Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Hathor ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
        A/N: DS: What’s your problem exactly, DCOH? DCOH: Uh—nothin’! Anyway—isn’t Ryou in this chapter? DS: If you read 8 as “nine”—maybe… DCOH: Figures! ~_~ DS: Howdy—this is chapter eight of my fic—I don’t know how long this story will go but—chow and enjoy while you still can! DCOH: After this—it’ll be a RYOU CENTERED FIC!

  Note:  I know DMG is really the apprentice of DM who does nothing more than pestering him a lot (but cares about him as if he’s the only family she has) but heck—I want them to be siblings in this fic, so there’ll be a few changes—but I’m sticking to the real story!     Oh—and DM died because of Bakura I guess—not sure why though—I’ll go over the Manga again—if only my c*****will just stop hiding them from oh BLAST IT!  But I’ll change that story a bit…only A BIT ok, so don’t worry—like what I said, I’m still faithful to the Manga version.                 Chapter 8— The Power of One           Songs of Hathor           Day 9.4— The Crown of Light…           -*-   Life can be a challenge Life can seem impossible It’s never easy when so much Is a lie…   -*-       Yugi, atop Osiris’ back, finally was able to peek at what the Tower of Curses really looked like.  It was a tall, mold-eaten structure with a skull for a roof, and around it were spiky tall trees that seemed to have life of its own.   “This place is so gross! Does anybody live here?!” Yugi exclaimed.   “If you count shadow beasts as living beings—well yes there is.” Osiris said.   “Well, thanks for the ride Osiris…I can beat the crap out of Seth alone now.  You should go and help the others.” Yugi said.   “But—…”   “I’m gonna be fine, Osiris! So go on now—run off. I’ll be all right!” Yugi smiled.  “They need you there—Hayen’s one bad puppy!”   Osiris sighed.  “If you say so Master Yugi.”

”I love you Osiris!” Yugi smiled widely.  “Bye ya!”   With that, Yugi left Osiris who wanted to slap himself if he only had hands.       Mahoudo’sgoing to kill me for this!       -*-   But you can make a difference With courage you can set things right The gift to dream & make dreams real Is yours and mine…   -*-       Dark Magician jumped away from Hayen’s laser attack.  “This is one big bad puppy we’ve got here.”   “Right on—but he’s not that hard!” Dark Magician Girl waved her wand and hit the hyena.   Hayengrowled and attacked the young Mage.   “Shut up sucker!”  Celtic waved his sword and threw Hayen to the wall.   “Serves you right asshole!” Dark Magician Girl stuck out her tongue.   “He’s getting up again!” Exodia warned as the dog rose up from the fallen debris he had hit.   “Man, this puppy never gives up, does he?!” Celtic growled.   “Maybe because it misses his mommy!” Dark Magician Girl mused.    “Hey maybe you can be his new mommy!” Celtic suggested.   “I HATE YOU!” Dark Magician Girl screamed.   “Focus guys!” Dark Magician groaned as he attacked the Hyena.   “Right.”Dark Magician Girl waved her wand again.  “You’re going down!”   Hayengrowled and fired another attack.   “That won’t stop me tubby!” Dark Magician Girl fired her own Dark Magic attack.   Hayengroaned in pain for a while then tackled Dark Magician Girl.   “AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”

”Oh damn!” Dark Magician cursed as he fired a stronger attack at Hayen.   Hayenstumbled then Celtic and Gaea dashed after him.   “Ow that beast is gonna pay all right!” Dark Magician Girl growled as she stood up.   Dark Magician smirked.  “You don’t look so strong now.”

The younger mage stuck her tongue at him.  “Whatever!”   “Don’t ‘whatever’ me stupid and get moving—we’ve got a beast to beat!”   “Oh—right.”           &nbs p;            & nbsp;           &nbs p;            & nbsp;          -*-     The Power of One begins with believing It starts in the heart, then flows through the soul And changes the world!   Imagine how life will be When we stand in unity Each of us holds the key—to the Power of One.   -*-     Yugi arrived at the top of the staircase. “Seth, I’m here as promised!”   /Finally, I thought I’m going to wait forever!/ Seth was sitting on a dark cushioned throne.   “What is this place?”   /This was used to be the Kingdom of Light—until a certain someone came and infested the Angels living here with darkness—and did some modifications—so this Kingdom is now known as the Kingdom of Darkness—and this, once the Throne of Hope—is now the Throne of Despair.   /This was one of the Kingdoms under the Reign of Horus—the Forestof Divinity.  You have arrived at the foremost of the Forest—nearest to the Shadow Realm, so you don’t need a portal to reach the other Realm.  But this tower is unreachable without going through a portal—and you, who have crossed with Osiris, should know that by now./   “Stop stating the obvious Seth—I know it’s your fault this place became a dump!”   /One thing I like about you is your sharp mind Mouto.  And as a reward, I’ll take you to a place no mortal has ever set foot before./   Seth clapped his hands.   Yugi gasped—everything around them melted and lights surrounded them. “Wh—where are you taking me?!”

/To a sacred place—a  forbidden place for you mortals./   “If it is forbidden, then why am I coming along with you—I’m a mortal just in case you don’t know Seth!”   /I know perfectly well who you are, Yugi Mouto.  But in your case, I might as well overlook that rule—/   The lights disappeared as a new surrounding slowly took shape.  Trees and flowers of different sizes and colors sprouted from the grassy grounds.  A huge blue spring shaped like a flower  was filled with silver liquid flowing from blue hand ornaments with floating energy balls on them—and on from the energy balls came the liquid.   “Well, whatever this is…it’s definitely not water.” Yugi muttered out loud.    Seth smirked.  /This is elixir is the Elixir of Light—one drink of that Elixir will give you enough energy to withstand ten thousand enemies at once.  It will also boost your Light Energy to the maximum. Do you see what’s on top of the water—the object that absorbs the Elixir from the Spring of Light?/   Yugi peered closer.  On the spring was a small round barrier bearing a golden crown with an Eye of Ra encrusted Ruby on the center.   /That is the Crown of Justice—the one Horus wore when he took his Father’s place on the throne of Upper Egypt.  It was said to grant its wearer unlimited power—and only Horus and his chosen ones can wear it./   “And let me guess—I, being the descendant of the Moutos, Seers of Horus, and as the Light He has chosen Himself, am supposed to wear that crown right?”   /Being the most powerful amongst the Talisman Bearers and being the representation of Horus on Earth—yes, you were right Yugi Mouto—this is your destiny: to be the new Master of the Crown of Justice./   “Oh great—and I’m the King of this place.” Yugi said sarcastically.   /Oh but you are./           “HOLY—WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

/The Master of the Crown of Justice becomes the Ruler of ALL the Realms under Horus—and once you claim your title, you can fill this realm with the same light and glory it did before./   “Crap, I can’t do that! That can’t be true for Ra’s sake!”   /Light of Horus, do you think your job is just to save the world—well just to inform you—NO!  As the representation of Horus himself, you have the responsibility to be the Ruler of Upper Egypt—as well as the realms under him.  As the reincarnation of Akari, you SHOULD know that./   “How—who—how did you know that?!”   /Oh puleez—even if I am a damned God, I’m still a God—I know what the hell is happening in the Mortal Realm Mouto! And I know that you are the reincarnation of Akari Mouto, Ryou Bakura is Shinji Bakura, Marik Ishtar is Haru Ishtar, Mokuba Kaiba is Meiji Kaiba and Seto Kaiba is Set Kaiba!/ “Set? Who the heck is that?”   /Our chat ends here, Yugi Mouto—it’s time to finish what we began!/   -*-   Each of us is chosen; There’s a mission just for you Just look inside and be surprised At what you can do   -*-     “Ok—tubby really needs to exercise more!” Celtic groaned as the oversized hyena tackled him. “GAEA, DARKY!”

”Just great—CELTIC!” Gaea tried to attack Hayen but it growled and fired another laser attack.   Exodia tried to approach as well but Hayen attacked with a huge red ring that surrounded the area, melting anything that approached it.   “Really…is that the only thing it can do?!” Dark Magician growled.   “HELP ME, THIS PUPPY’S CRUSHING ME TO DEATH!”  Celtic shouted.   “As if we’re not trying to!” Dark Magician said as Hayen kept on attacking them.  Darn, it really wants us away from Celtic—what now?!

”DARKY AND COMPANY HELP ME!”     Then a huge blue ball fired at Hayen.   The hyena screamed and got off Celtic to run off, his abdomen burned deeply.  But a giant red body squeezed the Hayen, rooting him on the spot.   “’ bout time you came to save us Osiris!”  Celtic groaned as he was helped up by Gaea and Exodia.   “Looks like I came on time.” Osiris smirked as he squeezed Hayen until the hyena’s body burst. Dark Magician Girl made a face.   “And you came when we’re about to die—annoying but appreciated.” Gaea said.   “Oh shut up.” Exodia rolled his eyes.   “Wait—isn’t Master Yugi with you?” Dark Magician asked.   “Well he was—but he’s currently at the Tower of Curses fighting Seth…”       ---       “AH! ” Yugi put up a psychic barrier to protect himself, as he and Seth once again dueled.   Yugi ignored his painful wounds and blasted Seth a huge wave of energy.  “So if I’m the Master of his Realm and the bearer of the Crown and Justice—where do you fit in, Seth?!”   /I am the one who will take all of that from you Yugi Mouto—and once again, I will get rid of Akari just like I did in the past!/   “Funny, I knew you’d say that. But let me tell you this—IN YOUR DREAMS BAKA!” Yugi blasted another attack at Seth who avoided it.   /You should understand that your destiny is not only to wear the crown—but to take the Path of Death!/   “You’re not my mother Seth—I can decide for myself, thank you!”   /Akari knew that from the start—from the start that he had tapped the powers of the Talisman that he must die!/   “Oh really—give me one good reason why he must?!”

/Remember Aktu—remember the Seal of Sacrifice? A more powerful sealing magic can be done by the Talisman of Horus—a sealing magic that is worth a 1000 life force energy level—the life force of a human being: the secret sealing technique—the Seal of Everlasting Salvation.  Unfortunately, since Akari lacked the Crown, his sacrifice to held seal the Shadow Realm Dungeon—where I was imprisoned— went in vain—and I was still able to come out in accordance to the prophecy—which will take place four days from now.   /But if you have the Crown of Light as well as the Talisman of Horus—you can seal me in my prison once and for all— in exchange of your life.  But even if you are able to stop me, I will still be in peace—knowing that I have cause even greater pain now that in the past—that I have eliminated Yugi Mouto—the Light of Horus—and the Pharaoh./   “Shut up!” Yugi growled as he attacked Seth with Silver Arrow, but Seth blocked it and grinned smugly.   /It’s hard to accept the truth isn’t it?  But there is no other way—if you want me to stop returning over and over again—you’ve got to seal me away—along with your life.  Think about it: without me around, Yugioh can find a new light and live in peace, and Mahoudo and his friends can be happy serving a new master that has nothing to do with me!  Can’t you see that replacing you is as easy as one, two, three?!  Didn’t Yugioh replace Akari by you?  Surely he can do it again with someone else—as well as your Duel Monsters./   “Will—wait, who’s Mahoudo?”     -*-   The Power of One begins with believing It starts in the heart, then flows through the soul And changes the world!   Imagine how life will be When we stand in unity Each of us holds the key—to the Power of One.     -*-     /Ah, finally you asked—Mahoudo is Yami’s most faithful servant—as well as your favorite Dark Magician.  He along with his sister, known to you as Dark Magician Girl had been under Yami ever since 5000 years ago—and like Yami, they had failed to protect one of the most important people in their lives—Akari Mouto.   /As I have said, Akari is smart, friendly and a good companion.  If Yugioh was infected by his warm light, why not Mahoudo?  Apparently, Akari was close with Mahoudo and his friends as well—he told them about the stories that he loved hearing from his grandfather, exchanging facts and stories of real life adventure—in other words he is a pleasant company, always sensible and mature for his age.   /But when I had forced Yami to bias against young Akari, Mahoudo and the others were torn—between their loyalty to Yami, and their friendship with Akari.  But since they were too slow, I had finally—convinced them—to be by my side and sadly, the ended up doing what Yugioh too had done—they helped killed Akari./   Yugi was shocked.  Dark Magician killed Akari as well?! No way! “AH SHIT!” Yugi cursed as he blocked another unexpected attack from Seth.  But sadly, he was wounded on the side—and it was bubbling hot with acid.   /In a sense, Mouto, you have reminded Yugioh of Akari—of course he never knew you ARE Akari.  So what makes you think the Duel Monsters won’t be reminded of him?  One thing however, that you and Akari differ is that you have that different aura—Akari is more about facts and adult like company—he is like Mahoudo for one: serious, friendly but caring and protective.  You are more of the childish type—sweet, innocent, funny and bubbly—something that those narrow minded fools would endear more./   “So what you’re trying to say to me is that—?” Yugi gasped as Seth suddenly summoned a Staff and rammed it against Yugi’s protective barrier.   /In other words, if I were some mortal speaking to you now, you’re type that can charm anyone to loving you. If Akari is pleasant company, you’re a valuable one.  And you know how painful it is to lose something VALUABLE!/   “Seth you ARE sick!” Yugi groaned.  “And the world doesn’t need to be infected by whatever virus is contaminating you! SILVER ARROW!” Yugi shot another arrow at Seth who blocked it with his staff.   /How pathetic—CURVE OF DESTRUCTION!/     “AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” Yugi screamed as he toppled over the Spring of Life. “Oh damn!”   /Our game ends here Yugi Mouto—and you’ve lost!/     -*-   The Power of One begins with believing It starts in the heart, then flows through the soul And changes the world!     -*-   The Spring of Life suddenly glowed…and the Crown of Justice shot several lights around the area.   “Wh—what’s happening?!” Yugi gasped, backing away from the spring.   /Oh no!/ Seth cursed. /The crown has been awakened./   The Crown of Justice broke through its barrier and rested protectively in front of Yugi, shooting a powerful ray of light at Seth.   /AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!/ Seth screamed as he toppled to the pillar.   “Wow!” Yugi gasped, astonished.   If the crown had that much power alone—what more if it and Horus are combined.   Then the surroundings began to melt again.  After a few minutes, Yugi and Seth along with the crown are back up the Tower.   “What a ride!” Yugi breathed the excitement out of his tensed body.     Then there was a terrible shaking.  The pillars of the tower were slowly swaying.  And the floor and walls were slowly cracking up.   “Shit—the place is going down!” Yugi gasped in realization.   Grabbing the Crown, Yugi bolted downstairs.     “Well, there it is—the Tower of Curses—hey, it’s even dancing!” Celtic pointed the faraway tower that was strangely swaying.  He and the Dark Magician along with Osiris were the only ones that went to the Tower of Curses—since Exodia was too weakened to go on (being the one who fought with Hayen the most), and Gaea and Dark Magician Girl had to be left behind to help him.   “Dancing? Since when does a tower dance?” Dark Magician wondered aloud.  But after taking a closer look, he felt like strangling his friend because of his stupidity.  “IT’S NOT DANCING, STUPID, IT’S SHAKING—HAVE THE WORD ‘EARTHQUAKE’ EVER ENTERED YOUR DICTIONARY?!”

”Shaking—then that must mean…” Osiris said in realization.   “Oh no—MASTER YUGI!” Celtic realized.       Imagine how life will be When we stand in unity     Yugi sped up down the tower, panting slightly.  Damn, can’t I go any faster?!   Then suddenly…   “ACK!”Yugi tripped. “Oh shit what no—?”   “MASTER YUGI!”   Am I seeing things—that moving pillar looks like Dark Magician—wait—IT IS DARK MAGICIAN! Yugi’s mind screamed with happiness.  “DARK MAGICIAN OVER HERE!”   Celtic Guardian followed Dark Magician up.  “Master Yugi!”   Dark Magician ran to Yugi’s side.  “Are you all right?”   “Judging by my state, what do you think?” Yugi smiled.  “But boy am I glad to see you guys!”   Celtic carried the boy up.  “C’mon, I think this tower’s Tango is about to end.”   “Let’s get out of here!” Yugi said as he and his companions ran away from the collapsing pillars.         Yugi sat down the rock and looked back at the collapsing tower.  He and his friends have made it safely away from the tower and now, Dark Magician was curing him while Celtic sat down, watching the tower slowly fall.  Osiris had gone back to his den, knowing that his Master is safe.   Yugi sighed to himself.  He had a lot of questions to ask the Dark Magician—if all that Seth had said is true, then Mahoudo, as Seth called his monster, might repeat the mistake of the past—he’ll have Mahoudo kill him just like what happened to Akari for his Talisman.    And if Mahoudo found that out—the part that Yugi has the Talisman AND is the reincarnation of Akari—he would surely freak.   “The tower’s finally collapsed totally!” Celtic mused as the tower crumpled to nothing.  “Oh well, best be off—…” Then, the Elf noticed the troubled look on Yugi’s face.  “Is there something that is bothering you Master Yugi?”   Shit, am I that obvious?! Yugi cursed.  He was getting used to this cursing thing—man he was growing up!   “N—nothing of course!” Yugi stammered.  Oh puleez, that would work—and I’m a 5000 year old mummy!   “Really, Master Yugi? You don’t look and sound like it.” Dark Magician piped and eyebrow up.   “OK—I was just bothered at what Seth said.”   “Care to share?”   “Well—…” Yugi sighed.  Now or never— “It’s about that kid named Akari.” Just act as if you don’t know him, OK?   Dark Magician’s eyes narrowed.  Celitc paled.  “And?” The mage pressed on.   “He said that—you killed him?”   If that were an arrow, it would have hit its target in a mercilessly perfect shot.     “Y—yes we did.”     Each of us holds the key —It’s inside of you and me     “Oh Ra, I’m so sorry I mentioned that, Dark Magician.” Yugi mentally kicked himself.  First, I made Yami upset—now I’m putting my Monsters through the same thing—why didn’t I just make something up?!   “It’s OK—it’s our own fault anyway…” Celtic gave his friend a comforting pat on the shoulder.   “I—I just can’t believe it—now I know why Seth was so happy about it!” Yugi frowned.  “I can’t believe he’ll be using you guys to—…” Then Yugi slapped himself on the forehead.  Yugi Mouto, you are SO stupid!  They don’t know you have the Talisman and they definitely don’t know you’re AKARI! How could you be so STUPID?!   Dark Magician looked at his Master, concerned. “What were you trying to say— that Seth was going to use us to?”   Yugi was cornered.  Damn it—THINK! You got yourself in this mess and you certainly must bail yourself OUT of it, Yugi Mouto! THINK FOR CHRIST’S SAKE!  “—Uhm, Seth told me he has plans to take over the world again—and that he plans using you guys—I just don’t want to believe he’ll use you all over again like what he did before… Yami told me before that he killed Akari because of Seth.”   “Akari was one of best friends we’ve ever had.”  Celtic remembered. “I sometimes can’t believe he’s gone now…”   “…because of us.”   “Darky, don’t say that.” Celtic raised an eyebrow.   “But it’s the truth!”   “Listen, Seth made us do it!  We didn’t exactly volunteer for the job!”

”BUT IT’S BECAUSE OF OUR WEAKNESS—MY WEAKNESS—THAT MASTER AKARI IS DEAD!”

Yugi noticed tears brimming on his Monster’s eyes. Seth—you bastard—how could you let them go through this?!   He remembered Yami’s words… that he had been bearing all the guilt and pain of Akari’s death for who knows how long.  And his monsters are going through the same way.   He couldn’t stand his Monster friends arguing.  He knew Celtic was only trying to fight against the urge to agree with Dark Magician, for he could see tears as well.  He held the Crown that he had carried off from the Tower.  Akari help me…     \ Is everything all right, Yugi?\   /?! Who’s that?/   \Nothing to worry about Yugi, it’s me—Akari.\   /Akari? How come you never told me we had a bond?  For a second there, I thought it was Yami!/   \You never called upon me—how can I tell you?\   /I can’t believe Mahoudo and the others killed you as well!/   \And I can’t believe they still haven’t gotten over that.\ Akari mentally sighed. \That’s why I always wanted to tell you ‘NEVER DIE!’ For God’s sake, I never knew dozens cried over my death until Haru mentioned it to me… he died last… with Yugioh the one who cried the most, followed by Mahoudo…then the rest of the Monsters there now…\   /Well—they really care for you I guess./   \Remember what Seth said? I was their friend, yes, but you’re something different.  To them, I was like Yugioh—but you, you’re like a younger sibling to them.\   /So? What makes us different?/   \Being a younger sibling means that they feel not obligated—but dedicated in protecting you.  Your innocence, cheerfulness and charm are the things that made them endear you Yugi.  I was innocent, yes, but I wasn’t as sweet or as cheerful as you are—and like what Seth said, losing something VALUABLE hurts more than anything else Yugi—and you are that VALUABLE now.\   /Then what Seth said—all of them are true—including the Self-sacrifice thingy that went in vain?/   \Yeah but—you don’t have to die Yugi to seal Seth away—for Seth doesn’t know one thing—THERE IS ANOTHER WAY TO SEAL HIM OFF!\   /Really? And what’s that?/   \Better cut this off—Darky’s shaking you like crazy.\   /?! What happened?/   \No duh—you look dazed, and it looks a lot scarier than when you’re in link with Yami… it’s as if you’re hypnotized and staring at nowhere.\   /YIII!!! Gotta get back!/     Yugi quickly woke up from his daze.   “Master Yugi?” Dark Magician called.   “Uh—sorry, Dark Magician…sorta dozed off.” Yugi said.   “Dozed off? Your eyes are half-open and you were staring at nothing minutes ago.” Celtic said, worried.   “Uh—sorry guys about making you worry—and about Akari too.”   Celtic smiled and gave Yugi a pat on the head.  “It’s all right now, Master Yugi.  Dark here just over reacted until I told him something’s up with you—and he freaked and shook you for like twenty times.”   “Sorry, Dark Magician…” Yugi blushed.   Dark Magician smiled.  “It’s all right—let’s get you home…”   Yugi smiled then hugged his companions.  “I’ll not let Seth do it again—don’t worry.” With that Yugi walked off.   Dark Magician and Celtic stared at each other.  “What does that supposed to mean?”   Yugi smiled.  They don’t have to bear more guilt and pain on their backs—Yami and the others don’t deserve it!   “Uh Master Yugi, the house is that way.”   “Oh, yeah sorry!”   Yugi and his companions laughed as they walked off hand in hand along the sunset.       Each of us holds the key —to the Power of One.             A/N: I’m done, I’m done! Anyway, see you at the next chapter and toddles everyone! *tosses bag of Lays chips in the trash can* Love you lots, and take care! :D       -DS the Great (?!)           Chapter 9— One True Friendship (RYOU-CENTERED!)  Ryou falls down straight at the village where his monsters are staying! But while getting in a riot at the Market Square, who came to rescue him but the Change of Heart, his favorite Card! After Ryou explains his case, the lone Magic Card makes sure Ryou will feel welcome at her house.  But when Ryou realizes that his own monsters except the Change of Heart don’t take Ryou’s visit too nicely, can he protect his only friend from their plots—not to mention from Sehkmeth’s wrath?   Day 10— Welcome, Unwelcome One!   “So I’m in your house right now, Change—uh which Change are you?” “I’m Change.” The harsher one said. “And that blonde over there is my younger twin sister, Heart.” “Great, where's ‘Of’?” Ryou joked. “Dunno.” Change shrugged.  “Anyway, welcome to our home.  It might be small but it’s perfect!  You’ll find everything you need here.”
”Yap, and we’ll make sure your stay here will be a blast!” Heart added. “Right you are, sister!” “Uh thanks!” Ryou smiled. Unfortunately, the other monsters around here don’t seem to like me…judging by their looks earlier.     Day 10.2— In the Eyes of the Cat     Suspense!