Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yuugiou - King of Games ❯ The Pink-Haired Girl ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yuugiou - King of Games
Chapter 7
The Pink-Haired Girl
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Shadow is walking around, his 4 Stars in his pocket, looking for an opponent. Suddenly, he hears a female voice.
 
“Shadow, come this way.”
 
He turns to the direction the voice is coming from.
 
“Shadow, come this way.”
 
“Who are you?” he asked.
 
“Shadow, come this way.”
 
Shadow just shrugged as he went toward the voice. After a while, he came across a duel ring.
 
“Good. You're here.”
 
Shadow looked up to the red player zone and saw a pink-haired girl, about 16 years old.
 
“My name is Vala,” she said, “and I shall be your next opponent. I have 13 Stars, so I wager 2.”
 
“I only have 4, but I'll accept your challenge.”
 
“Then get up on the duel ring and take a look.”
 
Shadow obeyed. When he got up, he saw an extra zone to the left of the field. “This is a Deck Master Ring!” He exclaimed.
 
“Correct. I've already selected mine.” She pointed to the facedown card in her Deck Master Zone.
 
Shadow looked through his deck for a few minutes. “I choose Kaibaman!” he declared.
 
Vala flipped up her Embodiment of Apophis.
 
Embodiment of Apophis - TRAP - Continuous - You can only activate this card during a Main Phase. After activation, this card is treated as a Normal Monster Card (Reptile-Type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 1600/DEF 1800), and is Special Summoned to your Monster Card Zone. (This card is also still treated as a Trap Card.)
 
“Since your Kaibaman has 200 ATK versus my 1600 ATK-point Embodiment of Apophis, you move first,” said Vala.
 
“I know the Deck Master rules, Vala,” retorted Shadow. “I draw.”
 
S-8000 V-8000
 
“I activate my Deck Master now.”
 
“Already?” asked a bewildered Vala.
 
Kaibaman - Deck Master - Pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon 1 “Blue-Eyes White Dragon” from your hand, once per turn.
 
S-7000 V-8000
 
“I summon Blue-Eyes in attack mode (8/3000/2500). Next, my Normal Summon.” Shadow picked a card from his hand. “Lord of Dragons (4/1200/1100), attack mode. I'll set this, ending my turn.” Shadow motioned for Vala to draw. She did.
 
“I set 1 monster in defense and activate my Deck Master.”
 
Embodiment of Apophis - Deck Master - You may pay 800 Life Points to Normal Summon a monster in your Spell/Trap Card Zone, facedown. (This is in addition to your regular Normal Summon.) You may activate it like a Trap card. Tributes are requires for Level 5 or higher monsters.
 
S-7000 V-7200
 
“I set this monster in my Spell and Trap Card Zone, then I play Spell Sanctuary.”
 
Spell Sanctuary - SPELL - Continuous - Both players add 1 Spell card from his/her deck to his/her hand. Both players may activate their facedown Spell Cards during their opponent's turn at any time they could use Trap Cards.
 
Vala smiled as she added Hand Equalizer* to her hand.
 
Hand Equalizer - SPELL - Activate this card only when you have no cards in your hand. Draw until you have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent has. You take 500 damage for each card drawn in this way.
 
Shadow simply stated his card, “Mass Power*.”
 
Mass Power - SPELL - Double all of your monsters' ATK until the end of turn. Only 1 monster you control can attack this turn. At the end of the turn, you lose Life Points equal to the total ATK increase.
 
 
“Okay then, I draw,” began Shadow. “I activate my Deck Master once again to summon another Blue-Eyes (8/3000/2500).”
 
S-6000 V-7200
 
“Now, Blue-Eyes #1, attack her monster!”
 
“Marshmallon (3/300/500)! This deals 1000 damage to your Life Points.”
 
S-5000 V-7200
 
“No big deal,” said Shadow, smugly. “I switch my Lord of Dragons to defense mode and set two cards. Go.”
 
“I'll draw my card,” said Vala. “I flip up my facedown monster and summon it: Obnoxious Celtic Guard (4/1400/1200). Then I activate a Trap: Zoma the Spirit.”
 
Zoma the Spirit - TRAP - Continuous - After activation, Special Summon this card in Defense Position; it is treated as an Effect Monster Card (Zombie-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 1800/DEF 500). If this card is destroyed by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the monster that destroyed it. (This card is still treated as a Trap Card.)
 
“Now I sacrifice my three monsters for The Wicked Dreadroot!”
 
The Wicked Dreadroot - DARK - Level 10 - Fiend/Effect - This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 3 monsters. Halve the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field except this card. - 4000/4000
 
Blue-Eyes White Dragon: 8/1500/1250
Blue-Eyes White Dragon: 8/1500/1250
Lord of Dragons: 4/600/550
 
“Dreadroot, attack a Blue-Eyes!”
 
“Go, facedown! Polymerization!” declared Shadow, utilizing Vala's Spell Sanctuary. “I fuse my two Blue-Eyes with The Light Hex-Sealed Fusion…”
 
The Light Hex-Sealed Fusion - LIGHT - Level 4 - Rock/Effect - You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion-Material Monster. When you do this, the other Fusion-Material Monster(s) must be the correct one(s). Tribute Fusion-Material Monsters on the field, including this card, to Special Summon 1 LIGHT Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck. -1000/1600
 
“…to Fusion Summon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (12/4500/3800 --> 12/2250/1900) in attack mode.”
 
Vala was shocked at what seemed like a lousy move. “I expected more from you. Attack the Ultimate Dragon!”
 
Shadow flipped up a card...
 
S-5000 V-6700
 
...and Dreadroot was destroyed.
 
“What happened?” screamed Vala.
 
“I flipped up the Mass Power I searched for earlier and it powered up my Ultimate Dragon. This doubled my monster's ATK to 4500. After that my Dragon counterattacked and destroyed it,” explained Shadow. “Of course with your monster leaving play, their scores are reset.”
 
Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon: 12/4500/3800
Lord of Dragons: 4/1200/1100
 
Vala set her last two cards in her Spell/Trap Card Zone and ended her turn.
 
S-2150 V-5900
 
Her card is a monster, thought Shadow, I'd better be careful. He drew, and was now holding 2 cards again, but Vala activated a card.
 
“Let's go Hand Equalizer,” she declared. “I draw 3 cards and take 1500 damage,” said Vala.
 
S-2150 V-4400
 
“Big deal,” taunted Shadow. “I'll play Shimmering Dragon (4/1250/1450 --> 4/1650/1450).”
 
Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon: 12/4900/3800
 
“Shimmering Dragon, attack her!”
 
“Go, Spirit Reaper!” declared Vala.
 
Spirit Reaper - DARK - Level 3 - Zombie/Effect - This monster is not destroyed as a result of battle at any time, although damage calculation is applied normally. When this card is specifically designated as a target of the effect of a Magic, Trap, or Effect Monster Card, this card is immediately destroyed. When this card attacks your opponent's Life Points directly, 1 card is randomly selected from your opponent's hand and discarded to the Graveyard. - 300/200
 
“And I'll throw it in defense mode.”
 
“Replay trigger. Won't bother attacking. Go,” finished Shadow.
 
Vala drew her card. “I set a card, then set a monster. Go.”
 
Shadow drew his card. “I sacrifice my Lord of Dragons for Cyber Dragon (5/2100/1600). Then I equip my Ultimate Dragon with Big Bang Shot, raising its ATK to 5300. Attack Spirit Reaper!”
 
But Vala was ready. “Draining Shield.”
 
Draining Shield - TRAP - Negate the attack of 1 of your opponent's monsters and increase your Life Points by an amount equal to the attacking monster's ATK.
 
S-2150 V-9700
 
“Fine then,” said Shadow, “I'll just attack your defense monster with Cyber Dragon.”
 
“You attacked my Blast Sphere,” smirked Vala.
 
Blast Sphere - FIRE - Level 4 - Machine/Effect - If your opponent's monster attacks this face-down Defense Position card, this card becomes an Equip Card equipped to the attacking monster, without applying damage calculation. Destroy the equipped monster and this card during the Standby Phase of your opponent's next turn, and inflict damage to your opponent equial to the equipped monster's ATK. - 1400/1400
 
She moved Blast Sphere to her Spell/Trap Zone and equipped it to Cyber Dragon. “As soon as your next Standby Phase gets here, you're out 1 monster and 2100 Life Points.”
 
“I can handle it,” responded Shadow. Although, with only 50 Life Points to her 9700, it would be a challenge, he added silently. “I set my final card and end my turn.”
 
Vala drew her hand to 3 and smiled. “I summon Reflect Bounder in attack mode!”
 
Reflect Bounder - LIGHT - Level 4 - Machine/Effect - When this face-up Attack Position card is attacked by a monster on your opponent's side of the field, before damage calculation is resolved in the Damage Step, this card inflicts damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the ATK of the attacking monster. Then, after damage calculation is resolved, this card is destroyed. - 1700/1000
 
“So it's simple: You attack, you lose. Go.” Vala had a big grin on her face between turns.
 
Shadow drew his card. “It's my Standby Phase, so Blast Sphere activates, destroying my Cyber Dragon.”
 
S-50 V-9700
 
“Now for my Main Phase. But first, why didn't you attack my Shimmering Dragon?”
 
“What!?!” exclaimed Vala. Doing the math in her head, she realized she could have won already by attacking Shimmering Dragon.
 
Reflect Bounder: 1700 ATK
Shimmering Dragon: 1650 ATK
Difference: 50
Opponent's LP: 0
 
“A small oversight. It happens to everyone at some point,” she stated.
 
“I'll agree with that,” said Shadow, with a chuckle. “But you also forgot one more thing: I can attack Spirit Reaper with my Ultimate Dragon.”
 
“Whoops,” she responded.
 
“Ultimate Dragon, attack Spirit Reaper!”
 
S-50 V-4600
 
“I switch my Shimmering Dragon into defense mode and end my turn.”
 
“I draw then,” said Vala, “and I play Giant Trunade.”
 
Giant Trunade - SPELL - Return all Magic and Trap Cards on the field to the respective owner's hands.
 
“I activate a Trap Card: Waboku!” Shadow declared.
 
Waboku - TRAP - Your monsters cannot be destroyed in battle and any battle damage you take is reduced to 0, for this turn only.
 
“Doesn't matter for your Dragon, Shadow,” taunted Vala.
 
“I know, since Big Bang Shot leaves play without my Ultimate Dragon, it's returned to my Fusion Deck.”
 
After this, Shadow reyurned his Big Bang Shot to his hand and Vala returned Spell Sanctuary to hers.
 
“I replay my Spell Sanctuary, so get a Spell from your deck. I choose Lightning Vortex.”
 
Lightning Vortex - SPELL - Discard 1 card from your hand. Destroy all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field.
 
Shadow searched his deck. “Human Transformation,” he said, showing it to Vala.
 
Vala was ready now. “I discard a card to use Lightning Vortex to destroy your monster. Since I can't deal you damage, I'll end my turn.”
 
Shadow drew his card and smiled. “I play White Dragon Ritual. I sacrifice Kaiser Sea Horse from my hand to summon Paladin of White Dragon (4/1900/1200). Next, I sacrifice my Paladin to summon my last Blue-Eyes White Dragon (8/3000/2500) from my deck. Then I play Human Transformation to sacrifice it and discard my last card, Big Bang Shot, to Summon Kisara, the Blue-Eyed Spirit (8/3000/2500), who will destroy your two monsters!”
 
“Wow, that was some play,” said an astonished Vala.
 
“Now Kisara, direct attack!”

S-50 V-1600
 
Kisara flapped her dragon wings and went back to stand in front of Shadow, like she was guarding him.
 
“I have no cards left in my hand, so I end my turn.
 
Vala was still in shock at Shadow's miraculous play. “Ummm... okay then, I draw.” She drew and regained her composure.
 
“You okay?” asked Shadow.
 
“Yeah, just still in shock.”
 
“Understandable. Most people don't pull of 5-card plays that often,” sympathized Shadow.
 
“You're telling me. Anyway, I'll just set this monster and end my turn.”
 
“Then I'll go,” began Shadow. “We're done here. I play Point-for-Point Revival*.”
 
Point-for-Point Revival - SPELL - Equip - Choose 1 monster you control. Special Summon a monster from your graveyard with an ATK equal to that card and equip it with this card. If that monster is level 5 or higher, it cannot attack directly this turn. When this card leaves play, remove both monsters from play.
 
“Kisara has 3000 ATK, so I can revive a monster with 3000 ATK. I choose: Blue-Eyes White Dragon (8/3000/2500).”
 
“Good game,” said Vala, defeated, “just finish me off.”
 
Shadow nodded. “Blue-Eyes White Dragon, attack her monster.”
 
“Another Blast Sphere. Doesn't matter, though,” drudged Vala.
 
“Kisara, direct attack!”
 
S-50 V-0
 
“Okay, I would like your Spell Sanctuary card, Vala.”
 
Vala handed it to him and perked up a little. “Hey, you mind if I pal around with you?” she asked, “I'd like to double duel with you.”
 
Shadow smiled and said, “Sure, why not.”
 
“Yay!” exclaimed Vala as the two went off together.