Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Bast ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: So sorry about the long wait! Anyway here is chap. 3 of my fic, so enjoy as usual and remember to KEEP ON REVIEWING, Yugioh rocks, and so do you!

You Are Not Alone

Chapter III

Truths Pains and Shocks

~Things are not what they seem, even the brightly covered books can hold painful and haunting stories. This goes for Yugi and Ryou, can their pasts hide more than they seem? What if something comes back from the past to haunt them again? What will the Yamis think of it? And what will the Yamis do about it? It is here we find out the truths and pains…one by one…

Homage to Bast:

Day 3-

*Yugi*

I Wish It Never Happened To You…

Do you remember me?

I used to tell you that you're worthless

I was the one who raised my hand against you

I made you bleed, I made you cry

Your sobs delight me, you weakling,

And nothing makes me happier

My pathetic son, I want you to cry for mercy

My worthless child, I want you to die, for being nothing…

I want you gone, my son

Yugi…

He delights upon making me cry, seeing me plead for my life. Lucky for me that Grandpa took me in, away from him.

Yugi sighed at the memory of his father, his other family, as he stared at a decade old newspaper sitting on their attic with the blaring headlines: "FATHER JAILED FOR CHILD ABUSE; SON SUBMITTED TO THE CARE OF HIS GRANDFATHER".

Yugi and Marik were cleaning the attic while Yami and Malik did the bedrooms.

"What're you staring at Yugi?" Marik asked.

"Oh, nothing Marik." Yugi quickly folded the newspaper. "I'll keep this one."

"What's that?"

"Nothing, just some newspapers."

"OK."
Marik and Yugi finished cleaning the musty attic when they heard Malik shout. "CREAM PIES IN THE KITCHEN, COME AND GET IT!"

"Coming!" Marik replied. "C'mon Yugi, let's bust out of here."

"Right." Yugi turned back to the attic. Back then, I was so scared of this place…

This was used to be my room, when I lived with Dad…and it still has everything: my old furniture (bed, dresser and a small chest, all broken and old), clothes (Dad gave me his VERY OLD clothes for me to wear when I was young, probably it belonged to his grandfather), toys (three toys only to be exact, all were either dented or moldy)…

…and memories…

…all painful and bloody…

Yugi reached for the remote control, flicking through the screen were channels with nothing to show.

Sighing, the boy stuffed the fest of his piece of cream pie in his mouth. Yami and Malik were arguing over the last slice.

Marik watched them, amused.

Yugi turned back to the TV and saw a new telecast being shown.

A prisoner escape has occurred at the Higlands Estate Prison, and it happened in Cell 16-K.

How the escape occurred, it still remains a mystery. But it is shown that the wall was busted down by an explosive, the guard however, said he didn't see anything.

Yugi blinked, the cell looked familiar.

…oddly familiar…

The escaped prisoner was condemned to be jailed for life after being subjected to many crimes, most were brutal. And he is identified as…

Yugi gasped when he heard the name of the criminal. "No…NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Yugi?" Yami took a glance at his aibou who just shot up the staircase. "Yugi?!"

"What's with him?" Malik wondered when the other three raced up to follow the boy when Marik stopped to stare at the abandoned screen, still showing the same channel. "Hmm…" the other hikari wondered as he listened. While doing so, his eyes widened slowly with the newly gathered information. "No way!"

***

"Yugi, what's wrong?" Yami knocked at the door.

There was no answer.

"Yugi?" Malik called after the other Yami.

"What's wrong with him?" Yami sighed. "This never happened before."

"The TV must be cursed." Malik said.

"Whatever." Yami groaned. Then he heard the doorbell. "Could you get that for me?"

Malik nod and ran down the steps while Yami knocked on Yugi's door again. "Aibou, can we talk for a minute? Please…"

The door creaked open revealing the tear-stained face of the scared Hikari. "Sorry, Yami…"

"Aibou, what's wrong?" Yami asked, worried since Yugi rarely acted like this.

"No, it's nothing…" Yugi bit his pale lip. "Come in…"

Yami entered the room while Yugi closed the door behind him.

"It can't be just nothing Yugi, what's with you, really?" Yami asked again.

"No I just…over reacted that's all…" Yugi swallowed, forcing a smile on his ghostly white face. "I'm all right Yami, really."

"Ok, if you…"

"YAMI, HELP! THERE'S AN INTRUDER DOWN HERE!"

"Malik!" Yami gasped.

"HE WANTS YUGI, YAMI, HE WANTS YUGI!"

"Why me?" Yugi trembled, then gasped. "No way!"

"I'm coming!" Yami went downstairs with Yugi.

Marik was by the kitchen waving the pair to come there.

"Yami's holding him off." Marik said. "We've got to get out of here, Yugi. He said he wants to see you, but…"

"Marik take Yugi out, I'll go help Malik." Yami opened the back door. "Get out Yugi, Marik NOW!"

The Hikaris nod then dashed out.

Yami sighed. Now how long can we hold him off?

"Yugi, we're safe here for now…"

"I hope so."

Yugi and Marik panted against the concrete wall of an alley. "Maybe Malik will just scream at me mentally that it's over."

Marik said.

"Yeah." Yugi nod.

"Ne, Yugi?"

"What is it?"

"Can you tell me what made you upset?"
"It's nothing…"

"Well, I guess you won't tell me."

"I'm sorry…"

"But I think I know…"

Yugi looked up at him. "What do you mean?"
"It's your dad, isn't it?"

Yugi looked horrified. "Ho…how did you…?"

"I saw it on TV, Yugi, he was…"

//Marik…/'

/Yami?!/ Marik gasped.

//He's not alone…//

/He? You mean…/

//He's got, according to Yami, Seth, an evil God.//

/Eh?!/

//Get Yugi out of there, we're fighting Seth off now, but that stranger is after you…//

/Got it… be careful…/

//You too.//

Marik grabbed Yugi's hand. "Let's get…"

Then the pair heard footsteps.

"Who's that?" Yugi tugged the taller blond's sleeve in fear.

At once, Marik pulled Yugi behind him, glaring at the approaching shadow. "He's coming."

"Dad is?" Yugi trembled.

"Definitely." Marik cracked his knuckles. "Looks like he's here for a fight."

"He…he'll hurt you…" Yugi looked at Marik.

"I'll do all that I can to hold him off. Our top priority is you." Marik smiled at Yugi. "You'll be OK."

Yeah, but will YOU be ok? Yugi questioned silently.

Then out of the shadows, Yugi's father approached.

Yugi let out a scream, Marik grit his teeth. Here comes the monster…

"At last, here you are, Yugi…" the older man said, grinning.

"Do…don't you come near me!" Yugi shouted.

"Yeah, leave my friend alone, bakemono!" Marik said.

"Don't order me around, squirt." Mr. Mouto said, glaring at Marik.

"Shut up bastard." Marik shot back. "Do you want to get back at Yugi so badly, that you called upon Seth?"

"I'd do anything to hear my son's voice again, even if it means being a slave to Seth." Mr. Mouto said, smiling cruelly.

"Yeah, you want to hear his voice again…" Marik's eyes narrowed. "Screaming…in agony!"

"Ah, nothing thrills me more!" Mr. Mouto said.

"Marik…" Yugi sobbed.

"And now, I have him where I want him!" Mr. Mouto lunged for Marik who avoided his punch.

"Marik!" Yugi gasped.

"I'm OK, I can fight him even without the Millennium Rod!" Marik stood up and threw a punch at Mr. Mouto.

"You're not in this, kid, don't get involved!"

"Shut up!" Marik kicked Mr. Mouto away.

"Give Yugi to ME!" Mr. Mouto began to glow black and sent a telepathic attack at Marik. Marik was sent sprawling to the end of the alley.

"MARIK!" Yugi screamed as he ran to his friend's side. "Marik, please wake up."

"He'll not wake, Yugi." Mr. Mouto stepped in front of his trembling son.

"Leave me alone!" Yugi stood in front of Marik. "Leave Marik alone!"

"Ha, you and your fake courage!" Mr. Mouto laughed, causing Yugi to double up in fear. "Yes, Yugi, you're always scared. You can't even stand for your friend."

"Why, why did you sell yourself to evil?" Yugi wept. "How could you Dad?!"

"Is it obvious?" Mr. Mouto kicked Yugi on the stomach. Yugi gasped. "I wanted to see you suffer." Mr. Mouto went on. "I wanted to see you bleed!" He punched Yugi on the face. "I longed to torture you again, because I wanted to hear you scream…" He threw Yugi to the wall, Yugi screamed in pain.

"I wanted to make you suffer after what I've gone through in the Prison. Did you know how much PAIN you caused me?" the crazed man kicked Yugi's weak body sprawling on the floor over and over again. "Did you know what they did to me? How they treated me? How they RIDICULED me?! NO! How dare you live so happy, so full, when I was cold and exiled away? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! GO TO HELL SON OF A BITCH!" Mr. Mouto twisted Yugi's arm.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yugi screamed as his right arm crippled against his father's rough touch. Stop it Dad, it hurts…

Please stop…

***

//Marik?!//

/…/

//MARIK?!//

/…/

"Shit, Yami, Marik's out cold!" Malik shouted.

Seth was gone, too wounded to carry on against the two spirits, or that was the way it looked.

"Yugi and Marik, they must be in trouble!" Yami gasped.

"Let's go Yami, the Hikaris need us." Malik opened the door and went out.

Yugi, please be OK, I'm coming… Yami prayed to himself as he followed the other spirit.

Yugi screamed even more.

His father's heeled shoe against his bleeding skull, he groaned as he held his broken arm.

"What, only this? Scream more, cry more…" Mr. Mouto stepped on Yugi's head harder, his heel crushing against the skull.

"ITAI!" Yugi sobbed. Yami…

"BASTARD!"

"Huh? JOUNOUCHI?!"

Jounouchi stood by the alley, horrified at the sight. "YOU BASTARD!"

"Jou, get out of here!"

"Shut up!" Mr. Mouto kicked Yugi's broken ribs. Yugi sobbed in pain.

"Leave Yugi alone man!" Jounouchi's eyes were burning in anger.

"And who are you to boss me around?" Mr. Mouto pulled Yugi up by his hair, showing Jou his blood and tear-stained face, obviously revealing pain and despair.

At the end of the alley, Marik was slowly stirring awake. "Huh…Shit, Yugi!" The other Hikari too was horrified at what had become of his friend.

"Stop this please." Yugi groaned in pain.

"I said SHUT UP!" Mr. Mouto banged Yugi's head against the concrete wall. The wall was stained with Yugi's blood.

"YUGI!" Jou screamed.
Marik was glowing golden. "YOU…YOU TEME!!!"

Mr. Mouto gasped at Marik.

"GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!" Marik's eyes flashed golden, a strong wave of light swept through the alley.

Sun Spots!

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mr. Mouto screamed in pain as a huge white void appeared before him, burning him.

Marik's eyes focused a glare at Mr. Mouto, and the other man's pain intensified.

But that was all Marik could take. His eyes rolled at the back of his head and fainted.

Mr. Mouto, skin burned but still alive, fainted after him.

"Marik!" Jou checked Marik's pulse and sighed, it was normal…but what about Yugi?

"Yugi?" Jou patted Yugi's wrist. "HOLY SHIT, YUGI!" His pulse…it's so…weak!

"Jou?" Malik and Yami came out the alley.

"OH RA, YUGI!" Yami knelt beside his aibou.

"MARIK!" Malik rushed to the other Hikari.

"Marik's fine, but Yugi…" Jou bit his lip. "His pulse is below normal, I dunno if he'll make it. That man…" Jou glared at the fallen Mr. Mouto. "whacked Yugi's head there…" he pointed the blood-stained wall. "Probably that's one of the many things he did to Yug. I'm sorry Yami, I'm calling the police."

"Thank you." Yami whispered as he gently rocked Yugi's weak body. Jou can be heard talking on his cellphone in the background.

And another ambulance came to the scene.

"Mr. Mouto, Mr. Ishtar and Mr. Katsuya?"

"Hai?" Yami stood up along with Jou and Malik.

"Young Marik is very luck since he sustained only minor head and back injuries, but the other one, Mr. Yugi…" the nurse sighed deeply, seeing the worried look on the trio's faces.

"He's in the ICU right now; he's gone through not only a severely fractured arm, but also head, neck, back, chest and lower abdominal injuries. Some vital organs are deeply wounded too. He has very little chance of living. But we are doing all that we can. Hopefully he will live…hopefully." The nurse sighed sympathetically before handing Yugi's and Marik's room number then leaving the shocked men.

"Yugi…" Yami bit his lip.

"Yami, it's going to be OK…" Jou wished that those words would comfort not only Yami, but also himself.

"I've failed my Hikari…" Yami collapsed down a chair, gasping for breath.

"How could that BASTARD do that to him?" Malik punched the wall. "How could he do that to Marik?!"

"Let's go see them, I'm going to tell the others about this." Jou helped Yami up.

"I'm going to see Yugi." Yami said as he headed to the hallway to Yugi's room, while Malik went for Marik's.

Jou sighed painfully as he went to the phone booth and began to dial a number.

"Hello?"

"It's me Jou."

"Jou? What's up?"

"It's Yugi and Marik; they're both in the hospital."

"EH?! Why?"

"Some bastard nearly killed them, I mean Marik's fine but Yugi's way worse."

"I…I'll be coming as soon as I can, do you want me to tell the others for you?"

"Fine, thanks."

"You're welcome, bye!"

"Bye, Ryou…thanks…"

Yami sat down beside his aibou's bed. Yugi looked as pale as the sheets, the green monitor beside him beeped. There is still hope, aibou will live. Yami encouraged himself.

//Aibou, are you there? It's me, Yami…//

***

It's dark…

It's so cold…

Am I dead?

Is this the end of everything?

//Aibou, are you there?...//

Yami?Was that Yami?

//It's me, Yami…//

It IS Yami! He's here for me!

//Please come back Yugi, we're all worried about you…//

They're all worried about me? They need me?

//Please, aibou, live; live for all of your friends: Jou, Honda, Anzu, Ryou, Marik…, live for Grandpa…live for me

…I love you...//

I must live…make me live…LET ME LIVE!!!

/And life shall you have, go back, Yugi Mouto. Many lives still need you./

I will live! I will live!

I'M COMING, YAMI!

"Yugi…" Yami squeezed Yugi's hand. "Oh aibou…" He sighed, defeated and began to cry.

"Don't worry…"

Yami gasped as he felt someone squeeze his hand in return. "I'm here, I'll always be."
"Aibou…" Yami hugged his light tightly.

Yugi smiled as he returned the gesture. "I'm sorry Yami…"

"I'm just glad you're back, Yugi, it's OK…"

"Thank you Yami, thank you…"

"Marik, you OK?"
"Yeah, I'm good. Sorry Malik for the trouble."

"It's all right."

"How's Yugi?"

"He's worse, I just hope he'll be OK."

"Can I make a phone call?"

"Huh? Sure." Malik handed the cellphone to his light. "Who're you planning to call?"

"Do you remember Grandpa Sugorouku's hotline?"

Uhm…I guess it's…" Malik suddenly remembered. "I remember that Yami dialed this when he was talking to Grandpa…"

Malik took a piece of paper and jotted down something then handed it to Marik. "It must be his number."

"Thanks…" Marik too the paper when Jou came into the room, smiling with tears of joy. "YUGI'S AWAKE!"

"Great…" Malik turned to his Hikari. "I'll go see him, I'll be back Hikari."

"Ok then…" Marik smiled as his Yami went out with the overjoyed Jou then his face turned serious. He dialed Grandpa's number.

*rrring…rrringg...click*

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mr. Mouto?"

"Who is this?"

"This is Marik Ishtar sir… I guess you're aware of Yugi's accident…"

"Yes, Marik, I'm so sorry I can't see him now."
"Yes but I must tell you something…about this…"

"Yes?"

"There was an escape from prison that happened this morning…that prisoner who escaped assaulted Yugi…"

"Goodness, why would anyone want to hurt my grandson?"

"For one thing sir…"

"Yes?"

"That prisoner…was your son…and Yugi's father…"

"Yugi, how are you?"

"Great, thanks guys."

Yugi sat on the hospital bed, smiling as Ryou, Marik, Jou and Yami approached.

Marik was released from the hospital after three days *"Thank Ra!" shouted Marik who hated hospitals!*, Yugi will be released next week.

"How is he?" Yugi asked.

"Who?" Yami said.

"That intruder, who did this to me…" Yugi whispered.

"He's all right, but his entire body is burned, the skin I mean." Jou said bitterly. "Skinless, but alive."

Marik and Ryou noticed Yugi give a small sigh of relief.

"You care for that jerk?" Marik raised an eyebrow.

"No…not exactly. It's just that…" Yugi trembled.

"Yugi, everyone has the right to know…" Marik said softly.

"Right to know what?" Jou turned to Yugi. "Do you know him?"

"Well…" Yugi looked like he was going to burst.

"Yugi, were you involved with him, in any way?" Yami whispered gently.

Yugi, as expected, burst to tears.

"Yugi?" Yami comforted the younger boy.

"Woah, sorry didn't expect that coming." Jou said.

"I can't tell…I don't…" Yugi choked between sobs.

"Maybe this will help." Ryou surprised everyone as he threw a newspaper article on the bed.

"Where'd you get that?" Marik blinked curiously.
"You're not the only one who took some of Yugi's things down here." Ryou reminded.

"But…"

"I got it first ok?"

"I'm convinced."

"Anyway, read the headlines…"

"'Father jailed for child abuse, son submitted to the care of his grandfather' What's this about?" Jou asked.

"Don't you have a brain?" Marik fumed. "Can't you even identify the boy and the man arrested in the photograph?!"

"Wait a-" Jou gasped. "THAT'S YUGI, AND THAT'S THE STRANGER THAT NEARLY KILLED HIM!"

"What?" Yami gasped when he too saw the photo. "Yugi, uso…"

"It's true." Yugi's tiny voice whispered. "He's my otou-san…"

"How…how could a bastard like him be…?" Yami gasped.
"Yugi…why did you lie to us about this?" Jou asked.

"I'm sorry, I never expect him to come back…I never did…" Yugi sobbed. "But when he came back, I felt so alone, I don't want to remember…"

"Mr. Sugokuro told me the whole story now Yugi." Marik said, Yugi gasped at him. "Your father had already been abusing you since you were born, blaming you for the death of your mother.

"He made you sleep in a musty attic, made you wear clothes that are nearly torn in half and play with toys that should be thrown away. He made you live a life of a poor boy, when he can provide for you. Instead of spending money on your provisions, he had it spent on beer and pleasure.

"I've heard from your grandfather too, that he usually beats you up, torturing you everyday, could've killed you too. But everything changed when Grandpa realized what his son was doing, and he told the police. And that's how he is in prison up to this date.

"Now tell me Yugi, did I miss something?"

Yugi was silent, while the others were shocked with the newly gained information.

Jou was shocked. How could he? How could that jerk do this to Yugi? He deserves to die! He should pay for what he did to Yugi!

Ryou however was sorry and amazed at Yugi. How could he hide this pain from us for so long? How could he bear this hurt by himself, and still keep that friendly, optimistic attitude? I wouldn't think that a person like Yugi would go through something so…vile… Yugi, not Yugi, he doesn't deserve this…he doesn't…

Yami, finally, was overwhelmed and confused. How brutal, what a bastard he is. I can't believe anyone would do that to Yugi…I can't believe he would be such a monster! And Yugi, how long, how long has he been bearing this burden, it is even a lot heavier than mine…how long has he been unloved?

"It's all true Marik. He even endangered my life once." Yugi gulped.

"Once?" Marik frowned. "You're a very bad liar Yugi."
"Ok…" Yugi shivered. "Thrice…or more…"

Jou's anger increased. More than thrice? That bastard, if he's not in ICU by now I could've beaten him to hell by now!

"And it's true that he made me suffer a lot…" Yugi added.

"No need telling." Yami said coldly.

"But I do owe him one thing… it's because of him I'm here…" Yugi said softly.

"You, be grateful to that…that son of a bitch? That's absurd!" Marik gasped.

"Mom couldn't have possibly give birth to me alone, she needed Dad. And I am grateful that at least he made me born, made me live and most importantly meet all of you. And that is a reason, no matter what, I can't hate him…"

Everyone paused after Yugi's speech. Jou sighed and said.

"Yug, sometimes you're becoming way too nice for your own good."

***

"Aibou?"

"Hmm, Yami?"

"I still can't believe that…"

"I understand that, Yami. I can't believe it myself."

Yugi sighed as he stared outside the hospital room, and then sighed. "But the past is over, and it's best to forget about it."

"But wounds always leave scars behind," Yami whispered, clutching his aibou's hand tightly. "Scars that can be easily torn up again."

"I know Yami, that's why I don't want it to open up again, and bleed painfully." Yugi smiled, returning the squeeze gently. "That's why I'm trying to ignore the fact that I do have this scar, I'm doing this not only for myself, but for you and everyone else, understand?"

"But…"

"I promise, I'm OK. Trust me on this one."

"Oh all right then. I trust you." Yami grinned. "What do you want to eat?"

"Hmm, soup's nice, but hospitals have prepared meals for us patients." Yugi stuck out his tongue. "And I won't recommend it for your party menu."

"By the look on your face, I'd say that's true." Yami pointed the opening door. "And guess who's coming? It's the Super Hospital Food Cart."

"Oh the horror…" Yugi swallowed when his food came while Yami was nearly laughing at Yugi's paled face.

Goodbye, old pain

Goodbye, scars of the past

For now I have the future to face, to defend and to serve

Pain is nothing but a hindrance, blinding me from my real path

To make others smile, see them laugh and play

I will set aside my tears, just to see them jump with joy

Goodbye old pains

Goodbye…

…Father

*-----------------------*

Day 4:

*Ryou*

What is it like to be unloved?

Don't I deserve some warmth

From your smooth soft hand

That should've warmed my frozen heart?

You, who should've given me light,

Was the one who sealed me in the dark

Do you know what it means to live as if nothing happened between us?

I bet you don't, because you did not suffer,

You didn't have to feel the wound of loneliness, or betrayal

I did…

…Mother…

"Where have you been?"

"At Yugi's, he's sick. In the hospital I mean."

Ryou sat down the couch beside Bakura. "So what did you do when I was gone, Yami?"
"Gaze at whatever that is." Bakura pointed the TV.

"That's a television more commonly known as TV." Ryou frowned. "Didn't you get yourself something to eat?"

"And ruin the kitchen? You'll make me not eat for weeks!"

"Just days, Yami. Anyway, what do you want to eat?"

"Anything that'll make me happy."

"How about chicken noodle soup?"

"Whatever!"

"That's 'yes', right?"

"Obviously!"

Ryou sighed and trotted off to the kitchen. Then Yami took out some chicken broth, then some onions and lettuce.

"That Yami of mine, sometimes, I don't know why I can bear up with him."

It's because you love him, he's your only family here. Ryou's "inner" voice said.

"Yeah, but will he be just like Mom?" Ryou said out loud.

If you call him your 'mother', I'd say yes…or no…

"How can I be sure?"

You don't know Yami's attitude, do you? After all, you might never know, he might care deeply for you, more than SHE could ever do, and WATCH OUT FOR…

"ARGH! SHIT!" Ryou cursed as blood dribbled from the *new* scar from his hand to the pure white counter. "Shit, shit, shit, this hurts like stupid hell!'

"Ryou, stop with the cursing and what's- HOLY SHIT WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOURSELF?" Bakura gasped as he knelt down beside his light.

"Look who's talking?" Ryou hissed in pain. "OK, so I cut myself, what's the big deal?"

"That, stupid, is a big deal! Now let me treat it before your friends see it still like that and that stupid Pharaoh will blame me again!" Bakura took out bandages and some alcohol for his wounds.

"Sorry." Ryou sighed as he allowed Bakura to treat him.

Stupid boy. Bakura frowned as he treated the wound. He mastered it already, because Ryou does it to him all the time.

Then Bakura noticed something. This wound…it's not new… Bakura traced the linings on the skin of the wound. It was soft, tender and carved with an odd shape. I don't remember scarring him here before… Bakura swallowed. Maybe Ryou just cut himself in the same spot before, or maybe…maybe…he's…

Quit it Bakura! Bakura's conscience shouted. Why don't you ask him what's going on?

He won't answer me. Bakura sad bitterly. And what do I care?

Look who's talking? You care for your aibou more than anything else…he's the only family you have…and the only one who understands you. Do you want to lose him the way you lost Shinji?

For some reason, a certain pang of pain shot through Bakura. Why was that? Was he disturbed or even more, scared, about losing Ryou? He'd seen many people die before; some were his comrades at tomb raiding, even his parents. He never felt his pain of loss come, except when he lost Shinji, and now, this certain person he usually hurts and abandons all the time, would make him feel this way?

Is it true that he actually cares for him? Is it true that he loves Ryou, the way he loved Shinji? Or perhaps even more?

"Yami?" Bakura froze when Ryou called his name.

"Hmm, Ryou?" Bakura said.

"Are you OK?"

"Of course I am, this is done." Bakura sighed, standing up. "Good night."

"Bakura…" Ryou whispered, unheard by the spirit as he left.

***Ryou dreams

"Argh!"

Ryou groaned as he landed on the ground. "Wh-where am I?"

"Ryou…"

"Huh?"Ryou gasped and turned around. "Shit…"

"Ryou, honey, where are you?" A new figure appeared, she wore a soft pink nightgown.

"G-get away-from me…!" Ryou stood up horrified.

"Ryou, you UNGRATEFUL BRAT!"A hand smacked Ryou hardly against his cheek.

"ACK!"Ryou stumbled, but the slap was quickly followed by a series of kicks and beatings.

"YOU STUPID SON, THIS IS YOUR ENTIRE FAULT!" she screamed, beating Ryou endlessly. "IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, IF IT WASN'T FOR SOME STUPID BASTARD LIKE YOU, HE WOULD STILL BE HERE WITH ME! THIS IS ALL YOUR DAMN FAULT!"

"Mommy please…stop…it hurts…" Ryou spat some blood across the ground. "Help, someone, anyone, help me please! Dad, help me!"

Help me…

Someone, anyone…

Please…

***End of Dream

"No, stop *cough*!" Ryou moaned. Even though the dream was over, he wouldn't wake.

"Wake up! Shit, wake up, please!" Bakura went on shaking his light, and strangely for him, was nearly breaking down to tears. "Wake up, please…Ryou…aibou…"

At the sound of Bakura calling him "aibou", Ryou snapped out of his nightmare, panting. "Just…a…dream…"

"Yeah, and I have to sit here for hours just to wake you. You were moaning 'stop it, please' and I don't understand a damn thing!" Bakura frowned.

"I don't know but…" Ryou paused, clamped his hands to his mouth and doubled over a coughing fit.

"Hey, what did you that for?" Bakura wondered. "Do you have coughs?"

"No…I don't…recall...Shit…" Ryou gasped when he saw what stained his palm.

"What is it?" Bakura quickly snatched Ryou's hand. "Holy shit…how…?"

Ryou stared at his blood-covered palm. It might be a dream, but did it really affect me?

Bakura stood over Ryou who was drinking some soup in the living room. "What did the doctor say?" The spirit asked.

"He said I suffered some minor rib injuries and some bruises, nothing brutal." Ryou replied, since he visited a doctor early next morning. "Don't worry; I don't recall that you have beaten me up today."

"I know but, who did this?" Bakura frowned when he got no reply. "Ryou?!"

"I'm not so sure, no one did…I think." Ryou said.

"If someone did, don't waste your time defending him because I will find out who he is soon and I'll show him…" Ryou gasped at what his Yami said, which made the spirit pale and quickly defended that. "I'm the only one who has the authority to do that, yes that's it…I'll go get breakfast ready…" the spirit left to the kitchen.

Does he really care? Ryou thought.

He's starting to show his true colors… His inner voice muttered again. He's starting to become a not-so-good liar now, especially when it's got something to do with you. He's starting to worry…

How should I know he's worried for ME, not for this BODY or my RING?

Someone should stop being so pessimistic! The voice raged. What if, one day, HE'LL be taken from you? What would YOU do about it?

Ryou's eyes widened in pain. NO! I WILL NOT let anyone take Bakura away from me, I'd rather die!

Don't you think that's what Bakura's feeling right now?

Ryou sighed in defeat. I don't know, do you?

I'm hoping that the answer's on the bright side. The voice faded.

"Ack, Ryou!" Bakura shouted from the kitchen. "RYOU!"

Suddenly, a smile crossed Ryou's pale face. Maybe he doesn't, but what matters… He thought as he stood up. Is that I do.

His smile brightened. "COMING!" He shouted, feeling a lot better.

"Ohayou, Ryou-chan!"

"How are you feeling, Yugi-kun?"

"A lot better. Yami's outside for a while, but he'll be back with food."

"I see that you don't want hospital food."

"Ugh, do you need to ask?"

Ryou sat down next to Yugi. "What are you watching?"

"Oh, something about Duel Monsters. Do you want to watch something else?" Yugi asked.

"No thanks." Ryou turned around. "What day is it today?"

"Oh, August 15, why?" Yugi replied.

August 15… Ryou remembered. Today's her birthday…

"Ryou-chan?" Yugi asked, worried. "You ok?"

"Uh huh, sorry for dozing off." Ryou smiled. "I'm Ok."

"Yugi, I'm back!" Yami opened the door with a brown paper bag at one hand.

"Wow, thanks Yami!" Yugi took the bag gratefully. "What did you get?"

"Oh, it's tuna sandwich and some juice, Jou helped me in the cafeteria since I got um, a bit…" Yami grinned. "Never mind just eat!"

"Ok, want some Ryou?" Yugi offered.

"Oh no thanks. I'll buy one myself." Ryou smiled. "Goodbye then, hope you'll be better tomorrow."

"Sure, bye Ryou!" Yami and Yugi waved as Ryou closed the door behind him.

"Two slices of pie please, the apple one miss. And some apple juice too. Thank you."

Ryou took the apple slices and juice he bought and sat down the counter. "Ah, breakfast."

As he sliced down the first piece, he called his Yami. /Bakura?/

//Ha? Oh Ryou, what? //

/Did you eat breakfast already? /

//No, in fact I'm waiting for you here. Why? //

/I bought some pie, want some? /

//What's a pie? //

/Yami, we ate one just like this last week! /

//Oh the round one! Yeah, I like those…//

/Great, then I'll be seeing you!/

//Just get me those pies!// Bakura closed the link. Ryou grinned at his Yami's antics. "Maybe I should buy a platter of this."

Ryou walked home with the box of pie on his hands. Yami will surely like this.

Ryou…

"Huh?" Ryou turned around. "Hello?"

Oh Ryou…

That voice…shit! Ryou swallowed and quickened his pace.

I love you, come back to me…

Shit, shit, shit… Ryou thought. Please let not this be true.

Ryou…RYOU!

"N…no!" Ryou screamed and ran faster.

I've got you!

Ryou was knocked off his feet, the box he was carrying was sent to the other side of the wall, undamaged though.

"Ouch…" Ryou groaned then his face turned pale. "Ho…how?"

"Oh Ryou I've come for you!" This time the woman who appeared in his dream was not a dream anymore.

"Shit…" Ryou gasped. "Go away! Leave me alone!"

"I love you Ryou, come to your mother…" The woman whispered.

"No…NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ryou cried.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

"Ryou?" Bakura felt panic and fear sweep through their link. //Ryou are you there?//

/…/

//RYOU?!//

/Ya…mi…/

//Ryou, what's wrong?//

/Help…she's…/

//She? Who?//

/OH NO, NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! HELP ME, SHE'S GOING TO…/

//Ryou? RYOU?!//

/…/

Shit, Ryou's not responding anymore? Something's wrong…Bakura bit his lip. Ryou…

See, I told you, you ARE worried for him!

But… Bakura thought.

Look, either you save Ryou or have this argument with me now!

Ryou is my priority now so I'll finish you later! Bakura responded to his inner voice.

I never thought you'd FINALLY after all these years say that!

Hey, did I just say that? Bakura shook the thought off. "Fine, I'm off then!"

Bakura got up from his seat and locked the door as he left.

"Leave-me-alone!" Ryou backed away, already too injured to run. His mother had beaten him up ever harder than in the dream, and this time, Ryou was too weak to move.

"I'll kill you!" Mrs. Bakura went over her son.

"No please…" Ryou sobbed. I wish I were dead!

Then suddenly, his eye caught on the box he was carrying earlier. The pie for Yami!

Ryou remembered how Yami wanted much to eat the pie, and he didn't want to disappoint him. Even if he seemed that he didn't care, he wouldn't miss the opportunity for him and his Yami to be close. And this opportunity is rare, knowing Bakura.

I will bring it home! Yami will surely like it! I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO HIM!

Then Ryou shined a different green aura, his mother was surprised.

On his neck, the Talisman within his Millennium Ring gave a VERY bright glow.

JUDGEMENT DAY!

A huge green spirit appeared out of nowhere and spread his arms. Mummy bandages appeared and surrounded the area.

"Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" Mrs. Bakura tried to brush the bandages off, but they surrounded her, no matter how hard she tried, and soon when the bandages unwrapped, it showed a horrifying figure: A lion-headed soldier, but it wasn't Sekhmeth.

"Mother?" Ryou gasped, shocked. That was his MOTHER? That's impossible unless…

/She gave up…/

Huh? Ryou gasped when the unknown voice came in.

/When she was in the White Room, Sekhmeth appeared to her. She made a bargain with your mother: She wil be

Sekhmeth's slave, and Sekhmeth will set her free to find you. This is what she had become…/

No, my mother…why… Bakura sobbed.

/It is time to put her to sleep…/

No, please!

/Ryou, we must…/

"NO I WON'T LET YOU KILL MY MOTHER!!!!!!!"

Ryou cried, tears soaking the ground.

"Mom, why? Why are you doing this to yourself? Is it because you wanted to hurt me? To kill me? To make me pay for something I didn't do, to blame me why Dad left you? IS THAT IT?! YOU ARE INSANE!"

Ryou groaned in pain, his ribs hurt. Breathing was hard, but talking feels like his ribs would blow. But he didn't care. He wanted to cry out all the pain he hid all those years. "I CAN'T BELIEVE WHY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS I STILL LOVED YOU AS A MOTHER, WHEN YOU JUST SPENT YOUR TIME KILLING YOUR OWN SON, THE PERSON WHOM YOU SHOULD HAVE LOVED MOST, YET YOU MADE ME OBLIVIOUS, NOT KNOWLEGABLE ABOUT HOW IT FEELS! HOW CAN I LOVE THEM, HOW CAN I LOVE HIM, IF I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE LOVED?!!!!!!!" Ryou broke down completely, unaware of his enslaved mother lunge over him.

Too beaten up, too weak, Ryou awaited death with closed, peaceful eyes. How can I ever learn how to love my friends, and Yami, if I don't know what love is myself? How can someone love a person like me, who doesn't know love or how to love? It's better this way, no one will cry for my loss anyway…

Then a scream came, but it didn't come from his throat, it came from his mother. "AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

"Huh?" Ryou caught a blue energy ball flying from the far end of the alley. He recognized that energy. "Yami?"

As Ryou's mother lay unconscious on the ground, Bakura ran to his Hikari. "You all right?"

"Don't worry…" Ryou coughed blood out again.

"You're hurt idiot! It's her fault, isn't it?" Bakura sighed before confessing. "I've heard it all…"

Ryou gasped. "You've heard…?"

"She's your mother isn't it?"

"But… ack!" Ryou collapsed on his Yami's arms.

"Ryou?!" Bakura gasped.

"Here…" Ryou reached the abandoned box near the edge of the wall. "Take it…I wanted to give it to you so badly…hope

you'll like it…" He groaned before losing consciousness.

Bakura carefully opened the box. In it was the apple pie that Ryou promised to buy him. Sure, he didn't eat breakfast, but concern for his Hikari made him forget his hunger.

"Stupid…you're so stupid… Ryou…aibou…" Bakura muttered softly, cradling the Hikari as the police arrived, being alerted by Ryou's and his mother's cries.

***

"Ryou's in the hospital too! Great, I'm having some company!" Yugi smiled.

"Well, I managed to convinvce Bakura that you two could share a room, after all it could cheapen the price they have to pay." Yami said. "He'll be coming in after his operation. The doctors are positive that he'll live."

"Great, I'll be getting some sleep now." Yugi turned away to the other side. "Good night Yami."

"Good night aibou…"

"Ryou?"

"Hai, Yugi?"

"Is it true that whoever that crazed woman is was your mother?"

"It is true." Ryou sighed. "I sometimes can't believe it myself.

"He wasn't exactly married to my father, rather she and Dad had a relationship before they were married. But you see, a disagreement came between them so the marriage was cancelled. A few months after that…I was born. She was erm…distant and cruel to me…made me live a life almost like Yugi's, if you were listening back then, and she beats me up blaming me for Dad leaving me and Dad didn't know Mom had me. It went on like that but everyting suddenly changed…

Then Dad met another woman, and they fell in love yet Mom still loved Dad, and she was crazed with jealousy. So one day, while Dad was away, she attacked Dad's girlfriend, and burned her house. I was the only witness, since I followed her. When she realized this, she started beating me up more, and more, and I nearly died.

"Dad was heartbroken when she died, his girlfriend, really upset. But then, someone accused my mother of murder. There were no witnesses however, only that lady who was my Dad's girlfriend's friend and me but at first I didn't testify. But something changed my mind when I realized that the person who lost that important girl was my father, since he had my last name and I've found out that he and Mom were once on steady. I testified and told the truth, he was too shocked, I told the whole court: "I am ready to testify against Ms. Mikagi-Bakura, my mother."

"And so, because of me, my mom was sent to the mental hospital, because I described her as "crazy and horrible." Then Dad took me in, but he was always away, and I never knew still…how it is to be love…

"Now you've heard of it, I bet you'll think of me as a dork, a weakling…"

"But we've gone through the same thing, I wouldn't think of you that."

"Really?"

"We're the same, in our past and present, and that's why I'll always support you in the future."

"Hmmm…"

"What, Ryou?"

"I've always wished that…"

"Yes?"

"My Yami is as supportive as yours."

"You might never know Ryou…"

"What?"

"He cares for you more than you could ever know, who knows? Everyone has ways to deal with everything, including showing care and love. Someday, you'll know it, but the most important thing is that…"

"I know, Yugi, that I love Bakura. Can't you see that I do?"

"Clearly, Ryou, clearly." Yugi smiled. Ryou smiled back, the burden behind him lighter than before. I'll wait, I'll always be waiting for that day, Yami. It'll come, I know…

Someday…

But nearby, far from the hikari's eyes, Bakura smiled softly, a rare expression. Yes, Ryou, someday…

Someday, you'll know…

I promise…

*----------------------*

Day 5:

*Marik*

Love Comes With Letting Go…

FIGHT FOR YOUR JUSTICE! Yuuki wo dashite!

RIGHT! Kono te ni shinjitsu wo tsukamowo

FIGHT FOR YOUR JUSTICE! Mune wo hahate!
tatakai yuu kimi ga hoshii!

Fight for your justice! Bring out your courage!
Right! Grab the truth with your hands!
Fight for your justce! Bare out your chest!
I want the you who can fight!

"Argh, since when was this possible!"

Marik groaned that stormy day, with a piece of parchment on his hands.

"What does it say in Ishizu's letter, Marik?" Malik appeared, yawning.

"She says that she's got a…" Marik froze and handed the letter. "I don't wanna read it further, YOU DO IT!"
Malik shrugged and took the letter. "Let me see this: 'Dear Marik, How are you? I hope you're enjoying your vacation as much as I'm enjoying here in Egypt.' What's wrong with that?"

"Read on, and let's have a face-paling match." Marik groaned.

Malik read on silently, afterwards fell in complete surprise and horror. "Oh Ra, this can't be happening!"

"Hey, what did I tell ya?" Marik said.

"Ishizu…has a…boy-?"

"THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE, ISHIZU, HAVE A BOYFRIEND? I'D RATHER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Erm, Marik, they're engaged…"

"Engaged?"

"Stupid hikari, didn't you read it further?"

"ENGAGE?! BUT THEY JUST MET?!"

"For a month, we've been here for weeks now…"

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ONESAMA NAZE?!"

"Marik, don't make a big deal out of such things…"

"Whatever!"

"Ishizu deserves happiness too, doesn't she?"

Marik paused. Malik continued. "Doesn't she deserve happiness with the one she loves? Isn't that what loving is about, 'If you love someone, you've gotta learn to let go…'"

"Even if it hurts?" Marik said softly. Malik froze then sighed. "Yes, aibou, even if it hurts…"

Otou-san… Marik thought painfully. Shit, I hate letting go…

"Marik, where are you going?" Yugi asked as he saw Marik sprint towards the kitchen.

"I'm going to use the phone, Yugi." Marik replied.

"Are you going to call Ishizu?"

"Obviously, I've got to straighten a few things out."

"Yugi, Marik, the sandwiches are ready!" Ryou said when the pair entered the kitchen.

"Sure, later." Marik picked up the phone and dialed Ishizu's number.

*rrring, rrring ,click* "Hello?"

"Hello, onesan?"

"Marik?! Oh, how are you?" came the cheerful voice of the female Millennium Tauk bearer.

"Fine, onesan, anyway what you've wrote in the letter…"

"Oh yes, Marik it is true. I'm engaged with Sekhthi…"

"Sekhthi?"

"Yeah, oh he's here. I'll introduce him to you, hold on…" Ishizu puts down the phone and rushes to get Sekhthi, and after a few minutes, gets Sekhthi on the line.

"Hello?" came a gruffy voice.

"He…hello? You must be…"

"Yep kid, 'am Sekhthi, and you, squirt?"

Marik was starting to feel dislike for the man since he heard his voice. "I'm Marik, Ishizu's ototo."

"Ah yeah, you're her brother. Yeah, Ishizu told me about ya. Better be a good boy down there, if Ishizu is honest about what she said to me!"

Marik felt anger slowly gaining, but tried to be calm. "I'm not a boy, sir."

"Whatever, how old are ye?"

"Fifteen."

"What? By your voice I thought you're only ten!"

What a fucking bastard! Marik thought angrily, his fist balling up. Yugi and Ryou sensed his anger.

"Anyway, better get goin'. Yow Ishi-kun, can you get your bro outta here?" Sekhthi's annoying voice shouted.

ISHI?! HOW DARE HE MOCK MY SISTER?! Marik couldn't believe that his onesan will allow herself to be treated like this.

Then Ishizu's voice came. "Sorry, Marik, we're going out for a while."

"Oh, it's all right…" Marik said softly, soothing the edge of his angry voice.

"Are you all right? You sound disturbed." Ishizu asked sincerely.

Oh nothing, just your sarcastic pig of a boyfriend frying my day black. Marik thought bitterly, but he didn't want to upset his onesan so he said. "Nothing, onesan. Sorry for my intrusion. Goodbye."

"Yes, goodbye…" Ishizu hung up.

"I love you too, nesan…" Marik whispered before too, hanging up.

"Marik, was that Ishizu on the line?" Yugi asked when Marik went to the table.

"Yeah, but she's with her…" Marik spat bitterly. "her boyfriend."

"Eh? She does?" Ryou gasped.

"But he said 'you're fifteen, I thought you're only ten'! Geez, I'll show him what I can DO to him." Marik was cracking his knuckles in anger. "If only nesan doesn't love him, I'll kick his ass to the Shadow Realm."

"Marik, why don't you just eat your anger down before you break or hurt something or someone." Yugi knew that Marik's anger would mean bad news. "Anyway where's Malik?"

"Oh he's sleeping, the lazy butt." Marik said as he ate the sandwich. "Where's yours?"

"Same thing. Though he's not a lazy butt." Yugi said.

"If I know Bakura, he's raiding the fridge at home." Ryou shrugged. "He's always hungry."

"Well, better your fridge than ours." Yugi grinned at Ryou's hurt look. "Just kidding, you should've invited him."

"I tried, but he said that he will not unless Yami's out. And I told him that 'Of course Yami will be there, because Yugi is!' You know how much he hates what he calls 'the lowlife idiot pharaoh'."

"Should've guessed." Yugi sighed. "Anyway, are you comfortable about your nesan's decision Marik?"

"No, not with that pig!" Marik said.

"But what if he's not, will you still be comfortable?" Ryou said.

"Well…" Marik sighed. "That remains to be seen. But I guess it will upset me."

"Why" The other Hikaris chorused.

"Because it hurts to let go of something you love. I've been through it once, when Malik killed my Dad." Yugi and Ryou eyed each other curiously. "Erm, I forgave him about that already, since he's a lot nicer now so…"

~*Flashback*~

"Chichi ue!" Young Marik greets his father.

"Yes, Marik?" Mr. Ishtar knelt beside his son.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes."
"Where?"

"To haha, why?"

"Are you still upset about her death?"

"Yes, but I must let go of crying too much for her."
"Why? Won't that hurt?"

Mr. Ishtar hugged Marik tightly. "Yes it would, son, but sometimes letting go is the best thing so that you and Ishizu-onesan will be happy."

"Do I have to do the same thing someday?" Marik asked.

"Yes son, we all have choices to make in life, and one of them is to let go." His father answered.
"But what if one day, I have to leave you and onesan?"

"Ah, my son, someday that will happen, but the choice is yours…sometimes if you love someone, you must set him or her free…even if it means that we must join Osiris and Anubis in the Underworld."

"I don't want to chichi, I love you guys."

"I know Son, but one day you must…" Mr. Ishtar whispered. "Someday…"

~*End of Flashback*~

"But what if he's not the pig we think he is? I mean why would Ishizu love him if he is?" Ryou said, changing the subject.

"Maybe she lost her taste." Yugi flinched under the cold gaze Marik gave. "Hey, just kidding."

"Ch, maybe you're right." Marik frowned.

"Anyway, we shouldn't dwell on this, all I'm looking for is a peaceful…" The power went out. "…night?"

"Aw, great!" Marik growled.

"Yugi, do you have flashlights." Ryou asked as he watched Yugi open a cabinet.

"Here… I think it's…oops, that's a spare bulb…here it is!" Yugi handed Ryou the apparatus.

"Now let's find some candles…" Ryou instructed. "Here's the candle…ah now there's light… Here's some more…"

"Someone should wake Yami." Yugi said. "He's upstairs, and he might panic when he'll wake up surrounded by nothing."

"Well…" Marik paused…

There was a knock on the oak door of Yugi's home.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"I'll get that!" Yugi said calmly as he took the flashlight as he tore down the hall.

As he opened the door, he saw no one…but a letter…

"Who was it Yugi?" Marik called.

"No one, but there's a letter…" Yugi handed the note to Marik who tore it open.

With that all three of the Hikaris read the letter intently:

Under the Desert Sun, Kingdoms of Tombs

I will begin my Reign of Doom

Unless of course you wish, to stop me there

The question is: the place is where?

You think it's over, but no it's not

I can fool anyone, hurt them a lot

But if you want to save one from painful death

Return to the Fields again.

To make things simple for you to understand,

Give to me the Magic within your hand

Or else for sure, I'll make your lives pay

And the Darkness will cry again, though in deeper pain…

"Weird letter…" Ryou commented.

"What does it mean?" Marik thought aloud.

Magic in our hands…no way… "Must he be describing the Talismans?" Yugi said.

"Must be, but must we stop this evil ourselves?" Marik mused over the letter.

"Maybe, any ideas?" Ryou asked.

"Desert sun + Kingdom of Tombs must mean…" Marik gasped. "Egypt?"

"Egypt?" Yugi echoed. "We're going Egypt, to stop him?"

"Most likely, Yugi, Ryou." Marik said.

"But what would Yami think about this? I mean what'll he do when he finds out all about the Talismans?"

Yugi paused, Marik and Ryou stared wide-eyed behind Yugi. Shit…

"What…Talismans?" Yami began.

We're in trouble… Marik and Ryou thought.

//What trouble?// their Yami's suddenly interrupted.

/What? But I thought you were sleeping?/ Marik gasped.

//Until now, what trouble are you talking about again?// Malik said.

/Uh oh…/

/Yami?!/ Ryou said.

//I was about to tell you to go home, since it is damn dark around here.//

/Uhm, no Yami, this is nothing…/

//Don't lie to me, brat, what were you talking about?!//

/Yami…/

//Get back here, then give me an honest answer, hear me?!// Bakura closed the link.

"I'm going home, Bakura needs me." Ryou trembled. Yugi and Marik nod him goodbye.

As Ryou stepped out of the door, he sighed to himself. Just great...

"What…Talismans?" Yami repeated.

"No, it's nothing, just some sort of…"

"Don't lie to me Yugi." Yami said in a strong tone.

"…Yami…" Yugi panicked. What now?

Yes, this is going to be hard to explain…

A/N: See you in Chap. 3! E-mail me when you want other comments or questions: Darkhopemisstress@yahoo.com.

Chap. 3- The Yugioh! Gang are heading for Egypt! But the secret's out, and the others are strictly protective over the Hikaris, knowing that Seth is after them. But other problems trouble the Hikaris too: for Ryou, Bakura suddenly disappears; Marik's problem is Ishizu's boyfriend Sekhthi, who is suspiciously an enemy, which causes the siblings to fight, and this damage Marik's spirits, but Marik is burdened even more when Malik gets ill with fever; and Yugi? Well, you see, Jou fell in a coma, and Seth is the only one who has the cure! Will Yugi face Seth's wrath for Jou by himself? Will Ryou search for his Yami alone? Can Marik save his onesan from the pretender in the Dark and save Malik with no allies? Or will they do this all together? See to know Chap. 3- Troubles in the Kingdom Of Tombs!