Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Apep ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

 

 

A/N: Fine! I'm back! Thanks for all your reviews! I am so happy I think I'm gonna cry!!! *sob* Anyway, with no further ado, here comes chap. 5…

 

 

 

 

 

You Are Not Alone

 

DarkStrider

 

 

 

 

Chap. 5:

 

 

Against All Odds…

 

 

The Journey to the Field of Reeds, the greatest challenge ever to be faced by a mere mortal.Sure, the Yamis will survive (we all know they're spirits) but what of the Hikaris? The Millennium Items are not enough to protect them from soul eating demons there. What's worse, what if they split up unexpectedly? Can the Hikaris fight the soul eaters alone, especially since a mortal cannot sense them when they're about?

 

 

 

 

Traps of Apep-

 

 

 

 

Day 7-

 

 

 

The Well of Anubis

 

 

 

 

"THE UNDERWORLD?! WHAT IS THAT IDIOT THINKING OF?!" Malik raged when he heard Yugi's words.

"What's wrong with going to the Underworld?" Yugi asked innocently.

"What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?!" Malik echoed. "No mortal even DARED to see the Dark Nile River there!"

"Why?" Marik asked.

 

"Because of the lost Soul Monsters wandering freely about. And the Dark Nile river is the river of souls. All the souls heading to Osiris for judgement flows from there to meet him. If a mortal falls to that river, he can never escape its depths… not even his soul." Yami said softly.

"I'm sorry." Yugi whispered.

"It's Ok aibou. Anyway, did Seth mention anything else?"

"No…"

"How do we get to the Underworld anyway?" Ryou asked.

"Well the Oracles are usually the gates to get there, or Hamunaptra." Malik blinked at Ryou's curious look. "Legendary city of the dead, that' where we will find-"

 

"THE PAPYRI OF ANI! That's it! We can use the Papyri of Ani to open the Gate!" Marik jumped excitedly.

"Since when did I tell you that?" Malik raised an eyebrow at his Hikari.

"But what about the other oracles?" Ryou asked.

"Speaking of those…" Yugi gasped. "Isn't it time we figure out when…"
Marik seemed to understand. "…when the Eight Rays of Ra hit those Oracles."

"Hey, you three know too much!" Malik said, surprised.

"What' s so important about the sun hitting those oracles?" Yami asked.

"It will release Seth from the Shadow Realm." The three Hikaris chorused.

"Wow. But how are we gonna find Hamunaptra? It's not on any map…" Yugi paused…

 

His Millennium Puzzle was flashing…

 

"Yugi your puzzle is…" Ryou was shocked when the puzzle glowed brightly.

"Not again!" Yami gasped. "AIBOU!"

 

 

~*~

 

 

"NOT THIS PART AGAIN!"

Yugi landed in a strange new place. "Where am I?"

Then his eye caught something. A small trinket lay in front of him. It was red, with a symbol of a hand wrapped in bandages holding what looked like a crystal ball. It looked familiar.

"A Talisman?" Yugi gasped.

/Yes, young Yugi…/ A new figure appeared, he had a falcon's head, his face's left side had a serpent on it instead of his normal left eye. Yet he looked handsome, daring and…a seeker of revenge, he was holding a staff.

"But who…"

/I am your God Guardian Horus, and that Talisman belongs to Nephystis. She is the Goddess of the Dead. She needs your help…

By some way, I found a way to break Seth's control of her…so she tried to escape but Seth trapped her in the Talisman, and left it here, broken and weak…/

"How cruel!" Yugi remarked.

/Yes, but if you allow her to dwell on your puzzle, her lost energy will be restored…/

"I agree then. I know she needs all help she can get."

/Thank you for being so understanding…you heard the child, mother…/

"But I thought-?"
/Anubis is my half brother, so I call her my Mother./

"Oh…"

Then a red and green mist rose from the Talisman, and it formed a beautiful woman, except for the fact that her half were half the black hair and half bandages. Her dress was out of bandages too. Her green eyes smiled upon Yugi.

/I know of your kindness, Mouto, and I ask nothing for now but it. To thank you, I will help you find what you seek./

"You mean Hamunaptra?" Yugi asked excitedly.

Nephystisand Horus smiled. Then the Talisman of the Dead floated towards Yugi's Puzzle…

 

~*~

 

 

"Ow…" Yugi groaned when he found himself in a fluffy bed with a cool rag on his head.
"Yugi?"

"Ryou?"

"Thank god you're awake, we were all worried about you. You just fainted, and Yami was already freaking out when you wouldn't wake, speaking of him…" Ryou stood up. "I should tell him you're OK. He'll feel a lot better that way."

"Tell Yami I'm sorry." Yugi said, ashamed of himself.

"OK…I think…" But before Ryou could finish, the door opened and Yami, Malik and Marik came in.

"Aibou!" Yami hugged his Hikari tightly. "I'm so glad you're OK."

"I'm sorry, Yami, I don't understand what happened…" Yugi said.

"What happened to you...?" Yami was so worried, Yugi can see that.

"Well…" Yugi gasped, remembering that "I think I know a way to Hamunaptra!"

"EH? You do?" Malik gasped.

"You see…" Yugi's Puzzle begean to shake again!

 

"What's happening?!" Yami gasped.

"I dunno…" Yugi stuttered, then the Puzzle gave out a glowing green light.

"Hey, it's pointing something!" Yugi whispered.

"Ay! It must be Hamunaptra, you said so earlier." Malik pointed out.

"Let's hope so." Yami stood up. "Come on let's get a car."

"Great I'll…"

"Guys, let's just walk, get a horse ANYTHING but you two driving a car."

After thinking, Yami sighed. "Let's get a horse."
"But there is just one teeny problem…" Yugi squeaked, everyone looked at him.

 

"…I'm scared of horses…"

 

 

 

 

"There, see Yugi? It's easy to ride a horse. Just don't kick it too hard." Malik said as Yugi climbed up hesitantly over the animal.

Yugi smiled gratefully at Malik who grinned. "Hey, she's gentle. Yami's the one who had bad luck: he's got a rather fierce male horse to handle. But…I'd say he can handle it."

"MALIK I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU!!!"

"Eeep! That part I didn't expect."

"Thought so…" Yugi grinned.

 

 

"Let's see, left from here…ah! That's to the right from this…" Yugi pointed as they followed the light.

"Yugi, lower your voice, people will think you're…" Ryou glanced at their surroundings.

"Hey, by the looks of that ray thing, they'll think Yugi's already weird enough." Malik said.

"Shut up." Yugi groaned. "AHA! There, we head to…"

"…the desert? Is Hamunaptra halfway across the world?" Malik groaned.

"Oh sop it up and move!" Yami said.

"Someone's unhappy!"

"Why shouldn't I be?"

"Aww, Yami doesn't like his liddle howsey. How about that?"

"ISHTAR!!!"

"Ever since Malik gave Yami that *horrible* horse, there came a pretty long chain of arguments with not a damn sense on them." Marik groaned.
"Hey, bear it. I know how it feels, really…" Ryou saddened at the memory. "Bakura was worse…"
"We WILL find him, Ryou-chan." Yugi said, determined. "Seth cannot stop us, and he certainly will not rule the world."

"You're right…" Ryou smiled. But my problem is…what will he say when we see each other again?

 

 

"Hey, it ends here…" Yugi pointed a mountainous region not so far from them, in the heart of the desert.

"So that's it? A stupid nothing?" Marik grumbled.

"Marik!" Ryou noted.
"But seriously speaking, I was expecting more…" Then the Egyptian stopped at the mid sentence.

 

 

The sun was sinking; its colors were somehow brightening the mountains…as they slowly took a different shape.

 

Then suddenly, out of nothing, an image of vast city ruins appeared. An old crumpled earthen wall served as an entrance to the grand city. Words were not enough to describe the miracle.

 

"What were you expecting Marik?" Ryou asked, stunned.

"Uh…did I say that?"

 

"OK, minna! Let's go in!" Yugi who was the quickest to recover from the shock said, making his horse speed up to the city. The others followed after recovering from their shock.

 

 

 

/Little Yugi, how smart you are. Finding the secrets of Hamunaptra, City of Lost Souls!/Seth said to himself, alighting himself atop a cliff. /But soon, you cannot any more interfere with my plans, for I will crush you and your fellow Hikaris like a grape!/

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Ok, so this is Hamunaptra." Malik remarked. "I've never been here all my life."

"Me too." Yami checked the area. "I've heard of it but being here…wow."

"Ok, so where is the Papyri of Ani hidden?" Marik asked.

"Dunno, it was said ot be so secret only Anubis and the other Gods know." Malik replied.

"Hmm…can anyone help figuring out this?" Yugi asked.

 

/The Bronze Horus…/

Ha? Who's talking…

/Find it within the bronze Horus, at the UndergroundCity…/

Bronze Horus…Underground…I GET IT!

 

"Guys, let's try looking underground!" Yugi suggested.

"Huh?"

"Trust me mina."

"Ok, but where do we dig?" Ryou asked.

"Hmm, maybe there's a…" Yami stopped when he felt something under his foot. "…passageway."

 

Everyone watched curiously as the Dark spirit brushed off some sand revealing a round stone slab.

"Coincidence, but helpful." Malik grinned as Yami pushed the slab off to show the passage towards the Underground City…or as it was called…

 

 

The passage seemed so endless, but the group did not lose hope.

"There, I think I see light!" Yugi remarked excitedly as the group drew to the source…

 

 

They found themselves in a place with lots of passages.

"Great, juuuuuust what we need!" Malik groaned, backing off against a wall for support.

"Argh, how long until we find the right path anyway?!" Marik groaned. "WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR ANYWAY?"

"I'm sleepy…" Malik did not realize that his hand weighed over what looked like a stone lever…and it went down. "Uh?"

"Yami?" Marik gasped when the land started to quake.

"Uh oh…" Ryou turned back in horror at the passageway, which was now filled with scuttling scarabs, scorpions and spiders.

"Fuck it all…" Malik cursed.

"Any ideas?" Marik whimpered to the group.

"A good one: RUN!!!" Ryou screamed as the group made way to the stone ramp before them.

 

"Everyone, get out of the ramp now! Leap anywhere!" Yami shouted. "NOW!!!"

At once, everyone jumped out of the way, leaping onto any platform at sight.

But Yugi jumped on a platform, and leaned against a wall…too hard… so…it came that we hear an…

 

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! YAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

But Yugi disappeared quickly.

 

"Aibou?" Yami looked around. "YUGI?!"

"What are we supposed to do?" Marik asked.

When the ramp was free of the scuttling creatures, Yami went straight to the platform Yugi once stood.

"It must be a trapdoor." Marik guessed.

"And how are we supposed to get Yugi out of there?" Yami said, trying desperately to open the door.

"Find another way in…" Malik answered.

"But we don't have time to search the whole place for it!" Yami groaned. "And Yugi could be dead by then…"

"If we can only break down that wall, maybe we…" Malik said.

"Break down the wall? Ishtar you are a GENIUS!" Yami stood up.

"I'm a what?" Malik blinked.

"A genius, happy?" Marik rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, this wall's going down…" Yami focused then a wave of energy collided with the wall…

 

 

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THUD! Yugi landed on a dark area.

"H-hello?" Yugi trembled. "A-anyo-ne th-there…?"
Then he heard a sweeping noise. "Hello?" He trembled.
Then a black shadow swept over the boy. "Shit…" Yugi gasped.

It was a REALLY huge beetle, rather a scarab. It loomed over Yugi, and snapped its mandibles hungrily.

"Aw Ra!" Yugi sobbed when he reached a dead end. "Yami…"

Then the Scarab was about to attack…

 

WHAM!!!

 

The next thing Yugi saw was a Scarab being flung away to the opposite direction. At once he knew…

"YAMI!"

"Aibou, thank Ra." Yugi smiled at his Yami's remark when he saw his friends.

"Hey, I think you just solved our problem Yugi…" Marik grinned when he pointed…

 

"It's the Bronze statue of Horus!" Yugi cheered. "Maybe that Scarab was guarding the Statue!"

"Great, let's find that Papyri now!" Malik said.

 

***

 

 

"Hey, I've got something…a box?" Yami tugged the stone container out slowly for the others to see.

"Hmm…what's in it?" Yugi asked.

"Let's open…Yami?" Ryou was stopped by Yami's hand.

"There's an inscription on this…" Yugi looked over his Yami's shoulder.

"What does it say?" Ryou asked.

"Erm…I can't figure…" Yami said, then he said something in Egyptian…

"What did he say, Yami?" Marik turned to his Yami.

"He said…" Malik swallowed in fear. "'Thief, beware of the evil within the heart. The greed waiting to tear one apart! Unleash death, and you will see, a painful death, worse than death can be…

'Touch not the Papyri, if the terrifying pain is not wished to be felt…'"

"Man, Anubis really hates thieves!" Marik remarked.

"Anyway, we should open it." Ryou took the lid off.

 

Then WOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!! A powerful wind swished through the group.

"Erm, do you think it's really a good idea?" Yugi trembled.

"But we did it already, so…" Yami pulled out an old roll of paper with golden designs on it.

"The Papyri of Ani!" Yugi gasped.

"I don't get it!" Marik groaned. "We feared that inscription...for nothing?!"

Then a growl can be heard…

"Marik, is that a nothing?" Malik said.

"Well…"

"RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!"

 

"Uhm, Yami, didn't the inscription say: 'The greed waiting to tear one apart…' did 'tear' there mean LITERALY?!" Malik panicked.

"I don't wanna find out…" Yugi pointed a strange creature with a black body, and an all familiar jackal's head.

"It's an…Anubite!" Marik gasped.

"A what?" Ryou asked.
"ANUBITE! It's one of Anubis' created servant, they…tear their victims apart with their clawed hands…" Marik trembled. "The inscription was warning us! Anyone who opened the chest will be attacked by the Anubite!"

"Or the person holding…" Yugi thought. "THE PAPYRI! Yami, the Anubite wants the Papyri!"

"It wants it back!" Yami said when he realized the Anubite attacked him.

"YAMI!" Yugi screamed.

"Shit!" Yami rolled away from the creature, but he didn't escape well, he had a bleeding wound on his chest.

"What do we do? What do we do?" Ryou chanted furiously.

"Wait, Yami's go the Papyri right?" Yugi said as he and Ryou rushed to Yami.

"Yeah so... masaka, Yugi!" Ryou gasped.

"I think I've got it!" Yugi pulled the scroll out of Yami's hand.

"Aibou…what…?" Yami gasped between breaths.

"The inscription too said 'Touch not the Papyri, if the terrifying pain is not wished to be felt…' therefore if Yami doesn't have the Papyri…" Yugi turned around. "Hey, looking for this?!" He waved the scroll at the Anubite.

"YUGI NOOOOOO!!!!!" Yami screamed but Yugi already ran away with the Anubite on his tail.

"That kid is insane!" Marik gasped.

"How…are we…supposed to save him…?" Yami gasped.

"Calm down, he'll be…" Marik paused at the mid-sentence when Yugi's scream pierced the air.

"Oh god…aibou!" Yami gasped when he tried to stand, but Ryou held him back.

"Ishtars, do something!" Ryou screamed.

"Uh…"

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Argh! C'mon people!" Ryou helped Yami up.

 

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yugi's shoulder was bleeding, his head and neck had marks and bruises as well.

"Ai-aibou!" Yami choked.

"Do something guys!" Ryou said. "Shit, the Anubite's coming!"

"Guys, get out now!" Yugi forced himself up.

"Yugi, give me the Papyri!" Yami shouted.

"NO! You're hurt enough…HE'S HERE!" Yugi screamed as the Anubite leapt over him, claws out to release the final blow.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"YUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!"
/STTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!/

 

Then the Anubite stopped, then it looked around.

It…stopped… Yugi's mind panted. How…

/I can order any of my son's followers/

Thanks, Nephystis!

/Leave the young one be! He will save the Nile, and he needs the Papyri! Guide them to the Gate! He will need to go to the Underworld to fight Seth…/

 

As if the Anubite heard, it stopped and mysteriously helped Yugi up.

"HA?!" Ryou raised an eyebrow.

"Wow, major attitude change!" Marik said.

"Hey, it worked!" Yugi brightened up. "C'mon guys, he'll show us to the Gate!"

"How?" Yami frowned.

"Trust me on this one!" Yugi smiled as he followed the Anubite.

The others shrugged and followed.

 

 

The Anubite stopped then pointed a mysterious well with strange murky water. It didn't look normal, for it gave off a strange color.

"What is this?" Ryou wondered.

"Ah! I've heard of this! This is the Well of Anubis." Malik said. "It's one of the entrance to the Underworld."

"Really? Cool!" Marik smiled brightly.

"Anyway, we have to read the Papyri now…" Yami groaned as he fell back.

"Yami, you ok?" Yugi asked.

"He's fine, just weakened from talking too much." Ryou remarked.

"Hey, that's mean!" Yami frowned.

"Well a Hikari has his 'moments' sometimes."

"You're becoming like that sadistic Theif."

"YAMI!" Yugi frowned.

"What?"

"It's Ok, Yugi, really." Ryou forced a smile.
"Hey, what's with the bandage?" Yugi asked.
"Duh, I'm wounded by that…whatever that is!" Yami pointed the Anubite.

"Yami, if you keep on moving, it'll be just worse!" Ryou scolded.

"Yes mommy." Yami teased.

"HEY!"

"Argh quit it you two! I can't read this!" Marik shouted.

"It's his fault!" Yami and Ryou pointed each other.

"I don't care just SHUT UP!!!"

"…"

"Thank you!" Yugi and Malik chorused.

 

"Are you sure this is what I'm supposed to say?" Marik asked his Yami.

"It looks all right." Malik assured him. "Just say them right and the portal will open for us."

"Ok…"

"Hey guys, are you done yet?" Yugi asked.

"Uh yeah, where's the Anubite?" Malik asked.

"He's treating Yami with some sort of juice, Yami doesn't seem so comfortable." Yugi grinned.

"I can imagine." Marik grinned. "Anyway… is it safe to just say this in English?"

"It won't work, aibou, if it's in English." Malik stressed.

"Ok…" Marik went off to the well with Malik behind him. Yugi shrugged and followed…

 

"Guys are you sure this is going to work?" Yugi asked.

"Sure I'm positive." Malik said confidently.

"Uh…" Marik was still nervous.

"Go on." Malik encouraged.

"Erm, call me if you need anything…" Yugi said as he went off.

"Ok, so let's start…" Malik looked over his Hikari who nod and began chanting.

 

 

A few minutes later, a bright light shot out from the location of the well.

"Woah!" Ryou blinked. "Are they OK?"

"Ha? Oh yeah, let me check them out!" Yugi plopped down the ground. "MARIK! MALIK!"

"Finally! GUYS THE GATE IS OPEN!!!!!!!" Announced a weary Marik.

"YATA! Let's go Yami, Ryou." Yugi said as he ran over to the well with the Anubite behind him.

"Ok…can you walk now Yami?" Ryou asked.

"A little, maybe…" Yami got up slowly. "Go on, I guess I can handle this on my own."

"Ok…" Ryou went off with Yami limping behind.

 

"Hey, the gate's open!" Marik said, pointing a wall of water rising from the Well.

"Who'll go first?" Malik asked.

"Well…"

"I'll go." Yami said.

"I'll go with you." Malik added and soon the Yamis disappeared to the well.

Soon, the Anubite, Marik, Ryou and Yugi finally went in.

 

and the next thing they knew…

 

 

I'M DROWNING!!!!

 

 

*-------*

 

 

 

Day 7.2-

 

The Unlikely Hero

 

 

"YUGI! RYOU! Ack!"

"Marik I'm here!"

"Then where's Ryou Yugi?"

"AAAAHHHHH!!!!!! Ryou where are you?"

"Yu-yugi!"

"Ryou, are you OK?"

"Yeah, but I can't…get out!" Ryou pushed himself to the surface.

"Me too…hey do you think…?"

"NO WAY! This must be the the Nile River the Yamis are talking about…"

"And if that's true…if we drown…"

"We can never get out!"

 

/It's Seth… he made the gate lead you here…/

What is it, Horus?

/He changed the destination, it was supposed to lead you to the Coast of the Nile, now it lead you somewhere in the CENTER of the river, nearer to the Underworld Palace, though the center is the DEEPEST part of the Nile…/

 

When Marik turned around, he found the silver haired Hikari sinking. "RYOU!"

"Yugi, Marik help…"

"No, no…RYOU!"

 

 

Bakura woke up with a start…

"What…what happened…?" The pale Yami looked around. "Where…?"

"Ah! You're awake Bakura…"
Bakura forced his head to turn left. "Sekhmeth, you teme!"

"Hora! You shouldn't say that to me! You're my hostage!"

"Urusei kono bakemono!"

"Hmph! Fine, remain that way!" With that the goddess turned away.

 

"Some stupid fucking bitch…" Bakura suddenly gasped out, choking. "Holy…"

It was more like drowning, though he didn't feel any water fill his lungs or mouth. "Wha…?"

But the pain vanished, as quickly as it came.

"But…how…?" Bakura looked around. "Was it Sekhmeth? No way, she just left earlier, and if she wanted to hurt me, she could've made the pain last longer… unless…" Bakura hesitated. "But he's mad at me… argh me and my conscience!"

 

//Ryou?//

/…/

//Ryou answer me!//

/He can't hear you./

//?! Who're you?//

/That's not important now. All I want to say is, Ryou is in terrible danger…/

//What?//

/You know you're in the Underwolrd now. And you know what happens at any MORTAL who drowns in the river…/

//Of course I do, I…//

/Then could you take a look outside your window?/

//What window, there's…/ Bakura blinked when he saw a glass window at the end of the room. Curious, he came to it, and the sight he saw made him gasp. Holy Shit no!

/And you know that your Hikari is mortal, don't you?/

 

 

"Ryou, I'm coming!" Yugi said as he dived down and took the fellow Hikari up.
"AAAAHHHHH!!!!!! No worries Marik, but…Ryou can you breathe?"

"Un…a…riga…tou…Yu…gi… " Ryou panted.

"We have to get out of here…" Yugi said. "I'm weakening too…"

"But is there a way?" Marik sighed.

 

 

"I've got to help them!" Bakura looked up. Sure, he doesn't care for that Pharaoh's Hikari, and especially not that Ishtar Hikari but his Hikari was there! He can't just stand and watch his Hikari die.

"I won't stand this…" Bakura growled. "But I can't work my magic there…what can I do?"

 

 

Mo… dame you…

 

"Huh?" Bakura looked around.

 

Kimino chikara ni shinjiteru, kimi no shin ni shinjiteru…

 

 

 

You'll not lose anything or anyone anymore…

 

 

Bakura felt a surge of power in his hands: it formed a ball.

 

 

Never again…

 

 

Understanding everything now, he hurled the energy to the metallic (though unreal, it was only made by Osiris) window which blasted it to the scenery. Bakura smiled to himself…

 

Souka…daskete kuretana ne…

 

Shinji…

 

 

"Huh?" Marik blinked.

"What the-?" Yugi saw the waters form a flat surface supporting Marik, Yugi and Ryou.

Then they noticed the Anubite beside them. "Hey!" Yugi smiled.

The Anubite nod then pointed what looked like an oddly shaped window, and there was a figure there, whose hand is still out and bright from blasting the attack that saved them.

Yugi's eyes widened in disbelief…

 

 

 

Bakura?!

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

"Ow…What happened?" Ryou sat up.

"Don't get up too much, Ryou." Marik said gently. "We just got off the Sacred Nile River."
"H-how?"

"Well, this weird whirlwind came from the water and made us land on the coast. I dunno how that happened…"

"It was Bakura."
"Come again, Yugi?" Marik blinked.

"Bakura saved us, I've seen it. He did it for Ryou." Yugi said, turning at Ryou and smiling. "Well, looks like your Yami does have a nice side.

"Uhm…really?" Ryou couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Yeah."
"Wohoo, someone's got a major attitude change!" Marik said.
"Great."
"Speaking of Bakura, where's our Yamis?" Yugi asked.
"Uh…" Marik thought for a while. "Most likely they're separated from us…"

"The Portal usually leads to the Mirror of Anubis. That portal is supposed to be used by Master to travel from the Underworld to the real world."
"GAH! The Anubite can talk!"

"Calm yourself. My name is Aktu and I'm one of the Guardian Anubites of Master."

"You mean Anubis." Marik said.

"Hmm, if my calculations are correct (which I'm hoping is correct) Yami and Malik must be in Anubis' room then Seth switched the portal, making them inside the Palace where Seth is positively waiting for them!" Yugi guessed.
"Can't you think of a guess that's less complicated?" Marik complained.
"Whatever."
"Most likely, Yugi- sama, you are correct. And if you are correct, then they're far better than we are."

"Uh…yeah…uh-oh…" Yugi blinked. "Mortals are not allowed here, right?"

"Yeah so?" Marik said.
"Didn't the Yamis just mention there's more Soul Stealing creatures here than the Sacred Nile?" Ryou asked.

"Uhm…"
"And aren't WE mortals?!"

"Well, I'm not. I'm a creature as well, and I am bound to protect you Hikaris." Aktu said.

"Thanks, Aktu but you'll not always be there to defend us." Yugi stated.
"Good thing I have my Rod, I can help you guys with this." Marik said, waving his Millennium Item. "I'm worried for my Yami though, I hope he's still Ok."

"But what about us?" Ryou said.

"Hey, we have the Talismans Ryou!" Yugi reminded. "We can defend ourselves by their magic."
"But how?"

"Well, just say the words that trigger their attack!" Yugi said. "You know, I remember Tempest Wing but that's no attack, but I bet Horus can help me with the other ones."

"Horus?"

"Oh, he's the Guardian of my Talisman, I've got a new one, and she's Nephystis! I'm sure they'll help me."

"Gee I wish I know who mine is." Ryou said.

"Me too." Marik said.

"I'm pretty sure that Marik's God is Master Ra, and Ryou's Master Osiris. I've heard of stories from Mistress Nephystis while we were heading here. And I know some of the attacks used belong to those Gods." Aktu said.

"Cool!" Ryou and Marik exclaimed.

"Ready to go, Hikaris?" Aktu asked.

"Ok!"

"I wish I could contact Malik though, I'm pretty worried…" Marik said disappointed.

"Contact? THAT'S IT MARIK!" Yugi said.

"Of course…" Marik smiled as he and Yugi chorused.

"THE MENTAL LINK!"

 

"Ouch…Yow Yami, you OK?"
"I guess so, Malik… wait, where are we?" Yami looked around a golden room with a bed in one side.  On the other side was a mirror and some cabinets out of old fashioned wood.

"Most importantly…" Malik gasped. "MARIK! MARIK!"

Yami realized. "Where are the Hikaris?"

"MARIK! YUGI! RYOU!" Malik was going frantic.

"Oh Ra no!" Yami was about to scream for his aibou too when…

"Shhh! The door's opening!" Yami warned Malik.

"Un. That way…" Malik pointed the cabinet.

The pair had hidden before the door fully opened. And from entered Sekhmeth and an upset Seth.

 

/Argh, I thought the portal lead to the entrance of the Palace!/ Seth said.
/I don't know, but the Yugioh and Malik are still here, that's for sure, but what of Mouto, Bakura and Ishtar?/ Sehkmeth tried to change the topic.

/Now that part I'm sure! Surely those three are already drowning on the Sacred Nile./ Seth laughed.

/That means…/

/Their souls have no hope of escape from the Nileand there they will rot forever!/

"MASTER SETH!"

/What is it, slave?/

"The prisoner is trying to escape!"

/ARGH! That stupid son of-/

/Let's just go, Seth!/ Sehkmeth rushed out of the room. Seth blinked and followed.

 

A few minutes later, Yami and Malik went out of their hiding place.

"Did you hear what I think I heard?" Malik fumed.

"Oh good Osiris please let not that be true." Yami whispered. "We've got to get out of here, Malik. Yugi and the others might be in danger!"

"They ARE!" Malik said. "And I agree for one, but where do we go? The Nile's huge and-"

"LET ME GO YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH DOG HEAD!"

"I think I know that voice…" Yami said, Malik nod. "BAKURA!"

 

"LET ME GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Argh, he's hard, master!"

/Let me handle him!/ Seth took out his Talisman and said. /DARK SHOCK!!!!!!/

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" Bakura fell to his knees. "I -feel-weak…"

"Hmph, you were always weak, Tomb Robber!" The Anubite who held him growled.

"S-shu-t up!" Bakura groaned.

/As always Bakura you were always weak, unchanging. You know who you're like Shinji really, and like your father. The only thing is that you're father did the right thing…he gave up his soul to me to help me in my vengeance against Osiris and Horus!/

"Heck, and he was so stupid to trust you! I mean he was already stupid from the start, believing in Heretics!" Bakura said harshly.

"You teme! GO BACK TO YOUE PRISON!" The Anubite kicked Bakura which made him groan.

/Hmm…trying to escape? I wonder why?/ Sehkmethsneered. /I wonder…you know how dangerous even for a spirit to stay outside? Or is it about…your Hikari?/

"You bitch!" Bakura growled, forgetting his state for a moment.

 

"And that would definitely be the Bakura we all know and hate!" Yami said.
"Do we really have to save him?" Malik groaned.
"If it's for me, I'd rather see him rot in jail with Seth, but Ryou will kill us when he finds out…"

 

/YAMI!/

//Aibou?// Yami said excitedly. //Oh Ra, aibou is that you?//

/Yes, thank God we can still use the mental link!/

//What happened?//

/We nearly drowned at the Nile, man it was murky and tough to swim!/

//Yugi, stop making me worry already! WHERE ARE YOU?!//

/Uh…we're at some coast near the river./

//Maybe I can take over…//

/NO! You're gonna be in danger! It's safer to stay where you are here with us!/

//Yugi, you're in worse danger than I am! A mortal can't survive long in the Underworld…//

/Yami, onegai. We'll find our way in the Palace and help you. Besides we're not alone, we've got Aktu!/

//Aktu?//

/Duh! The Anubite!/

//Eh?//

/I trust him OK?/

//Fine, just be careful…//

 

/Malik you there?/

//AIBOU!//

/Hoy, calm down, I'm OK./

//Thank Osiris, we've heard you were dragged to the Nile River.//

/Yeah…Thanks to Bakura, he saved us…/

//?! Bakura did?! The unbelievable miracle of the century!//

/Be serious will you?! Yugi saw it himself! He tried to save us!/

//????!!!!! A REALLY unbelievable miracle of the century!//

/Anyway, be careful Malik, because- HOLY SHIT!!!/

//What?!//

/It's Ryou, there' s a beast that looks like a cat and- YUGI!!! Sorry Yami, gotta go!/

//MARIK WAIT!!!//

/…/

 

"Oh Ra…" Malik paled.

"What?" Yami asked.

But Malik didn't have a chance to reply when…

 

"ARGH! INTRUDERS!!!"

"OUCH!" Malik was pinned down by an Anubite. "TEME!" Malik growled and threw the Anubite off.

Yami groaned. "Get ready for a major fight zone…" Sensing someone behind him, he threw an energy ball. At once, the Anubite flew across the room.

"Shit!" Malik cursed as a new pack of Anubites appeared.

Clearly, the Yamis were winning the fight…but that was until…

 

/You fools stop right there!/

"Sekhmeth!"

"Correct! And  look what I've got!" Sehkmeth raised a dagger against a paler than normal, weakened and half-conscious Yami Bakura.

"Bakura!" Malik gasped.

"You…bitch…" Bakura growled.

"So what's it gonna be: The Prison Cell or this Thief's life?"

"As much as I would like you to cut his throat in half, I guess I should surrender." Yami sighed. He knew Malik would do the same thing.

"I just love humans!" Sekhmeth cackled as the other two Yamis were subdued.

 

 

***

 

 

"YUGI! RYOU!"
"This is not good." Aktu said as Yugi and Ryou struggled under the Tail, no actually just one of her NINE pink, tusked tails of what looked like a weird cat beast nine feet tall. She had Saber Tooth Fangs and wide green eyes.  She roared.

"Argh! I can't…get free…OUCH!!!" Yugi felt one of the ivory tusks dig on his shoulder, another one buried itself on his leg.

"Yugi! ARGH!" Ryou felt one of the spikes injure his right leg.
"What now, Aktu?" Marik panicked.

"That beast is one of the Most Powerful Guardians of the Gates of the Underworld. I'm a guard of the Palace, but I've never encountered a Kyuneko!"

"Come again?"

"A Kyuneko. A cat with nine tails of spikes. It's one of the most powerful Guards of the Gates. It feeds on the lost mortals stranded here, besides the other beasts around."

 

"What're we gonna do Yugi?" Ryou asked fearfully.

"Let me think…" Yugi groaned. "Someone help me!"

 

 

 

TOMB PLUNDER!!!

 

 

 

 

Yugi's puzzle glowed Red. "What's happening to my Puzzle?"

Suddenly, the Kyuneko was falling apart, piece by piece. It howled and screeched pain. Then blood soaked the ground as the beast's organs, flesh and bones fell.

Soon, Yugi and Ryou plopped down the ground, clutching their injuries.

"Th-thanks Yugi…" Ryou said gratefully.

"You're wel-welcome…" Yugi smiled.

"Yugi! Ryou!" Marik gasped. "You guys OK?"

"A bit…" Yugi said tiredly.

"Here, apply this" The Anubite handed a jar of clear gel.

"What is it?" Yugi asked.

"It will help with the pain and curing. It's a special balm made from the Well of Isis then added with the extract from the Lily of the River of Healing." Aktu informed them.

"Thanks…" Yugi applied the bam and for some reason, the pain lessened and the cut stopped bleeding.

"The healing will be slow but the pain will at once vanish." Aktu said.

"Thanks for everything really…" Ryou smiled as the pain slowly vanished.

"Rest for a while, Hikaris. Even if the pain stopped, the fractures are not yet well. If you force yourselves, the fracture will trigger pain that the medicine cannot block." Aktu advised.
"Good idea, I'll watch over you guys." Marik announced.

"I as well." Aktu went off to scout the area.

"Now back to what I was doing before…" Marik concentrated slowly…

 

 

"Why did you do it? You should've escaped." Frowned an extremely annoyed Bakura.

"For one thing, I really want you to look weak and pathetic, Thief." Yami said.
"I'LL KILL YOU PHARAOH!"

"Oh just shut up you two idiots!" Malik frowned.

"Really, why did you guys give up? I don't think it's for me, since we're all one for one here." Bakura said.

"If it's just for you, I'd have no second thought to leave you behind Tomb Robber, " Yami growled. "But Ryou wouldn't want to hear that."
"Ryou?" Bakura echoed.

"Yeah, you should've known  how worried your Hikari was, and let me just tell you that you don't deserve his kindness…" Malik remarked.

"Fine…" Bakura looked away. Hikari…

 

/Malik!/

//MARIK!//

/Hey, we're OK down here!/

//OK? You said there was some monster that attacked you earlier!/

/Other than some mean fractures and nasty wounds, Ryou and Yugi are Ok./

//That's OK?! Are you sure they're fine?//

/Of course, why?/

/They don't sound like it./

/Erm…we'll find our way to the Palace and try to get you out of there!/

//HEY! We're not some Yami in distress here! We'll figure out a way ourselves while YOU figure out a way to get yourselves OUT of trouble!//

/Yes Mommy!/

//SHUT UP!//

/YIII!!!! Bye!/

 

"Back in reality?"

"AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Don't shock me like that, Pharaoh!"

"Oh, I sound like him do I?" Said a sarcastic-voiced Bakura.

"?! Well you do sound like him."

"You want to die early?"

"HEY! Is that a threat, dumbass?"

"DUMBASS?! Why I…"

"Anyway, you were talking to your Hikari, right?" Yami asked, snapping the two out of the argument.

"Yeah, and if you're asking how Yugi is, other than some wounds and mean fractures, he's OK."

"THAT'S OK?! You call that OK?! Do you even know what the word means?"

"That reminds me what I said earlier…" Malik said to himself. "But Marik said they're fine."
"They?" Bakura looked alarmed.

"Oh, and your Hikari's gone through the same thing!"

"Great, that's what you call FINE!"

"Whatever…"
"Don't WHATEVER me, Ishtar!"

"And don't shout at me, THIEF!!!"

"(-_-*) You guys are weird." Yami sighed.

 

 

"Ouch, how far are we, Aktu?" Yugi groaned as they went up a small hill.

"Uh, most likely a few more kilometers far, do you need rest?" Aktu said, concerned.

"I'm fine, I'm just worried for Yami and the others." Yugi smiled.

"Taking a break is not gonna kill us Yugi." Ryou said. "Honestly, I'm tired too."
"Ok then…"

"It's nice to take a shade, Hikaris." Aktu warned. "But beware of Fake ones."
"Come again?" Marik asked, alarmed.

"Fake trees known as the "Shades". They take form of any types of plants and acts like a parasite, draining the victims their branches grab on to survive, then they'll go to another place. If not on any other forms, they're wearing a black or blue and scarlet robe covering them completely. No one has ever seen their face, and those who do… well they don't survive to tell the tale…"

"Ugh…" Yugi groaned, paling.

"Well, all I know is they only listen to one person…"

"Who?" The Hikaris asked, curious.

"Isis."

"Isis?"

"Yes. They do listen to Osiris and follow every command. But they'll listen to Isisas well, for Isis' favor can affect Osiris' judgment and favor towards you as well. It helps a lot when Isis smiles upon you."

"Oh…"

"Get your sleep now, I'll keep watch out here."
"Thanks…" smiled the three Hikaris as they floated to Dream Land...

 

And as a shadow of Scarlet and Blue swept over their area…

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm done! Ok, see you on the next Chappie! Hope this is not some cliffhanger! Don't worry, Ishizu and Jou will be saved soon, and Sehkthi will be kicked on the ass by yours truly Marik Ishtar the enraged. But for now, we all hope your enjoyment! Bye!

 

Pls. RxR!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Darkhopemisstress@yahoo.com

 

 

 

 

 

Chap. 6 Preview:  (Warning: MORE VIOLENCE, BLOOD AND SWEARING AHEAD IN THIS CHAPPIE! ALSO MAJOR SHOCK ATTACKS! *joke*)

 

Yugi and the gang finally broke into Osiris' palace, but at the Main Hall, they face Seth, and while doing so, something happens… Now given the task to set two new Talismans free, Ryou and Marik must figure out how to make the two controlled Gods trust them, while Yugi must claim from Seth what he came for in the first place. But as the Hikaris and Aktu finally beat Seth, they find out the Yamis are missing. Holding on their last shred of hope, they head to the Realm of the Undead to find Seth and their Yamis. But while in the strange world, they encounter two surprising figures who reveal a shocking secret about Yugi and Ryou.. and they also find out what Marik's part was in the past…but if things are destined to happen all over again, how will Yugi save the Kaiba brothers, namely Mokuba, from Seth's evil wrath? And is there a single hope of saving Jou and Ishizu from the crazed God?

 

 

 

Day 8- The Growing Force of Light

 

 

"Argh!"Seth growled as Yugi hit him with the attack.

"Haven't got enough Seth?" Yugi said.

"You are SO persistent! Much like Horus!" Seth grimaced as the pain grew.

"Well you're gonna know how persistent WE are now!" Ryou hit Horus with Green Blast.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Seth, in his confusion, dropped two  of the Talismans. "Argh!" The god cursed as he swooped down to take the pendants but…

 

 

VENOM WRAP!

 

 

Bandages wrapped the pendant and one of the Talisman fell in Ryou's hands, the other was tossed to Marik.

"Ba-bakana!Naze…OSIRIS!!!" Seth raged.

"But…who…" Ryou blinked.

"How?"Marik stared in surprise.
"AH! That Talisman, it is all to familiar!" Aktu said.

"Really?"Marik said. "They all look the same…"
"No, I know now why Osiris wants them  back, especially that one Ryou, so badly…within your new Talisman Ryou, is Osiris' beloved wife, Isis, and yours, Marik is Osiris son, Anubis. And now, Marik and Ryou, you are given the task of setting them free…"

 

 

 

Day 8.2- Missing?!

 

 

"Aktu, we've searched the entire castle, yet there is zero evidence that our Yamis are here!" Marik said.

"Where could they be?" Aktu mused.
"Maybe Sehkmeth took them away while we were fighting him off in the Main Hall!" Yugi said.

"Shit, just when we're so close…" Ryou was about to break down.

"We WILL find them and beat Seth to Hell, Ryou!" Marik said, pretty determined.

"But what now…?" Ryou asked.

"Hmm…is there any other place in the World both here and above that Seth can stay?" Yugi asked Aktu.

"Actually, I have only one place in mind…" Aktu said.
"Well, it'll be a lot helpful if everyone here in this empty palace would know." Malik said.

"Well, there's only one other place where Seth could be…"

"Where?"The Hikaris chorus.
"Does anyone of you know the Realm of the Undead?"

 

 

 

Day 8.3- If this is Destiny…

 

 

"So we are supposed stop Seth from ruling the world." Yugi said.

"Exactly."Akari said.
"But why Yugi, Marik and I, Shinji?" Ryou asked.

"Because the Ishtar bloodline were said to be the Priests of Ra. The Bakuras were known to be Seers of Osiris, and The Moutos were Messengers of Horus. You were given the Talismans because they chose you." Shinji explained.

"But how…I don't have the strength you have Akari!" Yugi said.

"That is not true, you're every bit as strong as I am." Akari said.

"So are you Ryou, you're as strong as I am." Shinji said.

"Why do you say so?" Ryou asked.

"Because Yugi and Ryou… you are us…"