Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Beginnings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello! I'm back!

Pretty please enjoy Chap. 1 of my fic. Hope you understand my prologue. If there are any other questions or corrections for my ficcie, please review or send to my e-mail which will be typed below.

Important things to note:

~*~- Visions/ Flashbacks

/quote/- Hikari to Yami

//quote//- Yami to Hikari

/quote/- Egyptian God talking

You Are Not Alone…

Dark Strider

PG-13

*Talismans Again…*

Friday…

It was a normal day, a normal Friday. A day that almost all students are looking forward to. And one of those students is 14-year old Yugi Mouto. No, it's not that he wanted to end his *painful* school week. It's because…

"Yug, I know you're excited about the trip, but don't go beyond your limits." Said his 14-year old best friend Jounouchi Katsuya.

"Jou, I'm not that excited. But I've heard the resort is really great and there are also lots of activities around. I can't wait to explore the huge cave near the resort, and also the grotto." Yugi informed his friend.

"I can't blame you, Yugi because I'm just as excited as you are. But that's not an excuse to not eating your lunch! You'll need your strength!" His brunette childhood friend Anzu Mazaki scolded.

"I never mentioned I'm going to skip lunch." Yugi frowned mockingly at Anzu.

"Yeah, but what you're doing says you will." Jounouchi remarked.

"Geez, Jou, stop your nonsense and finish your lunch too!" Honda Hiroto rolled his eyes at his friend.

"Whatever!" Jounouchi finished up his sandwich.

"Those guys never get tired of snapping at each other, do they?" Asked the silver haired Ryou.

"Haven't you noticed that before?" Anzu groaned at the two boys' childish behavior.

"HEY, I T'S HIS FAULT!" Honda and Jounouchi pointed at each other that made Anzu frown, Yugi laugh and Ryou to simply stare.

After lunch, the group headed back to their classrooms. Yugi, Jounouchi and Ryou headed to their classroom, while Anzu and Honda went to theirs.

Now what makes Yugi and Ryou different from the others was that they own precious rare yet magical objects: Yugi had the Millenium Puzzle while Ryou bore the ring. Each item has an ancient Egyptian spirit dwelling inside them. But the two spirits are different.

The dweller of the Yugi's Millenium Puzzle, Yami Yugi or as simply called Yami, was an ancient Pharaoh. He stood taller than his Hikari and is a lot stronger , yet the two are close and most of the time it is Yami who bails Yugi out of hard cases. In Ryou's case, Yami Bakura, who resides within the Millenium Ring, is a tomb robber and is what Yami usually calls the "demon himself". Bakura is the opposite of his sweet Hikari , and his sly attitude doesn't mix well with the other spirit, and the fights between Yami and Bakura are…uhm not so good to talk about. ^_^

Hours passed…

"That's it, one more subject and we're outta here!" Jounouchi cheered.

"We've got a quiz at History today, have you studied yet?" Yugi turned to the blonde.

"Let me bet that he didn't even crack the book open." Ryou said.

"You're becoming like Honda!" Jounouchi jumped from his seat.

"Is that true?" Yugi eyed him.

"Typical me." Jounouchi groaned in defeat as he sat back down.

"Knew it." Ryou and Yugi chorused. Jounouchi simply growled.

"You don't actually care about failing do you?" Yugi asked.

"But duh, History is the easiest trip for me to TOTAL boredom! I can't even spend a minute awake!" Jounouchi said.

"It can't be that bad." Ryou said. "You're not just studying hard enough."

"You're probably not even studying." Yugi said.

"Guys…" Jounouchi was about to say more when the teacher arrived.

"It's time for the quiz. Bring out your ballpens and start answering the papers." The teacher brought out stack of papers.

"She calls that a quiz?!" Jounouchi gasped. "Oh man I'm gonna fail this."
"Typical you." Yugi and Ryou laughed.

"HEY!" Jounouchi glared at them.

"You're given thirty minutes to answer! Start now! No cheating, and no noise will come out from ANY of you!" The teacher simply distributed the papers and sat down her desk.

Yugi wrote down on the last page of his test paper and finally placed the ballpen down. He spent a good twenty five minutes on the test and it was based on their last two homeworks.

Good, now I can have some rest. Yugi thought as yawned tiredly.

Then accidentally, the ballpen rolled down from its original place at the table and dropped to the floor.

"Argh." Yugi groaned, picking it up.

But as soon as he touched the ballpen, his surroundings became black.

~*~

"Huh?" Yugi looked around him. He was still on his desk, but the desk wasn't still in his classroom.

Yugi was about to say something when some talking made him stop.

/Is it time already?/

/Yes, I'm certain./

/Are the planets all aligned?/

/Yes, everything is according to planned./

/Good. Let's go to the Land of the Rising Sun then. The last two Talismans are there and we must find them. That wretched Sun God hid them from me again./

Sun God? Land of the Rising Sun?! Yugi thought, bewirled at what he was hearing.

/Drat, with the Talismans gone, we can't fulfill our plans. Curse him!/

/Don't worry, for the Land is small. WE will find them!/

/And we must make sure, for it is rare that such an opportunity came to us!/

Then suddenly the scene changed and there was a small cave in view with a golden light shining.

"But what-?" Yugi gasped as the light shot towards him.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" Yugi shouted.

~*~

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Yugi toppled from his seat. "Ouch."

"Yugi? What's with the fall?" Jounouchi raised an eyebrow.

"Yugi?" Ryou called.

"Ow…" Yugi groaned in pain.

"Mr. Mouto, is everything all right?" The teacher's eyes fell suspiciously on Yugi.

"Eh? Uhm nothing sensei." Yugi turned red. Then the bell rang. Everyone passed their papers and left the room.

Jounouchi shouted "Freedom at last!"

"Jou!" Honda groaned. Anzu decided that it was best to look away.

Ryou sighed while Yugi kept his eyes on the road while musing.

What was that about? Talismans? Sun God? Planet alignments? Japan? What the heck-

//Yugi?//

/Huh? Oh, hi Yami. Sorry about what happened.../ Yugi sighed at his Yami.

//That incident won't just simply happen, are you OK?//

/Erm, actually when I tried to pick up the ballpen, I zoned off and I heard two people talking about something then I saw this cave with a bright light, and then the light hit me. Dunno why./

//That's all?//

/Yeah. I know it's stupid. Maybe it's because of my imagination…/

//Since when can you come up something as good as that?//

/YAMI!/

//Sorry. I'm just joking.//

/OK, I'm just imagining the whole thing. Nothing important to note. Bye Yami./

Imagination?That is way impossible. Yami mused to himself when he was sure that his hikari was out of the connection.

Saturday, 8:30 AM

"Welcome to Aoi Sora Resort!"

Yugi stretched his arms to the sky as the group arrived at the resort.

Anzu was talking to the clerk nearby. Jou and Honda were again bickering, Ryou ignored the pair and focused on reading. Yami sat down quietly and watched the bickering duo.

"Funny." Yugi remarked to himself.

Ryou tried hard to reason out with Bakura to join the group.

/Come on Yami, why don't you spend some time out here?/

//No way, I'm not standing on the same ground that Pharaoh is on!//

/Bakura, will you just forget about Yami for a second and have some fun? It won't be that bad!/

//NO!//

/Bakura, I won't stop till I convince you./

//NO!//

/Please…/

//Leave me alone!//

/Bakura, just this once and I promise I'll never bother you again!/

Bakura sighed in defeat and annoyance. /Fine you stupid aibou!/ And with that Bakura came out of the ring.

"YIIII!!!!" Honda and Jou stopped fighting. Yami stared coldly at Bakura.

"What now, Pharaoh?" Bakura glared.

"Bakura, just sit down!" Ryou pleaded.

"Whatever." Bakura sat beside Ryou on the couch. Then came Anzu. "Guys, I've arranged for our rooms. Here are the keys for rooms…Oh Bakura, didn't expect you to come out, but I only asked for six rooms so…"

"I'll be sleeping at Ryou's room. The floor will be fine." Bakura said.

"Ok. So the rooms are 506-512. Let's see them." Anzu carried her sports bag to the elevator. The rest followed.

After eating their lunch, everyone went in separate ways to have some fun.

Anzu wanted to go swimming, Jou and Honda preffered biking, Yami and Bakura simply wanted to sleep in their hotel rooms, and finally Yugi and Ryou were left to explore the caves.

"How far is this?" Ryou stepped on the rock bed of the cave.

"I dunno. I've never been here." Yugi balanced himself as he stepped on the rock.

"Oh yeah." Ryou sighed.

"I think I see light shooting through there!" Yugi went straight up the trail and found what looked like a small temple.

"Fascinating." Ryou smiled as he examined the small altar's features. Then Yugi noticed a rock sticking out of the cave wall.

"Hey, what's that?" Yugi asked as he slowly pulled the block out with little difficulty.

"Let me see…Hey there's something behind the block." Ryou pointed.

"A box?" Yugi took out an old-looking box lined with gold, then a vision shook him…

~*~

A pendant that had the shape of the sun with seven points was in the hand of a shadowy figure. He pressed the pendant against the lock on the box.

The lock had the same shape of the pendant, and around it were eight figures of gods: Ra, Osiris, Isis, Bast, Anubis, Nephystis, Ptah and Horus.

Now, when the sun pendant was inserted, the figure spun it around. The center most point with a hand symbol etched on it was pointed at the figure of Ra first, then Osiris, then Horus, Isis, Anubis, Nephystis, Bast and finally Ptah.

The box opened and then the figure placed a small brown bag inside.

Then he closed the lid and spun the pendant-key again, pointing at the figures this time in reverse order.

Then the box was locked.

~*~

"Wah…" Yugi opened his violet eyes. "What was that I saw?"

"Hey, Yugi-kun, look at this pendant. It has the shape of the sun!" Ryou held a small sun-shaped pendant. "I found it there in the grotto shining so brightly at me that I can't avoid it. As if it's calling me, funny isn't it?"

That pendant! Just like my vision! What if…? Yugi's mind gasped. "Give it to me, Ryou-chan!"

"Ok…" Ryou handed the pendant and looked curiously at Yugi's actions.

Then Yugi fitted the pendant to the lock of the box; then slowly turned the central point to the figures in order.

Ra…

Osiris…

Horus…

Isis

Anubis…

Yugi's hands began to sweat. Was he imagining the whole thing? Or was it real? Shakily, he cranked the pendant's central point…

Nephystis

Bast

One more turn, Yugi! Yugi commanded himself. Then you'll find out whether what you've seen is real of not!

…And Ptah…

Then the cave shook with golden light.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" Yugi and Ryou gasped, the light blinded them.

Then the light slowly faded and the box was opened.

"Yugi!" Ryou gasped.

"I'm OK…" Yugi gasped at what he saw.

Just like in the vision, there was a brown bag inside.

"What's going on, Yugi?" Ryou asked. "How did you do that- whatever it is?"

"I've seen it from a vision…" Yugi swallowed. "I don't understand though."

Ryou took the bag and opened it. From the bag fell two objects.

The first was a pendant that was a green diamond shaped with what looked like a Mummy as its center symbol. The second one had the same shape but it was colored silver, with a tornado on its surface.

"Weird!" Yugi and Ryou said at the same time.

Then suddenly the green pendant glowed and so did the silver.

"W-what's happening now?!" Ryou looked like he was ready to break down in fear.

"Uh?" Yugi stared as the silver pendant disappeared into the Millennium Puzzle while the green one went into the Ryou's Ring.

"What the heck?" Ryou blinked and gazed at his ring. It looked normal.

"I don't understand." Yugi whispered as he touched the box's lock, then a voice quaked the cave…

/Fear the one, the betrayer of Egypt…/

"Ha?!" Yugi and Ryou looked around.

/The Talismans have called upon you, they have chosen you. Don't fail them./

"Talismans?" Yugi remembered his vision before.

/Don't fail them, don't let the Betrayer reach them, don't fail the Court of the Nile…/ The voice started to

fade.

"Wait, don't go!"

/Don't trust anyone, don't tell anyone…especially not the Darkness...even if it is the Darkness of your souls…/

The voice vanished.

"This is officially freaky!!!" Ryou turned pale.

"Don't worry Ryou, we'll figure this out." Yugi comforted his friend. "I'm freaked out too. He said that 'Don't trust the Darkness.' I don't get anything either…"

//YUGI!!!//

/EEEK!!!! Sorry, Yami./

//It's 4:30 and you and Ryou are still out there!//

/Eh? That late?!/

/Come back here already so that we'll stop worrying about you./

/OK, sorry Yami./

/Just get back here OK?/

/Sure. See ya!/

//RYOU WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!//

/Yami?/

//Thank goodness you've responded! I've been looking for you for ages. Where are you?//

/I'm here with Yugi, we're coming back now. Sorry./

//Well get your ass back here before I strangle you!//

/How can you strangle me when you don't even know where I am?/

//Erm…OK when you get back here! //

/Great then I'll never come back!/

//Hey, don't say that, stop making me go crazier because of finding you!!!//

/Yami, we're you worried?!/

//ME?! WORRIED?! Go to hell! I'm going crazy because you…argh! Just get you ass back here.//

/Fine, and Bakura?/

//What?!//

/Thanks./

//For what?//

/Nothing…just Thanks…/ Ryou cut the link, smiling. Was he really worried about him? Yami Bakura actually cared about his Hikari?

"RYOU!"

"Uh, Yugi? Fine I'm going!" Ryou followed Yugi out of the cave.

"Do you think we have to tell this to the others?" Ryou asked when he caught up with Yugi.

"I dunno, but something inside of me tells me I shouldn't." Yugi sighed.

"I'm with you…I hope we know what we're doing though…" Ryou and Yugi ran down the trail towards the resort where their Yamis and friends are waiting for them.

Meanwhile…

/Have the Talismans been released?/

/Yes./

/Is everything safe now?/

/I am sure./

/Well, they must stand alone now. Having the Talismans is no mean feat./

/I know that. But Yugioh will surely protect them and the Tomb Robber, well I wish he would…/

/They can't trust anyone, especially not the Yamis. Seth will surely find out and will do all that he can to have them on the palm of his hand, and you know who the Yamis are under before…/

/I understand, but the Hikaris are innocent. They can't understand. They're too weak…/

/Only the power that lies within their can bring out their true magic, just like what they did in the past, Horus./

/Yes, Ra…but at what price? The same price that they had payed before?/

Done again! Hope you enjoyed the ficcie! This is Dark Stirder saying goodbye to all!

Let me tell you first about the Talismans:

Sun Diamond-

God: Ra

Element: Light (Creation/Sun)

Color: Gold

HP: 25

Attack: Golden Ray, Sun Focus

Speical Attack: Sun Spots, Super Nova, Sun Bow *Summon Weapon*

Healing Diamond-

God: Isis

Element: Life

Color: Pink

HP: 20

Attack: N/A

Special Attack: Life Stealer, Healing Ray

Soul Diamond-

God: Anubis

Element: Soul

Color: Blue

HP: 16

Attack: Death Claw, Venom Blast

Special Attack: Anubite *Summon Creature*, Anubite Sweep

Heart Diamond-

God: Bast

Element: Heart

Color: Purple

HP: 15

Attack: N/A

Special Attack: Pure Alliance, Eclipse, Guardian Cats *Summon Creature*

Mind Diamond-

God: Ptah

Element: Mind

Color: Brown

HP: 15

Attack: Barrier

Special Attack: Viper's Nest

Death Diamond

God: Nephystis

Element: Death

Color: Red

HP: 17

Attack: Doom Blast, Death Axe

Special Attack: Raiders *Summon Creature*, Tomb Plunder

Judgment Diamond-

God: Osiris

Element: Earth (Judgement/Underworld)

Color: Green

HP: 21

Attack: Venom Wrap, Green blast

Special Attack: Sand Storm, Mummy *Summon Creature*, Judgment Day

Justice Diamond-

God: Horus

Element: Wind (Vengeance/Justice)

Color: Silver

HP: 24

Attack: Light of Truth, Tornado, Silver Arrow

Special Attack: Staff of Justice *Summon Weapon*, Vengeance Demolition

And let me tell you: BYE BYE! Pls. Review, love ya!

Next Chappie: Seth found out that the Hikaris have the talismans. He's after them and the Hikaris must figure out the power of their Talismans before Seth finds them. Sure, the others will do anything to protect them, but how long will they last against the God? Find out in Chap. 2: Figure it out!

Darkhopemisstress@yahoo.com