Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, when Seto met Seth. ❯ Chapter one. ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yu-gi-oh, When Seto met Seth.
Chapter one.
 
It all started on a sunny afternoon. Mokuba Kaiba was about to leave for summer camp. His big brother Seto, however, was reluctant to let him go.
"No Mokuba! Stay! You're the only friend I've got! Everyone else hates my guts!" Seto pleaded, hanging from his little brother's leg. It was a strange sight indeed, since Seto was three times Mokuba's size.
"No Seto, let go! I wanna go to summer camp!" Mokuba said, trying to push Seto off.
"What if you get kidnapped again?!" Seto insisted.
"That's the lamest excuse ever. Besides, you can't keep me locked in the house forever." Mokuba said, flicking Seto's nose. Seto winced and let go of his brother's leg.
"Oh, I know what you can do! You can get a yami!" Mokuba said, as Seto got to his feet again.
"I can get a whatnow?" Seto asked.
"A yami! That way you won't be lonely while I'm gone."
"Where am I supposed to get a yami? Fleebay?" Seto asked sarcastically.
"You're the reincarnation of an Egyptian priest right? So if you get a millennium item, maybe you can get him as your yami!" Mokuba explained.
"That's actually not a bad idea. From what I've heard from Atem, and from what I have seen in the memory world, he's a pretty cool guy. He reminds me of me! And when I have a yami, I can finally defeat Yugi's ass in a duel! I'll do it!" Seto said excitedly, and he looked at his little brother. Or rather, the place where his little brother had been. Mokuba had fled the house while Seto was distracted.

"So since Seth was the previous owner of the millennium rod, it technically belongs to me, and I demand that you hand it over." Seto concluded. He was sitting with Marik and Malik in a shabby cafe.
"You do realize that when I give you this millennium rod, my own yami will disappear?" Marik asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Yes. That is why you can have this lovely millennium eye in exchange." Seto said, holding up the item that Bakura had once given him. Marik raised his eyebrow again.
"Fine, you can have the eye and a thousand dollars." Seto sighed.
"It's a deal!" Marik said grinning, and Seto wrote out a cheque.
"Pleasure doing business with you Kaiba!" Malik chuckled, taking the cheque and the eye. Marik handed the millennium rod over to Seto.
"Muahahahah! Now.... How do I use this thing?" Seto asked, staring at the rod. The rod used its one eye to stare back at Seto.
"Huh? How should I know? Malik didn't come from ancient Egypt. He came from my demented and schizophrenic mind." Marik said, clinging to his yami.
"You'd think that for a thousand bucks I'd atleast get a manual..." Seto muttered, leaving the cafe.

"And that's why I need to know how you got your yami." Seto said, as he sat in Ryou's living room.
"I'm sorry Seto, but I can't tell you. A yami is your other half, therefore you must find your own way of getting one." Ryou said, sipping some tea.
"Can't you atleast give me a hint? I'll pay you for it!" Seto urged.
"Sorry Seto... Money can't buy everything you know." Ryou said.
"Yes it can! I'll tell you how to get a yami if you pay me!" Bakura said hungrily.
"Holy crap! Where did you come from?!" Seto shouted, quickly turning around in his seat.
"Well, I was actually sneaking around behind you to steal your wallet... But let's talk business!" Bakura said.
"Very well. Name your price." Seto responded.
"A hundred bucks for a hint." Bakura decided.
"Done!" Seto said, handing Bakura a hundred-dollar bill. Bakura checked if it was real, before turning back to Seto.
"Very well. The hint. Don't worry about it too much. If you are destined to get a yami, he will appear before you." Bakura said, putting his hand on Seto's shoulder. This made Seto wince and Ryou pout.
"Gee, that was really worth the money..." Seto said sarcastically, getting to his feet again.
"Best I can do for you." Bakura said shrugging. "Oh, and if you see Seth, tell him the tombrobber said Hi."

Seto got home and immediately walked up to his room.
'Just great... I paid lots of money for this rod, and it's worthless. How the hell should I know how to summon a yami. Jeez.' Seto thought, placing the rod on his bedside table and lying down.
'Man, a yami would still be cool. Finally being able to kick Yugi's ass, and publicly humiliate him. I would show the world that I am indeed the number one duelist. Damn Yugi, thinks he's so great with his pharaoh yami and his spiky hair...' After a few minutes of contemplating on how much he hated Yugi, Seto grabbed the millennium rod again and twirled it around.
'Work damn you! Work!' he thought, shaking it. Still nothing happened.
'Maybe Marik broke it. He sure didn't keep it in tiptop shape. Look, it's all smudged.' Seto thought, and he rubbed the millennium rod with his jacket. He soon regretted that. The millennium rod's eye started to shine brightly, and suddenly there was a flash of golden light that blinded Seto. He shielded himself with his arm in reflex.
"Well, hello there!" said a voice that Seto recognized as his own. But how could that be? He hadn't even opened his mouth. He slowly lowered the arm that was covering his eyes, to find out that a guy, looking just like him, was sitting on top of him. Though his clothes were different. Very different. He was wearing strange blue and white garments decorated with gold, a white cape, and his hat was anything beside stylish, with a golden python on it. He was also much more tanned than the CEO. Seto's jaw had dropped. The guy just looked at him in amusement.