching up to scrub fiercely at his eyes, and then the shower curtain slid open and he was there, pale and too-dark under the cheap fluorescent lighting, and he wasn't crying, not again, not again.

"Atemu." Soft hands reached for him, and he stumbled blindly forward, staggering into his arms.

Yugi held him for a very long time while he sobbed, sopping wet and naked, curled against him on the cheap linoleum floor. The water from the shower was soaking them both, but Yugi didn't seem to mind, just tugging a thin towel from the rack and draping it around his shoulders protectively.

"I'm here," he whispered, "It's all right now, pretty love." And even though he knew it was a lie, Atemu could almost believe him.

* * *

Later, much later, he stared into the mirror with dull eyes, while Yugi pressed soft kisses against his shoulder and murmured apologies into his skin.

"...what did you do to me?"

Dark, solemn eyes met his own in the mirror. "I kept my promise."

He trembled. "Yugi..."

His grip tightened. "I did it to save you! You won't have to do this anymore, you'll be safe!"

"I didn't ask for this!"

"You said you wanted it!" Yugi was holding him much too tightly, and he hated that he hated himself for the tears in his eyes. "I don't want you to hurt anymore!"

"You killed me!"

He could smell the salt when Yugi started to cry, sweet and silent, and he closed his eyes fiercely, ignoring the pain when his too-long eyeteeth sliced his lip open. He'd thought - and he'd been so sweet and so tender and so gentle and - he'd almost thought, almost dreamed - so fucking stupid. He was so fucking stupid, and the most beautiful angel in the world was crying against his shoulder, except his angel wasn't an angel, his angel had killed him, and he wanted to die but Yugi was crying and it was all his fault.

Stupid little whore. So fucking stupid.

"...don't cry," he whispered softly, eyes on the ground, hating the pleased ache of his full belly, hating the blood in his mouth, hating himself most of all. "Please - Yugi, please..."

He wouldn't stop crying, and he wanted to throw up again - and it had been good, delicious, fresh meat and Yugi's blood, and how fucking ungrateful was he, to resent the only meal he'd had in days? - but he couldn't, not like this, not now.

Atemu turned and pressed a soft kiss to his bruised lips, and didn't protest when Yugi drew him closer, digging too-sharp nails into his back hard enough to break the skin. "I wanted you to be safe," Yugi whispered against his mouth, dark eyes mournful, "I just wanted to make you happy."

"...do you love me?" His voice was trembling almost as much as he was.

Yugi touched his cheek with cool fingertips. "Do you hate me?"

"...I don't know," he whispered, and pressed his face into the sleek curve of his throat, eyes closing. "I don't know."

His angel kissed him softly, and he pressed into him hungrily, terrified of letting go. He wasn't afraid of dying - too little, too late for any of that, another statistic, another dead prostitute, another tragedy of society - he'd sworn it wouldn't happen to him, but he'd fallen hard and paid the price for his own foolishness.

"What are we going to do?"

His pretty angel stroked his hair like he was beautiful, like he was precious, like he actually loved him. "We'll live."

Atemu raised his head. "You killed me."

"...yes."

"You're crying," he whispered miserably, "I wish you wouldn't."

"So are you." Yugi kissed his cheek. "So do I."

He closed his eyes again, pressing his forehead to Yugi's. "I want to be with you."

"Me too." Soft lips, soft skin, and he sighed softly at the caress. His gentle angel, so beautiful, such a pretty liar, such a sweet monster.

He was damned, he knew, for what he'd been, but also for what he was. Bad enough to have been a whore, but only a sick man could love his own murderer.

Atemu gave a soft, broken laugh, and nuzzled Yugi fiercely. "I'm a necrophiliac," he whispered miserably. "God, what's wrong with me?"

"Stop hating yourself," Yugi murmured, nuzzling back tenderly, "I want you to be happy."

He laughed again, quiet, miserable. "I am happy." He kissed his mouth again, soft, gentle, hating the taste of their mingled tears and blood. "You're so beautiful, I love you."

"...you're crying again." Yugi pulled him down into the bed, into his arms, like he actually belonged here, like he loved him. He curled up against him, burying his face into his chest, trying to curl so tightly into him that he'd never let go. Yugi snuggled against him, petted him, cradled him and kissed away his tears.

He wanted to scream, he wanted to kill him, he wanted to kill himself and sleep forever, he wanted to wake up and never dream again.

"Don't leave me," he whispered instead, curling his hands into his shirt, shredding the soft fabric.

Yugi kissed him again, soft and wet and slow. "You know I keep my promises."

Atemu shivered.

* * *

Back to Yuugiou Fic
Back to Fanfic
Back Home