Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Shadow Games Saga ❯ Duel 1: Take a Chance! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! It belongs to Kazuki Takahashi. Anime rights belong to Toei Animation and TV Tokyo. Dubbing rights belong to 4Kids. So do not sue me, for I am poor. XD

Authors Notes: This story will contain the Japanese names of the characters which are as follows:

Yugi Motou - Yugi Moto

Katsuya Jonouchi - Joey Wheeler

Anzu Mazaki - Teá Gardner

Katsuya Shizuka - Serenity Wheeler

Sugoroku Motou

This story will also be written in style of the first 9 volumes of the manga, which involved Dark (Yami) Yugi killing or confusing his opponents in "Shadow Games". These people had done Yugi and his classmates wrong, so Dark Yugi was basically getting vengeance for them. There was also an anime from Toei animation based on this, but it was never legally released in America. I've only seen clips of the anime, but I've read the first few chapters through "Shonen Jump", the American release of the popular Japanese manga anthology, "Weekly Shonen Jump".

Another thing to note is that in this chapter, no one knows about Dark Yugi yet… This is my take on how they first learn about him!

Now enough of my babbling, let's get on with the story!

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Shadow Games Saga

Duel 1: Take a Chance

"Yugi, wait up!" yelled Jonouchi, who was walking to school with his best friend. Today was the day before the last day of school, and Jonouchi was eager to get it over with. They took a small shortcut, and made it to school on time. They sat in their usual spots, and waited for the teacher. The Assistant Principal walked into the class, and told them they would have a substitute today.

"Students, meet your substitute for today. Mr. Shonoku?"

A man with short, dark hair walked into the class. He had a stern look on his face, and wore thick glasses. His suit was nice and neat. He had a long meter stick in his hand. He glared at the class, studying each of the students. He looked at a short, wimpy looking kid with multicolored hair. Yes, he was going to have fun with this one…

"As you may know, my name is Mr. Shonoku! I demand the utmost respect for me, and I will tolerate no horseplay!" He glared at Jonouchi, who was about to toss a paper airplane at Anzu's head. He pointed his meter stick at Jonouchi.

"You! With the airplane!"

Jonouchi raised an eyebrow and stared at the teacher. "Yeah?" he mused, wondering what the teacher was going to do.

"Get over here!" Shonoku yelled.

Jonouchi got up from his seat, and gave Anzu a menacing look after she stuck her tongue out at him. "So! What's up, Shonoku!" The class laughed, as Shonoku grew red as a beet.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that!" Shonoku screamed.

"Geez", Jonouchi laughed, "Calm down! Take a chill pill!"

"That's it! Now I'll make your punishment more severe!" Shonoku erupted, as he quickly, and without warning, cracked Jonouchi over the face with it.

"Jonouchi!" Yugi screamed, as he watched his friend get smacked in the face again. Anzu and the rest of the class gasped. Jonouchi rubbed his face, and gave Shonoku a death glare.

"You bastard…" he hissed with malice, "I don't care if you are a teacher, you'll pay for doing that to me!!" Jonouchi lunged at the teacher, but Shonoku stepped back and kneed Jonouchi in the face. Jonouchi then recovered, and leaped on top of him. Students began to yell, and cheer for Jonouchi. Just then, the Principal walked in. His eyes widened at the sight before him.

"What's going on here?!" the Principal yelled. Jonouchi leaped off the teacher, and began to tell his story.

"I--" Jonouchi started, but Shonoku interrupted him.

"I was just punishing him for attacking a student, but then he viciously attacked me!"

Jonouchi screamed out. "What?! You dick, you--!!"

The Principal interrupted him. "I've heard enough. Jonouchi, you know the rules… You're expelled."

"Expelled?!"

Yugi spoke up. "But… But…"

Yugi was stopped by the Principal. "Yugi, no buts… There is no attacking teachers…"

As Jonouchi was taken by security, Yugi looked on in anger and despair. "Jonouchi…"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, Yugi and Anzu walked home.

"It's really unfair what happened to Jou… It wasn't his fault!" Yugi declared.

"I know… But what can we do? The Principal doesn't believe us!"

"I know…"

They decided to see how Jonouchi was doing, so they went over to his house. Shizuka answered the door. She looked like she had been crying.

Yugi fidgeted nervously. "Um… Is Jonouchi there?"

Shizuka frowned. "No, he hasn't been here for an hour… I feel so sorry for him… He said it wasn't his fault, and I believe him!"

Suddenly, Yugi's Millennium Puzzle began to glow.

Anzu spoke up. "We really feel bad for him… Don't we Yugi--" Yugi wasn't there. "Yugi?…"

Shizuka frowned again. "Where'd he go?"

Anzu sweat dropped. "I don't know… But I'll find him!" Anzu began to run.

Shizuka stared at Anzu's retreating form. "Odd…"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Shonoku began to start up his car, when he looked in the rear view mirror. It was that Yugi kid… And he had a giant drinking cup…

Dark Yugi grinned sadistically at the ironically sadistic teacher. "You have trespassed in my friend Jonouchi's soul, Shonoku! For that. You must play a game with me!"

Shonoku sneered at Dark Yugi. "You dare show disrespect for me?! I am 'Mr. Shonoku'! Don't forget the 'Mr.'!!!"

Dark Yugi glared. "You poor excuse for a human being… You don't even deserve respect… But… If you win this game… I will acknowledge the 'respect you deserve'…"

"Fine! What is this 'game'?"

"The Block Game!"

"And how do we play this 'game'?"

"The rules are simple… I have here this cup… It has an unknown number of blocks… Blue, red, and yellow… The blue are worth five points, the yellow 10, and the red 50... We each take turns drawing blocks, and whoever has the most points when there are no more wins… Sound simple enough?"

"Feh… I'll win this game easy… Then I'll beat you so hard…"

"Stop stalling… Or are you scared?"

"Me? Scared?"

"Then lets go…"

GAME START!

They each took turns drawing blocks, one at a time. The tension growing each turn… And in the end, Shonoku won over Dark Yugi. He had 10 more points. Shonoku jumped in glee.

"Yes!" Shonoku cheered, dancing. "I won, I won, I wo--" a red block fell out of his sleeve and fell back into the cup. "Oops…"

Dark Yugi smirked. "Well look at this… One more left!" He picked the block up. "A red block. 50 points for me. Looks like I win…"

"No…"

"Mind crush! Truthful Plead!"

"NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…"

And Shonoku's screams echoed through the night...

GAME OVER!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Jonouchi was oddly back in school. The regular teacher was back, and the day was normal… Well, as normal as it can get…

After school, Yugi and Jonouchi were waiting for Anzu. When Yugi asked about how Jonouchi got back in school, he told him that Mr. Shonoku had a strange change of heart… He then began to laugh. "Bwahahahahaha!!! Awwww man… You shoulda seen it Yugi, Shonoku told the whole truth and I was excepted back into school cuz it was 'self-defense'… Although I wish I could have been out longer…"

Yugi pondered to himself a bit. "Hmmm… I wonder what made him change?"

"Yugi! There you are! Where were you yesterday afternoon?" Anzu yelled over to him, running over to Yugi.

Jonouchi grinned. "He probably wanted to get away from you!" He then began laughing again. THWACK! THWACK! "Ow! What'd ya do that for?!"

Anzu put her tap shoes away. "Aw, nothing…" She then turned back to Yugi.

Yugi giggled, then spoke. "Well, I don't know… But I woke up in an alley…"

Jonouchi and Anzu's eyes widened. Jonouchi then glared. "Did you get jumped?! Who was it?!"

"Um, I didn't get jumped…"

"Oh, okay!"

Anzu sighed, and looked at her watch. "Oh! I've got to get to Dancing Class! Seeya guys!"

Yugi and Jonouchi waved goodbye. "Seeya Anzu!"

Anzu ran off in the other direction. Jonouchi looked to Yugi. "Well, I gotta get home! Seeya Yugi!"

Yugi gave Jou a thumbs up. "Seeya Jonouchi!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

When Yugi arrives at Suguroku, his grandfather's shop, he finds a strange invitation… With no address…

To Be Continued…

~~~~~~~~~

And that's it for now! ^_^ Seeya later!