Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugioh Style ❯ Dueling Cousins ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Characters.
 
Yami Yugi= Yami/Pharaoh/Mou Hitori No Boku/ Atemu
Yugi Motou= Aibou/Yugi
Ryou Bakura ( Hikari)= Ryou/Tenshi
Yami Bakura= Bakura/tombrobber
Malik(Marik) Ishtar= Malik/ Koi
Yami Marik= Marik/tombkeeper
Seto Kaiba= Kaiba/Dragon/ Priest Seto
Jounouchi=Jou/Pup
Ishizu Ishtar=Ishizu
Anzu(Tea)=Anzu

 
//Yami to Hikari//
/Hikari to Yami/
**characters thoughts**

(Authors Notes)

"Hi this is Seto Kaiba and this next fic features my ancient egyptian self and Yugi's other self Pharaoh Atemu in a twist of Kitchen Cousins."
"Apparently I'm an ancient egyptian priest and that Yugi's other self Yami is my younger cousin Pharaoh Atemu."



Set in Ancient Egypt Atemu's POV

"Pharaoh , Priest Seto would like to know if you're ready to head out to the village yet?"
"Tell him that I have one more request to listen to from the villagers, and then I'll head to my chambers to get ready."
"Atemu I really wish that you and Seto would let our builders handle the building of the villages new dueling arena."
"Isis you worry to much I have the protection of the three Egyptian gods, besides I enjoy seeing the surprised look on everyone's faces when they find out that their Pharaoh knows how to build."
"Well I can't help but worry about you Atemu I'll let Seto know you'll be ready once you've completed your duties as Pharaoh.
"Thank you Isis."

(An hour later)

"Oh My Ra I never thought I'd get out of there Seto."
"Pharaoh you're such a winer."
"Hey I should have you whipped for that remark."
"Whatever Atemu now here are the plans for the new dueling arena for the village orphans."
"Wow Seto these look amazing let's head out and start building this right away."
"You don't look to bad yourself with your DiaDhank and tool belt hanging off your Shendyt, Atemu."
"I do look smexy don't I...Seto?"
"Hmpf come on cuz our horses have been readied for us, and the client is waiting for us."


(Inside the village near the orphanage- Seto's POV)

"Mr. Bastet now the owners of the children's orphanage are going to be out for the next three days correct?"
"Yes Priest Seto that's why I decided that now would be the perfect time to get this dueling arena built for our orphans."
"So do the children know that they're getting a dueling arena?"
"Actually no but thanks to Pharaoh Atemu the children all fifteen of them are enjoying a 3 day 2 night camp out with Mahad and Mana."
"Really Atemu how did you trick Mahad into watching fifteen kids all at once?"
"Easy Mana was eager to do it, so naturally Mahad refused to let her do it alone."
"Mr. Bastet Pharaoh Atemu and I will be getting started on this project today, it will be ready when the children come back in 3 days."
"Thank you so much Priest Seto, here are the keys to the orphanage, I'll see you in three days."

( Inside the orphanage- Normal POV)

Seto pulled out his abucus in order to double check the measurements on the plans that he had drew up on papryus.
Meanwhile Atemu was walking around the somewhat eerie quiet building fiddling with the tools hanging from his belt.
After about thirty minutes Seto walked over to Atemu so that he could explain exactly what Atemu needed to do as far as the actual building of the arena.
That was how the cousins worked Priest Seto usually handled all the calculations and interior decorations, while Pharaoh Atemu would swing the hammer around and do all the building of the structures, or so he thought. Seto would sometimes end up tweaking his cousins work as the Pharaoh would get a little carried away in his execution sometimes. Something about knocking things down as a means of stress relief made Atemu a very happy clam.

(Day 2 inside the orphanage-Seto's POV)

"Atemu what do you think of these duel monster statues outlining the dueling arena?"
"They look alright Seto I'm almost done with the dueling platforms."
"Great we should try them out to make sure they're going to be safe for the children, give a holler when your done with the platforms lifting mechanism."
"Pharaoh's don't holler."
"Oh really maybe they yelp instead?"
"Seto please Oh Ra...stop tickling me...your Ph...ar..aoh commands you...ah!"
"Okay I'll stop only because we need to finish up things here, Mr. Bastet said he'd be here tomorrow morning to see the progress."


(Normal POV)

Things had went smoothly along the rest of the day. Atemu had managed to install the platforms lifting mechanism on the first try.
Seto had been able to create images of the duel monsters that were on the duelings tablets. The technology was still in it's early stages but by using either sunlight or moonlight and a combination of water pools and glass slabs that had been created using the desert sand Priest Seto had mimicked actual summoning. The children would surely enjoy playing these duels that Seto was sure of.


(Day 3 the children return-Mr. Bastet- POV)


" I wasn't sure what to expect with this dueling arena that was being built by Priest Seto and Pharaoh Atemu."
"I mean I had seen other items that those two had built but I was still a little skepticle."
"It was about two in the afternoon when I had finally made it to the orphanage to see what had been done."
"Let's just say that I was in for quite a surprise."

"Mr. Bastet what do you think of the childrens new dueling arena?"
"It's unbelievable Priest Seto the children are going to love it."
"We're glad that you approve of our work."
"I'm sorry to say that I was a little skepticle whether this was going to turn out, my Pharaoh."
"That's alright Mr. Bastet I would be skepticle too, I mean it's not everyday you see the ruler of upper and lower Egypt doing commoners work."
"Yeah Atemu has turned some heads during our other assignments."
"Seto I'm still your Pharaoh!"
"Sorry oh great one."

(Several hours later of Mr. Bastet listening to his Pharaoh and High Priest spat)
"Um Pharaoh , Priest Seto the children are arriving, I can see them coming up the walkway"
"I'm going to unlock the front door."


(Day 3 the children return-Normal POV)

Mahad and Mana had just spent the last three days camping with 15 orphan children. The children currently ranged from ages 5-16 years old.
It had been a pretty nice outing, but everyone was glad to finally be home. None of the children had a clue to the surprise in store for them. Including Mr. Bastet's wife Mrs. Bastet.

"Welcome back children, did you enjoy your camp out with Mahad and Mana?"
"Yes Mr. Bastet thank you so much for arranging the camp out."
"Your welcome now all of you come with me."

The children began to whisper among themselves as to why Mr. Bastet was up too. He did have a habit of throwing out surprises for the children.s
Mr. Bastet then asked the children to close their eyes before leading them into what was now their dueling arena.

"Okay you can open your eyes," Mr. Bastet said

"Wow this is amazing can we try it out now," one of the younger boys asked?
"You'll all get a turn," Mr Bastet said.
"Mr. Bastet would it be alright if I try this out first," the sixteen year old said?
"Yes I think you'll be perfect to try this out first, I wonder whose going to be your challenger," Mr. Bastet wondered?


"I volunteer Seto to be his challenger," Atemu said.
"Atemu why don't you challenge him?"
"I volunteered you Seto now listen to the Pharaoh."
"Very well...come on kid lets duel!"

"I happen to be sixteen," the boy yelled.
"Well let's see what your made of," Seto smirked.


The duel went on for hours and it was intense.

"Mr. Bastet what is the teens name," Atemu asked?
"His name is Yugi, Pharaoh and he's 16 years old almost two years younger than you."
"Oh what is his situation does he have a means of income or place to stay, I know that the Palace has quit a few orphans who live and work," Atemu asked?
"Have him come over and see Shimon tomorrow, he'll have him fill out the necessary paperwork to be able to live and work in the Palace.
"What would he be doing Pharaoh?"
"I'm not sure, Isis says that I could use a personal assistant, because I really hate keeping track of paperwork and appointments," Atemu said smiling.
"I'll tell Yugi the plan, by the way you and Priest Seto did an excellent job on the new dueling arena," Mr. Bastet said.
"It was our pleasure, it looks like the duel is about to end," Atemu said pointing to the arena.

Seto looked like he was about to die, never had he been challenged so heavily. Well his cousin Phraraoh Atemu had beat him a couple of times, but Seto was usually the victor. Atemu looked at his cousin and then glanced over at Yugi. Yugi had a huge smile on his face, one that said I've won. Seconds later a blood curdling scream could be heard from Seto as his life points went to zero.

"That was awesome Priest Seto, I really enjoyed the duel," Yugi beamed.
"Uh yeah it was great too," Seto mumbled.

"Seto don't be such a sore loser," Atemu said punching him in the arm.
"Well Pharaoh I think our job is done here, we should get back to the palace," Seto said.

"Mr. Bastet we're glad that you and the children are happy with the work that we've done," Seto said as he gathered up his and Atemu's things.
"Yes thank you for everything," Mr. Bastet waved as Seto and Atemu walked out the door.

"That Yugi kid was something else, I can't believe he beat you Seto," Atemu said laughing.
"Atemu I wouldn't be laughing I have a feeling that he'll beat you one day too."


"Hi this is Jounouchi and Dark Sanctuary hopes you enjoyed this fic featuring my Dragon's past self."
"Please review, Seto and I will be getting a fic sometime soon."







.