Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Can't Have It All ❯ Fate (As We Know It) ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I told you it'd be up soon!! I've found that with all the other fics I'm tryying to write this is the least stressful one. The hardest part is the rhymes with Mai!!
Like all others, this had an original name. This one was The Coincidential Call.
Oh, yeah. I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh but I wish that Kazuki Takahashi was my friend.No, wait...I wish I did!! Yeah, but if Kazuki Takahasi was my friend I could help out then I'd own it...

Fate (As We Know It)
(the Coincidental Call)

Fate as we know it

My hand was on the phone. I was about to pick it up and call Mai. My courage was up to the highest it would get. I knew now was the time to call her.

Fate as we know it

My hand was on the phone. And it rang. It rang. I didn't know what to think. It was probably a telemarketer or someone I did not want to talk to. I was so startled I let it ring. And I did not want to pick it up.

Fate as we know it

The answering machine picked it up. "Joey? Are you there? I know it's been a while. I'm sorry, it was my fault. Well, please call when you get back. You know my number."

Fate as we know it

I looked down at my hand. It was trembling. I was in a state of shock. I didn't know what to do.

Fate as we know it

If I had picked up the phone a second earlier. Just a second. She would have gotten a busy signal, and so would I. One second sooner and we would have missed each other.

Fate as we know it

I played the message a few times. Just to make sure. Just to hear her voice. It was her. It was really her. She had called me. Again, her to me. Not mw to her.

Fate as we know it

My hand still trembled as I picked up the phone. Of course I knew her number. As long as it hadn't changed.

Fate as we know it

I dialed her number and listened to it ring. Once. Twice.

Fate as we know it is an awful thing.