Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Pick! ❯ Yugi Chapter 3 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
3 Yugi : Lunch

When lunch rolls around you are curious to see if Yugi will keep his word. Just as these worlds cross your mind, you feel a tug on your sleeve. You look up to see none other then Yugi staring back at you. “Hey!” He says obviously happy you have shown up for lunch.
“Hey...” You say in your cool voice at least trying a little to be friendly.
You two walk down the stairs and are close to the lunch room doors when you here, “Hey short stuff, what do ‘ya think you is do’n with this pretty lady?”
You turn around to see a large boy with cuts and burses all over his arms and face. “Umm Butch see… we…we were just going to get lunch…so…if you could just let us -”
Yugi was cut off mid sentence by Butch, “No whys would we wanna do that ‘lil Yugi?”

*Teji’s POV*

Well this is clearly Yugi’s bully… I wonder what I should do. I can’t just sit here and watch as he beats him up… but still why do I really care?

*Normal POV*

A sudden shame fills you up *Yugi is my only real friend* you think, *I have to help him!*
“Hey Butch,” you yell “You want a fight, then lets go! Leave Yugi out of this.”
Butch began to laugh, “Do you really you can take me?”
“Are you scared to find out?” You bit back full of venom.
Butch looks you up and down and turns to go, “You were lucky this time Yugi… but you just wait ‘till I catch you alone!”
“Wow thanks Teji! That was really brave of you!” He smiles at you in admiration. You just smile back wondering why he means so much yet so little to you.
You go through the line and get just a bag of chips and a red bull… You aren’t really hungry and even if you were, there’s no way you’d eat this crappy food!
Yugi leads you to a table over filled with people. He takes turns introducing you to them and you find you have seen most of them in your classes already.
One thing did catch your eye though. Sitting across from Yugi was virtually the same person just a little taller and less ‘innocent’.
As if Yugi could read you mind, he explained to you that he was Yami, one of his cousins. You vaguely wonder how on earth two people could look so much a like and not be twins, but you didn’t press the issue.
“So Teji,” A blond boy named Marick asked, “you a red bull fan?”
“Yeah…they get me through the day.” You say almost joking, which is way out of personality.

*TEJI POV*

It’s like when ever I’m with Yugi I have this different personality, it’s crazy! But I know somewhere in side of me I enjoy handing out with him…

*Normal POV*

“Teji?” Yugi asks interrupting you from your thoughts, “I thought maybe you’d like to come over with the gang tonight to my house. It’s kind of a tradition… We’ll probably just sit around and play PS2 or duel.”
You think about the offer a minute and you open your mouth to turn him down, but that’s not what comes out. “Well I have a shoot right after school for a hour but then I’d be happy to come over.”
“Great! This is going to be so much fun!” You smile but have doubts on what he just said.