Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Can't Have It All ❯ The Void ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Until I seal myself in a Millennium Item and get Kazuki Takahashi to put it on I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh.
This, like all others, was originally entitled something different. This was called 'Life Without Mai'.

The Void
(Life Without Mai)

Life without Mai

I have nothing without her. All the love that I felt grows still, but it cannot be let out now. She is so far away, at her college. And I a duelist. In tournaments.

Life without Mai

I long to see her walking down the road. To come knocking at my door, looking for me. But she is happy without me. If she wasn't she wouldn't have left.

Life without Mai

She had always done everything for herself. She always dueled for herself. She never thought of anyone else. But herself.
Life without Mai

She was a good duelist too. She could have made a living. More than at that school, wherever it is. More than at whatever she is too be.

Life without Mai

I know she told me what she was planning to do. But I had been so sad I had not been listening. And now she's gone from my life. No trace of her since she's left.

Life without Mai

I am tempted to call her on the phone. I wish I did. But I don't. If she wanted to talk to me, she'd call. She knows my number. She'd just pick up the phone and dial.

Life without Mai

But she hasn't, and I don't have the nerve to. So I just go about my duels, traveling a lot, meeting new people. Doing my job, the one I chose and offered to her. But she didn't take it and she left.

Life without Mai is not a life at all, but a void without emotion