Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yin and Yang ❯ Yugi is Free! ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the show Yu-Gi-Oh! or any of its characters! I only wish I had the talent to draw an anime comic. ^_^

Pairings: Yami/Yugi, Kaiba/Jou, Ryou/Bakura, Honda/Anzu, Mokuba/Serenity

Yugi, Yami, Anzu, Honda, Jou, Ryou, and Bakura are all 20.

Kaiba is 22. Mokuba and Serenity are both 17.

/ Yugi to Yami /

//Yami to Yugi //

\ Ryou to Bakura \

\\ Bakura to Ryou \\

Personal Thoughts

On with the story! ^_^

Yin and Yang

Chapter 13

By Tiger_Serenity

*********************Yami's P.O.V********************

Why did Yugi shut me out so abruptly? He was so confused he did not notice the form falling from the sky, or feel a familiar power signature.

Suddenly Oscuro was at his side. What the...something is falling through the air!

Yami watched as Oscuro jumped towards the figure. What is he... He watched as he grabbed the form. Kurtan appeared beside Oscuro. Together they warped in midair.

They appeared beside him, laying a form down onto the ground. " His sense of direction and location is off, but he did it. Master Yugi did it!" Kurtan was dancing around.

Yugi? Yugi! He rushed around Oscuro to see a sight that almost made him sick. His heart hurt.

Yugi was laying on the ground covered in cuts and bruises. His arms were bleeding. " Yugi!" He fell next to his aibou and began placing pressure on the wounds to stop the bleeding. I could feel the wounds, but Yugi was blocking as much of the abuse as he could. They are going to pay. Somehow I will find a way to stop them.

" Master, the shock of warping knocked him out. If he hadn't been so weakened, I think he would have landed on his own safely."

" Since when has he been able to warp?!"

" He has been able to warp for a while, Master. He just has not had a reason to try until now."

" Why didn't you tell me this!? He could have been here sooner. He wouldn't have been hurt! Why?" Yami was livid. He stood up to face his chosen Shadow protectors.

The sennen eye was glowing brightly on his forehead. Both Oscuro and Kurtan backed away from him. Yami could truly destroy them if he wished.

" He had to figure it out on his own, or it would not have worked. We are very sorry, Master Yami." They both bowed quickly.

" Yami?" A raspy voice said from the ground.

" Yes, aibou?" He knelt back down beside his hikari. To whoever is listening, thank you for giving me another chance. I could have lost him. He made it to me on his own. Thank you, father. I might not understand your methods, but thank you.

" It worked! Thank, Ra. It worked!" Yami nearly lost control of his powers as he heard how weak Yugi's voice sounded. His back throbbed. He could feel in his own body how dry his throat was through their link. The hunger in his stomach also pulled at him.

He hasn't eaten in 10 hours. It is 2:00 in the morning. I don't need to eat or sleep. Oh, shit! None of the others have had any sleep. They are probably ready to fall over by now.

" Oscuro, we need water and something to eat. Now!"

Oscuro warped them to the first level next to a pond. An apple tree sprang up from the ground with a tap of his staff.

" Yugi, you need to drink. Drink slow, or you might choke. Then eat a little bit of apple. Small bites. I still don't understand that Heimlich (1) maneuver you and Kaiba tried to show me."

" Master, I need to mask your powers, and Yugi's. You are both like beacons to the Devil Monsters. I can reduce your signatures to that of a normal human. If I do not, they might be able to capture him again. Or capture you."

" Then do it."

They all watched as Oscuro pushed up his sleeves to reveal beautiful bands of gold. He pulled one off of each arm. Chanting softy he handed them both to Yami. " Wear these on your arms. Do not ever remove them."

" I am sorry for snapping at you both. You had your reasons for not telling me." He placed one of the bands high on Yugi's arm. He tried to avoid the still bleeding skin. He felt Yugi's power signature decrease in his own mind. He then placed one on his own arm.

" No need to apologize Master. We were forbidden to interfere by your father. Yugi had to figure it out on his own. I have called to someone to come help Yugi."

/ Your father? /

// I will explain later, aibou. Just rest. //

My father forbid them to tell me about Yugi's abilities. What else do I not know about?

Yami felt a presence beside him and turned. Next to him stood the Mystic Elf, Lily. She was chanting softly with her hands in front of her. She's healing him.

The cuts and bruises faded. Yugi fell into a peaceful sleep while chewing a piece of apple. Yami quickly pulled the bit of apple out of his aibou's mouth so he wouldn't choke on it. He looks so peaceful.

" Oscuro, take him back to your house. I am going to go talk to the others. We have a change of plan. As soon as I gather the others, we are going back to Earth. There, we can figure out how to reseal or destroy the Devil Monsters. They can not reach us there."

" I have done all I can, Master Yami." Lily bowed to Yami.

" How have you helped?"

" I am the one that was chanting to put the Devil Monsters to sleep. I was created after they were sealed. They never faced my powers in the past.

I could not directly find them, so I chanted a spell that places high powered monsters to sleep. It can only be used in the Shadow Realm. It is supposed to help calm and reenergize them after large battles. Exodia is not happy with me right now. He fell asleep while walking through his pyramid." She giggled.

" That's right. You were created about four months after I sealed them. We had been trying to perfect you. You were our final plan against them."

" But they attacked before I was fully created."

"Seth, Seto Kaiba's past existence, helped me finish creating you. He was one of the few mages to survive the final assault."

" I have also added my charm to those bands. Through both of those spells you are completely invisible to the Devil Monsters."

" Oscuro, take him back to the second level now. Kurtan, find Seto, Jou, Bakura, and Ryou. I will find Honda, Anzu, Mokuba and Serenity. Thank you, Lily, for all of your help. I may require your assistance in the near future."

" I wait for your orders, Master Yami."

" When are you guys going to learn to just call us Yami and Yugi. Enough with the Master thing."

" We were just being respectful."

" Well, I will put it this way then. I order you to call us just Yami and Yugi."

" As you wish....Yami." Kurtan, Lily, and Oscuro said together before breaking out into huge smiles.

********************Normal P.O.V.********************

Yami was their best high master. Since their creation all those years ago they have had three. Two were killed by their own monsters because they were so cruel and evil. Lily had not been created yet, so only knew the stories told by others.

Egyptians believed that the pharaoh was the son of Ra. Their pharaoh had died young without an heir. Because of his triumph over the Devil Monsters, the people chose Yami. Not even they could remember his real name. All records of him had been destroyed by tomb raiders and natural causes.

Yami was made pharaoh, but not because of birth. His mother had been a beautiful slave loved by Ra. The people had chosen a true son of Ra. Yami would be what the Greeks called a demigod.

Yami was chosen by his father and the other gods to guard the Shadow Realm. The sennen eye and staff of Ra was proof of his reign. However, it was his beginning kindness that endeared him to them.

However, they had worried about him when he rose to power as pharaoh. They were afraid that he would become like the others.

And he had begun to change, but the Shadow monsters kept their faith in him. At the end, several monsters wanted to turn against him, and destroy him. Then, the Shadow Realm had fallen into trouble.

The people were destroying themselves through wars fought by the Shadow Monsters. Evil had risen.

To protect them, Yami had been forced to seal them away. They had felt his sadness as the Realm closed off to the Earth plane. They felt his emotions of friendship and loss. It was then that they knew the extent of his feelings.

In the process, he had lost his own life. The whole Realm had gone into morning for their fallen master. They felt his death even closed off from him.

However, the Magician of Faith, Charity, had seen a vision of his return. He would be different, but the same. He would be released and returned by a mortal with a special destiny. A being of almost pure light. Dark and light. He was the balance to Yami's soul. What the old ones had called 'yin and yang.'

Because of his magical blood Yami was able to stay alive in the Millennium Puzzle, a piece broken off from the staff of Ra. A non-magical mortal would have perished instantly.

What shocked them the most was the arrival of Ra. Every monster had gathered to honor him. Even Exodia had acted respectably.

He had told them of what was to come. He made them promise not to directly interfere while Yugi and Yami were in the Shadow Realm facing Yami Bakura and Pegasus. If they did, they would be instantly destroyed by the gods. All of the monsters had been told of this.

It had been so hard not to interfere when they all felt Yami's anguish as he thought Yugi was gone during his battle with Pegasus. Through his connection with Yami, he had also become their master. They had grown to care for his goodness, innocence, and light. They would all protect him. And they all did. Willingly.

However, Ra had pulled Oscuro, Kurtan, and herself aside to tell them more of Yami's future. The Millennium items would be released. He would again face the Devil Monsters, but with Yugi, his light, at his side.

Yugi was to develop his own powers without assistance. Yami could not be told.

All three of them knew that there was more to the unfinished tale. They had not been told how the Devil Monsters would be defeated, or if they even would be. They were in fear for their masters.

____________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Because there is so much in this little chapter, I think I am going to stop here. I will move on with Seto and Jou in the next chapter.

(1) I am not sure if I spelled that right.