Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Shadow Games Saga ❯ Duel 2: Quarters ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Read the first chapter.

A/N: None today! Except, this game is based on a real game at my school.

Hiroto Honda - Tristan Taylor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Shadow Games Saga

Duel 2: Quarters

It was vacation. The guys were hanging out at an arcade, where Jonouchi was playing a dangerous new game: Quarters. The object is to keep a coin (American quarters work best) spinning, and the one to make it fall/stop spinning, gets flicked HARD in the knuckles by the opponent. It's a very bloody game, but Jonouchi was a pro at it… At least, that's what he thought…

Anzu and Yugi flinched as Jonouchi gave another kid bloody knuckles. Honda simply smirked.

"This is a disgusting game!" Anzu whined.

"I think I'm gonna puke…" Yugi winced.

"Wimps… This is nothing! Jou once played a kid using a half dollar!" Honda boasted.

"Uhhhh… What's a half dollar? And where do we get all these American quarters, anyway?…"

"Aaaand I'll be taking that 100 yen!!" Jonouchi smirked, taking the bill. "There's no one who can beat me!"

"Oh really?" said a voice. "Try me…"

"Uh oh…" Honda panicked. "It's Konoji, the Quarters Champ!"

Konoji walked over to the Air Hockey table, where "Official" Quarters games were held, and brought out a giant coin. "Wanna play me?"

"Whoa!" Jonouchi's eyes went wide. "Where'd you get that old American dollar coin?!"

"My gramps owns a coin shop with every coin in the world…" Konoji smirked. "So, wanna play? Winner gets 2000 yen…"

"Of course! I never back down from a challenge!"

"Jonouchi! It's too dangerous!" Yugi warned.

"Yeah, don't do this! It's just a game!" Anzu yelled.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine! Right, Jou?" Honda said, as he nudged Jonouchi.

"Yeah, piece of cake!" Jonouchi smiled. "Let's go, Konoji!"

"Let's…" Konoji smirked evilly, as he spun the huge coin.

The game went on for a few minutes, but Jonouchi messed up, and the coin flopped into stillness. The crowd that had gathered around gasped.

"Heh… Looks like I win…" Konoji said, as he readied the coin.

"I guess you do…" Jonouchi said, laying his fists on the table.

Now getting hit with a quarter by a decent fighter like Jonouchi, you're gonna get cut up pretty bad… But a huge, muscular guy like Konoji, using an old, humongous dollar coin with the intent of injuring someone, well…

The coin flew at Jonouchi's knuckles, hitting them harshly.

"Ow! Hey, ease up a bit!" Jonouchi yelled, his hand bleeding.

"Heh… Sorry…" Konoji teased.

The game went on, until Konoji flung it at full strength, cracking the bone in Jonouchi's index finger. Jonouchi cried out.

"AAAAAAAAAGGGH!!! Hell, that hurts!!!"

"Jonouchi!!" Yugi cried out for his friend.

"What'd you do that for?!" Anzu screamed.

"You bastard!!" Honda yelled.

"Hey, it's just a game…" Konoji hissed venomously as he walked out of the arcade.

Yugi glared at Konoji's retreating form. "H--he did that on purpose…" he whispered angrily, as the Millennium Puzzle began to glow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That evening, Konoji rode up to his favorite hangout, a sleazy, illegal bar that allowed teens 15 and up in. He went to sit in his "booth", when he saw that "wimpy Yugi kid midget thing" as he called him, sitting in the booth. But there seemed to be something different about Yugi now…

"What the hell are you doing in my seat?!" Konoji said.

"Let's play a game, Konoji! How about a variation of Quarters?" Dark Yugi sneered.

"Interesting… How do we play?" Konoji pondered as he sat on the other side.

"I have here a bag of American quarters from your Grandfather's shop! We will each take turns flicking a quarter near on the edge of the table. The first one to make a quarter fall off loses! And they shall fall for an eternity in the Shadow Realm!"

"Peh! Fine! I'm game!"

GAME START!

The game raged for an hour. The table was covered in quarters. Konoji flicked a quarter a little too hard. It hit another quarter, making it teeter on the edge. Both him and Dark Yugi stared intently at the coin. It then stopped.

"YES!!! WHEW!" Konoji jumped, bumping the table and making the quarter drop.

"Heh, heh, heh… You lose!"

"NO!!!"

"MIND CRUSH!!!"

"AGH!!!" Konoji hit the ground, hallucinating that he was falling… Falling forever into the darkness… "NNNNOOOOOOOO!!! I'M FALLING!!! HELP MEEEEEEEEeeeee…" His screams echoed through the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The very next day…

Jonouchi, with his finger wrapped up, was being ridiculed by Anzu on their way to Yugi's house.

"Now will you listen to me and Yugi?" Anzu taunted.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever…" Jonouchi muttered.

When they reached his house, Yugi was reading a letter.

"Hey Yug, what's that?" Jonouchi asked.

"Oh! Hey guys!" Yugi happily exclaimed. "I got this letter a few days ago… I still can't figure out what it means…"

"Let me see it, Yugi…" Anzu said, as Yugi handed her the letter. She and Jonouchi read it and frowned. It said:

When a man takes something form another, but it was taken from them in the first place, is it considered stealing? I'm returning for what is rightfully mine, Pharaoh…Beware…

To Be Continued…

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's it for now! Sorry it took so long to get this up! Until next time, keeping gaming on!…. Boy, that was corny…