Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Your last breath ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2 -Telling the truth
 
“Hey Yugi” a small voice said. The once proud pharaoh looked sad.
 
“Everyone misses you so much and we hope you get better. You didn't miss much at school. Everyone's so dull without you. Sometimes Joey tries to make a joke but we can't laugh. Not with you like this.”
 
Yami cast a glance at the mounting gifts of flowers and stuffed toys. It seemed everyday another found its way on the growing pile. “It's been what?” Yami thinks “a month perhaps. I think seto is hiding something. I can see it in the hesitant yet sad glances. Speak of the devil here he comes”
 
Seto cast Yami a half hearted glance. “Seto? Are you okay?” Yami asked concerned.
 
Seto looked hesitant but finally looked up. “I have something to say. Its best if the others are here too.”
 
Yami called up Tea, Joey, Marik, Malik, Ryou and Bakura. (A.N uhh I think that's it) The group was gathered in the small waiting room each in different states of anxiety.
 
Seto walked in and immediately all eyes turned to him. “There's something I didn't tell you. Yugi's cancer is terminal” he barely whispered the last word as if afraid of it.
 
There was a silence. “Are you sure?” asked Ryou in a small sad voice.
 
Seto nodded barely concealed tears in his eyes. “He has a week left.”
 
Tea was the first to react. Her sadness turned into anger. “WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US? YOU SELFISH BASTARD!” she yelled. Her eyes blazed with anger. Seto didn't react. He just stood there and stared at the floor tears falling faster. Joey looked shocked at the news. He couldn't believe that Yugi, his best friend would die in just a week. Marik held his shocked crying hikari as did Bakura. They couldn't blame Seto for not telling them. They could see it was hard enough to tell them. They couldn't even guess how he was feeling. He loved Yugi.
 
Tea fell exhausted from yelling her eyes still ablaze yet her too body exhausted to keep it up.
 
Seto hadn't moved from the spot he was in. Joey put his arm on Seto's shoulder. “Don't take it personally. She's just dealing with it her own way.”
 
For a moment seto stiffened and glared at Joey. Soon his gaze softened and he relaxed into Joeys embrace.
 
One by one they visited Yugi knowing in a week he would be a corpse. Each solemn and sad.