Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, Seth's departure. ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, Seth's departure.
Chapter three.
 
Knowing he couldn't go back to Bakura, Seth decided to try one of his other yami friends; Malik! And maybe while he was there he could catch a glimpse of Isis and Ishizu. After another small walk he arrived at the Ishtar residence, and rang the doorbell. There was a loud crashing noise, and some shouting. Seth wondered vaguely whether this was normal. Suddenly Malik opened the front door.
“Ah! Hi Seth!” he said grinning.
“Yo Malik! Listen, can I crash at your house for a couple of days?” Seth asked.
“Well, you've come at a really bad time. They've just cancelled Marik's favourite soap opera, and now he's throwing a bit of a tantrum. Besides, you know how he feels about you…” Malik said, and there was a ripping noise from the living room, followed by Isis shouting something.
“Aw come on! Just a few days! I'll try to avoid Marik!” Seth pleaded, desperate to get inside now that he had heard that Isis was home.
“I'm sorry Seth, no can do. If I let you in, he might skin you alive.”
“But you are two times his size! You can stop him!”
Malik was about to answer when a shout from the living room stopped him.
“Malik! Who are you talking to?!”
“Uhm… No one Marik! Just the milkman…” Malik responded.
“At two PM?!”
“Yeah… They uhm… had to rearrange the schedule.”
“Oh… I see! Rearrange the schedule eh? Why not just cancel the milkman too eh? Just like my soap opera!” Marik shouted in an insane-ish voice.
“Well, as you can hear, I clearly can't let you in. Did you try Bakura?” Malik asked Seth.
“I did… but Ryou kicked me out because I forgot to use coasters…” the priest muttered.
“Ooof! Always use coasters when visiting Bakura. That's rule number one.”
“No one ever told me that…” Seth said, crossing his arms. Malik laughed loudly. Suddenly, Ishizu appeared in the hallway.
“Malik! Get your butt in here! Marik is planning to banish the TV station to the shadow realm!” she hissed, and Malik shrugged. “Oh, hello Seth.” She added, having noticed the priest.
“Well, hello there!” Seth said in his most charming voice.
“Seth? Did I just hear Seth?!” Marik shouted madly from the living room. Ishizu, Malik and Seth turned pale.
“Run! Run as fast as your little legs can carry you!” Malik whispered, before quickly closing the front door. Seth stood on the front step staring for a moment, but when the TV went flying through the window, and landed in the front yard, the priest quickly took off in a run.
 
Seth didn't stop running until he reached the game shop. He was sure that Yugi and Atem would never turn him down. So he entered and looked around. There was nobody there but Yugi's grandpa.
“Hey uhm… Do you know where the pharaoh is?” he asked.
“You mean Atem? He and Yugi are off to a duelmonsters convention in Mikado city.” Grandpa answered.
“A convention? How long will they be gone?” Seth asked dumbstruck.
“A couple more days.”
“Oh… Hmm… Say, you wouldn't happen to have a spare room for a homeless priest?” Seth asked hopefully.
“No sorry. I don't let strange hobos into my house.”
“I'm not a hobo! Senile old fool!” Seth shouted, and he left the game shop again. Now where was he going to go? Only one person left…
 
“So that's why I came to you. What do you say?” Seth asked ten minutes later.
“Uhm… No Seth, you can't stay with me.” Joey answered.
“Why not?” the priest asked innocently.
“Several reasons actually. One, you are a creep. Two, you have an alcohol problem and three, my dad won't allow it.”
“Aaaaw! Pleaaaase!”
“Oh! Four, we don't have any room.” Joey added.
“That's okay! I'll take the couch!”
“No Seth! Why don't you try Tea's place?” Joey suggested, and a lightning bolt crashed in the background.
“Ew! Never!” Seth shouted.
“Yeah okay, I suppose that would be too horrible.” Joey pondered. “How about Tristan then?”
“Who?”
“Tristan! You know! Brown hair… long coat…”
“You mean Seto?…” Seth asked blankly.
“No! Nevermind!” Joey sighed.
“So I can stay here?”
“Read… my… lips… NO!” Joey shouted.
“And what fine lips they are…” Seth said hungrily, causing Joey to make a `neep!' sound, before quickly slamming the door shut.
“What? Was it something I said?” Seth asked himself.