Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yuugiou - King of Games ❯ The Power of a God ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yuugiou - King of Games
Chapter 8
The Power of a God
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Karen is walking around town, and suddenly a thunderstorm appeared out of nowhere. Only there was no rain, just lightning. She decided to go over and take a look, but by the time she got there, it was over. She looked directly under where the storm was and found a recently finished duel.
 
“I have won, give me your card and 4 Stars,” said the apparent victor with a thick German accent. After he received said items, he issued a challenge, “Does anyone dare challenge me. I have 11 Stars, I shall duel for 4.”
 
Everyone around looked too sacred to move, so Karen went up and accepted his challenge. “I'll duel you,” she said. This started murmurs in the crowd.
 
“Are you sure?” he asked.
 
Karen set up her duel disk. “Who are you?”
 
“My name is Ulrich, and I shall be victorious.”
 
“You think you're so tough, why don't I go first?” Karen countered.
 
“Very well then. Duel on!”
 
K-8000 U-8000
 
“I begin with Gene-Warped Warwolf (4/2000/100) and set a card. Go,” she said.
 
Ulrich drew. “I play Stray Lambs.”
 
Stray Lambs - SPELL - When you activate this card, you cannot Normal Summon, Flip Summon or Special Summon during this turn. Special Summon 2 "Lamb Tokens" (Beast-Type/EARTH/1 Star/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position on your side of the field.
 
“I also set 1 monster and 1 facedown card. Go.”
 
“I summon Obnoxious Celtic Guard (4/1400/1200). Attack a Lamb Token!” Karen's Elf was ready to slice that lamb token when Ulrich flipped up Waboku.”
 
“Dang it,” said a frustrated Karen. “Just Go.”
 
Ulrich drew his card and it started to storm. “I sacrifice my three monsters to Special Summon a very powerful monster. This card cannot be defeated!”
 
“Just play it, drama queen,” demanded Karen.
 
“Fine: Saint Dragon Osiris!”
 
<A/N:> Saint Dragon Osiris is the Japanese name of Slifer the Sky Dragon, for those that don't know. I just prefer the Japanese name.
 
Osiris: 10/3000/3000
 
“I thought that card was just a myth!” exclaimed Karen.
 
“The story is rather interesting. One day, I was lying in bed, when something crashed through my window. When I looked at what was there, I found this Egyptian God Card. I contacted Konami and they assured me that this card is indeed real, and is the only copy of the card that will show up on duel disks.”
 
“That wasn't a very long story.”
 
“I said `interesting', not `long,'” countered Ulrich. “Now, Osiris, destroy Gene-Warped Warwolf!”
 
“Go, Mirror Force,” said Karen. But Osiris's attack just went right through it and annihilated her Beast-Warrior.
 
K-7000 U-8000
 
“What happened?”
 
“Surely you know you cannot destroy Osiris with Traps.”
 
“Actually, Shadow's the one that knows the God Cards inside and out,” Karen admitted pathetically.
 
“Your move, Karen.”
 
“Fine, I draw.” She picked up her card and then, “I set 1 monster in defense mode...”
 
“Osiris, attack,” interrupted Ulrich.
 
“What?!?”
 
Osiris's top mouth opened up and blasted a 2000-point attack at he facedown monster, revealing it to be Warrior Dai Grepher (4/1700/1600 --> 4/1700/0) and destroyed it.
 
“Osiris can attack on my turn?” asked Karen, confused.
 
“When a monster is summoned to or set on your field, Osiris attacks it with a power of 2000, dealing damage to its ATK if it's in attack mode, or its DEF if its in defense mode. A monster with 2000 ATK or less in attack mode will be destroyed with any extra damage going to you, and a monster with 1999 DEF or less, if its in defense mode will be destroyed. Otherwise, its ATK or DEF will be reduced by 2000,” explained Ulrich.
 
“Fine, then. I switch my Obnoxious Celtic Guard to defense mode and end my turn,” said Karen in an annoyed voice.
 
“I draw my card.”
 
Osiris: 10/4000/4000
 
“Wait, I thought Osiris's ATK was 3000,” Karen spoke.
 
“Osiris's original ATK and DEF are equal to the number of cards in my hand times 1000,” explained Ulrich. “Okay. Even an Egyptian God Card's attacks are just regular attacks, so attacking your elf with my Divine-Beast is will be useless. I set a card and end my turn, so Osiris has 3000 ATK now.”
 
Karen drew, then smiled. “I remove from play Dai Grepher and my Warwolf to summon in defense mode, normally, Alisen, Princess of the Land (8/2200/2200 --> 8/2200/200), so I pay 800 Life Points to draw a card.”
 
K-6200 U-8000
 
“Next, I play Earthly Impact. I discard Buster Blader to reduce the ATK of Osiris by 2600.”
 
Osiris: 10/400/3000
 
“Now I switch my Obnoxious Celtic Guard to attack mode and attack Osiris!”
 
Ulrich smirked. “I activate Astral Barrier! This allows me to take your attack directly. Sorry, but Osiris is sticking around.”
 
K-6200 U-6600
 
“Oh, and by the way, God Cards can only have their power reduced for 1 turn, even with Trap Cards. So once you end your turn, Osiris will be back at full power,” continued Ulrich.
 
Karen started to worry. How am I going to beat him? she thought to herself. “I end my turn,” she said, motioning for Ulrich to go.
 
Ulrich drew his card bringing Osiris's ATK and DEF to 4000. “Osiris, attack Obnoxious Celtic Guard!”
 
K-3800 U-6600
 
“Your move.”
 
Karen thought to herself. Next turn, Osiris will have 5000 ATK. I can't beat that. She drew her card. “I pay 800 Life Points to draw again.”
 
K-3000 U-6600
 
Karen smiled. “I sacrifice my Celtic Guard to summon Magnetic Soldier (5/2200/600 --> 5/200/600). Next, I switch Alisen into attack mode, then I discard Level Conversion Lab to destroy Osiris.”
 
At that, Magnetic Soldier launched a Gigagauss bomb at Osiris, and Osiris disappeared.
 
“Since I discarded a Trap, my Soldier can attack this turn, too. Direct attack!
 
K-3000 U-6400
 
“Alisen, direct attack.”
 
K-3000 U-4200
 
“I set 1 card and end my turn,” finished Karen.
 
At this, Osiris returned as suddenly as he appeared.
 
“Okay, what happened this time?” queried Karen.
 
“Osiris is only affected by a monster effect, or Spell Card for that matter, for only 1 turn. So, he comes back, and I draw to raise its power,” explained Ulrich. “With Osiris at 5000 ATK, this duel is over. Attack her Magnetic Soldier!”
 
“Go, Staunch Defender!” declared Karen, “Now, the only monster you can attack is Alisen.”
 
“Traps are useless!”
 
But Osiris had other plans, as he switched targets to Alisen.
 
“What?!?”
 
K-200 U-4200
 
“Just as I thought,” smirked Karen, “This card doesn't affect Osiris, it affects my monsters. Ergo, it overrides Osiris's no-Trap policy. I guess you didn't know your monster as much as you thought.”
 
“So what. Your turn, Karen.”
 
Karen drew her card, a Trap. She set it on the field and ended her turn.
 
Osiris: 10/6000/6000
 
“Osiris, destroy her Magnetic Soldier and end this.”
 
“Oh, he'll end it, Ulrich,” said Karen, smugly. “My Dimension Wall, however will transfer any gamage from me to you. All 5800 points! And this effects where the damage goes, not your monster!”
 
“No!”
 
K-200 U-0
 
“I guess I get your God Card and 4 Battle Stars.
 
“I can't believe I just lost.”
 
“Oh, shut it and gimme my... huh?” Karen was confused as Osiris rose up out of the duel disk and floated to her. She reached out and grabbed it as the card glowed a deep red color, as if it was accepting her. Afterwards, Karen looked over at Ulrich and saw a handful of Stars on the ground next to him. She picked up 4 and walked away without another word.