Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yuugiou - King of Games ❯ Ritual of the Duel ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yuugiou - King of Games
Chapter 10
Ritual of the Duel
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Tuesday morning...
 
Karen, refreshed from her good night's sleep was walking around town at 9 AM looking for a duel. Then a 12-year old girl appeared behind her.
 
The girl said, "My name is Amy and I challenge you to a duel for 2 stars!"
 
"Only 2?" asked Karen.
 
"That's right. I've had some bad luck, but I can do this, so I'm wagering my last 2 Stars."
 
"Fine," decided Karen, "I'll move first."
 
K-8000 A-8000
 
"I'll start with Advanced Ritual Art. I send 1 Gene-Warped Warwolf (Level 4) and 1 Gemini Elf (Level 4) from my deck to my graveyard, allowing me to Ritual Summon my Level 8 Black Luster Soldier (8/3000/2500). Next, I summon Earth Chanter Spell Monster in defense mode."
 
Earth Chanter: 3/1300/1300
Black Luster Soldier: 8/3300/2800
 
"I set 1 card and end my turn," she finished.
 
"I draw, then," said little Amy. "I play Advanced Ritual Art, too, discarding a Luster Dragon (Level 4) and a Vorse Raider (Level 4) to summon Shinato, King of a Higher Plane (8/3300/3000). I'll also play Black Illusion Ritual. I sacrifice The Masked Beast in my hand to summon Relinquished."
 
Relinquished - DARK - Level 1 - Spellcaster/Ritual/Effect - Once per turn you may turn 1 monster on your opponent's field into an Equip Card and equip it to this card. This card's ATK/DEF are equal to the ATK/DEF of the equipped monster. This card can only be equipped with 1 monster at a time. If this card is equipped with a monster is attacked, deal damage to your opponent equal to the damage you took in the attack. - 0/0
 
"I activate the effect of Relinquished and equip it with Black Luster Soldier."
 
Relinquished: 1/0/0 --> 1/3000/2500
 
"Now, Shinato, attack her Earth Chanter, and go right through to her Life Points!"
 
K-6000 A-8000
 
"Then I'll cut your remaining Life Points in half by attacking with Black Luster Soldier!"
 
"Go, Scapegoat!" declared Karen, triggering her Spell Card. "Now I summon 4 Sheep Tokens (1/0/0 [x4])."
 
"Fine," said Amy, "I guess I'll just have to destroy a Sheep Token." And suddenly, Karen was down to 3 Tokens.
 
"I set my last card face down and end my turn," finished Amy.
 
Alright, I need something good here, thought Karen, drawing her card.
 
"The Transmigration Prophecy!" declared Amy. "I return my Advanced Ritual Art and The Masked Beast to my deck and shuffle it."
 
"Whatever," said Karen, looking at the card she drew. "I play Earthly Impact. By discarding Buster Blader, I reduce Shinato's ATK by 2600."
 
Shinato, King of a Higher Plane: 8/3300/3000 --> 8/700/3000
 
"Your move."
 
"I draw, then play Samsara," said Amy.
 
Samsara - SPELL - Continuous - When a monster is Tributed for a Ritual Summon, return that monster(s) to the deck and shuffle it.
 
"I switch my Shinato to defense mode, and attack a sheep token with Relinquished. Go," she finished.
 
Karen drew, bringing her hand up to 1 card. "I play Premature Burial! I pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon my Buster Blader. And since you have a Luster Dragon in your graveyard, my monster powers up."
 
K-5200 A-8000
 
Buster Blader: 7/2600/2300 --> 7/3100/2300
 
"So what, will you attack my Relinquished?" asked Amy.
 
"Yeah, right, like I'm gonna let you take my Buster Blader. Attack Shinato!" And 6 seconds later, Buster Blader's blade make contact, shattering Shinato. "Your move, little girl."
 
"Fine. Hmph," she grunted as she drew. "I play Ritual Subsector*."
 
Ritual Subsector - SPELL - Field - Ritual monsters gain 600 ATK.
 
Relinquished: 1/3000/2500 --> 1/3600/2500
 
"Attack Buster Blader!"
 
K-4700 A-8000
 
Karen drew and played her card immediately, "Swords of Revealing Light! Your move."
 
"I draw," said Amy. "I activate Ritual Release*."
 
Ritual Release - SPELL - Choose 1 Ritual Monster you control. Draw 1 card for every 1000 ATK it has, then destroy it. If it wasn't destroyed, you take damage equal to it's ATK.
 
"I choose Relinquished. It has 3600 ATK, so I draw 3 cards. Then Relinquished is destroyed, and your Black Luster Soldier goes to your graveyard. Next, I play a card that I sent back to my deck a while ago, Advanced Ritual Art! I send 2 Gemini Elves from my deck to my deck, shuffle it, and summon my own Black Luster Soldier (8/3000/2500 --> 8/3600/2500). Then I play Fulfillment of the Contract."
 
Fulfillment of the Contract - SPELL - Equip - Pay 800 Life Points. Special Summon 1 Ritual monster in your Graveyard and equip it with this card. When this card leaves play, destroy the equipped monster.
 
K-4700 A-7200
"I think I'll bring Shinato back to this party."
 
Shinato, King of a Higher Plane: 8/3300/3000 --> 8/3900/3000
 
"And because of your Swords, my turn is done. Go, Karen."
 
Karen silently drew her card and placed it facedown in her Spell/Trap Zone. "Go."
 
"Draw! Summon Gemini Elf (4/1900/900). End turn. That's 2," warned Amy.
 
Karen drew again, and this time she spoke, "I remove Gene-Warped Warwolf and Gemini Elf from play to summon Alisen, Princess of the Land (8/2200/2200), and I think I'll play her as a Normal Summon, so I pay 800 Life Points and draw a card."
 
K-4100 A-7200
 
"I end my turn," she finished.
 
Amy drew immediately. "Go. That all for your Swords," she said.
 
"I know," said Karen, getting annoyed. "I draw, then I pay 800 Life Points and draw again."
 
K-3300 A-7200
 
"Then, I play another 800 Life Points to play Brain Control, letting me control Shinato for 1 turn."
 
K-2500 A-7200
 
"Now, Alisen attacks your Elf..."
 
K-2500 A-6900
 
"And Shinato attacks Black Luster Soldier."
 
K-2500 A-6600
 
"Then, in my Main Phase 2, I sacrifice Shinato to summon Magnetic Soldier (5/2200/600). Your move," finished Karen.
 
Amy, now with no monsters was a little irked at Karen. She drew her card, grunting, then ended her turn.
 
"That's the problem with a Ritual Deck," said Karen, drawing, "too many pieces needed to summon a monster. I play Archdragon Emerald Fang (4/1000/1700), then sacrifice it to double Alisen's ATK to 4400 this turn. So I 1 card draw from it's summon, then pay half my Life Points to sacrifice it."
 
K-1250 A-6600
 
"Alisen, Magnetic Soldier, attack directly!"
 
Alisen (4400) + Magnetic Soldier (2200) = 6600 Damage.
 
K-1250 A-6600 --> 0
 
"Let's see your deck," said Karen, taking Amy's 2 Battle Stars. Karen looked through Amy's deck for a few minutes, then tossed it back to her. "There's nothing I need in there," said Karen walking away.
 
Amy just stood there, her cards on the ground, watching Karen walk away.